Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,994 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today (45168 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina / The Fish I Caught In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by donproject2(m): 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2023
Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2023
See boys asking where beach dey make them go hustle grin grin grin grin

Nigeria go better.

9 Likes

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Tallesty1(m): 9:45pm On Dec 14, 2023
Woodshot:

Hippocampus
As in hostel for hippopotamus?

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by atilla(m): 9:47pm On Dec 14, 2023
ednut1:
Dont eat them o. Na aboki/ squatter shit dem dey eat.

D normal fish u eat, what do they eat?

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Nicepoker(m): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2023
swaqq:
it is a called a sinker (Note that this is a make-shift sinker). Its purpose is to make my fishing hook travel far whenever I cast my fishing line
The fish can swallow the hook and the line. But that your sinker. Them no born am well grin

10 Likes

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by mementomori: 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2023
Woodshot:

Hippocampus

grin grin grin
Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Nicepoker(m): 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2023
TheWinterBird:
The first fish is so pretty. What is the name?
How can a fish be pretty.

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by ednut1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 14, 2023
atilla:

D normal fish u eat, what do they eat?
fish food 🙄

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Evolutionism: 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2023
One of Favorite area where i sometimes visit to cool off.

Most especially Oniru Beach.

3 Likes

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by sylve11: 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
XAUBulls:

A spark plug as a sinker at the end of a fishing line... That's fascinating.

That's not a spark plug. grin cool

2 Likes

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by teelaw4life(m): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
Good one and nice catch. But if possible, please try to get a proper sinker. I know it doesn't feel like a big deal but we all have to do our part in contributing to the aquatic health of our planet

9 Likes

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Nackzy: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2023
Sucre7:

Lekki, Lagos
oh really, woaw this is beautiful

5 Likes

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by sylve11: 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2023
ednut1:
Dont eat them o. Na aboki/ squatter shit dem dey eat.

Hehehe grin cool
Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by XAUBulls: 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2023
sylve11:

That's not a spark plug. grin cool
For real? I was referring to the plug in the first fish pic. It looks like one innit?

1 Share

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by LockDown69(m): 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
grin spark plug as your sinker, seriously

3 Likes

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by oxygeng: 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
TheWinterBird:
so pretty! hmm. you wan gbench am?
Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Jewessgratitud3: 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2023
It's croacker I want to catch. Which river has it?

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by oxygeng: 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2023
how many hours e take you to catch those protein?

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Adebowalay(m): 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
U caught black fishes, the first one was smiling and you think you can go scot free, better go Shiloh

2 Likes

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by sylve11: 10:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
XAUBulls:

For real?

It's o.

Thanks for the clarification.

But should be too heavy to pull.

To get a good floater, get a condemned slippers, trimmed it to a size of TomTom sweet, use a blade to divide it but make sure the divided sides don't fall off. Tie the shaped stuff to the line of your hook. You're good to go. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by nedekid: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2023
Politicians will be wondering why Nigerians say they are hungry when there is ocean around us and we can easily catch fish for protein. Free fir that matter.
Awon farming motivational speakers, where at thou?
OP nice one jare, once had a fishing pole too, but never used it in naija.

4 Likes

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Boldideas: 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2023
swaqq:
Atlantic grouper, these are the smallest specie. The larger species are about the size of a dolphin.

The,expression on the face of the last fish shows like despite living in the water, they weren't still safe. 😂

1 Like

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Yankee101: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2023
Sinking

RealSean:
Please what's the usefulness of the plug you attached?
Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Rejouir: 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2023
So you can't go into the market to buy fish. You are looking for osho free, after stupidly voting for tinubu.

Look at the condition of your life. 🤦
Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Papayaayasager(m): 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
What's the plug for?
Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by XAUBulls: 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
sylve11:

It's o.

Thanks for the clarification.

But should be too heavy to pull.

To get a good sinker, get a condemned slippers, trimmed it to a size of TomTom sweet, use a blade to divide it but make sure the divided sides don't fall off. Tie the shaped stuff to the line of your hook. You're good to go. cool
That's quite innovative. I'm trying to picture what you stated in my mind's eye using slippers. You must be a real fishing enthusiast.

Thanks for the insights.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by Papayaayasager(m): 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
TheWinterBird:

Tilapia for kenkey
Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by XAUBulls: 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2023
Persephone1:
See boys asking where beach dey make them go hustle grin grin grin grin

Nigeria go better.
I just read some online reviews of that Marwa beach in Lekki which faces the Atlantic ocean.
I never heard of the beach until today, and one of the online reviewers said his phone got stolen on the beach. A second online reviewer said some layabouts live on the beach and he said some sections of the beach have plastic wastes and more, meaning as of the time he posted a review, parts of the beach were not very neat.

For folks who are thinking of going to relax and get their skins caressed by the gentle Atlantic ocean breeze, or even to fish with hooks, lines, and sinkers, they have to be security conscious so they don't get mugged! Period.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by swaqq(m): 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2023
XAUBulls:

Where's that beach located?
lekki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by swaqq(m): 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
CrownOfClay724:
Fun thing to do.
This Christmas maybe na to go buy hook, white slippers and sunshade... Come set fire one side dey roast my catch and use Orijin dey wash am down. cool cheesy

What do you use as bait?
you sabi the vibe grin, I use lobsters as bait
Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by swaqq(m): 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
teelaw4life:
Good one and nice catch. But if possible, please try to get a proper sinker. I know it doesn't feel like a big deal but we all have to do our part in contributing to the aquatic health of our planet
all the sinkers I bought got lost inside the ocean, i had to improvise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Fish I Caught At Marwa Beach Today by swaqq(m): 11:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
LockDown69:
grin spark plug as your sinker, seriously
I can show you worse grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians And Our Weird Food Combinations / Man Using Python For Pepper Soup In Port Harcourt. Online Users React (Photos) / My Brother Brought Home 2 Monkeys This Morning (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.