Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace (2341 Views)

All Passengers Robbed And Kidnapped By Gunmen In Rivers State. Photo / Men Kill Lady They Met On Facebook In Aba After Luring Her With N25k (Graphic) / Girl Who Was Kidnapped At A Party In Port-Harcourt, Found After 4 Years. Photo (2) (3) (4)

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by AfroBeatDiary: 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
So sad to read about this.

They can be tracked and arrested if the police care to but....
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by seborrhic: 11:11pm On Dec 08, 2023
I am curious.
After they emptied the account,they still drove you back to the junction where you boarded bus back to your base and they also gave you transport fare?
Someone wants to kidnap you,yet has his details on Jiji.They took you to a very remote place,just ruffled you up and withing minutes transaction involving a large sum had been sent.
So there was perfect network there in that remote location to make the transactions from wherever it was sent and you had people on standby to immediately transfer such large sums without them verifying if your story is true.Even if they confirmed it was you,no one bothered involving the police?
Even when rich people are kidnapped it takes some days before ransome money is paid.
The story is not making sense.
Sounding like someone wanting to do a bad PR job on Jiji.

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Crenzywilliams(m): 11:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
So sorry bru. It was a very terrible and traumatic experience.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 7:17am On Dec 09, 2023
seborrhic:
I am curious.
After they emptied the account,they still drove you back to the junction where you boarded bus back to your base and they also gave you transport fare?
Someone wants to kidnap you,yet has his details on Jiji.They took you to a very remote place,just ruffled you up and withing minutes transaction involving a large sum had been sent.
So there was perfect network there in that remote location to make the transactions from wherever it was sent and you had people on standby to immediately transfer such large sums without them verifying if your story is true.Even if they confirmed it was you,no one bothered involving the police?
Even when rich people are kidnapped it takes some days before ransome money is paid.
The story is not making sense.
Sounding like someone wanting to do a bad PR job on Jiji.
You are a terrible person ,I pray you don’t experience this man ,you are trying to sound intelligent but man I have never seen anyone as dumb as you

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by seborrhic: 7:38am On Dec 09, 2023
Staywithbina:

You are a terrible person ,I pray you don’t experience this man ,you are trying to sound intelligent but man I have never seen anyone as dumb as you
Yeah,yeah.The only other Nigerian curse you haven't placed on my head is for God to punish me.
Despite all the curses,you deflected from answering any of the questions I posed.At least answer the questions so that others would learn and have an idea of how your kidnappers operate.
Even the exact area this happened you haven't mentioned because if you were brought back from that deep village you must have asked people at the junction you were dropped where you are and narrated your experience.
You also didn't bother reporting to the police after.
I only asked basic questions and the next thing you did is start raining abuse and curses.

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 7:49am On Dec 09, 2023
seborrhic:

Yeah,yeah.The only other Nigerian curse you haven't placed on my head is for God to punish me.
Despite all the curses,you deflected from answering any of the questions I posed.At least answer the questions so that others would learn and have an idea of how your kidnappers operate.
Even the exact area this happened you haven't mentioned because if you were brought back from that deep village you must have asked people at the junction you were dropped where you are and narrated your experience.
You also didn't bother reporting to the police after.
I only asked basic questions and the next thing you did is start raining abuse and curses.
You are either terribly sick or something,Omo I don’t have your time ..keep yabbing
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by trueking: 10:43am On Dec 09, 2023
You failed to heed the warning on jiji they said you should always meet in a public place and do not pay for logistics for something you've not seen and so on but then you went off grid any deal taking you out of public view why not forego, instead you are here to blame jiji and palmpay for you errors
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2023
trueking:
You failed to heed the warning on jiji they said you should always meet in a public place and do not pay for logistics for something you've not seen and so on but then you went off grid any deal taking you out of public view why not forego, instead you are here to blame jiji and palmpay for you errors
Where in my message did I state to you that I met With them in a hidden place ,so meeting someone at a junction,a junction is not an open place ,and if you are supposed to do a job ,ain’t you supposed To visit the site for the job abi they will bring the site to the junction too ,sometimes i imagine how most persons reason and how their brain work ,my dear I didn’t post this to seek for sympathy or get my money back ,am only posting it so that others can read it ,other sensible hardworking Nigerians can read through my experience and not fall victim too,if you wanna sit there and explain to me why an establishment should not have a department that handle fraud cases emanating from their app ,then it’s okay ,all I care is to make sure this information gets to those persons who might fall victim of this,so keep calm
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by garriAndsugar: 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2023
I was expecting the OP to post the phone number of the kidnapper he met on JiJi
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by jamesversion: 2:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
Staywithbina:
Am writing this with a heavy heart and honestly won’t wish the experience I had for others but I have to really write this so that other persons won’t fall victim ,I got a call from someone who introduced himself as chief donatus and also told me he got my number from jiji and would want me to do some job for him at his site ,am a metallurgical and fabrications expert and I make gates rails and many other things ,usually when I get I call from someone from jiji ,I go back to the app to make sure IT’s actually from the app because they usually send notifications if someone views your number .I saw immediately that the call came actually from jiji because it was exactly at the same time ,I scheduled an appointment with him on when we were gonna meet and it was supposed to be on a Sunday ,I traveled to his location which is port harcourt and honestly something at the back of my mind was telling me that everything was not alright with this connection,on the Sunday we were supposed to meet ,we couldn’t meet and it was rescheduled to Tuesday,on Tuesday I came to the junction where he had asked me to stop ,called and he told me his boy will bring me to the site,as I was waiting at the junction ,a bike came and stopped by my side and asked me if I was the person for the job and I said yes ,he asked me to enter the bike so he can take me to the site ,now I have visited many sites in my life ,some of them are very much in a remote area and very interior ,so even when I was not comfortable with the location,I told myself I have been to places even worst than this ,we drove off to the said site and at some point i was uncomfortable,I asked the guy if we were not getting to the site yet and he answered me that it’s close already and it’s just the next village ,before I know the bike guy diverted in one lonely road and 4 other boys came out wearing mask and they blocked us and dragged me while I struggled with them ,they took me inside the bush and I was still struggling but they kept raining punches on me ,at first I thought it was hired killers or some sort ,they asked me to open my account and also asked me to call my loved ones ,I was realeased the next day after ransom was paid ,the money they paid ,I have never made from jiji all my life and not sure I will make it from jiji in the next 10 years and this is very sad ,they transferred those money to PalmPay accounts and PalmPay after being contacted by their customer care ain’t helping ,either is jiji ,i advice all of you to be very careful ,dont trust anybody no matter how much is involved ,let this be a lesson to others .and for the kidnappers,i hope you guys find repentance someday before it too late .peace out.to add ,the whole kidnap thing happened in etche lga rivers state ,in one of those thick bushes ,just be very careful and stay safe

Sorry I had to quote the whole of your post to tell you this, "Nobody in Rivers state goes to Etche for anything, except Etche Indigenes. That is the den of criminals, kidnappers, ritualists, organ harvesters et al. I am not saying those crimes are entirely carried out by Etche indigenes, but the perpetrators have found the Etche environment a safe and conducive area to carry out such evil".

Tell anyone you know to avoid Etche completely.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2023
jamesversion:

Sorry I had to quote the whole of your post to tell you this, "Nobody in Rivers state goes to Etche for anything, except Etche Indigenes. That is the den of criminals, kidnappers, ritualists, organ harvesters et al. I am not saying those crimes are entirely carried out by Etche indigenes, but the perpetrators have found the Etche environment a safe and conducive area to carry out such evil".

Tell anyone you know to avoid Etche completely.
Omo I have learnt my lesson in a bitter way ,most times the hustle plus courageous spirit in someone won’t let dem think even when it seems like things ain’t really straight,I had that feeling that everything wasn’t alright but I kept on with the excuse that I have been to more sites ,had more even scary sites that I have been to and it was a real and good business and that was why i didn’t bother but the money I lost in this wrong business won’t cover for the money I earned in those scary but good events ,hence forth I have learnt my lesson and there is going to be a change in policy this time .thanks
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by FixxNigeria23: 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2023
Reason I refuse to answer this werey till date

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2023
FixxNigeria23:
Reason I refuse to answer this werey till date
Good for you ,All this werey keep doing this to people and getting away with it on daily basis,it’s very sad
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by EbubeMiraclee: 11:07pm On Jan 06
Floky215:

Guy, involve the police and court and palmpay would behave.
Also copy your complaint letter to them to cbn fraud desk, efcc and icpc.

Good thing they took their payment through palmpay...that one is easy to collect back with enough interest sef..!!!

The palmpay account should have a bvn attached to the account number, if you are smart enough you would get your money back with interest.!!!

I have help in collecting money taken by yahoo boys in the past after like two weeks of taking the money so its not hear say, its what I have done myslef in the past and know its possible to do.
Good evening sir, I also need your help Sir please
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by NuclearWinter: 11:37pm On Jan 06
Staywithbina:
Am writing this with a heavy heart and honestly won’t wish the experience I had for others but I have to really write this so that other persons won’t fall victim ,I got a call from someone who introduced himself as chief donatus and also told me he got my number from jiji and would want me to do some job for him at his site ,am a metallurgical and fabrications expert and I make gates rails and many other things ,usually when I get I call from someone from jiji ,I go back to the app to make sure IT’s actually from the app because they usually send notifications if someone views your number .I saw immediately that the call came actually from jiji because it was exactly at the same time ,I scheduled an appointment with him on when we were gonna meet and it was supposed to be on a Sunday ,I traveled to his location which is port harcourt and honestly something at the back of my mind was telling me that everything was not alright with this connection,on the Sunday we were supposed to meet ,we couldn’t meet and it was rescheduled to Tuesday,on Tuesday I came to the junction where he had asked me to stop ,called and he told me his boy will bring me to the site,as I was waiting at the junction ,a bike came and stopped by my side and asked me if I was the person for the job and I said yes ,he asked me to enter the bike so he can take me to the site ,now I have visited many sites in my life ,some of them are very much in a remote area and very interior ,so even when I was not comfortable with the location,I told myself I have been to places even worst than this ,we drove off to the said site and at some point i was uncomfortable,I asked the guy if we were not getting to the site yet and he answered me that it’s close already and it’s just the next village ,before I know the bike guy diverted in one lonely road and 4 other boys came out wearing mask and they blocked us and dragged me while I struggled with them ,they took me inside the bush and I was still struggling but they kept raining punches on me ,at first I thought it was hired killers or some sort ,they asked me to open my account and also asked me to call my loved ones ,I was realeased the next day after ransom was paid ,the money they paid ,I have never made from jiji all my life and not sure I will make it from jiji in the next 10 years and this is very sad ,they transferred those money to PalmPay accounts and PalmPay after being contacted by their customer care ain’t helping ,either is jiji ,i advice all of you to be very careful ,dont trust anybody no matter how much is involved ,let this be a lesson to others .and for the kidnappers,i hope you guys find repentance someday before it too late .peace out.to add ,the whole kidnap thing happened in etche lga rivers state ,in one of those thick bushes ,just be very careful and stay safe

I read the same exact thing you posted about 3ys ago here on NL and the location was Owerri and not PH.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by adecz: 5:48am On Jan 07
Considering the Nigeria of today,
my opinion is that you were too careless
going so far to meet a stranger for work
in a strange location without informing
any of your acquaintances.

You are lucky they didn't kill you and
harvest your careless organs❗️❗️❗️😐😐😐

When Rap*ists Storm Girls School / Man Caught mas.t,urbating In Airplane / New Born Baby Dumped In River Washes Ashore.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65