Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,513 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) (1067 Views)

SA Police Invaded The Home Of Nigerians 'Awe' & 'Baba', Seized Drugs / SA Police Shocked As Thieves Dig Up Grave & Steal Corpse (PICS) / SA Police Officer Accused Of Killing His 2 Girlfriends Commits Suicide In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by MzansiCoolio: 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2023
The South African Police Service (SAPS) took an unconventional approach to address the rising concerns about the notorious N1 route's danger during the December holiday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi2pGTpf_r4?si=2P1dk26OjY4eKVpO

They temporarily closed the route in Limpopo province to allow sangomas (traditional healers) to perform an annual cleansing ceremony. This move aims to ensure safety for travellers during the festive season.

A TikTok video posted by @newsnexussa showing the cleansing ceremony gained traction on social media. It currently has 638,000 views and thousands of comments.

The highway footage sparked both fascination and scepticism among SA people. While some applauded the approach for spiritual protection, others argued that the real culprit behind fatal accidents is drunk drivers.

Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by illicit(m): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2023
🤨
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Felabrity: 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2023
Clowns
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by LikeAking: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2023
Felabrity:
Clowns

U no wise!

4 Likes

Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by MzansiCoolio: 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2023
Felabrity:
Clowns

I guess they wouldn't be clowns if they were clutching white man's bible in one hand, kneeling by the side of the road and praying in tongues - "casting off demons"? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Righteousness2(m): 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2023
SA seems to be moving from confusion to confusion to destruction.

You carry Sangoma aka Witches and Wizards to come to cleanse road from accidents.
You carry the Orginal blood suckers to come cleanse road.

SA needs REPENTANCE DELIVERANCE AND LIBERATION
SA LEADERSHIP needs JESUS CHRIST

1 Like

Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by MzansiCoolio: 9:30pm On Dec 13, 2023
Righteousness2:
SA seems to be moving from confusion to confusion to destruction.

You carry Sangoma aka Witches and Wizards to come to cleanse road from accidents.
You carry the Orginal blood suckers to come cleanse road.

SA needs deliverance.

First notice how in SA they're referred to as traditional healers and not "witches" and "wizards".

Before the whites colonized you in bible-brainwashed Nigeria, who was healing your ailments both physical and spiritual? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

4 Likes

Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Righteousness2(m): 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
To be Carnally Minded is Death. To be Spirtual is life.
Sangoma are Witches and Wizards. There are no modifications to it.

MzansiCoolio:

First notice how in SA they're referred to as traditional healers and not "witches" and "wizards".

Before the whites colonized you in bible-brainwashed Nigeria, who was healing your ailments both physical and spiritual? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by MzansiCoolio: 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2023
Righteousness2:
To be Carnally Minded is Death. To be Spirtual is life.
Sangoma are Witches and Wizards. There are no modifications to it.

Were they witches and wizards before the whites told you so? Who was healing your ailments before the whites indoctrinated you into their beliefs & demonized your healers?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Neddstark: 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2023
All these Mandela people sef.
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by viyon02: 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
Smart move, culture and traditional should be respected.
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by mysticwarrior(m): 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2023
Powerless sangomas.
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Felabrity: 1:46am On Dec 14, 2023
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Felabrity: 1:47am On Dec 14, 2023
MzansiCoolio:

I guess they wouldn't be clowns if they were clutching white man's bible in one hand, kneeling by the side of the road and praying in tongues - "casting off demons"? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
they would be, happy?
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by LikeAking: 3:12am On Dec 14, 2023
Felabrity:
your pàpa no wisè

Will Fela disrespect an African tradition?

U call your self Felabrity but still think like a drunk Brition..

U are a disgrace..

Wise up!

It’s obvious your parents are idiots, they didn’t teach you anything .

You don’t insult your origin…

Fool!

Enjoy your colonial chains..

3 Likes

Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by LikeAking: 3:16am On Dec 14, 2023
mysticwarrior:
Powerless sangomas.

Respect people!

If them call your own powerless you go like am?

Be wise!

1 Like

Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Felabrity: 7:23am On Dec 14, 2023
LikeAking:

I am Kennedy Emeka, I am a disgrace and a humanizer

I no wise

It’s obvious my parents are idiots, they didn’t teach me anything .

I am a fool!

I am a wretched bastard from a uselèss prostitute and drunkard father

sorry to hear bst 😔
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Janetjim1: 7:34am On Dec 14, 2023
cheesy
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Blake755: 7:59am On Dec 14, 2023
Good one let's not forget our tradition
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by mytime24(f): 8:28am On Dec 14, 2023
So SA police bliv in JuJu angry
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Floky215: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2023
MzansiCoolio:

No..not demons but imaginary ones, speaking in fake tongues and lying to hear messages from some imaginary sky God...!!!
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Floky215: 9:33am On Dec 14, 2023
mytime24:
So SA police bliv in JuJu angry

This is tradition original to Africa and an African heritage which Africans practised long before the Arabs and European brought in their confusion..!!!
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by LikeAking: 11:09am On Dec 14, 2023
Felabrity:
sorry to hear bst 😔

U be fool.
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by Felabrity: 11:28am On Dec 14, 2023
LikeAking:

I am a fool.
Alright Kenny
Re: SA Police Close Accident-Prone Road To Allow For Traditional Cleansing (PICS) by zumbigbo(m): 11:30pm On Dec 14, 2023
Niggerology

(1) (Reply)

Actress Lizzy Anjorin Accused Of Theft & Doing Fake Transfer In Eko Market (vid) / Man Rapes His Siter / Rape:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.