Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown (23405 Views)

Pictures Of The New International Terminal At MMIA / CODVID19 - Passengers Experience At POE / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Major7: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2023
Lanretoye:
you dont even know what is conveyor belt to start with.bros abeg fall your hand jeje,your comment already shows that you have no idea what it is.

I can see he's getting popular for the wrong reasons already. I just corrected him earlier on a post this morning but he's trying to form Arnold Schwarzenegger grin

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by nairalanda1(m): 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:
Instead of assuming I have not been to an airport or boarded a flight, why not factually counter my claims about conveyor belt?

I have by telling you conveyor belts convey luggage.

Look son, people have corrected you. You are busy acting like an idiot. Better admit you are wrong, and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Catapault: 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2023
No big deal.

It happens everywhere.

Machines DO break down unexpectedly.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by gbagyiza: 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2023
nairalanda1:

It won't. It would result in delayed luggage. No human casualties

He is telling u that accident can occur as a result of carrying the luggage manually.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by immortalcrown(m): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2023
nairalanda1:
I have by telling you conveyor belts convey luggage.
Look son, people have corrected you. You are busy acting like an idiot. Better admit you are wrong, and move on.
So casuality is impossible when someone positions to lift a bag off the belt surface and the bell to cuts? So the safety sign and the emergency button put for the conveyor belt are useless? You do not want to admit your ignorance.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by nairalanda1(m): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2023
gbagyiza:

He is telling u that accident can occur as a result of carrying the luggage manually.

Probably, but that is minimized by

1.Having the luggage leave the plane by a automatic method

2.Luggage is then transported to the conveyor belt by a small truck....and loaded unto the belt manually.

3.All airplanes have a maximum luggage allowance of 20 kg per passenger. That's to make it easy for the baggage handlers.

Guy was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by nairalanda1(m): 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:
So casuality is impossible when someone positions to lift a bag off the belt surface and the bell to cuts? So the safety sign and the emergency button put for the conveyor belt are useless? You do not want to admit your ignorance.

Good evening, son. You better learn to admit when you missed it. It would benefit you a lot in life.

Grow up too.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by immortalcrown(m): 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2023
nairalanda1:
Good evening, son. You better learn to admit when you missed it. It would benefit you a lot in life. Grow up too.
So casuality is impossible when someone positions to lift a bag off the belt surface and the bell cuts? Answer this question if you are not the one denying your ignorance.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by nairalanda1(m): 4:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:
So casuality is impossible when someone positions to lift a bag off the belt surface and the bell cuts? Answer this question if you are not the one denying your ignorance.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Proverbs 15 vs 32.

If you refuse to learn, you are hurting yourself. If you accept correction, you will become wiser.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by immortalcrown(m): 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2023
nairalanda1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Proverbs 15 vs 32.
If you refuse to learn, you are hurting yourself. If you accept correction, you will become wiser.
So casuality is impossible when someone positions to lift a bag off the belt surface and the bell to cuts? Answer the question or keep hurting yourself by refusing to take corrections.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by gare(f): 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
politicoNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/12/10/lagos-airport-conveyor-belts-breakdown-as-passengers-experience-chaos/

When will they charge it, this happened some yrs ago when I came into the country, what is there that the can not manage, I really don't understand us in this country, if it is damaged they should get a new one, they make a lot of money from that airport.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by handsomeyinka(m): 5:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
Major7:

He will argue with you till thy kingdom comes,he doesn't listen to corrections so let him be abeg cool
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by PHAYOL81: 5:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
Somebody don go install substandard china products come chop the remaining money. Fear NIGERIANS
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Darkjudge24: 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:
Yes, it is an accident. But such an accident is easily avoidable..

Naija is a disgrace. I am happy no life was lost.

ADDED
People with little or no safety knowledge, instead of asking for an explanation, are quoting me and saying I don't know what a conveyor is. Do you know the belt has a safety sign and an emergency button? Check it at an airport or google it before quoting me. Isn't the breakdown an accident? Was it planned? So casuality is impossible when someone positions to lift a bag off the belt surface and the bell cuts? Can't manual carriage of airport luggage result in casualties or even death? Do you think conveyors at airports are just there to make carriage easy? Do you know the weight an airport conveyor lifts on daily basis and the consequence if humans are to manually do the conveyor's job? People take important things for granted until something goes wrong.

I admit my flaws. But I don't bow to pressure when a majority that can't prove me wrong turns against me.
I concur with u, accidents are bound to happen, but we all are Nigerians let's wake up and make Nigeria work. We always call government but the truth of it, we all are government, if u are a contractor ensure the contract meet specification, if u are an engineer, ensure ur work meet the specified requirements, stop short cuts it's killing the country
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by israelmao(m): 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2023
When Nigerians are ready to have a working country they will set tribalism and religious bigotry aside and rescue their country.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by immortalcrown(m): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
Lanretoye:
you dont even know what is conveyor belt to start with.bros abeg fall your hand jeje,your comment already shows that you have no idea what it is.
People with little or no safety knowledge, instead of asking for an explanation, are quoting me and saying I don't know what a conveyor belt is. Are you saying an airport conveyor belt is incapable of killing a human? It killed a lady, a trained baggage handler for that matter, in the US. Google it. Do you know the belt has a safety sign and an emergency button? Check it at an airport or google it before quoting me. Isn't the breakdown an accident? Was it planned? Is casuality is impossible when someone positions to lift a bag off the belt surface and the belt cuts? Can't manual carriage of airport luggage result in casualties or even death? Do you think conveyors at airports are just there to make carriage easy? Do you know the weight an airport conveyor lifts on daily basis and the consequence if humans are to manually do the conveyor's job? People take important things for granted until something goes wrong.

I admit my flaws. But I don't bow to pressure when a majority that can't prove me wrong turns against me.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Focusmind: 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2023
Na una dey take risks for government facilities. It is my official policy not to use lift or conveyor or escalator or any mechanically operated assistance in any government building. Be it ministry, agency, parastatal or board. I jejelly use stair case, no matter the number of staircases, I climb them. In MMA, I quietly use the staircase. I don't use the escalator. I went to a government building along Awolowo Road Ikoyi to submit a document. I found out that the office was on the 11th floor. I looked at the number of people on the ground floor waiting to enter the lift. I just told myself that, hey, you could do it. Just climb. I entered the staircase and got to the 11th floor. Finished my mission and descended down again via the staircase. However, the effects on the heartbeat no be for here o. But it was a good exercise.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Dynamicboss: 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2023
Scarrr:
u b fool...u are always quick to call Nigeria a disgrace, the almighty USA has crashed multiple helicopters this year alone with so many lives lost,fools like u go keep mute cos it's not Nigeria... meanwhile, ordinary luggage carrier get issue in Nigeria,u don dey masturbate over it .

He said the blunt truth bro. You need to leave the shore of this country and understand that the country is a huge mess and in great trouble
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Scarrr: 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2023
Dynamicboss:

He said the blunt truth bro. You need to leave the shore of this country and understand that the country is a huge mess and in great trouble
sharrap! Post your international passport pages and let me post mine , let's see if u don go to half of the countries have been to😂..what nonsense truth? If it happened in the west, asslickers like u ppl won't see any wrong.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Fearyourcreator: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:

ADDED
People with little or no safety knowledge, instead of asking for an explanation, are quoting me and saying I don't know what a conveyor belt is. Are you saying an airport conveyor belt is incapable of killing a human? It killed a lady, a trained baggage handler for that matter, in the US. Google it. Do you know the belt has a safety sign and an emergency button? Check it at an airport or google it before quoting me. Isn't the breakdown an accident? Was it planned? Is casuality is impossible when someone positions to lift a bag off the belt surface and the belt cuts? Can't manual carriage of airport luggage result in casualties or even death? Do you think conveyors at airports are just there to make carriage easy? Do you know the weight an airport conveyor lifts on daily basis and the consequence if humans are to manually do the conveyor's job? People take important things for granted until something goes wrong.

You called Nigeria a disgrace for something that killed someone in US and you know , Ori e ti daru
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Fearyourcreator: 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
handsomeyinka:

I beg they slow down to dey read news,its not an accident or plane crash so no life was lost.

"The news was about conveyors belt mechanical breakdown in the airport "

She even knows it killed someone in US but called her country a disgrace...
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Fearyourcreator: 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
Scarrr:
u b fool...u are always quick to call Nigeria a disgrace, the almighty USA has crashed multiple helicopters this year alone with so many lives lost,fools like u go keep mute cos it's not Nigeria... meanwhile, ordinary luggage carrier get issue in Nigeria,u don dey masturbate over it .
Person wey dey madt
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Fearyourcreator: 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2023
Kharol1234:
Maintenance zero
E fit be your brother working there chop the money
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by nedekid: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:

ADDED

1 Like

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Omodua(m): 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:

ADDED

Clown!

Conveyor belt doesn't convey human being. It's only luggages. Therefore, no life was lost is an indication you don't know what it means.

Try to learn instead of disgracing yourself and family.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Achoghim: 8:35pm On Dec 10, 2023
US crashing more helicopter doesn't mean they are incompetent, that's if you objectively consider the amount of flight they conduct in a year. On average, they are still miles ahead of any nation on earth in terms of aircraft turnaround and safety. By the way, you hear about US crashes because of free press and accountability, the likes of Russia and China that censors their media will never let you know
Scarrr:
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Scarrr: 8:48pm On Dec 10, 2023
Achoghim:
US crashing more helicopter doesn't mean they are incompetent, that's if you objectively consider the amount of flight they conduct in a year. On average, they are still miles ahead of any nation on earth in terms of aircraft turnaround and safety. By the way, you hear about US crashes because of free press and accountability, the likes of Russia and China that censors their media will never let you know
so its ok for Us, Russia,China to crash helicopters cos they are miles ahead..but when it happens in Africa they are disgrace to world...are u ok?
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Shellsploit: 8:59pm On Dec 10, 2023
nairalanda1:

Conveyor belts convey luggage, not people

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by nearline(m): 9:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
The federal government should give them 100 billion to fix it.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by immortalcrown(m): 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2023
Omodua:
Clown!

Conveyor belt doesn't convey human being. It's only luggages. Therefore, no life was lost is an indication you don't know what it means.

Try to learn instead of disgracing yourself and family.
Mumu. Did my comment say the belt conveys humans? Did you not see where I cited that conveyor belt killed an airport worker?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? / NAF Jet Evacuating 350 Nigerians Leaves Egypt For Abuja / PHOTOS: 140 Nigerian Returnees From Libya Arrive Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.