Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,394 members, 7,830,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown (23428 Views)

Pictures Of The New International Terminal At MMIA / CODVID19 - Passengers Experience At POE / Samuel Getachew Complains Of Extortion By Immigration Officers At MMIA, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Johnycastro18: 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2023
sad
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by iykofias(m): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:
Yes, it is an accident. But such an accident is easily avoidable..

Naija is a disgrace. I am happy no life was lost.

ADDED
People, instead of asking for an explanation, are quoting me and saying I don't know what a conveyor is. Isn't the breakdown an accident? Was it planned? Can't manual carriage of luggage result in casualties or even death? Do you think conveyors at airport are just there to make carriage easy? Do you know the weight an airport conveyor lifts on daily basis and the consequence if humans are to do the conveyor's job?
you’re really ignorant, stop trying to play smart

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by ClearFlair: 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2023
Lol
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by immortalcrown(m): 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2023
iykofias:
you’rereally ignorant, stop trying to play smart
You are the ignorant one here until you prove that the conveyor serves no safety purpose.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by LordIsaac(m): 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2023
Honestly, I wonder why we have an Aviation ministry!
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by NinjaMetahuman: 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:

ADDED
People, instead of asking for an explanation, are quoting me and saying I don't know what a conveyor is. Isn't the breakdown an accident? Was it planned? Can't manual carriage of luggage result in casualties or even death? Do you think conveyors at airport are just there to make carriage easy? Do you know the weight an airport conveyor lifts on daily basis and the consequence if humans are to do the conveyor's job?
typical comment to expect from typical brainless Nigerians.

Just criticize and condemn country for the sake of it.

I wonder which country in the world doesn't experience mechanical problem.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Justiceleague1: 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2023
viewing topic: Ogbomosho village champions sillymoderators koshcad bosskesh...as if they know what a conveyor belt is or yaff seen one grin grin grin
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by linearity: 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:

ADDED
People, instead of asking for an explanation, are quoting me and saying I don't know what a conveyor is. Isn't the breakdown an accident? Was it planned? What happens when someone is about to lift a bag off the belt surface and the belt rotation stops abruptly? Cant there be a casualty? Can't manual carriage of luggage result in casualties or even death? Do you think conveyors at airport are just there to make carriage easy? Do you know the weight an airport conveyor lifts on daily basis and the consequence if humans are to do the conveyor's job?

Even with your ‘ADDED’ to justify your previous blunders, you are still talking out of point.

If NEPA bring light and you go switch ON your fan and the thing no work you come start to dey use manual hand fan to manage the heat, I sure say you go call am accident too and thank God that no humans life were lost during the use of the manual hand fan! 😬

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Lemos14: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:
You are the ignorant one here until you prove that the conveyor serves no safety purpose.

Mr man let the matter go and stop trying to play smart. Admit you didnt fully read before commenting

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by CoronaVirusPro: 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2023
Scarrr:
u b fool...u are always quick to call Nigeria a disgrace, the almighty USA has crashed multiple helicopters this year alone with so many lives lost,fools like u go keep mute cos it's not Nigeria... meanwhile, ordinary luggage carrier get issue in Nigeria,u don dey masturbate over it .

Louder please!

1 Like

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by ColonelMichael: 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2023
Resetinc:
some unpatriotic folks will come here to badmouth our country now, 😂

But this na common occurrence everywhere..
It happens in Dubai a few weeks ago

I just checked there is no record like that or post evidence of it, what do you guys gain from lieing to cover up nonsense though am no longer surprised if you are a Muslim and a Yoruba,
Insanity is you people's watchword.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by immortalcrown(m): 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2023
linearity:
Even with your ‘ADDED’ to justify your previous blunders, you are still talking out of point. If NEPA bring light and you go switch ON your fan and the thing no work you come start use manual hand fan to manage the heat, I sure say you go call am accident too and thank God that no humans life were lost during the use of the manual hand fan! 😬
I admit my flaws when they manifest. But I am not wrong in the comment. Do you know that airport conveyor belt has a safety sign and an emergency button? If you know, what are they for?
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by TheFacelessMan: 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2023
Lanretoye:
you dont even know what is conveyor belt to start with.bros abeg fall your hand jeje,your comment already shows that you have no idea what it is.

The guy sounded really daft.

Probably hasn't ever smelt the air of an airport. grin

Please don't blame him. grin

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by immortalcrown(m): 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2023
Lemos14:
Mr man let the matter go and stop trying to play smart. Admit you didnt fully read before commenting
You are the one to admit your stupidity in this case. The belt has a safety sign and an emergency button for a reason.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by ColonelMichael: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2023
linearity:

Even with your ‘ADDED’ to justify your previous blunders, you are still talking out of point.

If NEPA bring light and you go switch ON your fan and the thing no work you come start to dey use manual hand fan to manage the heat, I sure say you go call am accident too and thank God that no humans life were lost during the use of the manual hand fan! 😬

Just imagine what a grown adult that some people my be looking up to is saying?

Yoruba Muslims sef
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Originalsly: 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2023
What investigation was done when the belt broke down the first time? Not even 3 months old and be constantly breaking down? Was the system the one that was listed in the contract ? ... what was the warranty? ... who was responsible for its maintenance?... and what was the maintenance schedule? ... was it checked as scheduled? ... who last signed off on it? ... was the last or any of the previous breakdowns investigated? ... what was the cause? ... what measures were taken to prevent a reoccurence? ... if measures were not taken... why not? With this type of investigation... heads need to roll or this will continue to happen.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by 9jaBloke: 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2023
Somebody rushed to comment without full comprehension. The wise thing would have been to take it back but he/she is bent on justification.

A functioning conveyor belt accident can result in a fatality, even though it is rare.

A broken or collapsed conveyor belt👎

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by OmoFiditi: 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:

ADDED
People with little or no safety knowledge, instead of asking for an explanation, are quoting me and saying I don't know what a conveyor is. Do you know the belt has a safety sign and an emergency button? Check it at an airport or google it before quoting me. Isn't the breakdown an accident? Was it planned? What happens when someone is about to lift a bag off the belt surface and the belt rotation stops abruptly? Can't there be a casualty? Can't manual carriage of luggage result in casualties or even death? Do you think conveyors at airport are just there to make carriage easy? Do you know the weight an airport conveyor lifts on daily basis and the consequence if humans are to do the conveyor's job? People take things for granted until something goes wrong before they understand.

grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by linearity: 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
typical comment to expect from typical brainless Nigerians.

Just criticize and condemn country for the sake of it.

I wonder which country in the world doesn't experience mechanical problem.

Bros kool down, let’s stop tolerating mediocre….

The report clearly stated that and I quote:

“….Our source alleged that the newly installed conveyor belts break down almost 30 minutes daily, especially during the peak period.”

Can you name one Country in the world whose Airport conveyor belt breaks down at least 30 minutes every single day?

Before you cut these Ministers and Politicians some slack, have you seen the Prado Jeep they drive? Have you met any these their Prado Jeep breaking down on the road even for once? They make sure they buy new jeeps every year!

This has nothing to do with Nigeria, it is pure wickedness and I am sure they diverted bulk of the money for that contract and use substance materials but when it come to their vehicles, they go for the very best!
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Lemos14: 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:
You are the one to admit your stupidity in this case. The belt has a safety sign and an emergency button for a reason.

Your last resort is insult. Like I said , let it go.

To start with, workers wont even stand or sit on conveyors while putting load on it that your digressing to workplace hazards. Be mature enough to to just let it go your damage control is just embarrassing. It's either you didnt fully read or didnt know what a conveyor belt is

5 Likes

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by GlIalen(m): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2023
Nothing fit shock me again for this country

So far AC dey work while they wait. And if the Ac no work, no wahala.

Politicians trying to frustrate us by every means possible
(Quote) (Report) 4 Likes (Like)
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by BOSSkesh(m): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2023
are you not stupid
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Lemos14: 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2023
9jaBloke:
Somebody rushed to comment without full comprehension. The wise thing would have been to take it back but he/she is bent on justification.

A functioning conveyor belt accident can result in a fatality, even though it is rare.

A broken or collapsed conveyor belt👎

My brother na so some people be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Rebuker(m): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2023
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by nairalanda1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2023
immortalcrown:

ADDED
People with little or no safety knowledge, instead of asking for an explanation, are quoting me and saying I don't know what a conveyor is. Do you know the belt has a safety sign and an emergency button? Check it at an airport or google it before quoting me. Isn't the breakdown an accident? Was it planned? What happens when someone is about to lift a bag off the belt surface and the belt rotation stops abruptly? Can't there be a casualty? Can't manual carriage of luggage result in casualties or even death? Do you think conveyors at airport are just there to make carriage easy? Do you know the weight an airport conveyor lifts on daily basis and the consequence if humans are to do the conveyor's job? People take things for granted until something goes wrong before they understand.

Oga, admit you were wrong and move on.

You must not be always right.

Conveyor belts convey luggage. I know what a conveyor belt is as I have flown before, including last month, and picked off my luggage from one. There is no way there would be human casualites, especially since there are signs stating that humans are NOT supposed to climb the conveyor belt.

Even if the belt stops suddenly when luggage is in transit, no one would get hurt. You just pick your luggage and move on. (Happened once , but the belt started again in minutes, so life went on)

You have never been in an airport, nor have you flown in a plane. Admit it. It is not that painful.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by Major7: 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2023
handsomeyinka:

I beg they slow down to dey read news,its not an accident or plane crash so no life was lost.

"The news was about conveyors belt mechanical breakdown in the airport "

He will argue with you till thy kingdom comes,he doesn't listen to corrections so let him be abeg cool

1 Like

Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by GboyegaD(m): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2023
Na our way. How do you exclaim the investments? The devil is a learner when compared to our level of wickedness.
Re: Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown by immortalcrown(m): 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2023
nairalanda1:

Oga, admit you were wrong and move on.

You must not be always right.

Conveyor belts convey luggage. I know what a conveyor belt is as I have flown before, including last month, and picked off my luggage from one. There is no way there would be human casualites, especially since there are signs stating that humans are NOT supposed to climb the lugage.

Even if the belt stops suddenly when luggage is in transit, no one would get hurt.

You have never been in an airport, nor have you flown in a plane. Admit it. It is not that painful.
Instead of assuming I have not been to an airport or boarded a flight, why not factually counter my claims about conveyor belt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? / Man Who Died In The Kogi Petrol Tanker Accident (Graphic Photos) / Accident On Kaduna-Abuja Road Kills 12, Injures 25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.