Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed (14313 Views)

Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS / An Overview Of Dangote Refinery Plant In Lagos - Video And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by justmi1: 11:25am On Dec 11, 2023
mofedamijo:
Nigerians never stops o amaze me. Every time a story of Dangote refinery comes up, I see a lot of people complaining. Some go as far as saying the refinery is a scam.

First and foremost, there is no businessman who doesn't want to make money from his investment. Dangote wants to make money, and he has invested billions into this project, and he will do anything to make sure it succeeds. Like every other businesses, there are going to be hiccups and delays and other issues before it fully kicks off. This is not a fast food restaurant project. Engineering and mechanical projects of this magnitude will certainly face challenges before fully operational.

Why are people calling this project scam?? Like really??

Dangote wants to make money and he certainly will. I think you guyz should focus on your own life and projects cause Dangote will succeed with this.
are you minding them? Everything na scam to them. Irrespective of the situation the refinery is closer to working than ever. And most people here just comment with no economic knowledge. Having the refinery work is not about getting fuel to 50naria per litre. Let's not think from the perspective of cheaper fuel alone but improved productivity. Would it really matter how much fuel is, if majority are earning well through industrialisation. It's more about affordability not cheap. Fuel could be 50naira and people still poor. The refinery working has a lot of benefits. The diesel alone can make fuel price drop because cheaper diesel means tankers would deliver fuel at cheaper rates. Let's be optimistic

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by ufotunang: 11:28am On Dec 11, 2023
SalamRushdie:

If you know how fractional distillation works you will not say this , all products are run in one swoop
..if all products are run in one swoop why is it only disel and avaition fuel Dangote first want to produce with 1 million barrels of crude oil ?
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by ufotunang: 11:32am On Dec 11, 2023
This one where fuel will not be produced among the 1 million barrels of crude oil will not be good and it will cause more delay for fuel to be produced... for nigerians wanted fuel to be produced locally immediately inorder for price of fuel to become cheaper
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Omodua(m): 12:25pm On Dec 11, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Great News for Nigerians, I'm very sure Nigerians who use Diesel to power their industries will be eagerly anticipating the day when the supply from Dangote will flood the market.
I'm also sure the airline companies will have their tankers ready to receive fuel from the Refinery.
I really won't be bothered by the report of when petrol will hit the market,my common sense already told me NNPCL announced sometime last month the country will be wet with petrol for the yuletide season,I expect their imported stock of Petrol will probably be exhausted when Dangote Refinery begins its own production,that's common sense of Business 101.
Naysayers told us Dangote Refinery will not be completed,it was completed and commissioned by Baba Buhari,these Naysayers also said it wont work until 2033,yet crude was received in December and production has started,now they have started again,I repeat if you still don't believe the Refinery will pump out products then you are worse than Doubting Thomas.
I like to focus on the good news in the Report,the sheer amount of Employment that will be created by the Refinery is mind-blowing.
I repeat again,only a foolish person will ignore these figures,call today to get a piece of investment around the Refinery.
Still selling LAND at Ibeju-lekki close to the Dangote Refinery. Check my signature for more details.
God bless Nigeria
Thanks for the insight.

But with spate of ethnic-filled demolitions in Lagos state, it's risky buying a Land from you at Ibeju-Lekki close to the Dangote Refinery.

May be, when the coast is clear and grey areas that inhibit our unity are settled then one could think of buying land.

For now, non indigenes of Yoruba extraction are putting a halt in buying lands in Lagos state. After the elections, and current spate of demolitions,only an idiot will risk buying a land in Lagos state.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Tonytonex(m): 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2023
dre11:

https://punchng.com/dangote-refinery-diesel-jeta1-hit-market-january-petrol-delayed/?amp
but they say that one no go reduce the price. So why are people...
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by shortIGBOman: 1:20pm On Dec 11, 2023
drstan:
My friend working there said the section for petrol production is not ready that it's only kerosene, diesel and other's that are ready

See as this Igbo man dey LIE.
You no get friend for Dangote Refinery. All your friends dey sell Chargers and water for hold up grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by drstan(m): 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2023
asamaigho:

which one is section for petrol not ready?
Is it not a fractional distillation process again?
is the the distilation separation tank not dsame for all product?
Abeg nigerians r not fools, they should stop all this deception
that is today news, why is petrol delayed?

Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by drstan(m): 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2023
Kelvin30286063:

Your friend is a dullard sorry to say cos all products are refined at the same time but at different boiling points.
and you are not a dullard right, see today headlines why is petrol delayed?

Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by drstan(m): 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2023
Nodogragra4me:

Your friend works as a labourer so he doesn't know what is what... Just carrying rod and cement about the complex

There is not section for pms. Everything goes into the same distillation tanks because there is no different crude for pms and others

You and your casual worker friend are both ignoramuses
I for insult you but my mama train me well, see today headlines. For your info my friend is a first class graduate of petrochemicals engineering with MSc. Thank you.

Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by drstan(m): 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2023
vikstandon:

What it means is that the company would be wasting other fractions of the crude.

That portends great environmental danger!
not at all, the section for final processing of petrol is not ready hence petrol will not be sold except other products.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by viodemus: 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2023
This is already becoming a sham refinery.

They charged them twice or almost thrice as much to build it.

They just shouldn't interfere when that American and Israeli refineries start in the SE.

All of a sudden, they are taking oil from SS and SE, but they are not producing the results yet. When they find oil or build a refinery, they displace the people that live there, then they either have to migrate to the east or Lagos.

*Dangote is trying. But, Nigeria expects the refineries to run on generators and still be cheap. They are going to run the refineries on their own power supply anyway, but not for all things in the power plant.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2023
drstan:
I for insult you but my mama train me well, see today headlines. For your info my friend is a first class graduate of petrochemicals engineering with MSc. Thank you.

This headline doesn't change or prove anything.

There is no Depot or refinery that strays with pms. It is always with ago

Crude oil is pumped into a single tank for distillation into different products. As heat is applied, the products begins to evaporate to the top of that tank where different outlets is already installed.

Apart from methane and other very light product, fuel, that is pms moves as heat to the top and escapes through it pipe..... This thing is like pressure pot.... After pms, kerosene, Dpk begins to move to the top and escape then other thicker products like ago lpfo a d coal tar

There is no different section but different tank to receive the finished products

This things is not rocket science.

You can cook this product in tout house if you can get the crude

Your friends is not an MSc holder and even if he is, h ti's not working with that certificate... He should know about this catalyyic process

This is the business I have been in for years....

It is as clear to me as day and night

The only reason they won't produce pms is regulatory.

AGO is oily and can help detect leaks t is favoured as first product so the oil will stain the tank it it has leaks

Jet A1 is Dpk without colour

Dpk means dual purpose kerosene
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by abeylee001: 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2023
There's always one delay or the other in production of fuel from Dangote. Who is decieving who? Nigeria leader should tell us the truth , today Dangote tomorrow port Harcourt refinery . Tell us the truth, none of them are ready for the production of fuel yet.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by drstan(m): 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2023
Nodogragra4me:

This headline doesn't change or prove anything.

There is no Depot or refinery that strays with pms. It is always with ago

Crude oil is pumped into a single tank for distillation into different products. As heat is applied, the products begins to evaporate to the top of that tank where different outlets is already installed.

Apart from methane and other very light product, fuel, that is pms moves as heat to the top and escapes through it pipe..... This thing is like pressure pot.... After pms, kerosene, Dpk begins to move to the top and escape then other thicker products like ago lpfo a d coal tar

There is no different section but different tank to receive the finished products

This things is not rocket science.

You can cook this product in tout house if you can get the crude

Your friends is not an MSc holder and even if he is, h ti's not working with that certificate... He should know about this catalyyic process

This is the business I have been in for years....

It is as clear to me as day and night

The only reason they won't produce pms is regulatory.

AGO is oily and can help detect leaks t is favoured as first product so the oil will stain the tank it it has leaks

Jet A1 is Dpk without colour

Dpk means dual purpose kerosene

Bro, I'm science inclined and I know all the process about fractional distillation. What I'm saying here is all the final process for petrol to be ready for the public use is not ready! Or you mean after the petrol leaves it chamber to the storage facilities what follows is to sale to the public? The reason it won't be ready is not regulatory as you said, does that make sense?
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Kkk777: 3:08pm On Dec 11, 2023
SalamRushdie:

If you know how fractional distillation works you will not say this , all products are run in one swoop

God bless you for this comment.

And many Nigerians believe the news from government.

This government think all Nigerians are fools
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by vikstandon(m): 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2023
drstan:
not at all, the section for final processing of petrol is not ready hence petrol will not be sold except other products.

If you say final processing or finishing of the product, I will agree with you.

Because there are other addictives that are added to petrol to aid the combustion and preserve the engine. But for someone to say Petrol is a fraction near to end of fractional distillation of crude oil... That I wouldn't agree with.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Tapout(m): 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2023
drstan:

Bro, I'm science inclined and I know all the process about fractional distillation. What I'm saying here is all the final process for petrol to be ready for the public use is not ready! Or you mean after the petrol leaves it chamber to the storage facilities what follows is to sale to the public? The reason it won't be ready is not regulatory as you said, does that make sense?

Oga, pms won't be allowed to. Leave the distillation chamber
First thing I'd that once they start boiling the crude, they watch for leakage in their in ago movement... If there is none, they will do pms subsequently

There is no new depot that doesn't follow this process... There is no final process... Dpk is the only product that requires this final process depending on whether it is going to be used for domestic or aviation purposes
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2023
vikstandon:

If you say final processing or finishing of the product, I will agree with you.

Because there are other addictives that are added to petrol to aid the combustion and preserve the engine. But for someone to say Petrol is a fraction near to end of fractional distillation of crude oil... That I wouldn't agree with.

PMS. Is amongst the first to escape the heat

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by davidodiba(m): 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2023
David Hundeyin was tweeting about this delay and I thought he was off but with this, I believe him now
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by nonhuman(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2023
SmartyPants:

Have you ever undertaken any project of any sort? Even a small building? All of this is fairly normal in a complex operating environment like Nigeria. Besides, this is someone's private business so really, why should he lie to the public?
private business yet buhari was gallivanting everywhere commissioning uncomplicated structure for political gain
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by frog12: 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2023
something is not right. so they no fit continue processing and release refined PMS as they go?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by mukthar2000(m): 4:20am On Dec 12, 2023
GeneralDae:

The refinery was built to address FX issues which ultimately in the long run reduces price.
till then
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Ahmed4002(m): 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2023
SalamRushdie:

All products runs on one crude distillation unit as described in your attached picture.

But them further treatment is required for each of the cut from the distillation unit.

Like for example. The gasoline in the picture is wrong, it won't meet up the emissions standard.

It need to further go into a secondary treatment unit for example Mild hydrocracker unit or Motor spirit unit which uses the gasoline cut, naptha, Ethanol etc which are treatment to remove some the Nox, and are further blended together to achieve a higher octane number (the anti knocking properties of engine).

So the picture is just an illustration bro. Further treatment units are available.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Etranshub(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2023
Nodogragra4me:

Diesel is more important than pms.

Without diesel the poor man won't have a job, where he works

The economy runs in it not pms. Every big industry relies on it

the thread says diesel jet A1 not AGO this(diesel jet A1) is mainly used by aircraft so how many of the big industry relies on diesel jet A1 and how is it more important than pms?
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Faiththatworks(m): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2023
Omodua:
Thanks for the insight.

But with spate of ethnic-filled demolitions in Lagos state, it's risky buying a Land from you at Ibeju-Lekki close to the Dangote Refinery.

May be, when the coast is clear and grey areas that inhibit our unity are settled then one could think of buying land.

For now, non indigenes of Yoruba extraction are putting a halt in buying lands in Lagos state. After the elections, and current spate of demolitions,only an idiot will risk buying a land in Lagos state.

My brother,only an unwise investor will wait until the artificial and online tension are cleared before Investing around the Refinery.
Money is not tribalistic,it doesn't see ethnicity or religion.
Although you made some valid points,but due diligence has been done on the properties so no need to be scared of demolition.
I have it on very good authority and from very genuine sources,that a female Minister of South-Eastern Extraction who's presently in an "World Organization" bought a Whole Village on the beach front directly beside Dangote Jetty at a cost of 300,000 per plot less than 8 years ago, when I visited yesterday,a plot in that same place is selling for 15,000,000.
The Villagers really respect this person and hold her in high esteem and no one dares encroach on the property.
The best time to invest around the Refinery is yesterday,but the next best time is today.
I repeat No business person is tribalistic with money.
Still Selling in Land around the Refinery in Ibeju-lekki.
Check my signature for more details
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Omodua(m): 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
Faiththatworks:

My brother,only an unwise investor will wait until the artificial and online tension are cleared before Investing around the Refinery.
Money is not tribalistic,it doesn't see ethnicity or religion.
Although you made some valid points,but due diligence has been done on the properties so no need to be scared of demolition.
I have it on very good authority and from very genuine sources,that a female Minister of South-Eastern Extraction who's presently in an "World Organization" bought a Whole Village on the beach front directly beside Dangote Jetty at a cost of 300,000 per plot less than 8 years ago, when I visited yesterday,a plot in that same place is selling for 15,000,000.
The Villagers really respect this person and hold her in high esteem and no one dares encroach on the property.
The best time to invest around the Refinery is yesterday,but the next best time is today.
I repeat No business person is tribalistic with money.
Still Selling in Land around the Refinery in Ibeju-lekki.
Check my signature for more details
God bless Nigeria.
OK my brother.

Noted.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:30pm On Apr 28
Etranshub:
the thread says diesel jet A1 not AGO this(diesel jet A1) is mainly used by aircraft so how many of the big industry relies on diesel jet A1 and how is it more important than pms?

What is diesel JETA1?

ignoramuses everywhere

AGO is diesel and diesel is AGO
Re: Dangote Refinery: Diesel, Jeta1 Hit Market January, Petrol Delayed by Etranshub(m): 7:15am On Apr 30
Nodogragra4me:

What is diesel JETA1?

ignoramuses everywhere

AGO is diesel and diesel is AGO

Madman spotted.... Notice me! I don see u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Legalwealth Handled This Well in the End / Google Fined $2.7b For Deliberately Demoting Competitors On Their Search Engine / Naira Continues Free Fall On Official Window, Trades N1482.57/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.