Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,925 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students (25349 Views)

Senate Insists On 16 Years As Requirement For Tertiary Institution Admission / JAMB Suspends National Identification Number (NIN) As Requirement For UTME 2020 / Lady Makes Canadian University Drop Its IELTS Requirement For Nigerian Applicant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by emmydee(m): 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
dunski:

This is the koko.
Still japa if you can.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by yahoodetector: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2023
Very good. I noticed that most of the Japaees are those ones who heralded the present Emilokan government.

They were mainly known to live in UK and now UK has tightened the noose on them and they have diverted to Canada.

Canada, please increase it from $10,000 to $100,000.

Ndiara

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Saidfx(m): 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
BabaAgba79:

It is red for every country of the world honestly! All around the world, countries and nations are not smiling! We are still enjoying in Nigeria honestly! No thanks to Bandits and terrorists who are chasing people out of their farm! If we are free of banditry, terrorism and kidnapping, Nigeria will be a safe haven! Everything is in Nigeria!

Russia, UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are exceptions. Most countries that are facing it now are the EU/Shengen countries. Any country that lives under the financial aid of the IMF and world bank will face it till kingdom come .
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Damian911: 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
BlueStripper:
At the end of the day, the world will feel the impact of their evil deeds in Africa.

You sanction African countries and impose economic embargos, yet expect them to remain in the land? That's thinking like a typical western bigot.

You spearhead warfare in Sahel Africa for arms export and exploitation of natural resources thereby causing unrest and economic instability. Still in your crazy minds, you expect the people to remain?

Someday, you will see mass migration from all corners. Africans will develop helium balloons just to fly and land in your backyards.

Someday, what you thought was an UFO will be a shipload of Africans coming over to wreck your "Beautiful Homes" .

Your Refugee camps will be overcrowded. Your law enforcement will be overwhelmed.
Wishful Thinking undecided
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Sevenworldpower(m): 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0qnix9FPX8

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-doubling-cost-of-living-requirement-for-international-students-1.6677987

No sane person should pay fees for msc or phd in foreign schools without scholarship or loans and reasonable source of income.

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by etrange: 2:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
UK and Canada is tightening their immigration loose ends apparently because they have figured more Nigerians are willing to sell everything and Japa.

What % of Nigerian has such amount of money for traveling?. And if you have such amount, what are you traveling out for?.

I now understand what Peter Obi meant by governance is all about giving hope to the citizens.

Nigerians has totally lost hope in the entity called Nigeria.

Even Jj Omojuwa ran away to UK.

Nigerians have a way of making everything about themselves. Nigeria is not in the top 3 immigrant countries in Canada, yet you somehow think Canadian immigration laws are made for Nigerians. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by spiSeyi: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
Lukepeter:

And how many can boast of that amount through out their life in Nigeria?
Dem plenty come to Ibadan and see business men selling electronics and accessories in Dugbe and Salvation Army, go to computer village and see for yourself, visit onitsha and see how men dey cash out cool
Money dey 9ja if you do your homework cool
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by okerekingsley90: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
More photos.

Cc OAM4J Nlfpmod Dominique Mynd44 Puskin FOD Mukina

E don red for average Nigerians wishing to Japa to Canada via study route.

$20,000 Canadian is roughly $16000 USD, and that's about #20,000,000 million Naira that's supposed to be in your Proof of fund, that's aside your tuition, travel itinerary and flight ticket. So you are looking at roughly #30,000,000

Dear Nigerian youths, if you have such amount of money, invest in agriculture and agro allied businesses.

Groom and grow your business for another 3-4years and I can assure you, you can go on vacation to Canada, US or UK now as a big boy

Strictly My opinion though.

No be lie my bro
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Rayd502(m): 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
GreatOchuks:
Small small we will get there , Isaac gave Esau just one blessing after Jacob his younger brother stole all his rightful blessings ,,, he said " You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. [/b]But when you grow restless, you will throw his yoke from off your neck.[b] "..

A time will come when the Black man , when Africans and Nigerians in particular will call themselves to order , stop looking for greener pastures abroad , say no to modern day slavery and over taxing in the cold ,,take the bull by the horn , hold the thieving Leaders to a standstill, demand a change with sweat and blood,,, fight for their rights like Gladiators on the sands of the arena and be ready to die for the cause .

A time we come when we will all be tired and say No to japaa ,,, No to bad leadership, No to tribal sentiments in Elections, no to vote buying, no to Electoral malpractices ,,, then and only then are we going to start getting it right and start learning how to crawl , walk , stand and run like the Western Countries, only then can we earn respect and share in the dividends of humanity....

A time is coming

A time will come but not in our life time brother...The situation is getting worse.We now have the most selfish leaders ever known to humanity running the affairs of our country.

No one has the interest of the suffering masses at heart. They are all there to amass wealth for their selves and their generation yet unborn.

I fear for the future of this country.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Komu1048(m): 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2023
Offpointng:

Why run when they should fight for their life and destiny

Bro, we need Unity to fight, so many seeds of division that won’t make us fight n if we do it won’t last

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by jrusky(m): 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
More photos.

$20,000 Canadian is roughly $16000 USD, and that's about #20,000,000 million Naira that's supposed to be in your Proof of fund, that's aside your tuition, travel itinerary and flight ticket. So you are looking at roughly #30,000,000

Dear Nigerian youths, if you have such amount of money, invest in agriculture and agro allied businesses.

Groom and grow your business for another 3-4years and I can assure you, you can go on vacation to Canada, US or UK now as a big boy

Bro don't advise them I beg you.

Oh ye Nigeria youths pls spend N50m to go to Togo or Albania pls it is good place.

Pls don't stop them, let them go, dem no dey telli pesin.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Omoawoke2(m): 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
More photos.

After school, they can get PR, they can get jobs in the range of 90k to 150k dollars.
It is tough while in school, but the return on investment is worth the investment.
The biggest investment anyone can make currently is investing to start earning in fx. And through school is still the most rewarding one.
Degree is permanent, you can use it for the rest of your life to always progress in careers
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Omoawoke2(m): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2023
BlueStripper:
At the end of the day, the world will feel the impact of their evil deeds in Africa.

You sanction African countries and impose economic embargos, yet expect them to remain in the land? That's thinking like a typical western bigot.

You spearhead warfare in Sahel Africa for arms export and exploitation of natural resources thereby causing unrest and economic instability. Still in your crazy minds, you expect the people to remain?

Someday, you will see mass migration from all corners. Africans will develop helium balloons just to fly and land in your backyards.

Someday, what you thought was an UFO will be a shipload of Africans coming over to wreck your "Beautiful Homes" .

Your Refugee camps will be overcrowded. Your law enforcement will be overwhelmed.

They destroyed africa, looted our resources, created generational wealth for their own kids while African kids are fighting to eat daily bread.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by planetx: 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by planetx: 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2023
BabaAgba79:

You see, you are right, but #30 million is nothing if you are married! If you have such money, get a student visa to USA, Canada, UK or Australia. It will pay off later. All the people that surround me that travelled to Australia, USA, UK and Canada are very ok than they were in Nigeria! I am telling the truth! Go and open a foreign account there, and be making ur money in hard currency! Later, u go dey come Naija come relax and flex. Na my plan be this! It pays off!
You are bloody liar, pay off my foot. Anyone that pays N30 million to get a student visa is a big compound fool. Which money are you going to be making as a student in the US, Canada and the UK to come and be flexing in Nigeria.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by raskymonojendor: 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
jaxxy:

Nope. I know Canadians who have moved to the US because it's far cheaper there and when they visit Canada complain bitterly about the rising costs.

This is not a global issue.
The US is battling inflation too. Even before pandemic, it has always been cheaper to live in the US than Canada.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by jaxxy(m): 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
raskymonojendor:

The US is battling inflation too.

then Canada is hyper inflation.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by planetx: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
Komu1048:

30mill is nothing? Man never see upto one million for akant n have been married with kids.

All this money that is nothing to you people is enough to change many lives ooo
That clown don't even have N1 million in his account, talking about 30 million is nothing. He will take the N30 million to go get a student visa and start coming back to the same Nigeria to flex lol.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by raskymonojendor: 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
jaxxy:

then Canada is hyper inflation.
Last time I checked, Canada has a little lower rate of inflation that the US. However, Canada has a smaller economy and fewer competition, hence price of goods and services are usually more expensive and taxes are higher too.

As at today:
US Inflation Rate is at 3.24%
Canada Inflation Rate is at 3.12%
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by raskymonojendor: 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
adecz:
πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬

Japa to Western is slowly getting
out of reach..

This means you should be having a
capital outlay of close to N30m to enable
you Japa to Canada for even study.

If person get N30m in 9ja, wetin you
dey go Canada go study, when you won't
even have a great life, apart from working
and getting paid just enough to live a
reasonable, cold lonely life in a society
where things work. What is life if your
siblings, cousins, uncles aunties and
village people not around you to dey put you
for high jump❓

The only solution now is to fight our
politicians out of office or military should
intervene, eliminate the over corrupt
politicians to enable us reset & reformat
a new leadership system after 10 years.

Military may be corrupt, but not up to
10% of what politicians don take our eyes
see in 25years😐😐😐😐

πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬
You would be suprised at how Nigerians are selling their multi million naira houses and properties to go and become an international student in the UK all because of the Japa-fever. Dem full YouTube well well telling people that may be interested in Japa-ing too how things work in the UK when they themselves have spent less than 2 weeks in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by jaxxy(m): 4:11pm On Dec 08, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Last time I checked, Canada has a little lower rate of inflation that the US. However, Canada has a smaller economy and fewer competition, hence price of goods and services are usually more expensive and taxes are higher too.

As at today:
US Inflation Rate is at 3.24%
Canada Inflation Rate is at 3.12%

Don't know about those figures or if inflation rate is what we should be using to compare here but cost of living in Canada or maybe prices certain sectors has seriously gone up.

I will have to do abit more research as to why and how.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Fearyourcreator: 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2023
Coronavirus1:

You are right.But you forget the herdsmen who will enter your farm and destroy them in few seconds
Una don start again... Carry your farm go where them no dey.na
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Fearyourcreator: 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
BabaAgba79:

You see, you are right, but #30 million is nothing if you are married! If you have such money, get a student visa to USA, Canada, UK or Australia. It will pay off later. All the people that surround me that travelled to Australia, USA, UK and Canada are very ok than they were in Nigeria! I am telling the truth! Go and open a foreign account there, and be making ur money in hard currency! Later, u go dey come Naija come relax and flex. Na my plan be this! It pays off!
All this no be for everybody... Might work for some and not some
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Supremos: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
etrange:

Nigerians have a way of making everything about themselves. Nigeria is not in the top 3 immigrant countries in Canada, yet you somehow think Canadian immigration laws are made for Nigerians. Lol.
Tell me somehow that I think Canadian immigration laws are made for Nigerians?.

You must be clout chasing.

I never implicitly opined that the new laws is for Nigerians?

I only pointed out the the challenges that people who are intending to move to Canada via the study route, are most likely to face
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by lagosrd: 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
More photos.

Don't try it in a dive nosing economy, may you not regret it in life

1 Like

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by etrange: 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
Supremos:
Tell me somehow that I think Canadian immigration laws are made for Nigerians?.

You must be clout chasing.

I never implicitly opined that the new laws is for Nigerians?

I only pointed out the the challenges that people who are intending to move to Canada via the study route, are most likely to face

Your comment:
"UK and Canada is tightening their immigration loose ends apparently because they have figured more Nigerians are willing to sell everything and Japa."

You explicitly stated that they are tightening thier immigration system because of Nigerians.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by raskymonojendor: 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
jaxxy:

Don't know about those figures or if inflation rate is what we should be using to compare here but cost of living in Canada or maybe prices certain sectors has seriously gone up.

I will have to do abit more research as to why and how.
You can certainly do your research.

Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by loswhite(m): 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
spiSeyi:
The West keeps milking Africans I can't fathom how people who are well to sell their property to jakpa when most can't even boast of 15M savings within 2-3yrs of jakpa grin
I don't understand why ppl can't respect other ppl decision. It is not your business so just focus on what concerns you and your family.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by jaxxy(m): 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
raskymonojendor:

You can certainly do your research.

This is not accurate. price isn't set by smaller population bt demand and supply.

There are also many other factors that affect price.
Re: Canada Raises Cost-Of-Living Requirement For International Students by Omoluabi16(m): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2023
BlueStripper:

They spearhead.. we implement their evil plans. It's simple. Is this an admission that they are a superior people? Unless we wake up, we will always be at their mercy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are You An ABUSITE? Welcome To Our Crib. / The Owner Of Dowen College Hasn’t Called Me Till Now - Sylvester's Father Speaks / LAUTECH Bans Students From Driving Cars On Campus (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.