Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity (27796 Views)

Naira Scarcity: CBN's Update On Naira Notes For March 22nd, 2023 / Emefiele: CBN Gives Dangote N75b Forex Support / CBN Gives Banks 2 Weeks To Settle Customers' Complaints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 6:00am On Dec 11, 2023
The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, has said enough Naira notes are in circulation amid reports of scarcity of banknotes.

In a statement issued by the Corporate Communications Department of the CBN, the apex bank explained the reasons behind the scarcity of Naira notes in some parts of the country.

CBN’s reaction is coming amid a series of complaints by some bank customers concerning the scarcity of Naira notes at bank counters, Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), Points of Sale (PoS), and Bureaux de Change (BDCs).

However, the apex bank said the seeming currency scarcity was occasioned by large volume withdrawals of cash from various CBN branches by Deposit Money Banks (DMBs).

It stated that panic withdrawals by bank customers were also partly responsible for the seeming scarcity.

The CBN said there is no shortage of naira notes, noting that there is adequate supply of the currency in the economy.

“The attention of the CBN has been drawn to reports of alleged scarcity of cash at banks, ATMs, PoS and BDCs in some major cities across the country.

Our findings reveal that the seeming cash scarcity in some locations is due largely to high volume withdrawals from the CBN branches by DMBs and panic withdrawals by customers from the ATMs.

While we note the concerns of Nigerians on the availability of cash for financial transactions, we wish to assure the public that there is sufficient stock of currency notes for economic activities in the country,” the statement reads.

Earlier, DAILY POST alerted Nigerians of the circulation of fake Naira notes.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/12/11/cbn-gives-update-on-naira-scarcity/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 6:01am On Dec 11, 2023
Latest Development, Coming From CBN Now.

Don't Forget, ÑaijaCover Bring This UPDATE

1 Like

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by Kevinjap: 6:10am On Dec 11, 2023
What happened to cashless policy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by ojun50(m): 6:48am On Dec 11, 2023
Kevinjap:

O ti lo

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by NaijaCover(m): 6:49am On Dec 11, 2023
Kevinjap:

See More Update @ www.ñaijacover.com

1 Like

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by illicit(m): 7:10am On Dec 11, 2023
Ok nah

✌️
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2023
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by Karrima: 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2023
Confused government headed by empty brain bunch

36 Likes

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by farem: 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2023
Hmnm
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by Fatbam005: 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2023
Where is the money? APC is always in the news to the masses.

8 Likes

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by Resetinc: 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2023
Haaa😂

Yesterday there was a thread asking what prayer God answered you this year 2023…

I prayed God to continue punishing Nigerians who voted APC again after an unimaginable 8yrs of suffering under buhari…. and God didn’t waste time in answering my prayers … He started answering 24hrs from the day of swearing in ……. 😂😂😂😂

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by Beuberry(f): 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2023
I know there ll be scarcity.
Anytime there's an anomaly, some people take advantage of it to cash out occasionally.
The regular scarcity of fuel in December started in a year, I think 2011. Now it's almost yearly. Now naira scarcity of last year want to be present yearly.

14 Likes

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by obesse: 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2023
grin
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by jayAjoku(m): 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2023
As Long as human beings continue to behave like Animals And Continue their Foolish Behaviour of Seasonal Migration in the name Of Holiday Celebration 🎉 the Elite Controlled government will always find a way and an avenue of causing them pain for profit .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by Chibuzoripob: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2023
sad
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by EmmaLege: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2023
Ok
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by ezekins: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2023
Cbn should give update on the value of naira
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by mytime24(f): 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2023
Batch batch CBN governor
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by buygala(m): 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2023
So where are the naira notes?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by Brendaniel: 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2023
I thought Tinubu supporters blamed Emefiele for Naira scarcity, now they have nobody to blame, they are all quiet....

Almost all the indices of Venezuela has been achieved by Tinubu in just 6 months

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by chris4gold(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2023
E no concern mi

1 Like

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by crossfm: 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2023
Hehehe.

Them go explain taya, no evidence grin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by fergieboy: 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2023
Sha hold physical cash in case
I don stack up
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by JayTripz(m): 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2023
Everything going well here in Lagos o...Abeg make una nor go Alert all this POS people....The moment Dem just see news....Gbammmm....2k na 700 hundred naira Dem go charge..Abeg make una low-key
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by Samuelakindeji: 12:21pm On Dec 11, 2023
Ok
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by Amigoss: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2023
grin
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by safarilove(m): 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2023
ok
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by Indelibleage: 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2023
That can't be true. I was at a GTBank at Ogba in Lagos here like twice. The first time I entered the banking hall (that was in October), I was told they did not have cash and can only give me 10k. The second time, I was told maximum amount I could withdraw was 50k due to lack of cash (this was last week). So, I wonder where the lies of CBN is coming from.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by cunny88(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2023
There's inflation so people require more cash. For instance u need over 60k to purchase a bag of rice if the seller insist on cash. Dis used to be a little over 30k just few months ago

11 Likes

Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by FireUpNow(m): 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2023
This administration of 🌽 Eaters will always make bottle-neck for it's people. Nonsense
Re: CBN Gives Update On Naira Scarcity by EnglishUsa: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2023
J

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Orders DMBs To Sell FOREX To Customers / Benue Traders Resort To Trade By Barter Due To Naira Scarcity / Nigerian Tech Entreprenuer Favour Ori's Payday Raises $3m Led By Moniepoint Inc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.