Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander (2613 Views)

I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji / I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money / "My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Adewale1603(m): 11:29am On Dec 14, 2023
I suggest we make use of a reputable nairalander as an escrow which he didn't subscribe to. I didn't follow up again as that was a red flag for me, he claimed to be honest that he didn't need an escrow for his service.

This is from when you loose guard. It's because he was a 419 and scammer that's why he didn't subscribe to this option, this is where you should have knew that he has something to hide and not trustworthy. All the signs were there, but you choose to ignore, probably maybe because the phone he wanted to sell, you see it as a cheap offer, since it's a distress sales compare to the real worth value
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by ghettochild(m): 12:33pm On Dec 14, 2023
Post his names n if u have his FB.
But u Bleep up.
U no deal with people wey get phone shop
They'd still have a phone for the amount u have
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Jeon(f): 12:55pm On Dec 14, 2023
Unah no dy hear word.

10 Likes

Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Miravik900(m): 1:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
Jeon:
Unah no dy hear word.

I love you
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by jboixxx: 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2023
Sorry about your ordeal, bro.
We learn daily. If not a known seller here, not a physical deal and doesn't want to do escrow, na to just look the other way, no matter how sweet the deal is.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Jeon(f): 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
undecided

Miravik900:

I love you

angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Freelancerr(m): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2023
You don do xmaas for am.

Sense like this you no get.
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by online4business: 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2023
Sara sara pare suffering's are lessons for those who refuse to learn.

Tinubulation is around the corner no lose guard oo.

E de para me when someone here is even analyzing how to spend 45k he didn't work for... Sic.

How many days will you eat 45k sef?

People prefer to eat today forget about tomorrow na WA oooo
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by LooneyLester: 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2023
Take sniper and end it quietly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Ikpunnegi01: 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2023
People are heartless and cruel no wonder the zoo called Nigeria had refused to move forward. Na country full of criminals.. Simple thing, criminality don enter am. Use Truecaller to check his phone number and report to the zoo police that's if they won't collect the remaining money wey dey your pocket. Na scammers wey full here, beware!
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by tuzle(m): 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2023
magnum247:
You were scammed cause you didn’t believe that you could be scammed by ur so called brother. Moral of this ur story : being good or bad is not selective of tribe or ethnicity, deal with everyone with the same precaution regardless of where they come from.
sometimes believing ur tribe men can't scam u because u are from the same tribe is a very poor way of thinking. 2017 I went to alaba with my uncle (note my uncle was the one who took me as I don't know anywhere in alaba). We wanted to buy a flat screen TV. So when we got to alaba, my uncle purposely ignored all the Igbo sellers until we saw some Yoruba guys who could relate with my uncle well. We selected one tv and we told them we wanted to test the TV and the guy said they dont do testing there that if we want to do testing we would have to make a deposit and they would take us to where we would test the TV. That was how we made the deposit, did the testing and found out most of the tv there are second grade. Omo this guy refuse to return our money. He told us we would have to pick one from there.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by enigma0: 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2023
IVORY2009:
Poster, you should be very careful dealing with people in a faceless forum like nairaland, from your write up, you claim to have dealed with most people without necessarily knowing them in person and it went well, this person tricked you, to believing that you guys are from same tribe, always check the person's handle, make sure it's not a new registered handle. Send his name, phone number and email address here.

I didn’t believe him cos we’re of the same tribe, I know I bleeped up, how do I salvage the situation?
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by enigma0: 6:05pm On Dec 14, 2023
jboixxx:
Sorry about your ordeal, bro.
We learn daily. If not a known seller here, not a physical deal and doesn't want to do escrow, na to just look the other way, no matter how sweet the deal is.

I learnt the hard way,
Thanks sir, I’ll contact you once I have a means to
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by enigma0: 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2023
Adewale1603:
I suggest we make use of a reputable nairalander as an escrow which he didn't subscribe to. I didn't follow up again as that was a red flag for me, he claimed to be honest that he didn't need an escrow for his service.

This is from when you loose guard. It's because he was a 419 and scammer that's why he didn't subscribe to this option, this is where you should have knew that he has something to hide and not trustworthy. All the signs were there, but you choose to ignore, probably maybe because the phone he wanted to sell, you see it as a cheap offer, since it's a distress sales compare to the real worth value

I saw all the red flags and stop contacting him then,
It wasn’t because it’s cheap offer. I bleeped up but how do I go about it
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by enigma0: 6:08pm On Dec 14, 2023
LordBiden:
@enigma0 chat me up on the contact on my signature

Can I call you?

I’ve got no phone to follow up but I’ll try to keep in contact
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Nicepoker(m): 6:39pm On Dec 14, 2023
Oh! Because he is your brother you thought he won't play you. grin
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by jboixxx: 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2023
enigma0:

If na GTBank, I know they'll do something but Fidelity/Opay? I no know. But be positive and still report a fraudulent deal case to your bank, who knows 🤷‍♂️.
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by MrOkenwa(m): 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
enigma0:

Report the account and flag the transaction at your bank. If you worry the bank well, the owner of the bank account will be tracked and whoever scammed you will be produced, that’s if he’s not the owner of the bank account.
I blv that the bank can put you through.
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Kevineleven(m): 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
Do we have escrow service here? If not, Hello Uncle Seun and moderators, let us encourage business on nairaland, include an escrow service to this forum and charge a small token, so that people won't get scammed anymore.
Any seller or buyer that refuses to use an escrow is on his own

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by noobody(m): 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2023
I chatted the idiot up too,when he first posted it,
I usually chat them up to confirm if they are legit or not,
There is one also from Ekiti who posted Redmi note 10 pro for sale in the phone and internet section,that one too I dey suspect am.
You made a serious mistake by paying him first,
He has scammed you.

Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Chasito(m): 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2023
Otilọ́
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by AbarisFather(m): 8:40pm On Dec 14, 2023
Even with evidence....you go still explain tire
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by eteebanky1: 8:43pm On Dec 14, 2023
The Day they scam one Guy on top this faceless forum to the tune of 5 million naira for a vehicle, I vowed never to deal with anyone on here

After that, I started reading scam threads on nairaland, Omo I finally gave up on this platform

All my life, I only pay for Goods online on jumia....... All other things must be physical market
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Hemart(m): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2023
Follow this step👇

Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Dougad: 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2023
Lmao

Na so I almost transfer 110K early this year give person for phone 🤣. Only me give myself sense Waka go slot buy wetin I want
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by enigma0: 6:50am On Dec 15, 2023
MrOkenwa:

Report the account and flag the transaction at your bank. If you worry the bank well, the owner of the bank account will be tracked and whoever scammed you will be produced, that’s if he’s not the owner of the bank account.
I blv that the bank can put you through.

Thanks, I'll do as you said and hope for the best
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by enigma0: 6:52am On Dec 15, 2023
jboixxx:
If na GTBank, I know they'll do something but Fidelity/Opay? I no know. But be positive and still report a fraudulent deal case to your bank, who knows 🤷‍♂️.

I'll report the case,. I don't know about Fidelity also, I've got issues with it which I haven't rectified so I did it through Opay
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by enigma0: 6:58am On Dec 15, 2023
Hemart:
Follow this step👇

Thanks so much for this

1 Like

Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Michealeni: 9:42am On Dec 15, 2023
Follow the instructions on this page and see if it will work https://twitter.com/abdullahayofel/status/1735249200244244527
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Michealeni: 9:43am On Dec 15, 2023
enigma0:

I'll report the case,. I don't know about Fidelity also, I've got issues with it which I haven't rectified so I did it through Opay
Check out this instructions if it will work
https://twitter.com/abdullahayofel/status/1735249200244244527
Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by JasonNOTStatham: 11:15am On Dec 15, 2023
enigma0:

Can I call you?

I’ve got no phone to follow up but I’ll try to keep in contact
You want to be scammed multiple times!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander by Chibuzoripob: 10:26am On Dec 16, 2023
sad go to Zenith bank and report him.Hope u aren't trying to cover the BASTARD.? Give us his moniker, his full name,pic.We'll trace his fbk and bombard his page. May PEACE elude ALL CRIMINALS here
enigma0:

I learnt the hard way,
Thanks sir, I’ll contact you once I have a means to

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Latest Idd Promo N7.80k/min / Why Is Etisalat Always Having Network Problem? / Share Cheapest Browsing Tweaks Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.