Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? (32329 Views)

Find Research Topics For Your Undergraduate & Post Graduate Research / Having Trouble Putting Your Undergraduate/post-graduate Project Together? / What Is The Most Useless Subject You Studied In Your Undergraduate Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by inoki247: 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
Lol
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by folake4u(f): 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
People did this?? Interesting.

I didn't even go to my Matric or Convocation ceremonies.
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by StraightGaay: 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
F.u.ck? Yes na
Who didn't.?
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by StraightGaay: 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2023
folake4u:
People did this?? Interesting.

I didn't even go to my Matric or Convocation ceremonies.
Vc list and extra year student don't do non.
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by folake4u(f): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
ShangTsung000:
I didn't even attend my matriculation and convocation ceremonies. I no just geh that time.

Same oh.

My Matric day, I slept at home; Convocation day, I went to the cinemas with my girl.

1 Like

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by Foresterteewhy4: 6:30pm On Dec 07, 2023
Yes oooooo
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by StraightGaay: 6:30pm On Dec 07, 2023
Nemesis0147:
No
I had enough during my matric sef….did everything possible for my family not to come or bring food when coming but they no gree😂😂
Naso I hire taxi from school to my lodge with full cooler of rice and chicken with drinks….my lodge people happy wella sha.
You no wan make them see your mama
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by folake4u(f): 6:30pm On Dec 07, 2023
StraightGaay:
Vc list and extra year student don't do non.

Lol. I graduated with my set.
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by BXNX: 6:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
Lol..wuna dey learn work!

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by StraightGaay: 6:31pm On Dec 07, 2023
folake4u:

Lol. I graduated with my set.
Lies
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by adioolayi(m): 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
Mkelv0106:
Had a friend that always do this, man no get shame. I just couldn't bring myself to do this.

Shame for convocations party rice

When undergraduate go also eat yours during your own convocation

I don't see anything wrong in students passing through school and allowing school pass through them. That's education.
Learning is not about what we taught inside the 4 corners of lecture theatres.. activities around the school is part of learning.

What then will you call "Rag Day" where you dress in "Rag" and starts begging for money inside an SUG "TIN" cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by 22just: 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
fixedhollies:
I never did… I no Dey attend convocation self. Undergrad, MA man no show face. If u like graduate, man no go show.

Maybe for my children I go Dey show.

Na so I be too o. I only attended my 1st degree convocation just because I was an awardee, my masters own I no show

2 Likes

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by Lukuluku69(m): 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2023
fixedhollies:
I never did… I no Dey attend convocation self. Undergrad, MA man no show face. If u like graduate, man no go show.

Maybe for my children I go Dey show.

Same here.

First Degree and MSc, never show face.

I have never attended a Convocation before but I will definitely attend my kids God willing.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by oliverano: 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2023
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by UptownVibes(m): 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
As introvert wen I be,I didn't do that.. To eat for public no dey let me..

The graduation one of my guy carry me go na em I see fire.. They gave me this McDowells to drink.. As I sip small my eyes was spinning. I come say make I form bad guy.. I finish the cup.. I didn't even know how I got back to the hostel..

My guy say na bike them use ,cux I couldn't work grin That was the first and las day I tried such.. Cux I felt I disgraced myself. The memory never fade till date...

2 Likes

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by Nackzy: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2023
Mine was different, our convocation arena was always used for events and functions almost every weekend, so we will dress and go there and make sure at the end of the event we go back to our hostels with souvenirs and food

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by EleventhWeirdo: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2023
During my undergrad days at OAU, I wouldn't cook at hostel in the week of convocation. In fact, scavenging would produce meat, turkey and various mix of jollof in my pot then
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by Archtype(m): 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
Mkelv0106:
Had a friend that always do this, man no get shame. I just couldn't bring myself to do this.
Hunger really wired me for undergraduate but I get pride oo..I didn't do any of it, and that small pride and small coordination got me where I am today oo

1 Like

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by shenaxy: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2023
money121:
Students going about looking for food from tent to tent during Convocation reminds me of our days.. Some traditions can't change.

On this table gidigba grin grin

My new techno p5 was stolen in this process, I didn't know when it was removed from my pocket amidst the crowd. Very bad experience, gone was that day.

3 Likes

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by CalabarPikin: 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
Even going to my colleagues house to eat when I'm out of cash or food stuff was a problem for me....but on a steady guys go enter my side come chop and even take raw food home.

Las Las I return with ulcer since I couldn't keep disturbing parents every week for food...

2 Likes

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by Neddyogu(m): 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
In my day, we called it 'ward round'.
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by Zenithphil8368: 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
Mkelv0106:
na play you dey hungry never wire you first grin
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by Omobude244: 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
money121:
Students going about looking for food from tent to tent during Convocation reminds me of our days.. Some traditions can't change.

lolz
back then in Uniben

i didnt do it. but there this is my friend that always does it then. when he is coming to the hostel sometimes, he will carry more than extra 3 plates home alongside drinks

so one day i decided to follow him.
omo see the way my guy they hustle for food from canopy to canopy from people he never see before
i couldnt just bear the shame and i get one fine girl i dey date den grin
omo i leave my guy behind go back hostel go soak garri abeg grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by Evestar200(f): 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2023
I didn't even come out for my Matric.
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by tuzle(m): 6:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
I didn't go for matric, but I collected food from a friend during her own. Don't know if I will attend my own but the money I paid for convocation gown can't go for free.
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by Error401: 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
I did it

money121:

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by ruzell86: 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
Lol, I even did it in Inaugural Lectures of both known and unknown lecturers in my school. Great Ife ! grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 6:55pm On Dec 07, 2023
Yes
Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by Vipro(m): 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
ecolime:
I didn't

The one I did was attending all the campus fellowship freshers day in 100L.

And their sendforth in final year.

My school campus fellowships pass 50 (Not exaggerating).. No one wey me and my fellow FFO no go. RCF, Daystar, BSF, Catholic, CAC, Celestial, etc.. grin

Nothing like shame those days. Student life cheesy
UNIBEN?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Do This During Your Undergraduate Years? by Nemesis0147(m): 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
StraightGaay:
You no wan make them see your mama
you wish!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Awin International Schools, Uyo: Sexual Abuse Rocks Akwa Ibom School / OAU Will Exit National Grid By December 31 — VC / Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.