Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,286 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly (12950 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Presents 10 Cars To Outstanding Civil Servants In Lagos / Ikpeazu Presents 2 New Houses As Official Quarters To Security Chiefs (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Presents Staff Of Office To New Oniru Abdul-Wasiu Omognbolahan Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by COMPAQ(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
shocked

#1.2 trillion for capital project

Sounds like a lot, but ya'll should remember Naira devalued by 100%.

Won't be surprised in the dollar value of 5years ago capital budget is more than today's own. Meaning it will do less.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by tollyboy5(m): 6:57pm On Dec 13, 2023
Dobodobo04:

Electric buses without electricity?

Focus should be on taking Lagos off national grid and providing regular electricity for all Lagosians first.

Sanitation… better waste management across the state from recycling to how we manage landfills, incinerations, etc. Sewers should never be dumped in water but in sewer treatment plants where they are processed and turned into clean water, which are then released back into sea. We can also provide fertiliser off it and sell to farmers.

No more human burials in properties. All dead should have designated graves or cremations. What happens if the property needs be resold?

Better road plans, with proper drainage system. Footbridge, traffic lights, with properly trained traffic enforcement officers. A family friend was recently killed by a Danfo driver in a totally avoidable situation. Traffic violators who drink drive, drive dangerously or drive cars with poor roadworthiness should be swiftly punished.

Street lights powered by solar across the whole state with CCTVs. Criminals can be swiftly apprehended and well lit roads everywhere at night. Private properties should be encouraged to have CCTV cameras too.

I must commend the metro line and yes, we need more because it’s greener and will take pressure off road, but 4th Mainland Bridge can wait.

More stable electricity, Security and road. But from what i'm seeing i dont see any serious focus on electricity issues. What i see that is been focus on is road only.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by tollyboy5(m): 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2023
COMPAQ:

Sounds like a lot, but ya'll should remember Naira devalued by 100%.

Won't be surprised in the dollar value of 5years ago capital budget is less than today's own. Meaning it will do less.
You're absolutely right. People are just making noise about the 2 trillion, the two trillion will only payoff if the recent refinery kick start and naira gains some nerves.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by Fearyourcreator: 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2023
Isobug:

Before nko?
Lagos is metropolitan. It is business hub of the nation.
The budget is even small compare to Lagos economic size.
Lagos should not be having less than N50tr sef
Ogun , porthacourt should be having nothing less than N20tr to N30tr... All this money small to cater of the population and projects, Nigeria needs so many projects ooo.... Maintenance and infrastures no be small we need... The population is far too much

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by PHAYOL81: 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2023
Alright .

GOD BLESS LAGOS STATE
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by CrossRhodes: 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2023
Omenlon:
if that is what is making Lagos progressing at astronomical rate good for Lagos.
I'm not surprised, you are standing on your brain
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by PHAYOL81: 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Lagos should not be having less than N50tr sef
Ogun , porthacourt should be having nothing less than N20tr to N30tr... All this money small to cater of the population and projects, Nigeria needs so many projects ooo.... Maintenance and infrastures no be small we need... The population is far too much

OF course but all this will only be rectified if we vigorously ensure self sufficiency in production and manufacturing that which would empower the naira against the dollars and put the value of our IGR in very good light among AFRICAN nations.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by wunmi590(m): 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2023
tollyboy5:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Governor sanwo-olu should pay and add National Union of Lagos Student (NULASS) to every yearly budget.

Thousands of student graduate without getting paid while some receive only 100 Level payment.

In fact the kind of massive embezzlement going on in Lagos scholarship board will require all alumni to come together for peace talk before

jetting to alausa to see sanwo-olu.

It is always there...

I recieved during fashola second year, I already graduated in his first year, but the bursary got paid when I was serving, we were called to come and pick our ATM 🏧.....

I collected 400k
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by flexyrule(m): 10:27pm On Dec 13, 2023
Atarakpa:
Lagos lead why others follow. The whole south south states budget is how much with their oil sef.
Lol

Without the oil in the South South, Nigeria will cease to exist.

As much as we don't like running it on everyone's face, the south south cater for the entire country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by tollyboy5(m): 12:48am On Dec 14, 2023
wunmi590:

It is always there...

I recieved during fashola second year, I already grduring his first year, but the bursary got paid when I was serving, we were called to come and pick our ATM 🏧.....

I collected 400k
When my uncle did his masters he was asked not to come back for his remaining money after writing several letters. You got yours doesn't mean that's how they flow with everyone.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by wunmi590(m): 2:38am On Dec 14, 2023
tollyboy5:

When my uncle did his masters he was asked not to come back for his remaining money after writing several letters. You got yours doesn't mean that's how they flow with everyone.

Then may be your uncle didn't follow the due process, what is he writing a letter for when he will just go to the bursary office and purchase a bursary form and card that he will fill online and interview would be conducted with him later in his school with other qualified lagos candidate..

He will be ask to provide the photocopy of his father date of birth certificate and his family house, if his name doesn't even sound like the true lagocians, he won't be given...

They will also send delegate to his family house to see if he's truly a lagocian...

They still pay bursary till today, you didn't get it doesn't mean they don't...
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by Atarakpa: 4:58am On Dec 14, 2023
flexyrule:
Lol

Without the oil in the South South, Nigeria will cease to exist.

As much as we don't like running it on everyone's face, the south south cater for the entire country.
this I know bro. But is there is no oil. The country will diversify
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by vitalisjachike4: 7:20am On Dec 14, 2023
BreakdownBreakdown...
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by flexyrule(m): 7:53am On Dec 14, 2023
Atarakpa:
this I know bro. But is there is no oil. The country will diversify
Diversify?

Funny..

Even with the abundant mineral resources, the country has refused to take their eyes off the crude oil in the ND because the crude oil is easy money.

Just discover, get foreign companies to drill, ship crude oil abroad, sell and import by-products at a loss, then use reserves as collateral for loans...

If crude oil dry today. Nigeria will cease to exist. Nobody has the time to think out of the box.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by Atarakpa: 7:55am On Dec 14, 2023
flexyrule:
Diversify?

Funny..

Even with the abundant mineral resources, the country has refused to take their eyes off the crude oil in the ND because the crude oil is easy money.

Just discover, get foreign companies to drill, ship crude oil abroad, sell and import by-products at a loss, then use reserves as collateral for loans...

If crude oil dry today. Nigeria will cease to exist. Nobody has the time to think out of the box.
with situation of happenings in the country today I agree with you 100%
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by Sofistcatdmoron: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2023
Is04970:
Lagos leads. Others follow.
bini land is great
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by Helel(m): 2:37am On Dec 17, 2023
RepoMan007:
lead in what exactly?

Dirts and slums.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by myami: 10:31am On Jan 24
tollyboy5:

There is a proper way of documenting those stuff. You cant get paid without verifiable evidence. The problem are the governors that feel its a project meant for indigene and not project to promote their ego.
So they tend to undermine the student and some people has make the student union become factional union.
hi, help me. Between solar installation and aluminum fabrication, which should I go for? I'm trying learn a skill and I understand you are a solar engineer
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by tollyboy5(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24
myami:
hi, help me. Between solar installation and aluminum fabrication, which should I go for? I'm trying learn a skill and I understand you are a solar engineer
I can't really say o! I don't think I'm the best to advice you on this. But go for aluminum if I would say.
Before you can earn quite well installing solar you must also be building inverter or selling panel.

You can't just settle down for solar installation. At least if solar work no come you go sell panel or sell inverter to people.
Go for aluminum

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Presents ₦2.2 Trillion Naira 2024 Budget To House Of Assembly by tollyboy5(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24
wunmi590:

Then may be your uncle didn't follow the due process, what is he writing a letter for when he will just go to the bursary office and purchase a bursary form and card that he will fill online and interview would be conducted with him later in his school with other qualified lagos candidate..
They still pay bursary till today, you didn't get it doesn't mean they don't...
Were from a royal family, my grandpa was the lapekun then so no much verification for my uncle.
The man running the interview is from exactly my town.
They gave my uncle 100k first, after writing letters they gave him another 100k and ask him not to try come for the last 100k balance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan To Return Home - SaharaReporters / Rivers Re-run: Police Panel Recovers N111m From INEC Officials- SR / Obaseki Insists On Probing Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.