Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace (2356 Views)

Rev Fr. Gbuzuo Was Kidnapped After He Was Listed Among Top 10 Richest In Nigeria / Men Kill Lady They Met On Facebook In Aba After Luring Her With N25k (Graphic) / Girl Who Was Kidnapped At A Party In Port-Harcourt, Found After 4 Years. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 3:27pm On Dec 08, 2023
Am writing this with a heavy heart and honestly won’t wish the experience I had for others but I have to really write this so that other persons won’t fall victim ,I got a call from someone who introduced himself as chief donatus and also told me he got my number from jiji and would want me to do some job for him at his site ,am a metallurgical and fabrications expert and I make gates rails and many other things ,usually when I get I call from someone from jiji ,I go back to the app to make sure IT’s actually from the app because they usually send notifications if someone views your number .I saw immediately that the call came actually from jiji because it was exactly at the same time ,I scheduled an appointment with him on when we were gonna meet and it was supposed to be on a Sunday ,I traveled to his location which is port harcourt and honestly something at the back of my mind was telling me that everything was not alright with this connection,on the Sunday we were supposed to meet ,we couldn’t meet and it was rescheduled to Tuesday,on Tuesday I came to the junction where he had asked me to stop ,called and he told me his boy will bring me to the site,as I was waiting at the junction ,a bike came and stopped by my side and asked me if I was the person for the job and I said yes ,he asked me to enter the bike so he can take me to the site ,now I have visited many sites in my life ,some of them are very much in a remote area and very interior ,so even when I was not comfortable with the location,I told myself I have been to places even worst than this ,we drove off to the said site and at some point i was uncomfortable,I asked the guy if we were not getting to the site yet and he answered me that it’s close already and it’s just the next village ,before I know the bike guy diverted in one lonely road and 4 other boys came out wearing mask and they blocked us and dragged me while I struggled with them ,they took me inside the bush and I was still struggling but they kept raining punches on me ,at first I thought it was hired killers or some sort ,they asked me to open my account and also asked me to call my loved ones ,I was realeased the next day after ransom was paid ,the money they paid ,I have never made from jiji all my life and not sure I will make it from jiji in the next 10 years and this is very sad ,they transferred those money to PalmPay accounts and PalmPay after being contacted by their customer care ain’t helping ,either is jiji ,i advice all of you to be very careful ,dont trust anybody no matter how much is involved ,let this be a lesson to others .and for the kidnappers,i hope you guys find repentance someday before it too late .peace out.to add ,the whole kidnap thing happened in etche lga rivers state ,in one of those thick bushes ,just be very careful and stay safe

20 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by azpekuliar: 3:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
I am so sorry you fell victim to kidnappers. Thankfully you were not slaughtered for your organs because I have heard some very chilling accounts from kidnap victims in this same Etche. They need to comb the forests there. For whatever it is worth still report this incidence to the police.

18 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Franzinni: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
That is why I so much hate the Nigerian psych... In developed nations they can find a person from a single finger print but in Nigeria they can't trace the movement of money with all the PhD holders in our financial sector... It's an unmistakable SHAME!!!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by budaatum: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
Staywithbina:

they transferred those money to PalmPay accounts and PalmPay after being contacted by their customer care ain’t helping ,either is jiji

Sorry for your plight.

What is police doing about this?

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by RepoMan007: 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
They transfered it to a virtual fintech palmpay with weak KYC. Maybe that's why they blocked them from getting deposits.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Boogyman557: 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
jjkk

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by scoobyblogspot(m): 4:07pm On Dec 08, 2023
So sorry to hear this

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Blake755: 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
Omg my prayers God as we dey find something to eat make wenti go eat us no see us cry cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2023
RepoMan007:
They transfered it to a virtual fintech palmpay with weak KYC. May that's why they blocked them from getting deposits.

To be kindly honest with you ,this trash virtual banks encourage crime ,all of them ,i use PalmPay myself but after this experience am going to stop using it ,this hoodlums patronize this virtual banks because they know they can comfortably do away with it and nobody will be held responsible,it’s terrible and to be honest ,there Is so much rise in kidnap cases this days ,it’s like normal business now ,no day passes without you hearing one person or the other has been kidnapped

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by UselessBuharist: 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2023
You be welder, that English is too much na . Thank God you are alive, money can be made but you cannot replace a life

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 4:31pm On Dec 08, 2023
UselessBuharist:
You be welder, that English is too much na
Oga there is difference between a welder and someone who’s MFE ,anybody who can weld two irons together is a welder

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by UselessBuharist: 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2023
Staywithbina:
Oga there is difference between a welder and someone who’s MFE ,anybody who can weld two irons together is a welder

Ok no wahala, so far na iron work….. Thank God for your life bro

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by online4business: 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
Elche of all place nai you go lose guard.

A den of crime, op thank your stars say the local government chairman that year chidi Lloyd stop organ harvesting.

If not you for see people dey prize to your liver, kidney and heart.

Tinubulation is comming it'll get uglier than omobabas face in January.

My heart goes out to anybody wey still need to go out there before him earn... The caveman way.

Thank you stars if na ashawo you dey nack go nack 3 with big behind. No worry I go pay.

If na drink small small oo buy drink one carton you know why.

You get luck few people make it alive in elche.

Just dey lavida senior man do am for you.

Everybody shine him eye oo the days are evil.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Karlifate: 5:49pm On Dec 08, 2023
shocked shocked

Sorry for your loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Karlifate: 5:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
UselessBuharist:
You be welder, that English is too much na . Thank God you are alive, money can be made but you cannot replace a life

Even if he's a welder.

Marketers are called Business Executives.

A welder can call himself a Fabrication Expert, if he deems fit. 😒

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by UselessBuharist: 5:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
Karlifate:

Even if he's a welder.

Marketers are called Business Executives.

A welder can call himself a Fabrication Expert, if he deems fit. 😒

Ok

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by SAMBARRY: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2023
Your Intuition was ringing alarm for you and warning you but you kept giving excuses.anyway thank God for delivering you from the wicked and unreasonable men and you escaped being one of the statistics of dead people this 2023.we glorify God for you

Anyway if something doesn't sit right with you please leave.no point trying to risk your life to figure it out.just leave.its better for you to be paranoid than for you to be in a den of psychopathic criminals wey no get mercy.

More worrisome is the fact that our society doesn't have effective security system talkless of justice system.if you die,you die throwaway because some of these politicians are those who sponsor these dare devils for their wicked enterprise so you rarely see where police caught kidnappers.even though they do but it's not always constant

8 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by ikeno(m): 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
So sorry for what you went through. Whenever you're going on such inspection of a job for the first, one or two persons should accompany you just to be on a safe side.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Namaster: 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2023
Very bad.

Here's some things you can do to protect yourself in the future:

1. NEVER allow a third party into your business transactions. ALWAYS insist on dealing directly with whoever wants to hire you. Internalise the fact that you are NOT an employee. You are self-employed. Set rules and insist on them. The rubbish about their "boys" picking you needs to stop TODAY.

2. ALWAYS take pictures of the vehicles that come to pick you up. Be very obvious about this. ALSO, be sure that the plate number and VINs are included in the pictures.

3. FORWARD the pictures to a relative/friend with a brief explanation of why you're doing so.

4. NEVER ignore your intuition. Intuition/gut is your subconscious picking up cues that you'd typically ignore. Your subconscious picked up the fact that something was amiss but you RATIONALIZED it away. NEVER do that again.

5. CONSIDER taking on an apprentice and have him come with you to sites.

BONUS POINT:

You should begin to insist that prospective clients give accurate description of their sites. Let them also provide pictures. You could chuck it up to needing it to help you assess the project.

Back to OPAY/PALMPAY, they are criminal enterprises. Anyone could open an unverified account with a fake name and use it for full transactions.

WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT THE KIDNAPPERS
If you have the money to spare, you could still do something about the kidnappers.

For example:

1. You have the number of "Chief Donatus" who called you from Jiji. That number is likely linked to an NIN. A court order would compel his service provider to release the details.

2. Same thing could be done about the OPAY/PALMPAY number used to receive the ransom.

3. Another court order could also compel OPAY/PALMPAY to reveal transactions carried out by the number used to collect the ransom. This will show where the money was transferred.

4. POST both numbers on Nairaland, Facebook and whatever social media you use. Share links to this thread too.

In a society that works, these things would have been done without you financing them. But this is Nigeria.

Finally, sorry about the trauma you went through.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Namaster: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
Franzinni:
That is why I so much hate the Nigerian psych... In developed nations they can find a person from a single finger print but in Nigeria they can't trace the movement of money with all the PhD holders in our financial sector... It's an unmistakable SHAME!!!

Nigeria is a sh.it show. Nothing works.

It's why successful, skilled professionals in Nigeria would gladly sell of their assets just to start from square one in a functioning society.

Japa is not all about hustle or whatever.

People also Japa to live in a society where they wouldn't be kidnapped and security agents would be looking like morons.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by VaginaAcademic: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
Before you can register as a jiji user it takes a very long process how come you couldn't trace them.
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Vecta5: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
You were told to come and stand at a junction and you went. In a place you don't know.

My dear, thank God for your life o.

You don't really know the magnitude of what you escaped.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Franzinni: 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
Namaster:

Nigeria is a sh.it show. Nothing works.

It's why successful, skilled professionals in Nigeria would gladly sell of their assets just to start from square one in a functioning society.

Japa is not all about hustle or whatever.

People also Japa to live in a society where they wouldn't be kidnapped and security agents would be looking like morons.
men japa on my mind like this ... Won't be shocked if we later find out they are deliberate with the way they are handling the affairs of this country, as a kind of mental conditioning like they did to black america today... Till we begin to embrace this life of hardship as a thing of pride .

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
Thanks ,am sure this will
The last time
I will be this vulnerable to anything,and I pray no one experiences this ,I just hope this message gets to their next victim so they can think twice about it ,I wish I saw many other similar details like mine on nairaland who fell victim,I wouldn’t have gone

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 7:20pm On Dec 08, 2023
VaginaAcademic:
Before you can register as a jiji user it takes a very long process how come you couldn't trace them.
When i spoke with jiji customer care ,they said it’s not possible unless there is a number on the account and there was no number on the account,probably the person registered it with gmail or something,my pain is that this companies don’t have departments that care for fraud or other related issues which they
Are supposed,how can you own an establishment that connects different people,unverified person from different parts of the world and you don’t think or feel you should have a department to handle cases of fraud ,they told me whatever happens to me as per meeting someone on jiji is my responsibility and they got nothing to do unles there is a number then they can block it and that’s all they can do,just imagine

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
Vecta5:
You were told to come and stand at a junction and you went. In a place you don't know.

My dear, thank God for your life o.

You don't really know the magnitude of what you escaped.

I thank God for my life,usually I visit sites that are worst than this ,I think this whole thing happened to teach me a lesson because am sure if it was the wrong persons I met ,I would have been long gone

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Govocrete: 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2023
I have escape this type on several occasions by God's grace. Must of those calls are from River State, Imo, Ebonyi, Oyo etc.

This is how I respond:

If you ask me to visit a site, I ask you for the exact address with the nearest landmark. If you tell me when you get to xyz bus stop, call me and I will send someone to pick you up. That is a red flag. With such response, I will never answer your calls again.

Another one is, when you call and ask me if I can handle a project (government, NGO or for a brother abroad). My response is simple, you mate have graduated from local scam and now gone international. With that, they will hangup immediately.

A lady suffered the same fate, the kidnapper credited her account with 10m naira as advise for a project in government House in River State. She was pickup upon arrival at the airport, took her to their hideout and empty her account and her family paid a raison of another 10million before she was released.

To all workmen, artisan, contractors, engineers etc. Please be careful and plan your moves. May God guide us all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by VaginaAcademic: 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2023
Staywithbina:

When i spoke with jiji customer care ,they said it’s not possible unless there is a number on the account and there was no number on the account,probably the person registered it with gmail or something,my pain is that this companies don’t have departments that care for fraud or other related issues which they
Are supposed,how can you own an establishment that connects different people,unverified person from different parts of the world and you don’t think or feel you should have a department to handle cases of fraud ,they told me whatever happens to me as per meeting someone on jiji is my responsibility and they got nothing to do unles there is a number then they can block it and that’s all they can do,just imagine
thats so sad I remember some years back a video of sars officers killing a gang of robbers who rob innocent people on jiji. Quite unfortunate thank God you came out alive.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Staywithbina: 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
VaginaAcademic:
thats so sad I remember some years back a video of sars officers killing a gang of robbers who rob innocent people on jiji. Quite unfortunate thank God you came out alive.
That was exactly how the almighty sumec firman generator was killed ,they saw an advert he posted online about a property he wanted to sell and kidnapped him ,he didn’t make it alive

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by Floky215: 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2023
Staywithbina:
Am writing this with a heavy heart and honestly won’t wish the experience I had for others but I have to really write this so that other persons won’t fall victim ,I got a call from someone who introduced himself as chief donatus and also told me he got my number from jiji and would want me to do some job for him at his site ,am a metallurgical and fabrications expert and I make gates rails and many other things ,usually when I get I call from someone from jiji ,I go back to the app to make sure IT’s actually from the app because they usually send notifications if someone views your number .I saw immediately that the call came actually from jiji because it was exactly at the same time ,I scheduled an appointment with him on when we were gonna meet and it was supposed to be on a Sunday ,I traveled to his location which is port harcourt and honestly something at the back of my mind was telling me that everything was not alright with this connection,on the Sunday we were supposed to meet ,we couldn’t meet and it was rescheduled to Tuesday,on Tuesday I came to the junction where he had asked me to stop ,called and he told me his boy will bring me to the site,as I was waiting at the junction ,a bike came and stopped by my side and asked me if I was the person for the job and I said yes ,he asked me to enter the bike so he can take me to the site ,now I have visited many sites in my life ,some of them are very much in a remote area and very interior ,so even when I was not comfortable with the location,I told myself I have been to places even worst than this ,we drove off to the said site and at some point i was uncomfortable,I asked the guy if we were not getting to the site yet and he answered me that it’s close already and it’s just the next village ,before I know the bike guy diverted in one lonely road and 4 other boys came out wearing mask and they blocked us and dragged me while I struggled with them ,they took me inside the bush and I was still struggling but they kept raining punches on me ,at first I thought it was hired killers or some sort ,they asked me to open my account and also asked me to call my loved ones ,I was realeased the next day after ransom was paid ,the money they paid ,I have never made from jiji all my life and not sure I will make it from jiji in the next 10 years and this is very sad ,they transferred those money to PalmPay accounts and PalmPay after being contacted by their customer care ain’t helping ,either is jiji ,i advice all of you to be very careful ,dont trust anybody no matter how much is involved ,let this be a lesson to others .and for the kidnappers,i hope you guys find repentance someday before it too late .peace out.to add ,the whole kidnap thing happened in etche lga rivers state ,in one of those thick bushes ,just be very careful and stay safe

Guy, involve the police and court and palmpay would behave.
Also copy your complaint letter to them to cbn fraud desk, efcc and icpc.

Good thing they took their payment through palmpay...that one is easy to collect back with enough interest sef..!!!

The palmpay account should have a bvn attached to the account number, if you are smart enough you would get your money back with interest.!!!

I have help in collecting money taken by yahoo boys in the past after like two weeks of taking the money so its not hear say, its what I have done myslef in the past and know its possible to do.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by VaginaAcademic: 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
shocked sad cry
Staywithbina:

That was exactly how the almighty sumec firman generator was killed ,they saw an advert he posted online about a property he wanted to sell and kidnapped him ,he didn’t make it alive
Re: How I Was Kidnapped By A Someone I Met On Jiji Online Marketplace by 22o62021: 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2023
Well ThankGod for your life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lawyer Stabs Husband To Death In Ibadan [PHOTOS] / Leaked Conversation Of Sanwo-olu Confirm Bonny Camp Soldiers As Killer Of Lekki / Chidimma Will Not Die: I Can Defend Her And Get Her Sentence Reduced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.