Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? (19015 Views)

Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget / Reno Omokri Compares Nigeria To Ghana Over Abduction / Bloomberg Compares Nigeria 2014 And 2018-hard Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by Munzy14(m): 8:53am On Dec 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Only a fool will continue listening to the million lies per second coming out of this lying machine.
Spambot...🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by dbestcno(m): 8:53am On Dec 09, 2023
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by SmartyPants(m): 8:54am On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

We have a debt that is twice our national budget, and yet govenrment is oversponsoring delegates, and also paying for the new cars for assemblypeople.

Oga, Nigeria does not have the money for jamborees. Minute we wake up to that, the better.

I agree with you actually.
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by SmartyPants(m): 8:55am On Dec 09, 2023
hedonido:

Don't be stupid. What is Nigeria's strategic interest in climate change that warrants this unreasonably high number of "total delegates coming from your country"? Even the ones supposedly sponsored by government, for what purpose exactly? When the country's economy is bleeding?

Continue being clever by half and justifying rubbish.

What is Nigeria's strategic interest in climate change as a major oil-producing country?

Please get out of here. You're way out of your depth and you have no idea.
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by SuccessfulRichi: 8:58am On Dec 09, 2023
Nigeria is going down whether the devil like it or not. Too much tribalism and political hatred for each other. Corruption at its peak. 133m people living in abject poverty. e clear.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by SmartyPants(m): 8:58am On Dec 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

422 delegates that costed Nigeria 3 billion naira, you guys are very funny, how much did FG share to each state as palliative which the states are expepected to pay back - 4 billion naira for each state with an average population of 10 million people per state since Tinubu assumed office.....

What does any of this have to do with my post? Did I say it is justifiable? i said the analysis in comparing Nigeria with China doesn't make sense! The number sponsored is clearly on the high side for a struggling country but what does that have to do with the point I was making, which is simply that the analysis is inaccurate??
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by firearcher: 8:59am On Dec 09, 2023
Tired of listening to statistics.
Been in numerous workshops and seminars over the years so I tell you Nigeria is not short of analysts who sabi analyse.

What we lack are people who will always do the right for the benefits of all
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by numericalguy(m): 9:01am On Dec 09, 2023
The Pandora criminal called Obi will fall sick if he does not lie in a day
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by jrusky(m): 9:02am On Dec 09, 2023
Norsemann:
Obi is always correct

Unlike the staggering cocaine sniffing dog in aso rock

Your sorry and weeping just started. You will cry and sorrowful for the next 8 years with no one to console you. If obi like let him become a Professor of Jargons Statistics he will never rule Nigeria in his lifetime so better cry more as much as you can now.

The damb statistics he used to deceived the Anambrans and left the state in ruined till obiano came for a rescue all what the motherfucker obi could achieved was to save few billion in govt cover and left the state was in slum state, saving billion with hungry stomach is that not stupidity?

I repeat your sorrow and weeping just started, una never seen anything yet.

Cry more biko....onye izuzu ndiala.
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by Brendaniel: 9:03am On Dec 09, 2023
SmartyPants:

What does any of this have to do with my post? Did I say it is justifiable? i said the analysis in comparing Nigeria with China doesn't make sense! The number sponsored is clearly on the high side for a struggling country but what does that have to do with the point I was making, which is simply that the analysis is inaccurate??

Your justification for carrying 422 people is my concern...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:05am On Dec 09, 2023
All complaints and negative stat binging with no solutions to proffer.

Politicians would rather see Nigeria burn than lend a hand for as long as they don’t have their way. This isn’t patriotism

Give them power now they’ll start making excuses

These I have seen over and over again

###
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by Yankiss(m): 9:05am On Dec 09, 2023
ChristCee:

Werey read the post. [/b]Half your life problems will be solved if you learn to read.[b] grin grin grin No be everything be tribalism. #proudlyYoruba. But we must all condemn the sad situation in our national politics and economy right now.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by SmartyPants(m): 9:06am On Dec 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

Your justification for carrying 422 people is my concern...

Show me the justification sir...
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by tsdarkside(m): 9:06am On Dec 09, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Are you educated at all? You people don't go through the body of a post ni? undecided

nope....surely not from obi....

as soon as we see obi written their we already know he is pullin stats out of his arse....
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by azpekuliar: 9:08am On Dec 09, 2023
Claim 4 is crying shame if you really look at it.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:09am On Dec 09, 2023
ChristCee:

Werey read the post. Half your life problems will be solved if you learn to read. No be everything be tribalism. #proudlyYoruba. But we must all condemn the sad situation in our national politics and economy right now.

👍👍.

Most YORUBAS are smart and Reason well.🙂

I suspect it's the Razak, Sodiq, Kazeem and Lateef group that supports NONSENSE all the time.😏🙁🙁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by phemray(m): 9:10am On Dec 09, 2023
ChristCee:

Werey read the post. Half your life problems will be solved if you learn to read. No be everything be tribalism. #proudlyYoruba. But we must all condemn the sad situation in our national politics and economy right now.

Obi only talks and did nothing but jagaban didn't talk much but full of actions. Anybody can say what obi is saying cos it's on net but not everyone has vission like Tinubu. Nigeria surfers cos we lack leaders with vission over the decades.
We need one this time. Not a talker.
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by GEEBITE: 9:11am On Dec 09, 2023
Even when the fact checker gave him about 90percent accuracy. Take it easy with secreting bile o.
LeoDeKing:
Only a fool will continue listening to the million lies per second coming out of this lying machine.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by Brendaniel: 9:11am On Dec 09, 2023
SmartyPants:

Show me the justification sir...

It's a shame people have refused to understand that 1411 delegates means the total number coming from your country, not the total number sponsored by your government.

Our government sent 422 or so delegates so let's do the comparison right, by comparing that with China's total government sponsored delegates.

where in the statement above did you criticize the number of delegates instead you even mocked the people criticizing the number and I remembered you that it costed us 3 billion for the 422 people, so what are you trying to defend here?
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by Kukutente23: 9:12am On Dec 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

422 delegates that costed Nigeria 3 billion naira, you guys are very funny, how much did FG share to each state as palliative which the states are expepected to pay back - 4 billion naira for each state with an average population of 10 million people per state since Tinubu assumed office.....
States eventually got only 2bn out of the 5bn just life the wage award that only one month had been paid out of 3 so far
Tinubu is running a scam of a govt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by Davidmaiye: 9:12am On Dec 09, 2023
Addme:

https://www.thecable.ng/fact-check-obi-compares-nigerias-budget-poverty-rate-to-chinas-is-he-correct/amp

REASONS WHY WE ARE BROKE

President Tinubu, Shettima To Spend N10billion On Trips In 2024, N200milion To Feed Aso Rock Animals
FILE
December 6, 2023
NEWS
The N27.5trillion budget proposal is still being examined by the National Assembly.

The 2024 Nigerian budget proposal has shown that President Bola Tinubu and his Vice, Kashim Shettima would spend N10.13billion on meals and travels.

The N27.5trillion budget proposal is still being examined by the National Assembly.

According to the budget proposal, Tinubu will spend N638.5m on local trips and N6.9 billion on foreign trips, totaling N7.6 billion.

Shettima’s travels will gulp N1.8 billion out of which N618.4 million is for local journeys and N1.2 billion for international trips.

Feeding, titled ‘refreshment & meal and foodstuff for the offices of Tinubu and Shettima’ was allocated N660.5m. Of this amount, N287.8 million is for the president’s office and N372.6 million for the VP’s office.

Further breakdown of the budget proposal shows that refreshments and meals for the president will gulp N33.6 million and another N254.2 million for foodstuff/catering materials supplies.

The vice president will spend N35 million on refreshments/meals and N337.5 million on foodstuff/catering materials supplies.

The fiscal document also shows that the feeding of the animals at the Aso Rock’s zoo, tagged “wildlife conservation”, will gulp N201.4 million.

The renovation of the president and vice president’s quarters at the State House will gulp N800 million: N500 million for Tinubu and N300 million for Shettima.

In the 2023 supplementary budget approved last month, the Presidency voted N13.5 billion to renovate President Bola Tinubu and Vice President Kassim Shettima’s official residences in Lagos and Abuja.

The approved expenditure was part of the N28 billion voted for State House in the N2.176trn supplementary budget.

The breakdown showed that N4 billion will be spent for the renovation of residential quarters for Mr President; renovation of Aguda House to gulp N2.5 billion; renovation of Dodan Barracks, the official residence of Mr President in Lagos, N4 billion and renovation of official quarters of vice president in Lagos N3bn, totally N13.5 billion.

In the 2024 budget proposal, honorarium and sitting allowance for the president and his vice were pegged at N152.3 million and N67.3 million respectively.

Powering of generators in the State House will cost N37.9 million while N260.8 million is earmarked for electricity charges.

Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by Kukutente23: 9:14am On Dec 09, 2023
SmartyPants:
It's a shame people have refused to understand that 1411 delegates means the total number coming from your country, not the total number sponsored by your government.

Our government sent 422 or so delegates so let's do the comparison right, by comparing that with China's total government-sponsored delegates. Not that that would justify the figure, but if we're going to do an analysis, let's do it right.

It is also weird for Obi to make such statements knowing fully well that his party is represented by Joe Ajaero and his team. You are taking part in the thing you are criticizing so why should anyone listen to you?

Anyway, it's good to see Mr Obi is back to his stat cramming cheesy I thought he had stopped.
Ajaero is representing NLC not Labour Party
So much for asking people to do right while you lie through your nose
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2023
Realist777:

Look at how you insult a sitting President of your country

Were Yaradua, Jonathan or Obasanjo DRUGGIES?😏

Did they FORGE their Certificate?😒

So, he is Right.

Ebola tinubu is a MISFIT as president. 😕🙁😕
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by SmartyPants(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2023
Kukutente23:

Ajaero is representing NLC not Labour Party
So much for asking people to do right while you lie through your nose

So you don't know that NLC is the parent body of the Labour Party?? Interesting people in this country.
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by Kukutente23: 9:18am On Dec 09, 2023
epainos:
I will repeat "again and again" that I do not see Obi as a gift. He is a noise maker. Obi has only compared data...period!

What should he have done? Yes, the starting point is the comparison of data to show there are problems, But beyond identifying the problems, what are the possible solutions?

Also, Obi has not for a single day tried to understand what this administration is doing, but blindly criticizing everything without suggesting any solution. I am not a fan of this administration, to be honest, and I still do not see it coming out successfully, though, I used to see Jagaban as a resourceful guy. But after the revelation of his dark side, I don't respect him anymore.

If I was Obi, I would criticise or praise the solutions they are presently trying out. But is Obi doing this? Nope. He is only showing us there are problems cos of some figures he has identified. Does this give me the assurance he can fix Nigeria? Absolutely not. I am even more scared he is only beating the drum very noisily like Gen Dullard Buhari who didn't know the solution but got people who gave him Jonathan's administration shortcomings.

Obi needs to do better.

Lastly...the single factor we need to take into consideration is the effect of the multi-ethnic groups that are blindly tribalistic on the nation. Does China have this? What could have been the effect on China if it was there? Hmmmmm! This factor we want to cover up. And I repeat that this is the main factor that has been feeding corruption. This tribalism factor is the single factor I have identified as the reason corruption cannot be defeated. And is there any nation presently in the world having the same issue as Nigeria? Please, if you know, kindly tell me ....and let us analyse the nation also.

If Nigeria must be progressive, we need to tackle tribalism so we can reduce corruption drastically. No policy can work amid corruption. So, let us get rid of the source of energy of corruption first. Any policy anyone is bringing won't work as long as we cannot arrest corruption. EFCC, ICPC, and many other solutions have failed. And the reason is that we have not yet addressed tribalism.

If you ask me, I think Nigeria cannot address tribalism because this issue is too deep. So, the one solution I have is splitting Nigeria. Nigeria seems to be a nation destined to fail. Please, if you have a solution apart from my idea, bring it on board.

Thank you!
APC brought tribalism into our politics
Besides, corruption is beyond tribe. Politicians must hide under tribe when they are called out for corruption.
Lastly, Obi is doing the job of opposition which is to criticize. The present govt's agenda is totally narrow: FDI and in fairness to Obi he has spoken about it.
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by SmartyPants(m): 9:18am On Dec 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

where in the statement above did you criticize the number of delegates instead you even mocked the people criticizing the number and I remembered you that it costed us 3 billion for the 422 people, so what are you trying to defend here?

You went to my post and cropped out the part you didn't like, which is highlighted below, and came back asking stupid questions.

Not that that would justify the figure, but if we're going to do an analysis, let's do it right.

I try to approach these discussions believing we are all interested in the good of Nigeria or at least, of Nigerians, but perhaps we have different ways of seeing things. But you're actually a deceitful person. I am genuinely disappointed you had to resort to such a lack of integrity.
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by Kukutente23: 9:19am On Dec 09, 2023
SmartyPants:

So you don't know that NLC is the parent body of the Labour Party?? Interesting people in this country.
NLC does not represent Labour Party
Did Tinubu go there to represent APC?
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by lildush(m): 9:21am On Dec 09, 2023
Norsemann:
Obi is always correct

Unlike the staggering cocaine sniffing dog in aso rock

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Guy u get bad mouth ooooo🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? by SmartyPants(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2023
Kukutente23:

NLC does not represent Labour Party
Did Tinubu go there to represent APC?

NLC is the parent body of the Labour Party. They are one and the same. Anyone who therefore represents one represents the other. The NLC as a labour union cannot directly participate in politics so it created a political party through which it does so. Anyone who went to COP sponsored by the NLC is a representative of the Labour Party. They are one and the same body with different limbs.

I feel irritated to have to point out to you that BAT went as a representative of the Nigerian government, paid for and paid to do so by the Nigerian government for the purpose of the agenda of the Nigerian government. The Nigerian Government has no affiliation with APC - much like Ajaero cannot be said to be representing his village association at the COP just because he belongs to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Heading For Civil War – Soyinka / Nigerians 6th Happiest In Africa In World Happiness Report 2017 / "You Were Baba Go Slow, But Now You're Baba Reverse— Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.