Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel (38564 Views)

Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria / NNPC Fails To Account For 107 Million Barrels Of Crude, - Auditor General / Oil Price Collapses To $11 Per Barrel Amid Covid-19 Pandemic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Khyrvxjzy: 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
Jorussia:
I pray and hope the refinery favour Nigeria.I don't like Dangote.I still feel it was an error to give him license to build such a huge refinery. If 5 persons were given license to 650,000 barrel per day refinery,at least 3 would have been up and running by now.GEJ made mistake by approving 650,000 barrel refinery for only Dangote.

unreasonable region

people that will never achieve anything

1 Like

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by nairalanda1(m): 6:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
Biodun556:

30 licenses were given few licensees were able to build others fail because they do not have the money to build refinery

More like banks were not ready to give them loans to build refinery, because under subsidy (which your APC kept despite being adivced to remove it countless times)...such refineries would have operated at a loss and the banks won't have seen their money.

Dangote got loans because banks know that worst case scenario...AMCON would give them their money back from Dangote's other lucrative companies.
Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Mosba: 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
The start of Nigeria greatness right in the presence of the enemies who want everything to collapse because one fraud lost at the poll. God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by nearline(m): 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
Anunakeeh:

You go observe reach 2028 and nothing tangible will a common man benefit from the project except improved gnashing of teeths.
🤣🤣🤣 normally i no expect anything at all as dangote himself don talk the rubbish say na international market rate him go take sell for us. i just wan comment naa ni. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by nairalanda1(m): 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2023
Dennisochampa:
May this usher in good happenings for Nigeria...
With less importation of fuel.... Maybe things will begin to get better and the federal government can finally see a reason to revamp our refineries....
If all our refineries are working at 100 percent, coupled with this dangote own.... Then things will improve by as much as 30 or 40 percent..... Who knows what may happen in the years to come

No, it would not improve the Nigerian economy.

For Nigeria to have a better economy, it must be an actively exporting economy that exports manufactured goods and services, has a high tax uptake so that it can be made attractive to investors, and must have a working power sector that is deregulated.

1 Like

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by numericalguy(m): 6:55pm On Dec 07, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:
Bad news for the naysayers. They will soon come up with another wailing theory.

I agree with you. This is bad news for the enemies of Nigeria who are always celebrating bad news about Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Khyrvxjzy: 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
SeeWahala:

Dangote refinery won't pump out one single barrel of petrol to be sold in our local pumps till 2025.

No be me talk am, na so nigeria things dey be

Ikaeniyan0

see the person you answer

be fast to decode ipob terrorist so you wont reply them

1 Like

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by soojar(m): 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
londonzona:
I pity your like, a crude producing country is now Importing crude.And you see nothing in there

You would have done yourself some good if you had read the report before rushing to criticize someone who read the report unlike you.

We learn every day.

3 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Basic123: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
numericalguy:

IPOB cannibals and envy...

If the licence was given to an Igbo man, you would have been shouting Igbo amaka upandan

1.LEKKI DEEP SEA PORT
2.DANGOTE REFINERY
3.EKO ATLANTIC CITY
4.BLUE LIGHT RAIL
5.RED LIGHT RAIL

I am so happy that these 5 projects transforming lagos are happening in my life time because I followed the progress of these 5 projects from day 1 during my undergraduate days.

I AM SO HAPPY IGBO PEOPLE HAVE NO DIRECT LINK TO IT.

THESE ARE THE 5 BIGGEST INPUT TO LAGOS AFTER 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE

TO CROWN IT ALL,LEKKI DEEP SEA PORT IS RECEIVING THE CARGO FOR DANGOTE AS IF BOTH WERE JOINTLY PLANNED.

AT A TIME APAPA IS ALSO RECEIVING THE LARGEST CARGO EVER.

I SEE LAGOS HAVING THE AFRICAN LARGEST GDP IN FUTURE

5 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Ishilove: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2023
Biodun556:

And more money in government pause

Fuel prices should come down a little
*Purse
Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The FG gave out license to more than 20 person to build refineries, Dangote shouldn't be blame for others failure.

They just cant stand the fact that the man is no 'developer'. If he were, they would have awarded him Oscars and he would be in the Guiness world record with the title 'the greatest man to ever walk the earth from ****'.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Khyrvxjzy: 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2023
Jorussia:
oga forget that story,Dangote own the entire $19bn? Did you know that over 70% of the money used to finance this refinery are foreign loans that Nigeria govt stood as guarantor?

Jesus why did some people go to university

1 Like

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Neoteny7: 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2023
They should make sure no igboes are working there or within the vicinity, else they'd sabotage the facility.

1 Like

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2023
Jorussia:
oga forget that story,Dangote own the entire $19bn? Did you know that over 70% of the money used to finance this refinery are foreign loans that Nigeria govt stood as guarantor?

And?

Who ever told you guys that rich people stake their own personal funds into projects as this?

I mean you want to hear that he's staked the whole Dangote group assets?

Like for real? Haba.

3 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Khyrvxjzy: 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2023
Basic123:

1.LEKKI DEEP SEA PORT
2.DANGOTE REFINERY
3.EKO ATLANTIC CITY
4.BLUE LIGHT RAIL
5.RED LIGHT RAIL

I am so happy that these 5 projects transforming lagos are happening in my life time because I followed the progress of these 5 projects from day 1 during my undergraduate days.

I AM SO HAPPY IGBO PEOPLE HAVE NO DIRECT LINK TO IT.

THISE ARE THE 5 BIGGEST INPUT TO LAGOS AFTER 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE

ibo go begin hate you

SeeWahala

joyandfaith

Igbodicool

racoon

phorget

bigpicture001t

TINUBUISMAD

Chiefpriestt

Joy2dworldxyz

MadamVanessa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by marlow1962(m): 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
SeeWahala:
So nigeria now imports crude oil? shocked
Lol 😆 bro swear it's funny
Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Btruth: 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ope nii f'Olorun 🙏. I knew we will get there by His grace.

2 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Khyrvxjzy: 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2023
Zeebuy:

You're a complete slowpoke. What concerns Obi with this post?

I've always said it, Obi is currently the most influential man in Nigeria and that's the reason urchins can't go a day without mentioning his name.

Obi is your daddy's daddy grin

since you dont want to have sense
cant you see he reply someone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Basic123: 7:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

since you dont want to have sense
cant you see he reply someone

They will not see
Igbo are good in finding faults in others

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Raheeqilmaktoom: 7:12pm On Dec 07, 2023
Karlifate:

Sentiments aside, for "Nigeria govt" to stand as his "guarantor", shows they're also benefitting from his empire which has stood the test of time.

One major business lesson to learn from Dangote regarding this refinery is finding an enormous economic problem and making it your own.

Govts in Nigeria have been singing of refineries since the 70s and 80s along with all the benefits the country stands to gain, but the govts couldn't provide them.

It got to the point that the country sinks or swims on the need for a refinery. The govt was r ady to give an arm and a leg to ensure that the refinery comes to life as so many things, the govts own stability rests on the refinery coming to life and working optimally.

Oloye Akin Alabi in his book - small business, big money puts it this, 'pray to have a starving markrt'. The country is a starving market for crude products and Dangote cracked the code, he's paid his dues.

5 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Ballo1292(m): 7:15pm On Dec 07, 2023
SeeWahala:
So nigeria now imports crude oil? shocked

What a shame that you can't process simple information.

Read it again Olodo.

2 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by seunmsg(m): 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2023
londonzona:
I pity your like, a crude producing country is now Importing crude.And you see nothing in there

The crude oil was supplied from Agbami oil well in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by seunmsg(m): 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2023
patrickcollins:
It will not improve the foreign exchange cos he will sale in dollars and not Naira

There is an agreement between NNPC and Dangote to buy and sell in Naira.

4 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Ubanz: 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2023
First shipment from where?.
Trace that crude and u see that it came off Niger Delta.
Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by seunmsg(m): 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2023
Zeebuy:

You're a complete slowpoke. What concerns Obi with this post?

I've always said it, Obi is currently the most influential man in Nigeria and that's the reason urchins can't go a day without mentioning his name.

Obi is your daddy's daddy grin

If you have sense, you will see the nexus between Obi and the comment I responded. I’m sure you’re not blind to that comment.

4 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by bonnyhope: 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Good news

I [b]know someone working at the Dangote refinery, and he said the refinery will start refining in 2025 crew in the mud grin
[/b]

The ship carrying the crude will arrive Lekki tonight in 3 hours time

You so much believe in Nigeria s news

Me and you de here together we go see
Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Basic123: 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2023
londonzona:

Is it that you OBI followers are brainless or just blind.

Is AGBAMI in USA?

2 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by profmallor: 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
Thats true, but because this Government has a lot to prove, they will crash that price, even if it means to subsidize it through the back door. The point is to lure in potential investors. And in 2024, a lot of potential investors are looking to invest in a place like Nigeria. I know there is a lot of hate from Tinubu based on tribal and historical sentiments, but if only we can support this man to succeed, Nigerians would not believe the positive changes this man is capable of bringing to that Country.

dominique:
I don't have high hopes for this refinery. Everything Dangote touches quadruples in price. I hope I'm proved wrong

3 Likes

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by bonnyhope: 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
seunmsg:
To God be the glory. Hopefully, refined petroleum products from the refinery will ht the market by first week of January. This will give a very big boost to the economy and the foreign exchange crisis. Big shame on those haters of Nigeria who have been praying for the for the refinery not to work.

Wait and see if you will get refined product by January

You guys are too gullible

You forget that some people work in the facility and they are on this forum
Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Zeebuy: 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
seunmsg:

If you have sense, you will see the nexus between Obi and the comment I responded. I’m sure you’re not blind to that comment.

Article wey no concern obi in any way. This is how you'll see Obi in every nexus for the rest of your miserable existence.
You're slowly running mad but no one wants to tell you

1 Like

Re: First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel by Basic123: 7:24pm On Dec 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

The problem is simple.

Dangote has to

1.Pay his workers competitive wages. He is not competing with local refineries, he is competing with world refineries. And yes, Nigerian oil workers japa well well well

2.Pay for maintenance and replacement parts if need be. Remember , all those stuff comes from abroad. It is not made in Nigeria for the most part.

3.Pay heavy taxes...because I guess both Lagos and federal government would be extracting their bit now.

All that costs money.

And all that adds up.

Unless you want the government to pay another subsidy, on top of the fact that our economy is broke thanks to years of low oil prices, and APC mismanagement and failure to diversify, fuel sold from Dangote refinery is not going to be lowly priced. Heck even the experts say we would pay N70 less than what we pay now. The fact is, fuel is not cheap, and it never has been cheap. We lied to ourselves it was for decades, and we lost 4 refineries, and ended up importing badly refined fuel to save costs.

It's not popular view, and maybe some people should have gone into refining. But we don't have enough people doing refining, because years of subsidy means that anyone setting up a refinery is going to run it at a loss....and no bank would loan money to you for that. Dangote got away with it because of his lucrative other buisnesses...whcih can be used to pay back the loan, should the worst happen.

Anyway, hopefully, this APC government would totally remove subsides, and maybe prices might come down a bit. Maybe.After competition. (But if we want cheap fuel, we have to totally diversify our economy, and with the way government is fixing prices in the power sector, I am already doubtful they will be serious on that) But if fuel costs above N900 in our neighbours Niger, and Ghana, who both have working (and in Niger;s case exporting) refineries, why should we be buying N200 fuel in Nigeria? Or we expect Dangote to be maintaing refinery at a loss, because we want to buy cheap fuel? Would we allow government to set prices below market price for our businesses?

And let's be frank, our government was WRONG to spend money on cars and COP 28, but if it was used for subsidy instead, it won't last the month self.

You sound so reasonable!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal / Obaseki To Peter Obi: You Lack The Experience To Be Nigeria's Next President / Court Sacks Uche Secondus As PDP Member And National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.