Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF (39768 Views)

Concerns As Buhari Government Passes On N46 Trillion Debts To Tinubu / FG’s Local Currency Debts To Hit ₦44 Trillion In 2022 / Akwa Ibom State Government Posts Highest Debts In State's History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by stormborn28(m): 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2023
Mirallas:

Even though I don't agree with most of your opinion about this adminstration, I respect them as they are well researched and rational. Good work sir

Nothing rational. The person you quote is a demon. He can do anything to save the face of APC...that statistics is just one debtor. What about China, ADF etc
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by stormborn28(m): 7:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
Tareq1105:

We need to forward it to Peter Giningori Obi LP and his rag tag soldiers.

Whether they like it or not, Nigeria economy would pick up under Tinubu by second quarter of 2024 as projected by IMF and World Bank to the glory of God and to the shame of haters.

APC miscreants... Bare face liars

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Dreamhighnow(m): 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
it's high time we need to locate this mofos on this platform and give them the beatings of their life...... the eediot himself can't even explain to us what and where are all these money going into.... and the goverment will keep quiet after borrowing,the only time we would hear from the government is when they are about to borrowand it goes on and on

This set of guys are worst than the devil. Even devil takes care of his own forces and pay them well

These evil apc miscreant don't mind if Nigerians dies and every desolate. Their 30k per month must come in and their entire life depends on it. What a shame. They don't care about the future of their children and generation unborn in this country

Life will happen to them one after the other. I put their case in the hand of the Almighty

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Omodua(m): 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Despite being the largest economy in Africa, we are barely indebted to IMF. This is impressive. I reckon this was the forex support we got from the IMF during the covid 19 pandemic but today our economy is in surplus and our GDP keeps increasing quarter on quarter.

Below is the current data on Nigerian economy, Q3, 2023 as shared by Statisense

✅Q3 2023 GDP growth rate at 2.54%.

✅The Oil Sector had it best growth in Q3 2023 since Q1 2020 when it grew by 5.06%.

✅Improved Oil Production capacity, achieving the best output in Sept at 1.390 mbpd.

✅Achieved Trade surplus of ₦1.89 trillion in Q3 2023 and ₦3.52 trillion in 9months, Exports > Imports.

✅Stock Market performance of +38.1% Year Till Date.

✅FG surpassed its Revenue target of ₦8.283 trillion as at Sept 2023, achieving ₦8.653 trillion, a 4.5% above expectation.

✅Effective tax collection with CIT at +121% of its target and VAT at +11% (2023).

#Statisense
(NBS, OPEC, Budget Office)

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1732148735746900053?t=GDJDpXxhrGJvUFgCmjN4lA&s=1

The naysayers, unpatriotic elements, criminal defamers, cyberbullies and liars will not see these milestones nor benefit from the progress we are making.

Ghana and Egypt no try at all. Ghana is particularly a very bad case given that 56% of her total debt were forgiven around 2002, it's today back in serious debt, economic quagmire and even unable to pay its debt. It's now offering to pay debt with gold and cocoa.

Nigeria is in great,steady, competent and patriotic hands. Dangote Refinery is to start production soon, dry season farming to ramp up our wheat, massive electricity projects on going, subsidy off, end to the use of our hard earned forex to defend a USD being overvalued by the street/unpatriotic speculators and a brilliant team headed by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu!

All the enemies of Nigeria ti keran and will lose las las. They always lose.God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

I am not checking your signature for free stuffs but I am enthralled by your brilliance. Your analysis is top notch which edifies your brilliance as Akokite known for competitive analysis.

I am not a fan of Tinubu but he made a good choice in employing you as one of his devotees. You're doing the job well by not bringing ethnic bigotry in most of your discourse.

Unlike others in the fold like Bayo Onanuga,the ethnic evanchist and avowed igbo hater, Yarimo, Seunmsg, Reno Omokri etc. You have shown brilliance even though your principal has not got what it takes to revamp the economy.

I guess you're close to Jagaban. What we need is true fiscal federalism. Just like what's obtained in UK. Made up of four federating units but fully autonomous and independent of the center. That arrangement is what could propel Nigeria to a greater height.

If he could do that, he would be eternally remembered and nobody will blink an eye to vote for him come 2027. There Will be less friction in the polity. See how Scotland, Wales, North Ireland and England are independent of the other!

Keep up the spirit!

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by iyke2frankeze: 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Despite being the largest economy in Africa, we are barely indebted to IMF. This is impressive. I reckon this was the forex support we got from the IMF during the covid 19 pandemic but today our economy is in surplus and our GDP keeps increasing quarter on quarter.

✅The Oil Sector had it best growth in Q3 2023 since Q1 2020 when it grew by 5.06%.

✅Improved Oil Production capacity, achieving the best output in Sept at 1.390 mbpd.

✅Achieved Trade surplus of ₦1.89 trillion in Q3 2023 and ₦3.52 trillion in 9months, Exports > Imports.

✅FG surpassed its Revenue target of ₦8.283 trillion as at Sept 2023, achieving ₦8.653 trillion, a 4.5% above expectation.

✅Effective tax collection with CIT at +121% of its target and VAT at +11% (2023).

#Statisense

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1732148735746900053?t=GDJDpXxhrGJvUFgCmjN4lA&s=1

The naysayers, unpatriotic elements, criminal defamers, cyberbullies and liars will not see these milestones nor benefit from the progress we are making.

Ghana and Egypt no try at all. Ghana is particularly a very bad case given that 56% of her total debt were forgiven around 2002, it's today back in serious debt, economic quagmire and even unable to pay its debt. It's now offering to pay debt with gold and cocoa.

Nigeria is in great,steady, competent and patriotic hands. Dangote Refinery is to start production soon, dry season farming to ramp up our wheat, massive electricity projects on going, subsidy off, end to the use of our hard earned forex to defend a USD being overvalued by the street/unpatriotic speculators and a brilliant team headed by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu!

All the enemies of Nigeria ti keran and will lose las las. They always lose.God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

China is the highest lender to Nigeria, not IMF.
How much is Nigeria owing China? How much are those countries owing China?
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Alpharey: 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
Olodos jostling for positions. The negative positions actually 🤣🤣🤣
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by clint77ng: 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
MEEVEET:

Are you sure you are ok? Like everything is fine

Was Nigeria not debt free in 2005 ?
You get time. Normal and sensible people don’t support APC. Can u see how he attacked Ghana when Nigeria had some debt relief few years ago but still ahead and amassed so much debt? The writer don’t even know that this is only IMF loan. What about other loans from other sources? Cbn just raised exchanged rate to N951 to $1 and the slowpoke is busy attacking those who don’t align with his political lining.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Lukuluku69(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
ShoeGetSize:
Are you calling Amina MOOhamad a liar?

Go get some Education about Debts and its Management in Nigeria.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by shonepa(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
Wetin i observe be say ppl just won use every little chance to rubbish Tinubu tenure.

Make we gather wisdom see say, na too find way build this country we need.

Most ppl wey dey criticize no even engage in govt, and dem dey expect miracle, how na?

If this kind mentality follow u reach 2024........its a disgrace.

U won chop and u no won do the work?

Make una gerout!!!
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by wemcy2(m): 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
9ja no Dey carry last
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by MuslimIgbo: 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
MEEVEET:

Are you sure you are ok? Like everything is fine

Was Nigeria not debt free in 2005 ?
You're not normal or okay at all.
What's the economy and population of Ghana to owe such huge debt?
It's very shameless and reckless.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by ozegidon(m): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
Sillymoderators:

You be olodo.... shame on you too for expecting hunger to vanish from the land like a magic, everything is gradual. What have you as person done to help the economy? You think everything is government? All you know is food!
MUMU, I have one of the biggest animal farm in my area.. even your brothers are working for me... If balablu like make him sleep there, I will never be hungry like you.. Ndi tuale!
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Advancedman(m): 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

#Statisense

Thunder 🔥 you
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by ozegidon(m): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
Sillymoderators:

You be olodo.... shame on you too for expecting hunger to vanish from the land like a magic, everything is gradual. What have you as person done to help the economy? You think everything is government? All you know is food!
*THE GOVERNMENT OF SQUANDER*

Shettima’s New House: N20.5BILLION
- 15B for a new house
- 2.5B Renovation of house in FCT
- 3B Renovation of house in Lagos

Gbajabjamila’s Share: N20.1 BILLION
- 10B to renovate house
- 10.1B for computer software

Senators Share: N57 BILLION
- To buy brand-new SUV’s

EFCC Share: N76 BILLION
- The intimidation job ahead.

Judiciary’s Share: N35 BILLION
- For a job well done.

First Lady’s Share: N6.5 BILLION
- 1.5B to get official vehicles
- N5b for renovation of the First Lady's office.

Student Loan For The Country: N5B
- You will have to get your 2 kidneys to get a share of it ooooo

*When Will Nigerians Say* *“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!”get sense small!
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

#Statisense

Add these to the IMF Debt. Onuku.

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by numericalguy(m): 9:46pm On Dec 08, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
If you're owing Mama Nkechi the sum of N50 and you're the least indebted person to her, but you're owing Mama Funmi N500,000, while your monthly salary is N17,000, does that change the fact that you're very much in debt?? In other words, if Nigeria is owing IMF less, but owing World Bank, China, France, etc - huge sums, does it make any difference??

If Peter Obi loses erection, does that mean all IPOB cannibals should be attacking Nigeria all the time?

If Peter Obi was disgraced at the presidential elections, does that mean all IPOB cannibals should hate Nigeria?

It Peter Obi can't rule Nigeria, does that mean all IPOB cannibals should create stupid comparison.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by ShoeGetSize: 10:27pm On Dec 08, 2023
It would be better for you if you apply your own advice to your life.

Nobody is saying that Nigeria was debt free during the Obasanjo/PDP era, but debt was much smaller and easier to bring under control.

Nigera's debt never exceeded $15 billion after 16 years of PDP rule.

But after just 8 years of APC rule from 2015 to 2023, Nigeria's debt is now $113 billion, nearly 6 times what it was after PDP rule.

Lukuluku69:

Go get some Education about Debts and its Management in Nigeria.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by cooooooks(m): 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2023
Plus Nigeria is owing Nigerian banks, Nigerians a boatload.
RenaissanceGuy:
If you're owing Mama Nkechi the sum of N50 and you're the least indebted person to her, but you're owing Mama Funmi N500,000, while your monthly salary is N17,000, does that change the fact that you're very much in debt?? In other words, if Nigeria is owing IMF less, but owing World Bank, China, France, etc - huge sums, does it make any difference??

1 Like

Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Lukuluku69(m): 10:42pm On Dec 08, 2023
ShoeGetSize:
It would be better for you if you apply your own advice to your life.

Nobody is saying that Nigeria was debt free during the Obasanjo/PDP era, but debt was much smaller and easier to bring under control.

Nigera's debt never exceeded $15 billion after 16 years of PDP rule.

But after just 8 years of APC rule from 2015 to 2023, Nigeria's debt is now $113 billion, nearly 6 times what it was after PDP rule.

Go back to the post I replied to. When, you locate it, read slowly. Then come back and tell me, I was wrong to write what I wrote.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by queen918: 10:51pm On Dec 08, 2023
Only God knows where we where in 2015Only God knows where we where in 2015...
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by rolams(m): 12:10am On Dec 09, 2023
Tareq1105:

Ask Google.

Meanwhile, I need to point to you that our indebtedness to China were for railway construction, and renovation of our Abuja and Lagos Airports.

I didn't ask for this pls! Did you explain what the money borrowed from the IMF was used for? No. I only want to see the list like this one.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Caseless: 2:10am On Dec 09, 2023

However, these loans if not managed or utilized properly could hurt an economy. Aside from the fact that debts owed in general can cause financial stress in any economy, as it represents an expense that the country must take responsibility for, IMF loans often come with stringent conditions, including austerity measures such as reducing public spending, cutting subsidies, and implementing tax increases.

While these measures are intended to address fiscal imbalances, they can lead to social unrest and adversely affect vulnerable populations. These complications can also seep into the country’s exchange rate, making local currencies weaker than they should be.

This is how they got us into this mess using IBB and his SAP.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Greatness09: 4:20am On Dec 09, 2023
Higherthan:
I'm very sure some bastardss are disappointed for not seeing Nigeria at no1, ppl from the sad East OSU republican

Damn!!! And you are happy that Nigeria is even in that list
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Oseone1: 5:21am On Dec 09, 2023
Okay, renewed the renew hope
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by kayusely70(m): 6:15am On Dec 09, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

#Statisense

Good news! Let's support the present regime to pull Nigeria out of economic suffocation.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by 113maduenu: 6:53am On Dec 09, 2023
Nigeria paid but Ghana and co were given forgiveness. Just read up nah and stop being aggressive, insolent and uncouth like the LP mob.Nigeria paid but Ghana and co were given forgiveness. Just read up nah and stop being aggressive, insolent and uncouth like the LP mob....
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Educhelssy: 6:55am On Dec 09, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

#Statisense

I pity you of all the people! How does this translate to our economic growth and on the common masses out there.. Don’t worry you’ll understand real economics and true state of things by next year if sustainable and development policies do not come into effect.. Gullible man, smh. It’s your kinds that keeps putting us in political chains every election cycle, ignorant human
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Sillymoderators: 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2023
ozegidon:
*THE GOVERNMENT OF SQUANDER*

Shettima’s New House: N20.5BILLION
- 15B for a new house
- 2.5B Renovation of house in FCT
- 3B Renovation of house in Lagos

Gbajabjamila’s Share: N20.1 BILLION
- 10B to renovate house
- 10.1B for computer software

Senators Share: N57 BILLION
- To buy brand-new SUV’s

EFCC Share: N76 BILLION
- The intimidation job ahead.

Judiciary’s Share: N35 BILLION
- For a job well done.

First Lady’s Share: N6.5 BILLION
- 1.5B to get official vehicles
- N5b for renovation of the First Lady's office.

Student Loan For The Country: N5B
- You will have to get your 2 kidneys to get a share of it ooooo

*When Will Nigerians Say* *“ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!”get sense small!
You senators in LP are also enjoying the largees.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Sillymoderators: 1:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
ozegidon:
MUMU, I have one of the biggest animal farm in my area.. even your brothers are working for me... If balablu like make him sleep there, I will never be hungry like you.. Ndi tuale!
Mugu... Oponu! Audio farm... person wey poverty don finish day talk of animal farm!
Glutton.
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Higherthan: 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
Greatness09:

Damn!!! And you are happy that Nigeria is even in that list
No I'm not but USA, China, Australia, India, Germany, england etc are on the list with the highest debts in record
Re: 10 African Countries With The Highest Debts To The IMF by Obierika(m): 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2023
How did Egypt manage to accumulate such a high debt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Speaks On Dino Melaye’s Recall / APC Chairman Oshiomhole Meets Galadima, R-APC Chairman (Photos) / Fayose Threatens The Unity of Nigeria - Presidency Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.