Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Why Does MTN Network Disappear For 1-3 Hours Every Sunday? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Does MTN Network Disappear For 1-3 Hours Every Sunday? (418 Views)

MTN Network Is Back! / Does MTN NIGERIA Knows About This? / How Does MTN SHARES Works? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does MTN Network Disappear For 1-3 Hours Every Sunday? by AntiBMC(m): 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
I noticed this n0nsense started in May or so. Every Sunday, the network disappears for 1-2 hours. It just happened to me again...and this time, it was for exactly 3 hours. It's so frustrating and annoying at the same time.

So maybe it's for maintenance of some sort; why don't they wait till it's midnight before doing it like they used to do?

The first time this happened to me, I thought I had run out of data. You would be busy doing something online, either for work or entertainment and boom, your network bars drop from 4 to 2...and no amount of turning on and off your airplane mode or restarting your phone, would get it to work again until 2-3 hours later.

Work, Research and every other thing grinds to a complete halt.

They used to inform customers before, that their would be maintenance from 3-5 am. Now, they just go ahead and do whatever they like, whenever they like.. cause they think we won't notice and there's absolutely no one to put them in check.

What happens if someone gets into trouble and this shit happens? They won't be able to call for help or reach out to their loved ones, just because MTN decided to trash any regard they had for courtesy or customer satisfaction.

As if it's not bad enough that they stopped customers from rolling over their unfinished data with any other plans different from the original data plan; or that they tweaked it so the data finishes quicker than usual, we still have to suffer this too. Should we talk about the hike in data prices? If only the quality of the network was improved on as well, no one would complain.

At the end of the day, it still boils down to the sad reality that this country is done for. In working countries, they will never get away with half of the things they get away with, here in Nigeria. It's truly a shame.
Re: Why Does MTN Network Disappear For 1-3 Hours Every Sunday? by ConfidentialDoc: 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2023
Why does 9 mobile disappear 4-5 days a week ?
Re: Why Does MTN Network Disappear For 1-3 Hours Every Sunday? by Zonefree(m): 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2023
Why does Glo disappear 7 days a week?

1 Like

Re: Why Does MTN Network Disappear For 1-3 Hours Every Sunday? by Haakeem(m): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2023
Maybe it's happening to you only, mine is that once I burn down my data to 900 or 800mb they'll start telling me that my data is almost exhausted, and then when it gets to 500mb they'll send me a message that my data sub is exhausted that I should subscribe for a new one.
F0olish mafors.
Re: Why Does MTN Network Disappear For 1-3 Hours Every Sunday? by AntiBMC(m): 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
Haakeem:
Maybe it's happening to you only, mine is that once I burn down my data to 900 or 800mb they'll start telling me that my data is almost exhausted, and then when it gets to 500mb they'll send me a message that my data sub is exhausted that I should subscribe for a new one.
F0olish mafors.

It's happening to about 5 pple I know too. It's just too bad. Today own really pained me...I just had to open this thread.
Re: Why Does MTN Network Disappear For 1-3 Hours Every Sunday? by SETHARTHUR(m): 10:35pm On Dec 10, 2023
Men I see she for night when I did night sun.
My money wasted.
Re: Why Does MTN Network Disappear For 1-3 Hours Every Sunday? by AntiBMC(m): 11:03am On Dec 11, 2023
SETHARTHUR:
Men I see she for night when I did night sun.
My money wasted.

Lol..you never know these people. With night sub, they will purposely make it slow, to frustrate you. At the end of the day, you go mistakenly sleep off and dat one don go.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Seen This? / AMOLED Display Setting Featured In The TECNO Spark 20 Series / [b][/b] Ncc Is Very Incompetent!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.