Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,547 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ (538 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Son-in-law Ojo As Managing Director Of FHA / Adeleke Suspends Osun Chief Judge Adepele Ojo / Nigerians Laud Tinubu For Appointing Tunji-Ojo As Minister Of Interior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by TruthsFM: 2:52am On Dec 08, 2023
NJC shuns Adeleke, affirms Adepele Ojo as Osun CJ
The National Judicial Council has declined the request of Governor Ademola Adeleke of Osun State to swear in another judge in replacement of the embattled Chief Judge of the state, Hon. Justice Adepele Ojo.
In a statement signed by the Council's Director of Information, Soji Oye, Esq, at the end of its 104th meeting of 6 & 7 December 2023, under the leadership of Hon. Justice Olukayode Ariwoola, GCON, the Council held that the NJC is the only body constitutionally empowered to investigate judicial officers and recommend same for any action to the Governor.
The Council, according to Oye, affirmed that Hon. Justice Ojo is the recognised Chief Judge of Osun State and ordered that the state should revert to status quo.

https://www.osundefender.com/flash-njc-shuns-adeleke-affirms-adepele-ojo-osun-chief-judge/

https://www.thecable.ng/njc-declines-adelekes-request-to-suspend-osun-cj
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by TruthsFM: 2:53am On Dec 08, 2023
Hmm Mrs Adepele Ojo remains Chief Justice of Osun State
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by Dreal1247: 3:32am On Dec 08, 2023
Let the political games continue. The end shall justified the means.
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by tafabaloo(m): 4:13am On Dec 08, 2023
That's a welcoming verdict!

Wish the judiciary would live up to being the hope of the commoners
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by orisa37: 4:35am On Dec 08, 2023
JUDICIAL INDEPENDENCE. NJC IS RIGHT.
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by orisa37: 4:37am On Dec 08, 2023
RIGHT.
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by orisa37: 4:38am On Dec 08, 2023
ADELEKE IS A HOOLIGAN.
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by orisa37: 4:40am On Dec 08, 2023
RIGHT.
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by orisa37: 4:45am On Dec 08, 2023
TINUBU AND ARIWOOLA ARE MAKING WAVES.
THEY ARE PERFORMING NIGERIANISTS LIKE OBASANJO AND IBB.
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by victorclean(f): 7:17am On Dec 08, 2023
Asiwaju's chief justice has spoken
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by crossfm: 7:18am On Dec 08, 2023
Hehehe.

Rascality at play here,the question is who appoints a chief judge in a state again?.

They should let the governor do his job and rule the state in peace.

The judiciary just woke up from their slumber because it's a PDP controlled state.
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by Lovemeharder(f): 2:34am On Dec 09, 2023
shocked
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by Caseless: 3:27am On Dec 09, 2023
Which judge did NJC recommend for sack recently and said it gave garnishee order without due process? I read here that the embattled judge is still the CJ of the state. What's happening? Who wrote the earlier report saying the NJC recommended his sack?
Re: NJC Shuns Adeleke, Affirms Adepele Ojo As Osun CJ by Fuckyoumod: 4:57am On Dec 09, 2023
This more of politics to me than the right thing.

I can't be a governor and you will impose a rebellious CJ on me, never.

I will instruct the state house of assembly to screen and confirm a parallel CJ that I will be working with in my state. While their self imposed CJ work with NJC, Simple.

Nothing will happen! This is an already messed up country, anything goes.

If Wike will write election results in Rivers State and the court will affirm the result, if hope can move all the way from 4th to 1st courtesy of the supreme court. Then NJC has no moral right to oppose Adeleke's choice of CJ.

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Million-dollar US Property Acquired By Nigerian Army General I / Mineral Resources Found In The 36 States Of Nigeria And FCT / It Is Time For Nigerians To Carry More Sophisticated Weapons – Middle Belt Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.