Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits (13654 Views)

CBN Suspends COVID-Linked Loan Relief And Raises Interest Rates To 9% / CBN Suspends All Loans To NIRSAL As Corruption Scandal Rocks Anchor Borrowers, / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by nautybride: 2:11pm On Dec 11, 2023
grin
People do not take cash to banks again. There is no excess money to keep in banks. Investment has taken over since Naira has no worth.
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by breezeng: 2:22pm On Dec 11, 2023
Confused CBN. So hungry to cheat the common man with the ploy that they need revenue. Revenue that will not benefit the poor. They want to eat their cake and have it. Now they need cash to fight cash scarcity.
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by breezeng: 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2023
Confused CBN. So hungry to cheat the common man with the ploy of revenue generation. Revenue that will not benefit the poor. They want to eat their cake and have it. Now they need cash to fight cash scarcity.
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by soccerlite: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2023
post=127427977:
Very Good Development.

Slow and steady we will get to the nation of our dreams.
A land flowing with milk and honey.
God bless Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬

When buhari introduce the fee you celebrate, when tinubu remove you celebrating

I know you know how to tell this triballand mods how to ban people

You will get what you deserve before 2024
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by grandstar(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2023
Fantastic. They should go further.

They should not cancel but rather charge a small few for those who want to make huge cash withdrawals. Many parts of the country still rely on cash transactions.

A fee between 0.5-1% should suffice.

Cashless banking is here to stay.
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by pipnator00(m): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2023
So much policy inconsistency. Why can't they just think long-term.
Next week another person go come, suspend am again!
Such that you wonder, where they high on palm wine when they issued the policy?
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by GOVERNORR: 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2023
They want to collect the remaining cash in circulation.. greedy people with smart strategy
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Tonytonex(m): 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2023
silvoclaira:
Thats better

Processing charges should also be suspended in all transactions
how much was it?
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Tonytonex(m): 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2023
post=127427977:
Very Good Development.

please, what is the benefit of this?

How will it reduce the price of commodities in the market?
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by owem19(m): 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2023
You dey happy now,no be your darling daddy introduced am ehh.guy you confused but no one to tell you... coolseek for help
post=127427977:
Very Good Development.

Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Irony1: 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2023
post=127427977:
Very Good Development.

Bro it is not good, the government is going to increase rates that is the indication, so they want to make it cheap to send huge cash deposits in to the banks, but really that is leaving substance and chasing shadows. The real issue here is that there is no fiscal discipline on the part of the politicians. Who are those with stacked naira bills in their homes? is it not politicians? why is it that the government has no will to chase them?
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Niok: 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2023
dondodo:
Igbos are pained right now
this is how you know a kid raised from a wrecked broken home hahaha
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Montaque(m): 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2023
This goes to confirm the rumour of an incoming Naira scarcity.
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Jbleenk: 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2023
Very welcome idea. I once transferred 50m from my account in a bank to my account in a different bank and was surprised to see a deduction of 50k as processing fee.

When I went to complain they said its processing fee. I was gutted
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Chetas81(m): 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2023
post=127427977:
Very Good Development.

after 63 year's of independent
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Whitelion07(m): 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2023
yoniehuin:
the government is trying to mob out money from the system

once you deposit large amount of money, you cant withdraw large amount again.

the only means of sending large amount of money is through your banking apps, in the next 3-6 years, 70% of transactions will be carried out online
Is a big lie what you just analyzed.
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Winning123: 3:38pm On Dec 11, 2023
Chetas81:
after 63 year's of independent

And so. Nigeria wil be great in my lifetime by God's grace.
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by corlin2(m): 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2023
Why was it added in the first place
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Meerahbel: 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2023
Antoeni:
Mumu CBN, OPAY is Far BetterThan CBN and Other Nigeria Commercial Banks
The bolded have them a ring for their money.
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by t2luv1: 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2023
dondodo:

I guess Mama just told you that the Igbo man you have been calling Uncle is actually your Dad. On second thought no Igbo man upspring would have grown up like you that I am sure of
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by freemanq(m): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2023
This una front and back policies nawa o

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Bizibi(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2023
Some of emefiele's policies was favouring the banks.
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Bizibi(m): 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2023
Jbleenk:
Very welcome idea. I once transferred 50m from my account in a bank to my account in a different bank and was surprised to see a deduction of 50k as processing fee.

When I went to complain they said its processing fee. I was gutted
yours is better,mine was 200k.
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by tnerro1(m): 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2023
Cash that they will deposit and later when they come to collect, long story go enter the mata.
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Yusufisraelj(m): 6:31pm On Dec 11, 2023
post=127427977:
Very Good Development.

Hopefully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by googlepikins: 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2023
dondodo:

E be like Sey Igbo man fck your mama raw
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by dunski: 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2023
OkayDaddy:

This policy favours Igbo traders. They mostly handle large volumes of cash.
Then, in Northern markets too, cash is king
It’s obvious the writer is not well informed
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by patrickcollins: 8:03pm On Dec 11, 2023
post=127427977:
Very Good Development.

Your head dey pain you
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by samcolee(m): 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2023
yoniehuin:
the government is trying to mob out money from the system

once you deposit large amount of money, you cant withdraw large amount again.

the only means of sending large amount of money is through your banking apps, in the next 3-6 years, 70% of transactions will be carried out online

This is true
Re: CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits by Ahmeduana(m): 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2023
Tinubu will reintroduce a system that will be more costly twenty times than the previous one, enjoy it while it last.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How many litres of kerosene will fill a drum? Help / Fed Govt To Permanently Shut Open Drug Market By 2018 / Tony Elumelu And Aliko Dangote Hosts America's Congress Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.