Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate (15453 Views)

Busiest International Airports In The World. / Man Praises Taxi Driver After Seeing,Groundnut, Drinks & Free Wi-fi In The Car / See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by airsaylongcome: 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Try arriving at LAX

What's up with LAX? Lemme brace myself
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by BigDawsNet: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2023
Not sure now but in 2019 while traveling... I enjoy Glo WiFi... it's free but slow

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by CoronaVirusPro: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2023
airsaylongcome:

What's up with LAX? Lemme brace myself

You pay for cart.
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by Whalis: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2023
They put it in budget but get bamboozled.
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by MasterTeeUSA: 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2023
Of course Lagos has and it is not true that other airports don't ask for login. Some ask for emails and some has for names, numbers and even emails in sane countries. Just put your non-information or other names for security reasons

9JAMac10:
Do Nigeria international airport specifically Enugu airport have free Wi-Fi?
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by Shikena(m): 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2023
When was your last trip? Just curious if you passed through the new or the old terminal.

immortalcrown:
No! The workers dey even beg travelers money. I have used many airports outside Nigeria where I enjoyed free WiFi and didn't pay for trolley. Lagos international airport that has no free WiFi charged me for trolley both during my departure and during my arrival. I don't know if the trolley charge has stopped.

ADDED
Many have quoted me, saying Lagos airport has free WiFi. The WiFi discovered by my phone at the airport when I used the airport could not provide internet. The WiFi I use in other airports just connects and works fine. Maybe I checked from a wrong corner (distance) or I used Lagos airport when there was an issue with the WiFi.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by immortalcrown(m): 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
Shikena:
When was your last trip? Just curious if you passed through the new or the old terminal.
4th and 27th October 2022. I experienced it on arrival. I didn't care to check the WiFi on departure.
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by MrCork: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
9JAMac10:

yes..ther free wifi is N400.000 nIara sir!!!(no ooofencse) angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by BigCowHornn: 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2023
fastseo:
Not only airport, banks, schools and even public buses need free WiFi.

Here in UK banks have free WiFi, school have free WiFi and also public buses. There are houses you rent you get free WiFi.

Our banks should do better in Nigeria.. There are banks you enter in Nigeria, you won't be able to browse.. They intentionally make network not available in banks for customers..

Zenith bank

They intentionally block it
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by BigCowHornn: 2:15pm On Dec 10, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Try arriving at LAX

Why would he go to California for free wifi? He is talking Nigeria and very correct he is. Nothing is free. Bribe is high but stealing is higher

It was at Lagos airport that they sliced my bag open and looted it, since then i travel only with suitcases with metal body.. potmanto
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by Father4all: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2023
YES, I HAVE USED IT SEVERAL TIMES
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by Fujiyama: 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
Ekakamba:
I dey smh when I enter all this small African countries

^^^
grin

I think too many Nigerians are hard wired to use the above description when talking about our neighbours on the continent - both near and far.

We do it when talking about nearly everything.

Football.
Food.
Music.
Popular culture.
Economy.

And so on.

The problem is that this description is false. It is inaccurate. What exactly is it that makes Nigeria big and everybody else small?

Is it literal size or land mass? Algeria takes the crown here - although the bulk of that Algerian land mass is arid desert. Is it military might? This is a little bit tough to measure because only an armed conflict can reveal the truth about this...and so far, Nigeria has studiously avoided any trouble with its neighbours (both near and far). There has been a home grown test of that military capability for over a decade now...and unfortunately, Nigeria has failed that test repeatedly - as terrorists continue to raid the country's roads, forests and villages at will. undecided Is it regional or continental clout? Nigeria's leader told a group of putschists next door to stand down within a week if they knew what was good for them. That was several months ago. Nothing has happened and nothing will happen...and that says it all really. Is it the size of the economy? On a per head basis, other African countries are far ahead. Is it the size and strength of manufacturing and heavy industry? Nigeria right now is in the throes of de-industrialization as companies fold up and leave...and young men and women turn their attentions to POS machine operation, keke napep riding and okada riding to keep body and soul together. undecided So...what exactly is it that makes Nigeria big and others small? undecided

Is it people? Yes...Nigeria has more black people than any other country on earth, but...that's about it. Most of those people are multi-dimensionally poor and very, very angry - and that's why Nigeria is highly unstable.

That's about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by RevolverOcelot(m): 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2023
Behappy25:
You want people to be sleeping there?
Yahoo boys go set up camp grin
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by HitRun(m): 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2023
Abuja does
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by visaclick: 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2023
Kukutente23:
Free WiFi will kill the airports
They won't be able to pay worker's salaries, tax and run at a profit
Just ask nairalanda1
as in eh that guy’s stupidity is out of this world. He has himself convinced that our politicians have his best interest at heart.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by pharmezee(m): 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2023
The workers begs a lot and it is always so annoying.. I work at the MM1 and the FAAN wifi is not strong at all

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by erico2k2(m): 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:
No! The workers dey even beg travelers money. I have used many airports outside Nigeria where I enjoyed free WiFi and didn't pay for trolley. Lagos international airport that has no free WiFi charged me for trolley both during my departure and during my arrival. I don't know if the trolley charge has stopped.

ADDED
Many have quoted me, saying Lagos airport has free WiFi. The WiFi discovered by my phone at the airport when I used the airport could not provide internet. The WiFi I use in other airports just connects and works fine. Maybe I checked from a wrong corner (distance) or I used Lagos airport when there was an issue with the WiFi. Note that I experienced the problem on arrival. I didn't care to check the WiFi during departure because I had data.
PHC International and ABJ International both have functional working Wi Fi
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by erico2k2(m): 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2023
pharmezee:
The workers begs a lot and it is always so annoying.. I work at the MM1 and the FAAN wifi is not strong at all
I have told people PHC International is way better than that Lagos Airport they think Im joking
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by ednut1(m): 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2023
My last time in Nigeria a year ago. The wifi at MM2 had no internet lol
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by erico2k2(m): 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Only Abuja then.

The new International wing.

/
PHC too
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by poseidon12: 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2023
Dreamhighnow:
Useless country

Seriously I have used at least 8 airports in Africa

I am sorry to say Nigeria airport service is the worst

We just like hyping ourselves

I think we just boast unnecessarily. Na why some African country hate us

Giant of Africa my ass
You understand Nigeria very well. All noise, no substance.
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by ibawon(m): 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2023
Yes! Tizeti and Glo offer free WIFI in MMA and Abuja Airport. Do they work? NO!
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by fitinwell: 2:59pm On Dec 10, 2023
9JAMac10:

With 36Million monthly Expenses on Data subscription for Office use.

Funny enough Data services is more expensive abroad yet .. it's made free for public use..

Nigeria own na padded budget we go dey hear everyday...
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by TheWinterBird(f): 2:59pm On Dec 10, 2023
Wow, that is pathetic if they've no free wifi. I can't imagine being at Airports with no free wifi. Before you even step into an Airport here, the wifi page will automatically come on your phone and tell you to sign in.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by Dreambeat: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2023
Yes, Abuja has, used it in one of my travels

2 Likes

Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by nairalanda1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 10, 2023
visaclick:
as in eh that guy’s stupidity is out of this world. He has himself convinced that our politicians have his best interest at heart.

Yes, I agree , his stupidity is out of this world Indeed
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by Schifo: 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
You are spot on. Nigeria is a big for nothing country that encourages and practices corruption, nepotism, terrorism and election rigging. We have nothing to offer except noise and bragging. Many Neighboring countries are doing far better with a fantastic system. Look at Liberia who just had their last election, everything went smoothly and no unnecessary loss of lives unlike what happened earlier in the Nigerian elections. We need to humble ourselves and tell ourselves the truth, we need a complete system overhaul.

Fujiyama:

^^^
grin

I think too many Nigerians are hard wired to use the above description when talking about our neighbours on the continent - both near and far.

We do it when talking about nearly everything.

Football.
Food.
Music.
Popular culture.
Economy.

And so on.

The problem is that this description is false. It is inaccurate. What exactly is it that makes Nigeria big and everybody else small?

Is it literal size or land mass? Algeria takes the crown here - although the bulk of that Algerian land mass is arid desert. Is it military might? This is a little bit tough to measure because only an armed conflict can reveal the truth about this...and so far, Nigeria has studiously avoided any trouble with its neighbours (both near and far). There has been a home grown test of that military capability for over a decade now...and unfortunately, Nigeria has failed that test repeatedly - as terrorists continue to raid the country's roads, forests and villages at will. undecided Is it regional or continental clout? Nigeria's leader told a group of putschists next door to stand down within a week if they knew what was good for them. That was several months ago. Nothing has happened and nothing will happen...and that says it all really. Is it the size of the economy? On a per head basis, other African countries are far ahead. Is it the size and strength of manufacturing and heavy industry? Nigeria right now is in the throes of de-industrialization as companies fold up and leave...and young men and women turn their attentions to POS machine operation, keke napep riding and okada riding to keep body and soul together. undecided So...what exactly is it that makes Nigeria big and others small? undecided

Is it people? Yes...Nigeria has more black people than any other country on earth, but...that's about it. Most of those people are multi-dimensionally poor and very, very angry - and that's why Nigeria is highly unstable.

That's about it.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by fastseo: 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2023
BigCowHornn:

Zenith bank

They intentionally block it

What about GTBank cheesy
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by ojayone(m): 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2023
Ncc has provided free WiFi in all the airport, some have started working as far as months some are yet to commence

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by linearity: 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2023
bdon123:

Lagos had free wifi bt it doesn't work .Therefore its as gud as not having.

I was able to use it for WhatsApp call to connect with people waiting.

I would agree that it may not be suitable for browsing and not available throughout the airport but it met my limited needs and it was God sent because I was never expecting it and was in disbelief.
Re: Do Nigerian International Airports Have Free Wi-fi? Pls Narrate by xperiencelove(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:
No!

Lagos MMIA have free Wi-Fi. Still used it last Monday just seven days ago waiting for boarding

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Red Line Rail: Sanwo-Olu To Commission Oyingbo Flyover / UAE Extends Ban On Nigerian Flights Till March 10 / Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.