Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too (23940 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe / Ireti Kingibe: Peter Obi Tweets False Info About Abuja Senate Seat, Deletes It / Senator Ireti Kingibe Presents Her Certificate Of Return To Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Newsmic: 8:23am On Dec 08, 2023
Senator Ireti Kingibe, the sole Labour Party member in the Nigerian Senate, has revealed that fixing Nigeria is proving more daunting than she initially anticipated.

Speaking on Arise TV, Kingibe said that even President Bola Tinubu, who won the recent election, is also shocked by the fact that the country is not as fixable as it appeared before their election.

Kingibe’s admission comes as the Labour Party continues to advocate for a new era of selfless leadership in Nigeria. The party’s rise to prominence stemmed largely from the widespread support for its presidential candidate, Peter Obi, who finished second in the election.

Recall that prior to the presidential election, Kingibe, while canvassing for support for the Labour Party, said that Peter Obi has what it takes to tackle Nigeria’s problems.
https://politicsnigeria.com/nigeria-is-not-fixable-as-i-thought-labour-party-senator-kingibe-admits-video/

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Newsmic: 8:24am On Dec 08, 2023
Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Ozommadu: 8:26am On Dec 08, 2023
Yeye dey smell

Where's Wole soyinka?? I refused to believe that such a learned man is a tribalist, it beats my imagination

He has refused to comment on the insecurity and mal administration of his tinubu brother...but if na OBI or Obidients matter him hairs go rise undecided

170 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Righthussle: 8:28am On Dec 08, 2023
Nigeria is not fixable but it is lootable. See your dirty mouth.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Alba3: 8:31am On Dec 08, 2023
Nigeria is one of the easiest countries to fix if there's political will.

Restructuring, true federalism and decentralisation.

It's simple as that but politicians are enjoying present looting, nepotism hiding in/under Abuja.

166 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by thorpido(m): 8:31am On Dec 08, 2023
Ozommadu:
Yeye dey smell

Where's Wole soyinka?? I refused to believe that such a learned man is a tribalist, it beats my imagination
He's a tribalist yet he was put in prison for supporting Easterners during the Civil war?

119 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Ozommadu: 8:38am On Dec 08, 2023
thorpido:
He's a tribalist yet he was put in prison for supporting Easterners during the Civil war?

Is that so? Is he a bigot then?

Why is he selectively blind to the mal administration of ebola government

63 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Ozommadu: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2023
Never4getU:

U're stupid as hell. Who else is more tribalistic in this country if not the useless area u emanate from( East).

When people start giving back with similar energy u're quick to call them tribalistic as if u're not even the worse compared.

Once Peter Obi was declared winner in Lagos ur stupid igbo folks gone haywire flooding all social media rewriting our history about how igbo forefathers discover Lagos and how it didn't belong to Yoruba or Awori but ur foolish self.

But soon the rest of yoruba sons and daughters who voted against their own in ur favor realized their mistake having hijacked their collective efforts for what they had thought was a shift from old the order but little did they know that igbo people aren't they type to align or draw an agreement with else one lose out completely.

You better go and die when u finally hug transfer at ur neighborhood.

Are you wailing now?

After occupying ojota in 2012 when fuel and inflation was minimum? You suddenly keep mute now fuel is #680, rice #48k?? Are you not deceitful??

85 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by SoNature(m): 9:21am On Dec 08, 2023
Alba3:
Nigeria is one of the easiest countries to fix if there's political will.

Restructuring, true federalism and decentralisation.

It's simple as that but politicians are enjoying present looting, nepotism hiding in/under Abuja.

That's not true. Nigeria is hard to govern because we don't have an ideology. In fact, the North and South shouldn't even be in one country because their views about life differ. A people are easier to manage if they share the same ideals. It's easier to criticise if you are on the outside.

However, I think most politicians come to fix the problem. When they see enormous problems they are expected to fix, they become overwhelmed. Jonathan developed grey hair few days in Aso Rock and Buhari said he nearly ran away.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Brendaniel: 9:36am On Dec 08, 2023
SoNature:

That's not true. Nigeria is hard to govern because we don't have an ideology. In fact, the North and South shouldn't even be in one country because their views about life differ. A people are easier to manage if they share the same ideals. It's easier to criticise if you are on the outside.

However, I think most politicians come to fix the problem. When they see enormous problems they are expected to fix, they become overwhelmed. Jonathan developed grey hair few days in Aso Rock and Buhari said he nearly ran away.

Then why not just divide the country, at least the Igbos have tried before and are still trying, is it that other tribes don't want progress?

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Beuberry(f): 9:50am On Dec 08, 2023
Nigeria is finished!
Me sef don reason am.
Too many lacunas to block.
Maybe a Rawling Effect but that ll be too bloody!

15 Likes

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by excanny: 9:50am On Dec 08, 2023
It is fixable when led by someone that is not an idiot.

17 Likes

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by SoNature(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2023
Brendaniel:

Then why not just divide the country, at least the Igbos have tried before and are still trying, is it that other tribes don't want progress?

The biggest beneficiaries of one Nigeria won't let that happen. To be clear, the biggest beneficiaries are the South West and Islamic North.

In the north, people are mostly agrarians. So, they don't directly benefit from the system. However, the the wealthy among them largely depend on politics and government appointments to get by. That's why they control a significant percentage of Niger Delta oil wells.

For the South West, Nigeria has made Lagos State one of the biggest economies in Africa. Now, the growth of Lagos is spilling over into neighbouring states, which is a win for the South West. When I saw Sunday Igboho calling for Oduduwa Republic, I just told myself that this one knows nothing.

Then, the Niger Delta states are the biggest losers. They feed the entire country and get nothing in return. If the resources of oil producing regions are left for them alone, they will be as rich as Qatar if properly managed. Oil-producing states are the reason Nigeria cannot be restructured because the fear is that they will be more powerful than the centre and that may lead to secession.

As for the South East, what the region has experienced is mostly being cut off from the centre and absence of federal presence. However, the region has also benefited from petrodollars. Although South East states have oil deposit, not as much as SS states. So, technically, the SE benefits from free money. To survive, Igbos are turning to education, sports, business/trades and travels. As for travel for greener pastures, that's why there's hardly anywhere you don't see an Igbo man.

65 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by tommy589(m): 10:11am On Dec 08, 2023
Interesting
Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Newsmic: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2023
nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by opamoses1: 10:32am On Dec 08, 2023
Elupee 76

2 Likes

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by TopBanter: 10:49am On Dec 08, 2023
Brendaniel:

Its impossible to divide the Country because some simply cannot survive on their own, for now, and they know it too.

Unfortunately, those who cannot survive on their own have the legislative clout to ensure the constitution is never changed, to facilitate the outright division of Nigeria, for the foreseeable future.

This is why some of us keep advocating for regional autonomy which, satisfactory to most, keeps Nigeria one but, crucially, gives regions the autonomy to chase success by departing the discredited 'one Nigeria' model of governance that means we all think and act according to the diktat of a clueless, greedy, self-serving and incompetent centre.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by MurderX: 11:02am On Dec 08, 2023
She said Nigeria is not as fixable as they thought.
Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by TopBanter: 11:14am On Dec 08, 2023
SoNature:

The biggest beneficiaries of one Nigeria won't let that happen. To be clear, the biggest beneficiaries are the South West and Islamic North.

In the north, people are mostly agrarians. So, they don't directly benefit from the system. However, the the wealthy among them largely depend on politics and government appointments to get by. That's why they control a significant percentage of Niger Delta oil wells.

For the South West, Nigeria has made Lagos State one of the biggest economies in Africa. Now, the growth of Lagos is spilling over into neighbouring states, which is a win for the South West. When I saw Sunday Igboho calling for Oduduwa Republic, I just told myself that this one knows nothing.

Then, the Niger Delta states are the biggest losers. They feed the entire country and get nothing in return. If the resources of oil producing regions are left for them alone, they will be as rich as Qatar if properly managed. Oil-producing states are the reason Nigeria cannot be restructured because the fear is that they will be more powerful than the centre and that may lead to secession.

As for the South East, what the region has experienced is mostly being cut off from the centre and absence of federal presence. However, the region has also benefited from petrodollars. Although South East states have oil deposit, not as much as SS states. So, technically, the SE benefits from free money. To survive, Igbos are turning to education, sports, business/trades and travels. As for travel for greener pastures, that's why there's hardly anywhere you don't see an Igbo man.

Clown. Never mention SW from your ignorant mouth again. When the Governors from whatever region you are from can lead by example to take the United and definitive stand for self-rule and regional autonomy all SW Governors did, regardless of Party affiliation, then you can talk.

Problem with most Nigerians, like you, is they love to talk duplicitously and decietfully based on their own opinion and biases rather than what reality on ground, such as is shown below, is telling us about every situation.

In this case, what is reality telling us per the question of who is really ready for self-rule and has championed the drive for it, beyond mere words and rhetorics, in the past decade.

When SW leaders, including many in the APC of Buhari, defied the government of the day, that of PMB, to bravely demand what is shown below, where were your own leaders?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by bdon123(m): 11:22am On Dec 08, 2023
Ozommadu:
Yeye dey smell

An average yoruba man is overly tribalistic.if u schooled in Lagos u will know this.Teacher go call u outsider to ur face.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Bobloco: 11:31am On Dec 08, 2023
Then what are we still doing as an entity

Let's balkanize this country

Biafra is already on it way to becoming a great nation

Oduduwa and Arewa can remain in their one and indivisible Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by TopBanter: 11:48am On Dec 08, 2023
Bobloco:

Dullard. Just show me , per real actions and not rhetoric and deceitful gaslighting you lot love engaging in, who has been the current undisputed champion of self-rule other than Yorubas.

You ignoramuses keep shouting Biafra up and down yet Igbo leaders, by their action, show they are the least willing to cede autonomy to other tiers of governance.

Even Northerners you mock are showing progress understanding the need to devolve power away from overpowerful centres everywhere.

Whereas you Igbos who remain the most retrogressive are also the most eager to shade others duplicitously when there is actually nada going on in ala Igbo to show seriousness about regional autonomy, restructuring, resource control etc. You guys are clowns 🤡.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by ConfidentialDoc: 11:59am On Dec 08, 2023
I agree

It's not easy looting a country blind and pretending to fix it at the same time
Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by SkullIMAM: 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
Same strategy.

Someone used this during Buhari time from and opposition.

If you wan decamp mama decamp no dey wine the failed nation

1 Like

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by bender79: 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
Ronu people have finally crippled the country through Buhari and the cocaine sniffer

2 Likes

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Racoon(m): 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
Guess they were all aware of the situation before they came on board government? A government of snatch it and run away with it has not basis to solve any provlem

2 Likes

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Bobloco: 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
TopBanter:

Dullard. Just show me , per real actions and not rhetoric and deceitful gaslighting you lot love engaging in, who has been the current undisputed champion of self-rule other than Yorubas.

You ignoramuses keep shouting Biafra up and down yet Igbo leaders, by their action, show they are the least willing to cede autonomy to other tiers of governance.

Even Northerners you mock are showing progress understand the need to devolve power away from overpowerful centres everywhere whereas you Igbos remain the most retrogressive yet also the most eager to shade others duplicitously when there is actually going on in ala Ignot o show seriousness about regional autonomy, restructuring, resource control etc. You guys are clowns 🤡.

Don't you want Biafra to go

7 Likes

Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by Kcfresh2103(m): 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2023
hmmm
Re: Ireti Kingibe: Nigeria Not Fixable As I Thought, I'm Sure Tinubu Is Shocked Too by ElSudani: 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2023
Bobloco:

There's not a single landlocked country amongst the 25 leading economies in the world....strange.
But I agree with you, let the Biafrans go.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

French, Italian Police Finger Nigerian Diplomats In Organ Sales / NYSC Forgery: PDP Kwara Candidate Atunwa Implicates Self In Submission To INEC / Seven Governors, Predecessors At War Over N872b ‘debts’ (names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.