Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,228 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan (12879 Views)

Nigeria’s Food Cheapest In West Africa, Say Governors / Fired UK Minister 'wanted To Invade Africa', Say Theresa May's Allies / Ghana President Laughed Over Nigeria’s Instability, Say Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by CoolAmbience(m): 7:14am On Dec 14, 2023
festacman:
The summary of what former President Goodluck Jonathan said is that Nigeria has moved from being the giant of Africa to being the snail of Africa.

One thing is certain, Goodluck Jonathan has a hand in this sad and negative development.

He performed abysmally. And he knows this.

It is such a shame. Africa is waiting for Nigeria.

Nigeria owes the black race as her slow development is a huge setback to the entire world.
Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by Uchek(m): 8:13am On Dec 14, 2023
Agree with you!
Caseless:
We don't even have a collective national resolve that we want to make progress or grow, there's only a national resolve to steal. The resolve is, those inside should steal their own now, and those outside are waiting for their own turn to get inside the system and steal their own, too.

When those inside are out, they begin to complain about what they failed to fix while they were there, and those outside before, who are now inside stop complaining about the systemic problem or ignore them completely because it's their own turn to steal and feel insulated from our general problems. You don't talk while eating.

When they're out, they begin to complain again and the "circle" continues. That's what you see Jonathan doing now. That's what we always do.

His Goat and Yam theory is the best way to fight corruption, i've come to realize - even though he was not really serious about fighting corruption.

We have the most selfish population in the world. People hurt the system for their own gains and it's the norm.

No nation grows operating like we do and something is fundamentally wrong with us as a people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by fxexperts: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2023
spiSeyi:

And you call yourself an FX expert ? What a joke you are, check the exchange rate in early 2014 before the general election grin GEJ is the same as PMB why couldn't he maintained FX withing the range of 120-150 if he isn't a failure. PMB and GEJ are not better, a bag of rice was sold at 5-6k during Yaradua reign. Rice was sold between 10-12K during GEJ era (Meaning 90-100% increase in price PMB did almost the same by pegging Naira @400-500 while commodity price (Rice from 12k to 35k). You need basic economics and please change your Monica it doesn't befit you grin
Kids on nairaland. you must be really joking. well for your info let me furnish you the exchange rate for 2014.
here is a link go ad look for it yourself. Dont always comment on issues you know nothing about.
[url]https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/NGN-USD-spot-exchange-rates-history-2014.html#:~:text=This%20is%20the%20Nigerian%20Naira,USD%20on%2023%20Dec%202014.[/url]
Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by fxexperts: 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2023
membranus:

For justice to be fairly served, I hope you include yourself among those averagely corrupt Nigerians to be killed.
I am not the one who first called for the elite to be killed. so going by your insinuation i think you are just pained and jealous. where were you and your ancestors when those elite were making money for themselves and their children.
Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by membranus: 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2023
fxexperts:
I am not the one who first called for the elite to be killed. so going by your insinuation i think you are just pained and jealous. where were you and your ancestors when those elite were making money for themselves and their children.

Balderdash. Not making any sense.

Please find something better to do with your time.

I am through with you.
Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by Caseless: 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2023
Uchek:
Agree with you!
😎
Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by Caseless: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2023
Mayplays:
Brilliantly captured assertion. I couldn’t have typed this better myself.

Very rare to see another Nigerian that know Nigerians for what they actually are.
Thank you!

We've been through it all, so we know our attitude toward things - we excel more at doing the wrong things than we do doing the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by Caseless: 3:50am On Dec 15, 2023
Antivirus92:
guy you have changed tremendously over a period of time now.
Kudos!
Thank you, bro. Change is constant!
Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by Caseless: 3:51am On Dec 15, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Not we

Neva

U cant speak 4 me
what do you have that's different?
Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by Caseless: 3:52am On Dec 15, 2023
Kukutente23:

A northerner is beginning to see some good in Jonathan.
Hallelujah!!
Jonathan is a good guy, but too gentle to be a president.
Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by Kukutente23: 5:48am On Dec 15, 2023
Caseless:
Jonathan is a good guy, but too gentle to be a president.
Just hear yourself
I never knew presidency is for thugs
Re: Nigeria Crawls Like Garden Snails, Can’t Be Called Giant Of Africa, Say Jonathan by HellVictorinho6(m): 6:27am On Dec 15, 2023
Caseless:
what do you have that's different?

A philosophy that says no matter who you vote or dont vote, you deserve economic prosperity if you think i do as well.

I deserve to be rich whether u vote 4 me or not.
If u vote 4 me, it never means i will do ur job.
u will still have 2 do ur own job satisfactorily or be held among those responsible 4 the economic crises.

in other words,itz not about one person.

if the governors and senators dont reason like me, things wont improve even if i become president.

the rich people(which includes the rulers ,legislators and senators) have 2 ensure that the law makes my philosophy mandatory in politics/governance.

generalizations like we all wanna use someones head are needless.

u dont know how hardworking my mum has been 4rm the school as a teacher 2 the farm since i was born.
she has been teaching and farming.

she just wants a better job,she has suffered 2 much too.

u dont try to justify what a ruler is doing wrong by assuming we all wanna do it.

if the cost of governance must reduce,then the cost of every other thing including contesting an election must reduce as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

$2.1b Arms Deals: Anxiety In Jonathan’s Camp Over Likely Arrest Of More Suspects / Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption / States Nominal Gross Domestic Product (2013 – 2017) - PHASE II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.