Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? (6155 Views)

Fake Corper To Serve In Prison / Do You Have To Serve NYSC If You're Coming From Abroad? What Is The Cutoff Age? / NYSC: Is Kaduna A Good Place To Serve? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
I was going through some sharp-guy scenarios of how a chap could go about NOT serving in the NYSC and hence NOT being shipped up to somewhere t get your head lobbed off by boko-haramites. Given the epidemic that is obesity in some parts of the world, is there such a situation in NYSC as "Too fat to serve"?  grin grin

If so what are we looking at here in terms of weight limit?  grin
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 01, 2011
anyone? Or has this never happened before? cheesy
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by 9to5365(m): 5:45am On Nov 01, 2011
As you seem to find denigrating people fun, I hope they post you to Bornu, somewhere infested with BH boys. Maybe if you survive with a few holes in you, you will learn.
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Relax101(m): 6:04am On Nov 01, 2011
9to5365:

As you seem to find denigrating people fun, I hope they post you to Bornu, somewhere infested with BH boys. Maybe if you survive with a few holes in you, you will learn.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2011
9to5365:

I'm sorry whats your problem? 
The only one doing any denigration right now is you.  undecided
The question is a simple and valid one: Is there a weight limit to serve in the NYSC?  smiley

I'm not in naija, neither do I have to serve. I'm just laughing up some ideas for kicks (or real use, whichever comes first). cheesy
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Nov 01, 2011
I no fit laugh.

lol @ 2fat2serve

double lol @

9to5365:

Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Nobody: 2:10am On Mar 12, 2012
Nobody has sha answered this question undecided
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Kobojunkie: 2:16am On Mar 12, 2012
I no know of the NYSC, but I do know that it is possible to be too fat to serve in the US Army, Air force or Marines.
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by slimyem: 11:48am On Mar 12, 2012
funny!
Dunno if this would be a sorta clause that'd help one from dodging sevice though..
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by mcnepow(m): 12:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
You cannot dodge service on the basis of being FAT
You can only dodge participating in camp activities
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by logica(m): 12:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
2buff:

I'm sorry whats your problem? 
The only one doing any denigration right now is you.  undecided
The question is a simple and valid one: Is there a weight limit to serve in the NYSC?  smiley

I'm not in naija, neither do I have to serve. I'm just laughing up some ideas for kicks (or real use, whichever comes first). cheesy
Lol. That's the revenge of the fatso right there. The heavyweights fight back. Obviously the dude is fat. You better run before he sits on you. :p
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by juman(m): 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2012
Service is OK for any type of OROBO.
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Cuteobi(f): 12:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
There is no such thing as too fat to serve but I wonder wat happens if one is too fat to fit in those khakis and crested tshirts-What happens?
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by marcus1234: 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2012
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by slimyem: 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2012
Cuteobi: There is no such thing as too fat to serve but I wonder wat happens if one is too fat to fit in those khakis and crested tshirts-What happens?
there is an option of buying your own material and sowing to fit your size.
Those camp tailors just know how to work around those crested stuff.
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by llorisbhone(m): 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2012
Then take a sabatical leave
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2012
ehn NYSC na good chance for person wey too fat to lose weight nah grin
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2012
9to5365: As you seem to find denigrating people fun, I hope they post you to Bornu, somewhere infested with BH boys. Maybe if you survive with a few holes in you, you will learn.
LOL.
Abeg no mind Op, just love yourself the way you are and don't listen to those that mock your weight. Lol
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 12, 2012
^^I wasn't mocking anyone's weight.
Just needed some clarity on sharp-guy scenarios. grin

t'is indeed an idea I have never heard brought up so I was just wondering.
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2012
2buff darling, I know you weren't mocking the guy, I was just poking fun at his paranoia.
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by oladayo042: 5:53pm On Mar 12, 2012
Never heard of it before. Weight limit ke?
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by czay(m): 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2012
She should go use yoyo bitter
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Favben(m): 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
Omo, u go fear exemption nah, lolz... Dat question tie rapper o, but I be de wonder say shey person wey nid dis exemption don fat already or im wan becos of am fat
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Iolo(m): 11:18pm On Mar 12, 2012
@OP,

There is no official exemption for Fatness. You'd still have to go and serve but my guess is that based on the person's fitness and overall ability to withstand strenious activities in camp, such an individual may have to be a bench warmer. You'd just do a little bit of marching here and there, but not much of the serious stuff.

That's assuming the soldiers are compassionate, and I feel many of them are in such cases.
Re: Nysc: Too Fat To Serve? by Beync(f): 11:19pm On Mar 12, 2012
I think i recommend service fat people

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Is Eti-osa LG 1 / A Thread For Corpers Posted To Bayelsa / Important Items For NYSC Batch C 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.