Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,158 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Kaduna Bombing And The Hypocrisy Of The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Bombing And The Hypocrisy Of The North (165 Views)

Kaduna Bombing: FG Vows To Punish Culprits, ACF Demands GOC’s Removal / I Lost 34 Family Members To Kaduna Bombing – Resident / Will Anyone Go To Jail For The Kaduna Bombing - Death toll allegedly in the 100s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Bombing And The Hypocrisy Of The North by Pinicop(m): 8:50am On Dec 12, 2023
To any right-thinking human being, an extrajudicial killing of a single person, by anybody for any reason, is unacceptable and equally condemnable --- talkless of killing of hundred people or so, with a 'technical error' as an excuse.

To make the record straight from the early part of this piece, I will like to state clearly that I am not, in any way, trying to support or justify the massacre of 87 people and 76 hospitalized (as first reported by Kaduna state office of National Emergency Management Agency) or 120 according to the Amnesty International.

In its efforts to eliminate terrorists, the Nigerian army, had on December 3, erroneously conducted a drone attack on a religious gathering in Tudun Biri, Igabi local government of Kaduna state, wrongly analyzed the intelligence gathered, therefore mistook the attendees as Fulani terrorists. Uba Sani, the state governor blamed the incident on a lack of proper information and coordination among the armed forces.

The level of outrage the Tudun Biri incident received from different categories of northerners --- political, traditional and religious leaders, as well as individuals and pressure groups --- was overwhelming and it was far outweighed other massacres of similar magnitude or even deadlier which was occurred in the same northwest region or in northeast which was carried out by either by Boko Haram, its splinter group -- the Islamic State in West African Province (ISWAP), or by the Fulani terrorists, who are mildly and fondly called the 'bandits.'

To refresh our memories of some such atrocities, on February 2, this year (2023), 102 vigilante personnel from Guga Kakumi and Kandarawa villages in Bakori local government area of Katsina state were killed by the so-called bandits.

Despite the magnitude of the barbarity done, the people from the bereaved region silently mourned their dead. No press conferences from the gang of self-described 'voice of the voiceless'.

More via this link below:

https://evolvedreporters./2023/12/09/kaduna-bombing-and-the-hypocrisy-of-the-north/

Re: Kaduna Bombing And The Hypocrisy Of The North by chiagozien(m): 9:01am On Dec 12, 2023
Yorubas defending yoruba soldiers bombing innocent Northerners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Bombing And The Hypocrisy Of The North by Aonkuuse(m): 9:02am On Dec 12, 2023
Op people like you are the ones fueling division in this country. Leave them to mourn their love ones the way they like...... It's funny how people like you are praising Israel over invasion of Palestine but suddenly found your voice when the same thing happened in Kaduna.
Re: Kaduna Bombing And The Hypocrisy Of The North by Bliss52: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2023
cool

Unfuntunately friendly fire happens, investigation is on going

Re: Kaduna Bombing And The Hypocrisy Of The North by Pinicop(m): 9:15am On Dec 12, 2023
Aonkuuse:
Op people like you are the ones fueling division in this country. Leave them to mourn their love ones the way they like...... It's funny how people like you are praising Israel over invasion of Palestine but suddenly found your voice when the same thing happened in Kaduna.

Northern leaders didn't utter a word when, in 2017, Nigeria air force erroneously bombed IDP camp in Rann, Borno state, killing 218 innocent refugees. But this time around they found their voice.
Re: Kaduna Bombing And The Hypocrisy Of The North by Pinicop(m): 9:18am On Dec 12, 2023
chiagozien:
Yorubas defending yoruba soldiers bombing innocent Northerners.

I'm not Yoruba. And I'm also not anybody's soldier. I'm highly independent.

Does making a good analysis made me Yoruba?

Since I'm not Yoruba, please can you guess another tribe? Thank you
Re: Kaduna Bombing And The Hypocrisy Of The North by Aboks(m): 10:29am On Dec 12, 2023
Wahala

(1) (Reply)

50 Million People To Be Lifted Out Of Poverty In 42 Months, Says Minister / Emefiele Rejects Investigator’s Report, Says Allegations Satanic / No Xmas Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.