Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

“I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe (41766 Views)

Wike Replies Senator Ireti Kingibe (Video) / Fubara Behind Kidnapping In Abuja To Force Wike’s Removal - Ikwerre Chairman / Senator Ireti Kingibe Presents Her Certificate Of Return To Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Kosisochukwu12: 8:41am On Mar 16
Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Nyesom Wike has told the FCT Senator Ireti Kingibe that he cannot be forced to become her friend.

Wike lambasted the Senator, accusing her of blackmailing him instead of communicating her problems through the proper channels or, better still, focusing on her oversight functions.

The former Rivers Governor stated this in an interview with journalists in Abuja, stating that the lawmaker is aggrieved because the Senate President snubbed her for the Senate Committee on FCT position.

His words: “I don’t want to be personal…she’s the Senator for FCT. She went around saying ‘oh, oh Wike is busy scraping roads…I should leave the roads till when the potholes come?

“Somebody wants to be your friend, and you say, ‘I don’t want to be your friend. Is it by force?’ The problem is that she wanted to be Chairman of the Senate Committee on FCT, and the Senate President said, ‘I’m not giving you’.

‘What are you going to supervise me? You cannot supervise me. What is her interest, and why must I see her? If I have a problem, I’ll go and see her. I don’t have a problem. Nobody can intimidate me. Look, I was a Minister before.

I became a governor of one of the most important states in Nigeria, and she thinks that the only way you can bring me is to go to Channels, TVC, saying the Minister is not carrying me along.

“I don’t have the back to carry. It’s not about blackmailing. Do the right thing. You know her problem? She ran for election with my friend Philip Aduda, and she sees me taking Philip everywhere instead of her being the Senator. Should I abandon my friend because he failed the election?”

Recall that Kingibe had accused Wike of carrying out anti-people policies in the Nigerian capital.
https://politicsnigeria.com/i-dont-want-to-be-your-friend-is-it-by-force-wike-replies-labour-party-female-senator-kingibe/

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Wawelexy(m): 8:42am On Mar 16
Wike na sharp alpha male... Baba is rejecting any form of manipulation...

Ned has changed their mindset now, it's either a fresh punany or nothing... Bad market for the evening newspaper grin

Ride on Wike, you dodged a bullet....

175 Likes 17 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Arobaga: 8:46am On Mar 16
If no be money why would anyone wants to be a friend of a loudspeaker

Man wey him mouth dey leak

194 Likes 17 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Stephen0mozzy: 8:47am On Mar 16
You can't but love how blunt this man is sha lmao. Baba say "Isit by force"

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by writetopoker: 8:49am On Mar 16
Wike is always sounding childish and always on a vendetta mission.
Wike said he is carrying one of his friends who failed the election around on official duty, but "doesn't have the back to carry FCT Senator an official senator of FCT around on official oversight jobs". It's well

Personally, I do not blame all these politicians, I blame the public, Nigerians and masses who tolerate all these charlatans.

When it is said that a community deserves the leader they get, but people do not understand that message. Some think the above is talking about past sins of the people, no nooo.
There's a book called "The Power of No", which means that once the public speaks up, we resist, revolt, turn on the heat or say "No". The leaders will either sit up or vacate the seat.

But in the Nigerian case, we are either interested in PDP, APC, APGA, LP, religion or ethnicity.

My people perish because of a lack of knowledge. Fella said it is suffering and smiling 😁.

Without the above Nigeria can never, I repeat can never work again QED

305 Likes 35 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Odin13: 8:49am On Mar 16
Na so Wike time just the phase out right in front of us..

This world get as e be...

Now he’s sucking on any thing just to be relevant..... .. Na those Yoruba people wey just the hype am.. when all is seeing a man going going go..n..

A big butterfly that think himself a bird... not knowing he’s feathers is being systematically plucked.. gently one One.

He needs the media to stay afloat.. just say he’s yet to understand that even the media is tired of his nuisance

Wetin I know

Wike for President 2027..

35 Likes 10 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Odin13: 8:53am On Mar 16
writetopoker:
Woke is always sounding childish and always on a vendetta mission.
Woke said he is carrying one of his friends who failed the election around on official duty, but "doesn't have the back to carry an official minister around on official jobs".

Personally, I do not blame all these politicians, I blame the public, Nigerians and masses who tolerate all charlatans.

Be straight..

Blame the Yoruba people that’s hyping .. all in effort to claim “” we the south south”

Yet years after years.. elections after elections

South south keep rejecting them.,

But why?

Since the days of awolowo.., with all disunity they’ve propagated against the east..

I really need answer.. why south keep rejecting Yoruba ..

23 Likes 9 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by JASONjnr(m): 8:55am On Mar 16
She wants to ride on her husband's influence....

Wike is a man and you want to control him?

You want to cut him off so you will be the one reporting to the president directly?

The only ministers position that gives the minister a real power is the FCT minister. The rest of the ministers are like governors..

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Depriest2020: 9:11am On Mar 16
Na Nigerian senators they abuse their office, they have degraded their offices that it no longer commands respect. Imagine ordinary appointed minister disrespecting and talking to an elected senator of the federal Republic of Nigeria, can such a thing happen in the US? Can't she summon Wike to the NASS? And why are her colleagues not protecting her? Nigeria is a mess.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by writetopoker: 9:15am On Mar 16
Depriest2020:
Na Nigerian senators they abuse their office, they have degraded their offices that it no longer commands respect. Imagine ordinary appointed minister disrespecting and talking to an elected senator of the federal Republic of Nigeria, can such a thing happen in the US? Can't she summon Wike to the NASS? And why are her colleagues not protecting her? Nigeria is a mess.

It appears that Wike often behaves in a childish manner and seems to have a personal vendetta against some people. 😒 Wike recently made a statement that he is willing to carry a friend around on official duty, even though this friend failed an election. However, he refused to provide the same assistance to the FCT official minister during official oversight jobs. It is quite concerning. 🤔

In my opinion, the public, Nigerians, and the masses are to blame for tolerating such behavior from politicians. 😔 It is often said that a community deserves the leader they get, but some people misunderstand this message. It means that once the public speaks up, resists, revolts, or turns up the heat, the leaders will either sit up or vacate the seat. 🔥

Unfortunately, in Nigeria, people are more interested in political parties such as PDP, APC, APGA, LP, religion, or ethnicity. 😞 We must remember that knowledge is power, and without it, Nigeria can never work again. As Fela Kuti said, it's suffering and smiling. 😁

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Raylight2(m): 9:15am On Mar 16

2 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Gbogbowa: 9:18am On Mar 16
Wike want Ireti to fail that is why is projecting Ajudua indirectly to the people so that in the next election they will vote his friend but they will all failed, Tinubu put him in Fct to come and do the dirty job he did in River but will be resisted. It will suprice you that Akpabio that have just one constituency collected much more money for constituency project than senator Ireti that have a whole FCT to care of APC is evil

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Justnation: 9:25am On Mar 16
This wike has no decorum, very crude and always wanting to be noticed.

It is very very unfortunate that these are the kind of characters governing Nigeria at this critical period in the 21st century.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by CannibalTorment: 9:28am On Mar 16
Hehehehehe, So Saints are trying to friends with criminals, what a life, but PDP and APC are criminals, Peter girigory Obi and his people are saints

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Ofunaofu: 9:29am On Mar 16
kestolove95:
Nobody wants to role with obituary people.. Very aggressive people

Ireti kingibe was a member of the APC up until 2022

26 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Jogs1900: 9:30am On Mar 16
Depriest2020:
It seems you don't understand.... Constitutionally, Wike is reporting to the president..Moreover,its possible shes not a member of senate committee on FCT..These are what Wike is using to check her.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Stanweezy(m): 9:33am On Mar 16
Wike get plans, assuming that woman should be PDP he would have carried her along, forget all this Philip is my friend thrash

6 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by TooMuchStuff: 9:33am On Mar 16
Wawelexy:
Ned has changed their mindset now, it's either a fresh punany or nothing... Bad market for the evening newspaper grin

You are a BAD BOY 👦.....!
In the very voice of Johnson Sulaiman

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by OneCandleAway(f): 9:36am On Mar 16
Wije just finds it hard to be accountable to someone. Else especially a woman. He thinks he is still a governor! Oga na minister you be. And you're passed uts even LP party member

If it was a man he won't talk like this.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by faceland: 9:40am On Mar 16
Uncle Wike shouldn't have caste her like this.

It is your money and influence she is looking for.

Know your real friends, don't be a Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Depriest2020: 9:41am On Mar 16
Jogs1900:

It seems you don't understand.... Constitutionally, Wike is reporting to the president..Moreover,it possible shes not be a member of senate committe on FCT..Those are what Wike are using to check her.
Even if she's not a member of committee on FCT, does that give Wike right to talk to her in that manner, like she's asking him out on a date. Wike should respect the office she occupies and not the woman. After all Wike went and bowed to her and her colleagues to confirm him as a minister.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by OneCandleAway(f): 9:45am On Mar 16
Jogs1900:

It seems you don't understand.... Constitutionally, Wike is reporting to the president..Moreover,it possible shes not be a member of senate committe on FCT..Those are what Wike are using to check her.

But how can the FCT Senator not be a member if senate committee on FCT? What type of dirty politics is that?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by faceland: 9:48am On Mar 16
Wawelexy:

It is politics and not bedroom. She is being crafty (allegedly).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by proff010: 9:48am On Mar 16
She want ozzaroom from you wike

1 Like

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Twoclans(f): 9:51am On Mar 16
Depriest2020:

You are absolutely correct.

Kingibe is popular with the grassroot people,she should focus on them and even grow that base more or else wike might rig her out in 2027.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Jogs1900: 10:07am On Mar 16
OneCandleAway:

But how can the FCT Senator not be a member if senate committee on FCT? What type of dirty politics is that?
It's not supposed to be Wikes fault.

1 Like

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Jogs1900: 10:11am On Mar 16
Depriest2020:

Even if she's not a member of committee on FCT, does that give Wike right to talk to her in that manner, like she's asking him out on a date. Wike should respect the office she occupies and not the woman. After all Wike went and bowed to her and her colleagues to confirm him as a minister.
That's their personal issues..Don't forget the woman went to the press first regarding this issue.Dirty politics is allowed in politics so far it's in your interest.Did you see what Pelosi did to Trump that year?Bro, it happens everywhere.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Beautifulday: 10:20am On Mar 16
Gbogbowa:
Wike want Ireti to fail that is why is projecting Ajudua indirectly to the people so that in the next election they will vote his friend but they will all failed, Tinubu put him in Fct to come and do the dirty job he did in River but will be resisted. It will suprice you that Akpabio that have just one constituency collected much more money for constituency project than senator Ireti that have a whole FCT to care of APC is evil

The problem is that the woman is foolish to think she can outgrow those who voted for her. That is why she is constantly romancing with the ruling party.

1 Like

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Beautifulday: 10:22am On Mar 16
Twoclans:

You are absolutely correct.

Kingibe is popular with the grassroot people,she should focus on them and even grow that base more or else wike might rig her out in 2027.

She is not popular anywhere. She just rode on the wave of labor party.

10 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Twoclans(f): 10:25am On Mar 16
Beautifulday:

She is not popular anywhere. She just rode on the wave of labor party.

You sha don't like her .

2 Likes

Re: “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe by Wawelexy(m): 10:26am On Mar 16
faceland:

It is politics and not bedroom. She is being crafty (allegedly).

Lol.... It's like you are a kid or maybe new to Nigeria politics... Go and ask about 'Better - Herdu' maybe you will understand what I'm talking about.

Wike already know her game plan and he countered it from afar...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces / Lai Mohammed Replies Goodluck Jonathan On Arms Deal Investigation / "I Am Here In Nigeria, My Beloved Obidients Come And Get Me" - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.