Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Three Fundamental Traits You Must Have To Close All The Sales You Initiate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Three Fundamental Traits You Must Have To Close All The Sales You Initiate (1023 Views)

Access Bank Plc To Close Business By 1pm Due To Fuel Scarcity / Gtb To Close All Their Branches At 1pm Due To Fuel Scarcity / Has The Internet Affected The Sales Of Magazines And Newspapers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Three Fundamental Traits You Must Have To Close All The Sales You Initiate by philipobiz: 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2011
There was this day I had an appointment with Mr George in a financial service conglomerate.  My aim was to sell some of my MLM products to him. After getting dressed up, I looked  at the mirror, I was proud of my appearance. If I needed to see the president of my country they will allow me without hesitation the way  I was dressed. 

I set for my appointment to see Mr George. When I got to his office premises, I brought out the products meant for him and locked my car door. On a second thought  I  opened the car door and picked up additional products with the mind that before getting to his office someone along the way will buy some of my products.  As expected I was able to sell to someone before getting to his office.
While in his office  I brought out two  of the products I had in mind. While I was talking about one of them he raised an objection against it. Tactfully I was able to handle his objection and gave him an alternate product along with another  one and explained the benefits. Finally I was able to close the sale.

My  experience with Mr George  before now had played itself over and over again both in selling my MLM product and prospecting for down line without really paying attention to the factors responsible for my success  with others until he made t his remark,  “ Mr Philip You are a truly a professional marketer or a sales person. You can close 100% of all sales you initiate.” I was flattered by his statement reason been that he is a management staff, highly esteem by all based on his track records and reputation in turning around ailing branches  in the conglomerate into profitable ones. He has also attended a lot of refresher courses and read so many books.  I asked what prompted him to make that statement.  He told me three traits I exhibited in the cause of my conversation with him. He said:

1.        I WAS ABLE TO SELL MYSELF TO HIM . I will not bore you with all the explanation giving on what it means to sell  yourself but remember  what I did before leaving home. I was well dressed I looked at my  appearance at the mirror and was proud of myself and my business . If I had to see the president I  would gain entrance into his office  without being stopped on my way, and if given 5mins I will discuss my MLM business with him. I had that confidence flowing over me, I had passion for my business I was ready to go out to do what I have to do that day to move my business in the right direction for without doing  it I will not be at peace with myself ,  my attitude  was positive there was nothing like what if he does not buy. I went a step further  that I was going to sell to someone in that office  before selling to him. Had already concluded in my mind that my products have been sold to him. I had no fear of whatever obstacle will come my way because i didn’t focus my mind on such.

2.       I WAS ABLE TO HANDLE HIS OBJECTIONS .  Some of the objections he raised were to put me off. He realised that he could not since I was able to handle them nicely. One of his objections was on the first product I brought out, that he had taken it before but didn’t like the taste and feeling. I was tactfully able to show him an alternative product with a different taste. I went further to explain the benefits most especially on those that would appeal to him.  Another was I will not remember to take it. I told him to instruct  who ever is serving him breakfast to make a cup of the beverage and put on his table for him.

What are some common objections and how can we handle them?

a.       They don’t work. Give an experience or proof of what you are offering and how it is used. If you have used the product its a plus for you. The person will see the truth and conviction written over your face.  Give the person benefit of doubt. Eg money back guaranteed after using it exactly the way it should be used and it does not work.

b.      I don’t think I need them or  they are not meant for people like me. Give reason why the products are meant for everyone. Pick something in him that the product will appeal to. Think about a problem that is common to people giving a course for concern that the product can address. Perhaps  he has the problem or someone in his household  has it.

c.       I have something like this. Let the person know that what you are offering is different or unique. Explain the difference/uniqueness of your product

d.      They are expensive. Give reasons why the product is worth ever more than the amount

e.      I don’t have money. Let the person make a commitment to buy at a later date or offer on credit if credit worthy.

Note  that the principle underlying the response above apply to when you are prospecting for downlines in your MLM .

3.        I HAD FULL KNOWLEDGE OF MY PRODUCTS AND THE COMPANY I WAS REPRESENTING. That if I had discussed the business plan with him I would have been able to register him even though he knows he would not do the business.He  is absolutely  right.  I had gone through the education system of the MLM am into. Hence there  was virtually nothing I could not say about the product, company and the compensation plan.   

I once asked a bank manager if he has 3% of knowledge of the banking business would he be in his position today. This question shows how important knowledge is in doing business. Unfortunately most distributors take this for granted. They will tell you about their frustration and their inability to sell a product let alone registering a prospect. Why  will they not have this setback when they fail to get themselves grounded in knowledge.

Finally he said the most important among these three is no1 selling yourself. No 1 will help you to have no3 knowledge, which will lead to no2 handling objections.   When you have them you will be able to close 100% of sales (prospecting or retailing ) you initiate. If the person does not key in, its either he is dogmatic or does not have buying power at the moment. Through follow up you could get  these ones. I didn’t really see the big picture of no1 until I read a book shortly there after by Joe Girald the No1 Automobile sales man in the world by Guinness book of world records who was averaging six retail car sales per day and 1400 cars per year consecutively  until he retired   twelve years later.  The title of the book is “How to sell anything to anybody”.  In a portion of the book he was asked by someone,  “how where you able to sell all these cars?” He answered “I wasn’t selling cars. “Then what where you selling. He said he was selling himself that’s all he was doing.

If you are not doing anything  or you are not making a headway after joining an MLM business. Re-examine yourself. You will notice that one or all of the three things  discussed is missing in you. Until you address them you will not succeed.

http://philipobiz..com/2011/10/3-steps-to-successful.html
Re: Three Fundamental Traits You Must Have To Close All The Sales You Initiate by philipobiz: 2:35am On Dec 27, 2011
Pls can I have a feedback from you after reading?

(1) (Reply)

The Price Of Gold / How To Turn Your Handicraft Talents To A Money Spinner / Is There Any Real Online Investment Program That Pays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.