Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN (5854 Views)

External Reserves Fall By $841m In Three Months / President Tinubu Applauds AFDB’S $520M Investment In Agro-industries / External Reserves Slides To 27 Months Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by Elsueno: 8:42am On Dec 11, 2023
Bula ba, balabu bulu bulu

Though it makes me happy to see the Aso rock animals and thier lesser agbdori@ns experience the consequences of thier tribalistic & party emi lokan bull shyt.

I won't also lie, this incompetence has really slowed down business in the whole country cry

2 Likes

Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by aimmoney9: 8:44am On Dec 11, 2023
Scein:
A good father saves when the children are hungry
A good father provides when the children are hungry........ grin grin grin grin grin

A child that is hungry today will not remember that he ate his best food or overfed yesterday....... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by Angelfrost(m): 8:44am On Dec 11, 2023
Good... Nigeria's economy is growing massively. tongue
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by symbianDON(m): 8:50am On Dec 11, 2023
Davicl:
Ok........who notice the disappearance of thiefnunbu urchins recently
they haven't been paid 2 months 30k stipend....hunger wan finish dem grin

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by FireUpNow(m): 8:53am On Dec 11, 2023
Theaster strategist is working. 😃😃Eat your 🌽 those who love it. Hehehe
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:55am On Dec 11, 2023
Agriculture Agriculture Agriculture

This is the only out.
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by comodo: 9:03am On Dec 11, 2023
May this dwindling favour me and my family
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by Okeytus(m): 9:05am On Dec 11, 2023
Despite fuel subsidy removal and dollar rate increase, Our external reserves keeps falling, who is fooling who?

2 Likes

Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 9:09am On Dec 11, 2023
what do you expect from this sycophants government

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by Niok: 9:18am On Dec 11, 2023
I wonder how much dn reach this ronus people hand,
or abi the money is been shared within the caucus and not the wretched ronu urchins killing themselves on nairaland?
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by lexy2014: 9:33am On Dec 11, 2023
Davicl:
Ok........who notice the disappearance of thiefnunbu urchins recently

the sapa is gradually resetting their brain. they can no longer stand on the mandate because of hunger. they are now lying down

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by lexy2014: 9:34am On Dec 11, 2023
Memyselfu2009:
Agriculture Agriculture Agriculture

This is the only out.

the only way out of what?

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by Faposky95: 9:50am On Dec 11, 2023
anything $$$$$, na lalongggg thing.......
there's no value attached to the voice dollars we have or seem to.......
then, why borrow and pay most of your earnings still to debt servicing......?
...so that makes you a good accountant or a dubious one...?
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by PHAYOL81: 10:02am On Dec 11, 2023
Too bad
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by Artiiclebeast: 10:27am On Dec 11, 2023
$33.396bn - $33.004bn=?

Someone with a calculator should help us, please.

It seems the CBN doesn't even understand simple arithmetic or they are struggling to balance the looted funds.

How does the difference above equal $520M?

They keep bamboozling you guys with fake figures knowing that the citizens don't read and thus never ask questions.
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by Drsnives(m): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2023
Kweeeeeeke oo.
The drug Baron is dealing with agbadorians seriously
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by Memyselfu2009(m): 11:51am On Dec 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Before oil there was agriculture as Nigeria economy.

I hope you understand
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by lexy2014: 11:57am On Dec 11, 2023
Memyselfu2009:

Before oil there was agriculture as Nigeria economy.

I hope you understand

I dont understand. you said "agriculture is the only way out".

Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by Gajagojo: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2023
Scein:
A good father saves when the children are hungry
External reserves are not savings
They are CBN assets used to guarantee the exchange rate of the Naira which is a CBN LIABILITY
They should be readily available to foreign investors e.g airlines when they want to exit the country or to importers issuing CBN credit paper based on their Naira holdings
It is FUN reserves that give confidence to the official exchange rate
It does not belong to the government.
The CBN. buys dollars from NNPC to build the reserves.
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by bjdon: 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2023
When you take over 1000 people to Dubai for Owambe Jamboree(Sorry COP Conference smiley) how will the reserves not dwindle?
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by bluefilm: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2023
Something tells me the Ronu miscreants also want to use the falling Foreign Reserves to teach Peter Obi an unforgettable lesson!

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by TruthsFM: 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2023
Tinubu destroyed Nigeria economy with his evil economic policies
Re: External Reserves Fall By $520m In Five Weeks – CBN by Achoghim: 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2023
It may be up to that amount but as someone said earlier, it is more of a loan collateral now. It can't have any real effect when the whole of it can be swept away by our creditors, that's if and when we default.
Sucre7:
Trust me the reserve is way below what they say it is. If we have up to 33bn the Naira won't be free falling as it is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Restaurant Shut Down For Serving Human Flesh [updated] / Pro-biafra Ex-militants Hijack Ship, Demand Kanu's Release / Moment Dangote's 13 Billion Dollars Refinery's Steam Generator Landed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.