Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! (33595 Views)

I Cooked This Strange Food I Found On Jumia / The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked / See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Tonytonex(m): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2023
dominique:
Interesting grin. What you should have done is put the onions earlier on, onion actually makes beans soften faster. That style is how I cook my cow legs now since my pressure cooker is no longer pressure cookering. I boil the meat for about 30 minutes, leave it in hot water for hours or even overnight. By then it would have softened after which I boil again for another 20-30 minutes, dem no born am well make e no soft. Na to improvise sure pass with the way things are going in this country
what happened at the bolded, e spoiled ne?
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by armyofone(m): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2023
pocohantas:
Na fermentation method una dey use cook now? I am seeing soak everywhere.

It is well with Nigeria and Nigerians.

I wondered too.
Simple beans grandma use wood to cook daily. I know the crunch for time and no constant electricity to cook in bulk.
But no need to get your cooking beans fermented.
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by just2endowed: 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
We4all:

This is the first time I will hear that people cook soyabeans like beans. I am curious about the taste and will try it one of these days.

ready to cook for at least 3 hours or more.best bet is to get a pressure cooker,. soya beans strong die. but its very rich sha as you get filled up on time. Well i ate it a lot while growing up and its not as sweet as normal beans if u dont seasons it with fish and crayfish. hehehe, now its been decade i ate that stuff and i suddenly discover that its hard to find in open market unless u go to mile 12 market or very big market full of northerners.

try with 2 cup first.
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Tonytonex(m): 9:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
There is a more better and faster way than that.
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Bjteensdes24: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2023
We4all:

If you soak beans for long, it loses that fresh taste. That's my observation though.
Lol..maybe I didn’t notice but I’ve never felt the loss of taste anyways

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by ufotunang: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2023
GYBABA:

I'm very serious. I timed myself throughout the cooking process. Just 32 minutes.
.. what about the 1 hour break...you did not add it to the 32 minutes
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by kmaster007: 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
Forget beans get levels....
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2023
RepoMan007:
Inflation is stretching creativity.

You just dey mock me chief grin
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
Amigoss:
Op,you no soak the beans for 1hour fess,thereby reducing the time taken for it to cook in less than 10mins wink.....

Shallout to the legendary UniBen hall4 beans,beans wey dey get special aroma and sustain men in times of Sapa grin

That's exactly what I did in the write up na
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 10:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
cunny88:
Where is the picture of the cooked beans na

I don almost chop am finish ooo no vex. Na now I just dey come online. Been busy

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Go and get pressure pot... It's cheaper to use and cooks faster

A funny hack people don't use,

If you want fresh pounded yam.....

Cut your yam in small cubes

Cook your yam in a pressure pot to the best softness

Drain the water

Put it in a blender or food processor and blend

Take it out and allow to be cold for few minutes

Serve with your favorite soup

Not everyone has money for pressure pot. I am everyone 🙂
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Faithy04: 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
Beans should cook within just 30 or less
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2023
mukthar2000:
Mr beans you forgot to add the 1hour what happened?

Your beans is 1hout 32mint.

I meant the 32 minutes is the active time on fire.
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 10:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
reiddecuti:

How you want him take get pressure pot. You know read where he say country hard. grin grin grin

Tinubu economy... Las Las we all go get sense.

Why you dey mock me chief grin
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by JuanDeDios: 10:55pm On Dec 08, 2023
dominique:
Interesting grin. What you should have done is put the onions earlier on, onion actually makes beans soften faster. That style is how I cook my cow legs now since my pressure cooker is no longer pressure cookering. I boil the meat for about 30 minutes, leave it in hot water for hours or even overnight. By then it would have softened after which I boil again for another 20-30 minutes, dem no born am well make e no soft. Na to improvise sure pass with the way things are going in this country
You add salt and Maggi or just onions?
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by fijihems: 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
Necessity is the mother of invention.

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by pocohantas(f): 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2023
faithfull18:
A good pressure pot isn't cheap at the moment, this method should be for those who can't afford one plus adding onions and salt from the beginning helps soften the beans too.

Salt to beans from the beginning? Salt doesn't help soften anything o, not beans, not beef, not corn, not cowleg. It would in fact increase cooking time.

armyofone:

I wondered too.
Simple beans grandma use wood to cook daily. I know the crunch for time and no constant electricity to cook in bulk.
But no need to get your cooking beans fermented.

I am shocked that people soak beans to reduce cooking time. Can't taste right to me. But let's blame APC for this. 😩😩😩

3 Likes

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 11:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
NOwazobia:
Your method doesn't save your gas.

You cooked Beans at high flame gave you away as a poor gas manager

Beans required heat, not flame.

As long the beans has boiled, and the pot is heated, lower your gas and see the magic.

This only works in theory. When you practicalize it then it is not feasible. All other times I tried your method, it always passes one hour for the beans to get soft. Takes too long.
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 11:04pm On Dec 08, 2023
airsaylongcome:

The one hour soaking wasn't part of the cooking process?

The active time on fire is 32 minutes. I wasn't cooking within the 1 hour break.
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 11:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
Juliearth:

I am impressed that a male understands this logic. This has been my go-to approach for years. Saves up cooking time by over 50 percent.

It's no big deal. My mother made sure she taught me how to cook so whoever I marry won't use food do shakara for me. Regardless of gender, everyone should know how to cook. And yes! It definitely saves time.

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 11:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
Adewale1603:
Tinubu, it shall not be well with you o, since you resumed office, the total amount of mad people have increased. Lots of people are battleling depression, hunger and others and not mentally okay anymore due to the economic hardship caused by your various policies. No joy again in the country anymore. I wonder how this year Christmas go be

Haaa 😂 chairman na food section we dey ooo, no be politics section. See big big curse.
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by GYBABA(m): 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
FLYFIRE:
Sharp guy.....Raise a topic & advertise product with other own monikers grin grin grin
Guy, just come out & say please patronise me
grin grin grin

Definitely not what you think.
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by ogastone(m): 11:14pm On Dec 08, 2023
Beans doesn't take much time to cook. Read carefully and thank me later.
When you use good water, not hard water, beans will soft in less than 20 minutes. Example, direct zinc water, or untreated water, natural water, not bore hole water. Bore hole will harden the beans.
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Adewale1603(m): 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2023
GYBABA:

Haaa 😂 chairman na food section we dey ooo, no be politics section. See big big curse.
he deserves it nw. See what he has reduced Nigerians into. Number of Mad people have increased in the society, How can someone be cooking beans within 32 minutes ? People are no more normal, only very few people are normal right now in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Tito24: 12:08am On Dec 09, 2023
membranus:

Anything cooked with pressure cooker always taste rubbery in my mouth. I hate it, I don't allow my wife to use it.
I think it's in your head... As in psychological
Probably something that tasted rubbery was cooked with pressure pot for you before and you find it difficult forget.

Some people can't cook

Try to use it yourself and see how it turns out.😊
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Tito24: 12:09am On Dec 09, 2023
Christistruth00:

With pressure pot Beans can cook in 15 Minutes

Walahi bro! 😂
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by kkins25(m): 12:26am On Dec 09, 2023
dominique:

Never heard of that though I'm not comfortable adding stuff to soften meat. Some people say they throw in potash to soften it fast; others say they boil it with metals lole nails or screws. Anything apart from good ol boiling,y hands no dey.

Anecdotes, Anecdotes, Anecdotes!

The size of the pot, the surface area to volume ratio, the quantity of heat, the type of pot, are all factors that affect how fast the food wil done. If the pot is narrow, it'll take longer for heat from the bottom to travel up, hence, beans at the top are slowly cooked. If the pot is wider, heat is more evenly distributed, and cooking time is reduced. After all the science jargon, I could be wrong though. It's just my mind can't help but scrutinize, and I'm betting my 2 cents, I'm right.

hmmm...screws, metals? I doubt those have anything to do with cooking the food faster. It's just anecdotes.
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by mukthar2000(m): 1:47am On Dec 09, 2023
grin grin
countryman13:

No b today! How can we even differentiate d wise ones now wey we don entered one chance?
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by LeyeWrites: 2:03am On Dec 09, 2023
Just soak the beans in water a day prior.

It'll be done less than 20mins regardless of the measur

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by darealez(m): 2:17am On Dec 09, 2023
Pressure pot solves this thing bro.
Re: I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! by Ijaya123: 4:10am On Dec 09, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

Yes o.....a pressure cooker at low heat will finish beans in like 10 minutes.

20 minutes is a more realistic timeframe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat / My Healthy Chicken Curry Sauce With Vegetables (Pix) / Folashade Shoyonbo: Nigerian Wins Jollof Rice Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.