Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Make A Living With A Side Hustle - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Make A Living With A Side Hustle (310 Views)

Man Who Fetches Sand For A Living In Enugu (Photos) / “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living / Oge Kate: EBSU Graduate Does Charcoal Business For For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make A Living With A Side Hustle by Ekitibiased(m): 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2023
Hello everyone, the year is rounding up

One of the major lessons for me was growing a side hustle and investing time and efforts into it. Side hustle literally sustained me alone at some point tbh. Multiple streams of income are a necessity with current realities. I have learnt not to have high expectations regarding salaries, and till date I don't really know what to say is a good salary.

I am not a civil servant with the luxury of time and freedom as is mostly the case for anyone with a side hustle. My colleagues are literally working 'crazy' hours - from one[b] 'H'[/b] to another to make more money. My approach is rather unusual - it's always been my thing to do things differently

I have had big breakthroughs in E-commerce, yeah beyond the shores of Nigeria, sold on Amazon and Ebay, significant profits and now I have explored a lot more further than that. Literally, I have become a serial entrepreneur even to my surprise. My major side hustle for the year was Teaching an Exam i passed since 3 years ago. 2023 is to be the year i set out to make an income from every possible skill i have.

My E-commerce experience was majorly Dropshipping - selling items I barely ever saw physically,I only knew platforms with items selling cheaper and of course also knowing another platform where lots of people 'trusted' to buy from which of course was the more expensive option where i sold. Still hoping to earn something from my writing and proofreading skills remotely. It's been a mentally-tasking year.

What do i do ? I am a full-time medical doctor, my skills are further beyond the hospital and the patient - my personality is suited for this in my opinion as i really enjoy it tbh. I just don't expect financial rewards from it per sey (if i was expecting in such manner - the outcome would have been frustration), but surely goodwill comes from this job.

I hope this piece encourages a few people to put their skills and knowledge to the fore. There is legitimate money online(I have personally experienced it) and I continue to pursue it.I am a hustler in my freetime when awake, Time truly is money. I am an introverted deep-thinker and analyst. The value of whatever skill and knowledge you have is relative, it's value might just be dependent majorly on who needs it, your location, packaging etc also matter though.

It's easier to make a profit offering a service than buying and selling. Nigeria needs more entrepreneurs, it's the bitter reality of today's present situation. Not everybody can Japa and believe it or not - some will never even think of it for a second, Abroad is a ratrace. I have lived abroad for 8 years. I lived in the UK for 2 years as well, living abroad is suited for couple goals (perfectly suited for a couple achieve set goals ealier). My experience abroad is a long story - that is my skill for Immigration adviser/consultant etc. Japa must be with a PLAN as i would advise anyone.

Nigerians abroad are more desperate for the business opportunities back home, but Nigerians at home complain that there is nothing within.
LEKKI is a part of Lagos where people live abroad life right here with Naija vibes.

Real Estate is a very different goldmine (I have a profitable business idea in that sector).

Enjoy the pictures below smiley smiley

Bestwishes

Dr BT

Re: Make A Living With A Side Hustle by Ekitibiased(m): 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2023
cheesy cheesy

Re: Make A Living With A Side Hustle by Ekitibiased(m): 1:49pm On Dec 11, 2023
grin grin

Re: Make A Living With A Side Hustle by Ekitibiased(m): 12:00pm On Dec 12, 2023
there's a hidden gold mine here

lucrative business idea embedded in this picture

Re: Make A Living With A Side Hustle by Berenice18(m): 1:20am On Feb 04
What you must do in 2024 if you want to grow.

Goal setting and accountability partner

If you really serious about changing your situation this 2024

Please write your plans down. At least have the discipline to do that. Success is not cheap, it requires a lot, strong mind and boldness to venture into the unknown, if you are too careful, you will remain avarage.

Dare the impossible. But first write your goal down, it helps you focus your energy.

Secondly develop the discipline to follow your set goal. Discipline is doing what you hate to get what you love. It might not be sweet now but it will produce sweet result.

It will be easier for you to develop the discipline to achieve your goal when you build a system around it, a system helps you maintain a routine of habit.

Say time you wake up, drink water, study 30 minutes, meditate 20 minutes etc.

After developing the system, focus on the system and less on the goal, the system will lead you to the goal.

Lastly, get an accountability partner. Somebody that will push you to achieve your goal, show the person your goal and let the two of you work together in achieving them. Have a time frame for the actualization of the goal.

Your accountability partner is like a watch dog over you, he or she pushes you back on track when you deviate.

Kingscircle Property NG.

+2349057I74725.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Run My Pgde Program Under National Teachers Institutes? / Digital Marketing Graduate Progam Paid Internship / Kindly Advice On Career In Travel/aviation Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.