Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,677 members, 7,865,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Trip To Bhutan - My Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trip To Bhutan - My Experience (530 Views)

My First Trip To Obangogo Mountain In Kabba, Kogi State (Photos) / My Trip To Owu Waterfall, Kwara State (photos) / My Trip To The Asian Side Of Istanbul Turkey Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trip To Bhutan - My Experience by LooneyLester: 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2023
I recently returned from an unforgettable trip to Thimphu, Bhutan, and I couldn't wait to share my experiences with you all. Before I dive into the details, let me tell you that visiting Bhutan isn't for the faint-hearted. Bhutan has some strict entry requirements, and getting in is quite challenging.

First things first, flights to Bhutan are very expensive, and I had to book a tour through my company to ensure a smooth journey. I took off from Delhi. I booked mine using my company, which made the process slightly easier. However, keep in mind that even with a tour, the cost won't be cheap.

Now, let's talk about the visa requirements. Bhutan is serious about preserving its culture and environment, so they only allow a limited number of visitors each year. You'll need to provide proof of payment for your tour, as well as some personal documents like your passport and work documents. the visa application process can take a lot of time.

My flight got delayed due to bad weather, and I was stuck at the airport for hours. It was a tense moment, but my guide kept me at ease. When I finally arrived in Thimphu, the breathtaking scenery and warm welcome from the locals made up for all the hassle. The women are very fine and their food are very sweet, I might give up amala for their emadatse , It's a dish made with chilies and cheese, served over rice.

Speaking of guides, I must say that mine was fantastic. He was knowledgeable, friendly, and always looked out for our safety. But there was one thing he told me that left me surprised: I wasn't allowed to have any romantic encounters with their women .

Apparently, it's frowned upon by the locals, and could potentially lead to problems during my stay. Not that I was planning on anything, but it's good to know what to expect beforehand.

All in all, my trip to Bhutan was incredible. From exploring ancient temples and monasteries to trying traditional food and drinks (try the ara, it's delicious!), every moment was filled with wonder and excitement. If you're willing to put in the effort and investment, Bhutan should definitely be on your bucket list. Just remember to follow the rules, respect the culture, and enjoy the ride!

1 Like

Re: Trip To Bhutan - My Experience by brain54(m): 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2023
Nice...
Re: Trip To Bhutan - My Experience by Minsk24: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2023
Op continue
Re: Trip To Bhutan - My Experience by finallybusy: 4:40am On Dec 10, 2023
Beautiful.

(1) (Reply)

Need Help Urgently - I'm Inviting A Friend From Canada / Please I Need Your Response / I Love The Peeps Here Coming Up With Great And Interesting Topics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.