Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Blogging With Drupal Experience - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogging With Drupal Experience (625 Views)

Drupal 7 Bible Free Download (Start Building And Managing Web Sites With Drupal) / I Need Help With Drupal CKEDITOR / How To Build A News Aggregating Web Site With Drupal 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blogging With Drupal Experience by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
I have used drupal to do a lot things - school portals, company websites, e-business cards, currency exchange sites, job portals and all sorts.

But never ever a blog-site, and now that i wanted to float my own blog, i now discovered i dont even know how-to, i had to start learning that for the past 1 week or so.

I made a rather nice blog with drupal 7.8, but i had some funny errors online - so i dumped it, and rebuilt it with drupal 6.2 - which i am sure does not have the same issues as drupal 7.8. But i love that drupal 7.8, it is sleek, easier to use and has fantastic features.

After setting up the blog eventually, the next problem i faced was code filtering so i can post html codes and stuffs. I eventually found http://drupal.org/project/codefilter - which seems to solve the problem very nicely.

The said blog is still in the making - www.blog..net

And it is plugged into my sso

For now, i am a bit happy with it. I still need some more plugins and configuration. But at least it is at a stage where i can now start posting contents into it.

If you view the blog, you will notice that is meant to be a part of www..com - but it is a different app. but the template blends with .com albeit with a small difference.

If you have done blogging with drupal, please share your experience here.
Re: Blogging With Drupal Experience by dhtml1(m): 7:22am On Nov 01, 2011
I have been able to do more fixes, and upload some of my former site contents into it. It is looking better now and not so empty again.
I can now start real blogging finally. Advises are welcomed - about blogging itself - or about drupal blogging.

I dont usually do blog sites - more used to different kinds of mind-bending scripts. Still feeling a bit green here.

(1) (Reply)

Professional Webmaster + Website Manager / How Effective Is Email Marketing And Sms Marketing? / Professional Web Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.