Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,338 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC (35806 Views)

Tinubu Has Intervened In Fubara, Wike Rift - PDP Govs Forum Chair, Mohammed / ‘Be Careful’ — Adamu Warns Machina Over Yobe North Senatorial Ticket / Adamu Garba: 'To Those Celebrating The Death Of Attahiru, I Have A News For You' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by politicoNG: 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2023
Adamu Garba is an APC Chieftain

Whichever way you look at the political drama in Rivers State, it still looks like Wike is in Catch-22 position:

If he allies with Tonye Cole and wins at the Supreme Court, this doesn't mean that Cole will abandon his political alliances of the past to collapse and be subservient to Wike. This is highly unlikely.

If he allows the status quo ante to remain, Gov. Fubara will ensure that Wike has no grassroots support base in Rivers. He might not even be allowed to go to RIvers again, thereby eroding his political base. Learning from the experiences of the governors before him. A case in point is Goje vs Yahya of Gombe.

If he presented a case of PDP rigging at the courts, this may hamper the genuity of the entire 2023 election in Rivers state and could affect the entire political victory across the board, which may result in losing some of the seats of the members already sympathetic to Wike. More losses.

If Fubara on the other hand moves alongside Amaechi, the question of ethnic politics marketed by Wike and his team will be decided in favor of the governor because Amechi is already an Ikwerre man.

If Wike eventually returns to APC, the APC structure may swap to the opposition, ripping APC of core loyalists from our party in favor of new entrants. A win from one side but a loss from the other.

As it stands now, the only thing holding Wike's political capital is the seat as the FCT Minister. If he ceases to be FCT minister, the loyalty from his current team cannot be guaranteed.

Most importantly, Rivers State is a traditional PDP domain. Most of the establishments in Rivers are for the PDP, the traditional rulers are for the PDP and the people at the grassroots have been with the PDP.

In as much as our party, the APC is playing a tactical game here, we must look at things strategically. We must play our cards very well in favor of future election victories. Rivers is a rich and influential State with a high-level political maturity. We may choose to conciliate Wike where it is required, but we should not lose sight of maintaining our stronger relationship with the Rivers PDP establishment since the current governor might not be planning for any position beyond governorship in 2027.

We must be careful not to inherit some unnecessary enmity from the people we truly need in favor of some friends with unstable political capital for the sake of our future election victories.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid025L1q86h5SjXvqvLkEVoaKjDZqDTzc2vKgdR5PM7Sh9psuzYMx9icH42XTTwBPW4Ll&id=1103719094&mibextid=Nif5oz

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by Bobloco: 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2023
Fubara should go all out and crush wike

Wike is already a spent force. The only thing making him relevant is the seat of FCT minister.

173 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by honestivo(m): 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2023
Wike is struggling for political relevance

78 Likes

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by MadamExcellency: 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2023
We must be careful not to inherit some unnecessary enmity from the people we truly need in favour of some friends with unstable political capital for the sake of our future election victories.

These people are devilish, they don't care about the plight of Nigerians, they only care about election victories.

179 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by bennybuhari: 9:45pm On Dec 11, 2023
If I'm Fubara, I will deal with Wike mercilessly

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by money121(m): 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2023
Ok
Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by RabbitGuy: 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2023
Wike is really a strong man

Meanwhile watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpZXrPJN8rQ&si=y3KKQZBNOfNuLv3G

3 Likes

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by tinsel: 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2023
bennybuhari:
If I'm Fubara, I will deal with Wike mercilessly
Tell me how? With police and army on the side of Wike

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by Charmingrascal(m): 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2023
Wike will still scatter APC
Mark this!

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by YesDaddyTill203: 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2023
Bobloco:
Fubara should go all out and crush wike

Wike is already a spent force. The only thing making him relevant is the seat of FCT minister.
Just because he crushed the IPOB terrorist cannibals in Rivers?
Wicked wike the IPOB terrorist cannibal tormentor grin

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by Inspirer1: 9:53pm On Dec 11, 2023
In reality, what base has APC in Rivers state?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by verybadmouth(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2023
Now that Wike knows your plans. Stupweed Fubura

3 Likes

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by CoronaVirusPro: 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2023
Fubara should resign!

He should know its game over already!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by mascot87(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2023
The greatest mistake Fubara can make is to allow Ipob terrorists from the yeast to support him. If they do, then he is gone. Anyone those group of people support turns out to be failures

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by omoredia: 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2023
Tinubu has shown Wike the way. Just have money even if u excel in foolishness and u will go far in Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by doneback04: 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2023
2027 fubara should be careful
Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by Kris4luv(m): 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2023
If am Fubara, I will deal with awike Wikedly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by GlocusDan: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2023
Politics is a dirty game. No permanent friends, no permanent enemies.

1 Like

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by Omobude244: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2023
MadamExcellency:

These people are devilish, they don't care about the plight of Nigerians, they only care about election victories.
welcome to APC Nigeria.
Tinubu is already planning for 2027 grin
nothing concern am if Nigeria burn as long as he rule his 8yrs and get out

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by Obakoolex(m): 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2023
mascot87:
The greatest mistake Fubara can make is to allow Ipob terrorists from the yeast to support him. If they do, then he is gone. Anyone those group of people support turns out to be failures
I totally concur grin
Those set are badluck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by 22o62021: 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2023
:-XFYI
Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by Gadafii: 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2023
“Rivers state is traditionally pdp domain, …..”

What other evidence do you need that rivers was massively rigged in favor of apc in the last presidential election

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by free2ryhme: 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2023
Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by linearity: 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2023
MadamExcellency:

So na today you know that one?

I just dey laugh those Nairalanders beefing each other because the other fellow dey carry another party card!

Everybody collectively is a pawn on these politicians chase board and everybody is conveniently dispensable.

4 Likes

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by WesternPanzer: 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2023
Nigeria is burning and the concern of this very useless animal is winning future elections cry

Peter Obi if you see this, I beg you in the name of everything that is good, find a way and save the Igbo nation from that cesspit called Nigeria. Let Ndigbo decide their future. We can't continue sharing same nation with some of these animals from the North.

We need to start thinking of how to save our future generation.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by princeade86(m): 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2023
Wike will surely kill APC
Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by Streetdoctor: 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2023
I doubt if anybody will easily align wit somebody like wike. Wike is d type that if I don't get nobody else will get it.
Somebody that blasted APC, Buhari and Muslims is now shifting goal post
Wike has really created more enemies than any politician in d history of Nigeria.
U can't be in Abuja and at same time be in rivers. Wike governed for 8years without any external interference why not allow Fubara to do his own

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by Fcwilly: 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2023
Fubara should stylishly release some black information to efcc. By so doing wike will be kept busy with efcc while he plan for more things against wike

2 Likes

Re: Fubara: Wike Is In A Catch-22 Position, Let's Be Careful - Adamu Garba To APC by Thisis2raw(m): 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2023
When I read some comments here, I just shake my head
Fubara should destroy wike. You people forget so soon that, this same wike fought ameachi when he was governor and wike then was minster for state Edu, not even FCT.
You can hate wike all you want, but I can tell you this for free. You see rivers state here, Wike has who and who in his pocket.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-Rufai Holds Meeting With Teslim Folarin And Others / Buhari Snubs APC Over ‘mismanaged’ N7bn Fund. / The Unaired Part Of Aisha Buhari's Interview, By Jaafar - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.