Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students (25350 Views)

Senate Insists On 16 Years As Requirement For Tertiary Institution Admission / JAMB Suspends National Identification Number (NIN) As Requirement For UTME 2020 / Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Codes151(m): 11:03am On Dec 08, 2023
Japa is now a scam o.

Use ur head.

Schooling is the worse fraud.

After paying 15k£ | year for ur program.
House 10k£ | year
Bills n tax approx 2k / year.

They no get work o.
Na menial jobs with shitty pay where then go still tax like 20%,

Add more tax on u again. On top.

Now u can bring ur family to support o.

RUN O.
RUN O
RUN O

NA SCAM.

Indians, Arabs are not coming.

Africans need to do same.
We need to push our government to do more.

Our own systems will do better than theirs cuz we have the numbers.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Evolutionism: 11:06am On Dec 08, 2023
rspy:
Without poor people, money wouldn't have value,
Without 3rd world nations, Visa wouldn't have value,
Without slaves, Freedom wouldn't have value
Without stupid people, Wisdom wouldn't have value.

The world would come to an end, when the black man stops being a happy slave, sadly it's more likely for (the fictional Jesus) to return to earth, than getting a black man to reason
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by dunski: 11:06am On Dec 08, 2023
Focusmind:
The main worry is that cap on extension of PGWP. What happens after the Post Graduate Work Permit has expired and the international student has not been lucky with PR application. Na to return back to his or her country. There are piles and piles of PR application waiting to be attended to, and some international students, even with the Canadian work experience and Canadian education have not been able to make the cut for PR.
This is the koko.

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by jaxxy(m): 11:10am On Dec 08, 2023
JagabanB:

U are bringing a quote from Obi who couldn't deliver growth to his people.
Most of the defects, infrastructure, functional systems are errors of state governments but Nîgeriàns see it as FG issue.
I saw a man arguing bitterly that a street inside a street should be constructed by Buhari.
I was like wow!!!
It is the responsibility of the local government to build parks, build cemeteries and maintain them, name streets and put street lights.
How many LG are doing that?
Ironically, we think the FG is supposed to do that.
Many LG are dèad because governors side tracked them, pocketed them and swallowed them, something Obi did during his time as govèrñór.
Lagos is more advanced than other states because their Government is functional.
They have a functioning train services, how?
Because of the governors.
How many governors are constructing roads in their places?
What's the difference between Abia of 2 years ago and Abia now?
Governor, not president.
Most of the errors in this country are perpetrated by Governors, somehow, they turn ur eyes to FG.
They receive allocations and embezzle them.
Obi as govèrñór faiIed wóéfully as govèrñór and he is giving quotes about giving hope to the people and people are believing him.
If u know the responsibilities of governors, u won't see Obi as a messiah.

Lol u are obsessed about what obi did in Anambra and using only Lagos out if the whole SW states to make noise that the government was functional? Can a state give what it doesn't have?

what could tinubu do for his state osun under Oyetola? No magic happened. undecided

Ibadan with thr great performance by the governor is still not anywhere close.

That should tell u Lagos is only developed because of the group or people from different tribes migrating and investing heavily in it.

Without those people lagos is nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by xweexxer(m): 11:11am On Dec 08, 2023
This I had expected a long time ago. Nigerians take advantage of everything... use and over use. Well, I don't expect anyone to complain because you must have money before you travel and not to travel before you have money.
That greener pastures that you are looking for there is plenty here but you don't want to believe so. My brothers and sisters go and hustle and make life better for yourselves before you think of travelling. And when you finally 'Japa' make sure you have bundles of money in your pocket. So that you won't disgrace yourself sleeping on the streets like a tramp and begging for food.
Let me have a break...

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by WayoProphet: 11:18am On Dec 08, 2023
Dude, the white man got nothing to do with your poverty. Blame your greedy evil leaders. The resources, money is there but, they loot it all. If they work and make everything accessible, no one would want to japa.

BlueStripper:
At the end of the day, the world will feel the impact of their evil deeds in Africa.

You sanction African countries and impose economic embargos, yet expect them to remain in the land? That's thinking like a typical western bigot.

You spearhead warfare in Sahel Africa for arms export and exploitation of natural resources thereby causing unrest and economic instability. Still in your crazy minds, you expect the people to remain?

Someday, you will see mass migration from all corners. Africans will develop helium balloons just to fly and land in your backyards.

Someday, what you thought was an UFO will be a shipload of Africans coming over to wreck your "Beautiful Homes" .

Your Refugee camps will be overcrowded. Your law enforcement will be overwhelmed.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by JagabanB: 11:18am On Dec 08, 2023
jaxxy:

Lol u are obsessed about what obi did in Anambra and using only Lagos out if the whole SW states to make noise that the government was functional? Can a state give what it doesn't have?

what could tinubu do for his state osun under Oyetola? No magic happened. undecided

Ibadan with thr great performance by the governor is still not anywhere close.

That should tell u Lagos is only developed because of the group or people from different tribes migrating and investing heavily in it.

Without those people lagos is nothing.
I don't really know other part of SW but I am sure some of them are better than some states in SE.
The funny thing about u folks is that u Iàck the depth to maintain a solid discussion, I made example with Lagos, Abia (because I know SE very well), I made reference as to why many things are dysfunctional as governors not functioning properly as well as LG, and the errors in LG, I made reference to governors who are clearly guilty of that like Obi and u call it obsession?
Read the constitution, who's supposed to construct parks, cemeteries, streets, lighting of streets, are they doing it?
Why are they not doing it?
It's the governors that are at fauIt, Obi is one of them, today he is giving u quotes about hope for the people whereas he clearly gave none.
U know the improvement a functioning LG will give that society?
All Nigerians know is to blame FG, Benue State that Ortom is not paying salaries, they blame FG, Benue State that doñ't know the function of the house of assembly members they elect, blame FG.
Not until u know ur problems, u cañ't solve it.
The state government can effect development more than the FG in a particular environment, the number of roads that are responsibilities of Governors and LG in a state are way more than that of FG in that state, same as water provisions, same as sanitation, the list goes on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by doncmm: 11:19am On Dec 08, 2023
[quote author=Supremos post=127374512]More photos.

Cc OAM4J Nlfpmod Dominique Mynd44 Puskin FOD Mukina

E don red for average Nigerians wishing to Japa to Canada via study route.

$20,000 Canadian is roughly $16000 USD, and that's about #20,000,000 million Naira that's supposed to be in your Proof of fund, that's aside your tuition, travel itinerary and flight ticket. So you are looking at roughly #30,000,000

Dear Nigerian youths, if you have such amount of money, invest in agriculture and agro allied businesses.

Groom and grow your business for another 3-4years and I can assure you, you can go on vacation to Canada, US or UK now as a big boy

Strictly My opinion though.
I you have this money , you are definitely not going for job but on tourism]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by YesDaddyTill203: 11:19am On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
UK and Canada is tightening their immigration loose ends apparently because they have figured more Nigerians are willing to sell everything and Japa.

What % of Nigerian has such amount of money for traveling?. And if you have such amount, what are you traveling out for?.

I now understand what Peter Obi meant by governance is all about giving hope to the citizens.

Nigerians has totally lost hope in the entity called Nigeria.

Even Jj Omojuwa ran away to UK.

Zombi- dient left out the most important reality of the story: that cost of living has drastically increased in Canada. Even Canadians are sweating under their own current economic conditions. The reason for the cost increase is not to prevent immigration; rather it is to make sure that new students have enough to live in Canada since the cost of living in Canada has gone up exponentially just like in the rest of the world.
But you need one clueless lying pandora pathological liar Obi to tell you that before you believe it. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by nearline(m): 11:20am On Dec 08, 2023
BlueStripper:
At the end of the day, the world will feel the impact of their evil deeds in Africa.

You sanction African countries and impose economic embargos, yet expect them to remain in the land? That's thinking like a typical western bigot.

You spearhead warfare in Sahel Africa for arms export and exploitation of natural resources thereby causing unrest and economic instability. Still in your crazy minds, you expect the people to remain?

Someday, you will see mass migration from all corners. Africans will develop helium balloons just to fly and land in your backyards.

Someday, what you thought was an UFO will be a shipload of Africans coming over to wreck your "Beautiful Homes" .

Your Refugee camps will be overcrowded. Your law enforcement will be overwhelmed.
God forbid. Abeg no use style curse Africa. Africa go dey alright last last little by little. We no go need mass migrate.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Earthquakes: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2023
AbuTwins:
Raise your hustle here too or change your destination!

As for me na Nigeria I go make my millions without stealing or corruption!

Lol one day you understand it is not just about money, I was making 4k usd every month in Nigeria before I decided to migrate. The day you face kidnappers “just because they feel you doing better than them”, you will understand that making money is not the first to consider

2 Likes

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by nedekid: 11:26am On Dec 08, 2023
Coronavirus1:

You are right.But you forget the herdsmen who will enter your farm and destroy them in few seconds
Lolz, farming in naija is for old retired men doing it as a hobby.
In my early 30s, I did farming and it burnt my hands, almost turned me to an old man. My paddy that left his manageral level in a multinational to go into large scale farming, I did not know how to warn him let it not look as if na bad belle. Today, that guy despite investing billions, if you see him? He has aged 20 years! When ever he comes to town, he must spend few days in hospital, white hair all over and skinny. If not for his firearm, bros would have been dead. Twice all his Togo workers fled, yes Togo because Nigerians are scared of working there due to heardsmen attack so my paddy has to bring in novice togolease. When they too saw the danger, they japa! My guy sleeps in the bush at night, not the farm house, why, so he will not be ambushed! He changes spot every night.
Cost of diesel nko, to run farm equipment or transportation, which farmer can afford 1 liter at 1200,1300? What are you planting?
Go and read about that young great Yoruba guy, rotimi that had one of the biggest rice farms in naija, somewhere up north. He was the toast of the media few years ago.
It was sweet at thee beginning;
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2016/06/27/meet-the-36-year-old-entrepreneur-who-owns-nigerias-2nd-largest-rice-farm/?sh=73432c684dd6

7 years later, eye don clear. Imagine the debt this guy must be in.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-65728764

My bloda, plant in your backyard, farm for leisure, have some chicken in your garden or pen, grow some goats, pigs etc.
But to say you take loan, invest your capital, savings, pension etc into farming hoping to cashout or make a living? My brother, you are on your own, as Edo man will say "na die you de" lol.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by ednut1(m): 11:37am On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
More photos.

$20,000 Canadian is roughly $16000 USD, and that's about #20,000,000 million Naira that's supposed to be in your Proof of fund, that's aside your tuition, travel itinerary and flight ticket. So you are looking at roughly #30,000,000

Dear Nigerian youths, if you have such amount of money, invest in agriculture and agro allied businesses.

Groom and grow your business for another 3-4years and I can assure you, you can go on vacation to Canada, US or UK now as a big boy

show us your investment and farm?. Almost all the people i know doing poultry and farming have stopped after incurring huge losses. Abeg rest

2 Likes

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by SSpeter(m): 11:51am On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
More photos.

That's a lie and not true. I have invested over 27 million in Agriculture between 2019 till date and there is no year I have made 2millon profit after expenses. I mean 2 million in a year and you talking of vacation..

2 Likes

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Nauttyprof(m): 11:52am On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
UK and Canada is tightening their immigration loose ends apparently because they have figured more Nigerians are willing to sell everything and Japa.

What % of Nigerian has such amount of money for traveling?. And if you have such amount, what are you traveling out for?.

I now understand what Peter Obi meant by governance is all about giving hope to the citizens.

This is not the case here. Economic recession is affecting Canada and the Cost of living has increased. Since proof of funds is to show that you have sufficient funds to sustain yourself while in Canada, it is okay to increase this to reflect the economic situation. It has nothing to do with Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by emmydee(m): 11:53am On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:

With the current situation of your country, I will advise that you japa if you have that money!
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by SSpeter(m): 11:59am On Dec 08, 2023
Emma09:
Make I just get 20 to 30 Million first. Y I go JAPA when I get such amount? JAPA to where? Na to buy land, build and invest some in business that will grow. We die here!
with 40million you cannot buy land and build 4 blocks of flat in a good location

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:13pm On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
More photos.

Where will you have your so called agro allied?
Same Nigeria that farmers are being killed in their farm?

Abi na for Maitama u wan do d agro allied?

The insecurity in the country is the reason most people are running away from the country

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by ufotunang: 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
Nigerians, politcians fix your own country to be good and better and you will not be desperate to Japa for greener pastures abroad
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by ufotunang: 12:16pm On Dec 08, 2023
Abroad...some Western foreign countries things are getting hard over there...the cost of living is getting high and paying tax and bills over there
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Shantyken(m): 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
More photos.

Pls what line of agrobiz can one invest with such fund.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Error401: 12:20pm On Dec 08, 2023
You you know you can make such amount you are overhyping withing a couple of months in the UK or US? Do you know you can have citizenship as early as 3 years in Canada? Do you know you have job security and a chance for career growth? Do you know there is nothing like naira crush, outrageous inflation or insecurity? Do you know I dont need to worry about nepa and some imbeciles like you?
The needs are endless. If you cant afford it, dont discourage people who would risk everything to better their lifes
Supremos:

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Tohsynetita1: 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2023
nedekid:

Lolz, farming in naija is for old retired men doing it as a hobby.
In my early 30s, I did farming and it burnt my hands, almost turned me to an old man. My paddy that left his manageral level in a multinational to go into large scale farming, I did not know how to warn him let it not look as if na bad belle. Today, that guy despite investing billions, if you see him? He has aged 20 years! When ever he comes to town, he must spend few days in hospital, white hair all over and skinny. If not for his firearm, bros would have been dead. Twice all his Togo workers fled, yes Togo because Nigerians are scared of working there due to heardsmen attack so my paddy has to bring in novice togolease. When they too saw the danger, they japa! My guy sleeps in the bush at night, not the farm house, why, so he will not be ambushed! He changes spot every night.
Cost of diesel nko, to run farm equipment or transportation, which farmer can afford 1 liter at 1200,1300? What are you planting?
Go and read about that young great Yoruba guy, rotimi that had one of the biggest rice farms in naija, somewhere up north. He was the toast of the media few years ago.
It was sweet at thee beginning;
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2016/06/27/meet-the-36-year-old-entrepreneur-who-owns-nigerias-2nd-largest-rice-farm/?sh=73432c684dd6

7 years later, eye don clear. Imagine the debt this guy must be in.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-65728764

My bloda, plant in your backyard, farm for leisure, have some chicken in your garden or pen, grown some goats, pigs etc.
But to say you take loan, invest your capital, savings, pension etc into farming hoping to cashout or make a living? My brother, you are on your own, as edo man will say "na die you de" lol.

He can do less stressful farming now, no be all farming is stressful. Na him go for stressful one.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Ishilove: 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2023
A system that actually works. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by adecz: 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Japa to Western is slowly getting
out of reach..

This means you should be having a
capital outlay of close to N30m to enable
you Japa to Canada for even study.

If person get N30m in 9ja, wetin you
dey go Canada go study, when you won't
even have a great life, apart from working
and getting paid just enough to live a
reasonable, cold lonely life in a society
where things work. What is life if your
siblings, cousins, uncles aunties and
village people not around you to dey put you
for high jump❓

The only solution now is to fight our
politicians out of office or military should
intervene, eliminate the over corrupt
politicians to enable us reset & reformat
a new leadership system after 10 years.

Military may be corrupt, but not up to
10% of what politicians don take our eyes
see in 25years😐😐😐😐

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

2 Likes

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Supremos: 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
Error401:
You you know you can make such amount you are overhyping withing a couple of months in the UK or US? Do you know you can have citizenship as early as 3 years in Canada? Do you know you have job security and a chance for career growth? Do you know there is nothing like naira crush, outrageous inflation or insecurity? Do you know I dont need to worry about nepa and some imbeciles like you?
The needs are endless. If you cant afford it, dont discourage people who would risk everything to better their lifes
It's your father that's embecil.

I stated unequivocally for bastards like you,that my position is strictly my opinion, in other words, scoundrels like you can have different view and opinion without sounding idiotic.

You must be useless to think every reach man must have been made in UK, US or Canada.

Idiiot

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Supremos: 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2023
adecz:

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Japa to Western is slowly getting
out of reach..

This means you should be having a
capital outlay of close to N30 to enable
you Japa to Canada.

The only solution now is to fight our
politicians out of office or military should
intervene, eliminate the over corrupt
politicians to enable us reset & reformat
our leadership system.

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Exactly 💯

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by drhammed: 12:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
Things are changing super fast!

1) Quebec govt recently announced tuition hikes for out-of-province and international students in English schools in Quebec

2) Yesterday, IRCC announced a 2X increase in Proof of funds for International students

No one can predict what's going to happen in the coming months, but if I may advise-

A) Consider applying for Scholarships- if you have a high-ranking scholarship, you've solved >50% of the Canadian visa problem.

B) Consider applying to Universities with low tuition (& email Professors there). E.g., Memorial University. University of Manitoba also has a differential waiver for PhD programs (I.e., you pay as local students), and I think McMaster University does too.

C) Applying to colleges isn't the way to go now! They don't offer scholarships, so how do you intend to convince VO that it's worth spending >40k CAD for a one-year program, and you don't have the equivalent in your country? Purpose of visit!

D) Apply to college if you have low grades that won't qualify you for MSc admission (and tie your SOP to that direction). This way, the VO will be convinced of your intent to study in Canada.

E) Be strategic! This is not the time to do anyhow (in fact, a tweet by the Minister yesterday night hinted at this)! An advanced-level degree will likely increase your chances of getting a visa with how things are going!

F) Again, apply for scholarships— I can't stress this enough. E.g., Mastercard Scholarship, Mitacs, Vanier, Trudeau, among others.

Last but not least, DO IT YOURSELF and submit the correct documents. At this point, IRCC may be doing thorough reviews of applications, and any fake submission may lead to a 5-year ban.

As usual, I'll be posting more scholarship opportunities on my page, and I hope you find one that interests you.

N.B.- I'm not an immigration consultant or agent- I only share all I know about SCHOLARSHIPS and, specifically, Canada.

Good luck!

https:///drhammed/status/1733071551526830528?s=46
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by AfahaAbia(m): 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
Soi must have atleast 30m naira(inclusive of visa process and flight tickets)to move to Canada If I have that money I better move to Gambia with it and enjoy my life... Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Igbek76: 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
You have 20m naira and your Head is blocked? You want to give it away to a system that's likely to enslave you forever inside a terrifying cold? Some Nigerians have mental problems.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
spiSeyi:
The West keeps milking Africans I can't fathom how people who are well to sell their property to jakpa when most can't even boast of 15M savings within 2-3yrs of jakpa grin
And how many can boast of that amount through out their life in Nigeria?
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Advancedman(m): 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are You An ABUSITE? Welcome To Our Crib. / The Owner Of Dowen College Hasn’t Called Me Till Now - Sylvester's Father Speaks / Obafemi Awolowo University Direct Entry Thread For 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.