Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It (27020 Views)

Ikorodu Pedestrian Bridge Collapses (Pictures) / Many Dead As Truck Rams Into Shops In AAUA / Bridge Collapses In Kwara After Heavy Rainfall, Four Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by CaptainFM1: 11:50am On Dec 08, 2023
I would suggest to the government to put a 1meter clearance barrier at 500m before the bridge. A bell/alarms and visual lighting alerts should come up to indicate that if you hit the barrier, you will hit the bridge.

Actually, all drivers are also suppose to know the vertical heights of the vehicle they are driving.
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by Whatisurproblem(m): 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2023
oliverwrites:
When our useless politicians will rather imbezzle money and improvise materials.

It is a shame really.
Oga, momentum Impact from the truck 🚛 brought down the bridge
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by LeonSaab: 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

You don’t get it or you just want to argue,

Lagos is Nigeria commercial capital, just like London to England, Johannesburg to sa, and so on, you no Dey hear or you just wan make Tinubu feel good, Lagos house 90 percent of headquarters, businesses, and largest Africa port, and largest population same as London is to England and others, don’t you think

Lagos is Nigeria former capital city. It’s stride have been there.
remove that last line of Lagos been the former capital....Calabar was also former capital and ABJ is current capital
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeonSaab:
remove that last line of Lagos been the former capital....Calabar was also former capital and ABJ is current capital

You really don’t research, you just hear calabar you didn’t even know when, how and what time.

Lagos has been capital even before independence mr Man. It should be massive with beautiful architectures, all streets, roads tarred and lights everywhere. Common, other governors are idiots too, we know, but Lagos should set world class standards, not mediocre ones, and praised when they do half baked roads by supporters who haven’t been to benin republic before.

Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by LeonSaab: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

You really don’t research, you just hear calabar you didn’t even know when, how and what time.

Lagos has been capital even before independence mr Man. It should be massive with beautiful architectures, all streets, roads tarred and lights everywhere. Common, other governors are idiots too, we know, but Lagos should set world class standards, not mediocre ones, and praised when they do half baked roads by supporters who haven’t been to benin republic before.
Oga ABJ is there as well look to them, leave Lagos out of it.....you peoples obsession with Lagos is becoming unhealthy
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeonSaab:
Oga ABJ is there as well look to them, leave Lagos out of it.....you peoples obsession with Lagos is becoming unhealthy

My parents dey Lagos, some of my properties dey Lagos, I stay Lagos, I japa first from Lagos, I know Lagos in and out, na we hustle for Lagos, from Ogba to fagba, to Mende, to onigbongbo to to iju ishaga, akiode, ojodu, Omole and so on, we hustle. I love what lee did to Singapore, Deng did to china,

Don’t be emotional, we need leaders like that, we have not seen one. Don’t be tribalistic and emotional. It’s time all youths speak one language and demand our Singapore, demand our renovated China, we be mate, but them don leave us. Corrupt leader in China, na death sentence same as Japan, suicide, etc, we need a wonderful country. Nigeria leaders are horrible, you read my comments I mention others are idiots not only Lagos but you lack comprehension to understand it’s all about us and the future of our kids. Do they dem selves have to japa. Only entertainment dey give men money now with who Dey do tech. Farming Wey them suppose pump money. Nothing.

Waiter, warehouse worker, plumber, electrician, Dey earn to eat well and buy car, take vacation for here. You don’t just understand the GDP per capita of Lagos is poor, GDP PER CAPITA OF Nigeria IS POOR. The whole nation, you see rich people in Nigeria, na just small percent.

China with 1.4 billion population is having gdp per capital of over 12k dollars, Nigeria 2k, Ghana even plenty pass us, India with billions of people same, when we go think.

plumber can stay where ministers dey stay for here. A waiter can stay where bank director dey stay for here. Equality.

It’s better we leave tribe, emotions, it’s my Lagos, it’s your Lagos, religion aside and speak one voice.

If it took lee of Singapore, Deng of China. One man. Then Nigeria can be turned around.
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by LeonSaab: 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

My parents dey Lagos, some of my properties dey Lagos, I stay Lagos, I japa first from Lagos, I know Lagos in and out, na we hustle for Lagos, from Ogba to fagba, to Mende, to onigbongbo to to iju ishaga, akiode, ojodu, Omole and so on, we hustle. I love what lee did to Singapore, Deng did to china,

Don’t be emotional, we need leaders like that, we have not seen one. Don’t be tribalistic and emotional. It’s time all youths speak one language and demand our Singapore, demand our renovated China, we be mate, but them don leave us. Corrupt leader in China, na death sentence same as Japan, suicide, etc, we need a wonderful country. Nigeria leaders are horrible, you read my comments I mention others are idiots not only Lagos but you lack comprehension to understand it’s all about us and the future of our kids. Do they dem selves have to japa. Only entertainment dey give men money now with who Dey do tech. Farming Wey them suppose pump money. Nothing.

Waiter, warehouse worker, plumber, electrician, Dey earn to eat well and buy car, take vacation for here. You don’t just understand the GDP per capital of Lagos is poor, GDP PER CAPITAL OF Nigeria IS POOR. The whole nation, you see rich people in Nigeria, na just small percent.

plumber can stay where ministers dey stay for here. A waiter can stay where bank director dey stay for here. Equality.

It’s better we leave tribe, emotions, it’s my Lagos, it’s your Lagos, religion aside and speak one voice.

If it took lee of Singapore, Deng of China. One man. Then Nigeria can be turned around.
oshey developer of life....you hustle for Lagos finish go China. Go Singapore dey do things.....oga leave Lagos alone you just dey talk talk.....you say you want better but your fixation stays on Lagos like dem use am choke you wen you small.....I have said it that you peoples obsession with Lagos is unhealthy and you need to move on.....just try dey calm down...drink small water .....💧....😉
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeonSaab:
oshey developer of life....you hustle for Lagos finish go China. Go Singapore dey do things.....oga leave Lagos alone you just dey talk talk.....you say you want better but your fixation stays on Lagos like dem use am choke you wen you small.....I have said it that you peoples obsession with Lagos is unhealthy and you need to move on.....just try dey calm down...drink small water .....💧....😉

I be warri boy, sorry, been away from Lagos for like 10 years plus, sorry can’t help your small mind. We can’t relate. Have a great life.
No more response. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by oluwatoyosi8755: 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2023
Everything in life is not about government. Read to understand.Everything in life is not about government. Read to understand....
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by Hanndye: 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2023
Mynd44:

This was not because of materials. It was caused by the bad judgement of the driver
So who should suffer it, the bridge or the truck? I've said it, those pedestrian bridges don't look durable. The person I told said I was wrong. Well, time will tell. I love ambode for his constructive mind, but the truth I must say.
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by Newton1045: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
Pepperdemisback:

What is the width of a pedestrian bridge?
They are used by people on foot only, so, they are not same with real bridges that convey vehicles. It is a pedestrian bridge for people to cross busy street not a flyover.
The foundation you make for a bungalow is different from that of a storey building.

Sorry I didn't know movies aint real.
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by Pclemenza: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
it can happen anywhere bro, not even only in Nigeria sir.
I gree. This is why it is called an accident, it was unforeseen
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by Geo4646: 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2023
waice6571:

Mr dullard man continue to be a dullard.

Use it to get money in the bank.. did I mention u, u think is everyone you can just mentioned and
start insulting. If I come for u. U will regret ur life.
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by waice6571: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
Geo4646:

Use it to get money in the bank.. did I mention u, u think is everyone you can just mentioned and
start insulting. If I come for u. U will regret ur life.

I will be expecting your coming.... Cast your stone and let's see the stuff you are made of.... So lo ya aletilapa omo ni ?
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by Irony1: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
Ok, tell my any state in Nigeria with high quality projects....please name one

Oga you cannot even compare the light rail with the light rail in Casablanca. With the statis of Lagos it is a shame that Lagos cannot stand with Cape Town, Casablanca, Dakar, Marrakech, Tangier and several cities that are not capitals, and you are here talking about other states who never enjoyed the kind of infrastructure boom Lagos had from colonial era, to the oil boom of the 70s and till now.
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by Irony1: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol....for your mind.....that particular bridge has been there for more than 20 years and did not fall until a trailer ran into it......

A foot bridge is what you are talking about with so much gusto. Make una shame small naaaa
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by OlawaleBammie: 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
Irony1:

Oga you cannot even compare the light rail with the light rail in Casablanca. With the statis of Lagos it is a shame that Lagos cannot stand with Cape Town, Casablanca, Dakar, Marrakech, Tangier and several cities that are not capitals, and you are here talking about other states who never enjoyed the kind of infrastructure boom Lagos had from colonial era, to the oil boom of the 70s and till now.

I didn't ask u for how lives are in marakech, casablanca, Kigali, Pretoria, Ouagadougou, Cairo, Tunis and zanzibar.....

Read again, I asked you that what state in Nigeria has a better infrastructure than lagos...don't tell me the history of Maputo and Tripoli..
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by LeonSaab: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
Irony1:

A foot bridge is what you are talking about with so much gusto. Make una shame small naaaa
and so........how many other states don build wey trailer no even jam wey don dey collapse? Trailer jam this one baba come dey talk say na inferior work, dey beat him chest say na inferior work dey all over Lagos.....like say him state infrastructure fit stand near Lagos......
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by LeonSaab: 7:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

I be warri boy, sorry, been away from Lagos for like 10 years plus, sorry can’t help your small mind. We can’t relate. Have a great life.
No more response. Thanks
lol for your mind na only you dey Waka commot Naija.....the reason you are away for 10 years is because you left to chase green card and got yourself stuck in the abroad.....I'm not shackled like you I stroll in and out of the abroad anytime I like.....as I'm typing this I'm doing it while shitting in Texas......soon I'll be back to Naija to face my business and add value to my country.....cause Home is where the Amala is......continue with your green card shackles and let those who have something to offer Nigeria face road, no be to just dey run your mouth dey talk nonsense especially when you know in the next ten years you no go see ground.......because say we jam for Nairaland una go just think say everybody dey the same sad situation as you....🤣🤣🤣

Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by Irony1: 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeonSaab:
and so........how many other states don build wey trailer no even jam wey don dey collapse? Trailer jam this one baba come dey talk say na inferior work, dey beat him chest say na inferior work dey all over Lagos.....like say him state infrastructure fit stand near Lagos......

Oga calm down my reference is not on the trailer and the foot bridge. it is the erats and urchins that are making a mountain out of it that i am addressing.
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by Irony1: 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

I didn't ask u for how lives are in marakech, casablanca, Kigali, Pretoria, Ouagadougou, Cairo, Tunis and zanzibar.....

Read again, I asked you that what state in Nigeria has a better infrastructure than lagos...don't tell me the history of Maputo and Tripoli..

Stop making reference to states in Nigeria. Look at the fellow contemporaries of Lagos who were already small and undeveloped at the time Lagos was a metropolis, it is a shame that Lagos cannot even stand up to their suburbs more so their city centers.
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by OlawaleBammie: 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
Irony1:

Stop making reference to states in Nigeria. Look at the fellow contemporaries of Lagos who were already small and undeveloped at the time Lagos was a metropolis, it is a shame that Lagos cannot even stand up to their suburbs more so their city centers.

We re not talking about outside contemporaries oga, besides, why don't other states in the country be the contemporaries, why should you bring in outsiders?
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by Irony1: 10:37pm On Dec 08, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

We re not talking about outside contemporaries oga, besides, why don't other states in the country be the contemporaries, why should you bring in outsiders?

Oga other states cannot be contemporaries because they never experienced the same massive investments that Lagos experienced from 60s to the oil boom of the 70s and the 80s onwards. Please fear God and stop lies.
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by OlawaleBammie: 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
Irony1:

Oga other states cannot be contemporaries because they never experienced the same massive investments that Lagos experienced from 60s to the oil boom of the 70s and the 80s onwards. Please fear God and stop lies.
victim mentality
They sidelined me syndrome
They never prioritise me effect
Re: Alapere Pedestrian Bridge Collapses As Truck Rams It by Irony1: 11:06am On Dec 09, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
victim mentality
They sidelined me syndrome
They never prioritise me effect

Oga you have been boxed in, hence the reapinse there is victim mentality here, I just gave you irrefutable facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg / A Pakistani Commercial Plane With 47 People On Board Has Crashed, Killing All. / Dangote Trailer Set On Fire In Delta After Killing Three People. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.