Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Note To Those Working In Lagos. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Note To Those Working In Lagos. (28806 Views)

Thanks For Your Inputs. I'm Now Working In Gombe / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? / Tips For Those Working From Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Toosure70: 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
Still some thieves claiming Lagos . Ọmọ ole
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by ikeno(m): 1:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lagos will drain the life out of you. Everybody want to collect from you.

3 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by lendahand(m): 1:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lasgidi
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Rahkman: 1:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
angry
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by GboyegaD(m): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
Moyinoluwa35:
Please is it a crime we in nigeria enjoy life before we all die? Why is everybody comfortable with this suffering going on in this country? Nobody is talking everyone have move on

Many have been confirmed to think the suffering is soft life.

1 Like

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by lendahand(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
ednut1:
Picked pocket follow me cross road at oshodi. On getting to the other side phone had vanished. At obalende too my phone was stolen on my way to work 🤣
fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. No loose guard again ooo...

2 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Mayeldah(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lamentations from Lagos built and erected by the drug Lord.

dis one na for bus jumpers na, part two will be for car owners grin grin
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Ihenzy(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
I can't relate and i have spent like six months in Lagos.

Steady on BRT and Train.

My street is not that violent with thugs but nevertheless, I'm always careful

6 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Godfullsam(m): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2023
techaboki:
Don't you guys ever get tired of repeating this stale statements?

Lagos this, Lagos that.

And most times na lie.

Traffic in Lagos is not the way you always paint it. Yes, there's always crazy traffic once it rains but other than that traffic in Lagos is not that terrible. Infact, Nyanya-Maraba in Abuja has a much traffic jam

The way una de hype this una Lagos ehn

Unemployment is everywhere on the streets of Lagos. So much for the land of "opportunities".

In summary 70% of what you wrote there are either lies or exaggerated.

2024 is 3wks away, learn to create better contents

No be only una de Lagos

Nyanyan-mararaba traffic at times can make you regret the day you were born.
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Resetinc: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
Moyinoluwa35:
Please is it a crime we in nigeria enjoy life before we all die? Why is everybody comfortable with this suffering going on in this country? Nobody is talking everyone have move on

😂😂😂😂😉

Next time vote wisely 😂😂

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Simdyofficial(f): 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
Personally I can't live in Lagos . So stressful.. those action bitter drivers can scratch for life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Inkling(f): 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
techaboki:

Lagos this, Lagos that.

And most times na lie.

Traffic in Lagos is not the way you always paint it. Yes, there's always crazy traffic once it rains but other than that traffic in Lagos is not that terrible. Infact, Nyanya-Maraba in Abuja has a much traffic jam

Unemployment is everywhere on the streets of Lagos. So much for the land of "opportunities".

No be only una de Lagos

You know close to nothing about Lagos.

If your working place is far from where you reside you will understand that the write up is spot on.

I've experienced everything being mentioned up there

5 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Hamachi(f): 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
Start a protest from your compound and let it gain momentum, i will join you.
Moyinoluwa35:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by techaboki: 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
Andyfelix:
I haven't experience any of d above sha
I pray so
Na God dey guide us sha

They are mostly lies, all in a bid to hype the city as always. Lagos is no longer Lagos. I remember the first time I came to Lagos as a 6yts old in the late 90s, I could feel it that I'm in a different place. The level of crime and criminality then was so unprecedented. There was a program then on tv called crime fighters, Asin, Lagos was a criminals hub. Every thing the op said about Lagos is based on pass glory. The place is congested, no good houses, smelly surroundings, just name. It doesn't feel like I'm in Lagos honestly .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Iamzik: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2023
Moyinoluwa35:

Ask APC Zombies.
They protested against 89/ltre fuel and 216/$ but they are now supporting 700/litre and celebrating 1200/$

Nobody hates corruption in Nigeria. People only complain when they are not on the table to share from the looting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by LeeSmart: 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lagos state has it ups nd downs, eko made me earn my 1st millions. had to surply wine 2 a very prominent business customer's 50th birthday party at lekki. i walked home with about 10mil daht day.
I too love lagos

7 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by SunMusk(m): 2:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
Then you have not been to lagos, so please stop saying what you don't know. The traffic here(Lagos) is more than anywhere in Nigeria. On Sunday you will get to Ikeja under bridge 14 to 17mins from roundabout if you coming from Egbeda but on Monday average 30mins when there is no traffic. Traffic is real here don't play.
techaboki:

Lagos this, Lagos that.

And most times na lie.

No be only una de Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by SmartyPants(m): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
Nice2023:

How...it means u like suffering.

U come to Abuja eh...living here is serene and absolutely beautiful.

No noise.

Complete opposite of Lagos.

I visited Lagos not so long ago and my impression is that there are areas of Lagos that are like Abuja and there are areas of Abuja that are like Lagos.

My Ikoyi - Lekki - Ikeja experience was generally pleasant. Not much different from Gwarinpa /Wuse/Maitama.

Similarly, Nyana/Mararaba and others may be closer to the hectic areas of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by iamtardey: 2:16pm On Dec 08, 2023
mascot87:
Also remember that a lot of Lagosians are moving around with frustration and could transfer aggression to you at the slightest provocation
⚠️😂
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by lozanni(m): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lagos can turn you into an aggressive person; I remember once punching a conductor (I was a young graduate at that time)because he refused to give me my change. It was only when I got to the office, that I asked myself if punching the conductor was the right thing to do as he and the driver could have teamed up to fight me.

On another occasion, our conductor got into a fight with a bus stop tout who was demanding the normal loading fees because the conductor picked someone at their bus stop. It degenerated into a fight between the tout and the conductor with both of them stripping themselves stark naked in a no holds bar street fight. I got down from the bus and took another bus immediately to avoid continuing to witness the bizarre fight.

Once chance robbers obtained my phone once in a bus etc.

There are numerous tales to tell, but all in all, Lagos is a bubbling city which many people who have experienced find it difficult to live elsewhere

2 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Hezzyluv: 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
Starboytwo:
Last time I was In Lagos, a 30 minutes journey stretched to over 2 hour journey.

I started thinking about my life in the standstill, blistering heat and sweat running down my forehead inside the danfo, from Ikotun to Mushin, just to see my mama, family and friends.

This place is not for me I decided. Well until that road is completely fixed.

I followed that path today. From Jakande Gate to isolo na 2hours from isolo to mushing, na another 1hour grin

1 Like

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Blessed4sure: 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2023
I haven't experienced many of the things the Op wrote, but please don't downplay Lagos traffic.

The distance from my home to the workplace is barely 16Km, but i spend not less than 90 minutes on each journey daily. During the yuletide period when Lagos is less crowded, the same journey takes less than 30 minutes.

If I can make half of what I earn in Lagos somewhere else, I'll leave Lagos immediately.

techaboki:

Lagos this, Lagos that.

And most times na lie.

No be only una de Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by iamtardey: 2:20pm On Dec 08, 2023
How will you live in Lagos and talk about homemade food everytime time … HOW? undecided
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
ebuka10box:
Just dey play ... Come to Port Harcourt..Lagos this ,Lagos that

Leave am..make him come pitakwa
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by NaijaCover(m): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lagos has nothing to offer to ÑAIJACOVER
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by techaboki: 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2023
Godfullsam:

Nyanyan-mararaba traffic at times can make you regret the day you were born.

They think that Lagos has the monopoly of everything in Nigeria. The only edge Lagos has over every place in Nigeria is job/career opportunities. Other than that Lagos de learn work for some certain things.
I don't think there's any route in Lagos that has the kind of hold up in that Nyanya-Maraba axis. The only exception is when it rains. Once it rains in Lagos, the city just shuts down.
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Hamachi(f): 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
It very good for you. Hybrid is always something companies should look into.
DesChyko:
Lol.. Man saw something that made man to start fighting to land remote jobs.🤣

Man can no longer can. 🥲

1 Like

Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Hamachi(f): 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2023
grin
iamtardey:
How will you live in Lagos and talk about homemade food everytime time … HOW? undecided
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Hamachi(f): 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
Blessed4sure:
I haven't experienced many of the things the Op wrote, but please don't downplay Lagos traffic.

The distance from my home to the workplace is barely 16Km, but i spend not less that 90 minutes on each journey daily. During the yuletide period when Lagos is less crowded, the same journey takes less than 30 minutes.

If I can make half of what I earn in Lagos somewhere else, I'll leave Lagos immediately.

shocked
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by Quebec91(m): 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
Shut up 🤫

You just frustrated asshole

There's nothing wrong with the OP content

Very acurate
techaboki:

Lagos this, Lagos that.

And most times na lie.

No be only una de Lagos
Re: Note To Those Working In Lagos. by iamtardey: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
Hamachi:
grin
I be jumping from one Aboki to another… ewa agoin and bread from iya elewa too mogbe tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Invites Applications For 2015 Direct Short Service Commission / Distribution Of The 2nd Batch Of N-power Devices Has Commenced / 2021 Recruitment Into The Nigerian Army For 81 Regular Recruit Intake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.