Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji (5573 Views)

Help: I Got Duped By A Nairalander / I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by bravoluv83(m): 6:12am On Nov 06, 2021
Please pardon my long script, I really need answers and advise
On the 29th Oct. 2021 I made a search on Jiji and saw a galaxy A32 (2months old) for 90k (distress sale according to the seller), we agreed and she sent the phone to via dispatch rider, I checked the phone and it was ok so I transferred her money to her, after a day a message popped up saying the phone was purchased on loan from M-Kopa, I was bothered so I called her and explained what I saw but she said she didn't purchase it from M-Kopa, subsequently, the phone was blocked and she asked me to return it and be refunded but little did I know that she wanted to scam me, I returned the phone through a dispatch rider and till date she refused refunding my money and she blocked me, she stopped using the number I was contacting her with.
According to her she stays at Igando axis in Lagos, I tried using Google find my phone app and that was the same axis I got from the search before she wiped the phone clean.
I was able to get hold of the phone IMEI number, and I plan on either tracking the phone or destroying it using the IMEI number, sometimes I want to forget and move on but it's really difficult.
Please if you have experienced something like this advise me on what I should do because I'm devastated.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:30am On Nov 06, 2021
You mean u sent the phone back to her without collecting your money back first?

Omo....

Sorry to say o.

Omo you no wise oh.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by SportsHD: 6:34am On Nov 06, 2021
[s]
xxxtedyxxx:

Omo....

Sorry to say o.

Omo you no wise oh.
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by NobleSeed(m): 6:36am On Nov 06, 2021
shocked shocked
Bro you bleep up Big time,why you go send phone back with dispatch Rider and expect to get your money back in your absence? No na.
Even if you want to take that route you would have tell the dispatch rider not to give him the phone on the ground that your money be transfer to you back...
90k this period no be moi moi ooh.
Next time Play more safer,some people can't be trusted again when it involves money matter!!
If tumoro now him run mad them go dey shout village people nonsense..
Sorry for your ordeal .
Modified: chances of that person being a female is very slim undecided if na guy man op no go try am ..na format the person use for am .na guy man run you street.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by bravoluv83(m): 6:38am On Nov 06, 2021
That's your opinion, but it's out of context because that is not the reply I need now, about being wise ? I'm very wise just had no idea or clue that she wanted to do something like that
xxxtedyxxx:

Omo....

Sorry to say o.

Omo you no wise oh.

11 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:41am On Nov 06, 2021
Oga soji yourself. never looseguard.

I guess you let your guard down because she is female.

There is nothing you can do, unless you have lots of cash to involve police and telecom networks.

Count your losses and move on.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by EZEUDENE(m): 6:44am On Nov 06, 2021
70yrs old man
Your mumu no too much?
Now they have left you behind��

14 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by house10s: 6:46am On Nov 06, 2021
ehya mistake made as u give d rider u collect ur money
Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by NobleSeed(m): 6:46am On Nov 06, 2021
EZEUDENE:
70yrs old man
Your mumu no too much?
Now they have left you behind��

4 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by bkool7(m): 6:47am On Nov 06, 2021
What has happened has happened? I hope you've learnt your lesson

Has she also deactivated her Jiji profile?

What about the dispatch rider, do you have his contact?

If not, with her phone number you can trace her.

Did you pay cash or transfer?

Is the dispatch bike branded....what company?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by bkool7(m): 6:50am On Nov 06, 2021
Reminds me of a phone I tried buying on Jiji

The seller posted it as brand new

But later said he open to take pictures. How's is that brand new again I asked him?

Though I like the phone but his dishonesty was a red flag

5 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by bkool7(m): 6:54am On Nov 06, 2021
Come to think of it, if she buys a phone on credit, aren't they supposed to take the money onceb her bank is credited?
Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by espn(m): 6:58am On Nov 06, 2021
bravoluv83:
Please pardon my long script, I really need answers and advise
On the 29th Oct. 2021 I made a search on Jiji and saw a galaxy A32 (2months old) for 90k (distress sale according to the seller), we agreed and she sent the phone to via dispatch rider, I checked the phone and it was ok so I transferred her money to her, after a day a message popped up saying the phone was purchased on loan from M-Kopa, I was bothered so I called her and explained what I saw but she said she didn't purchase it from M-Kopa, subsequently, the phone was blocked and she asked me to return it and be refunded but little did I know that she wanted to scam me, I returned the phone through a dispatch rider and till date she refused refunding my money and she blocked me, she stopped using the number I was contacting her with.
According to her she stays at Igando axis in Lagos, I tried using Google find my phone app and that was the same axis I got from the search before she wiped the phone clean.
I was able to get hold of the phone IMEI number, and I plan on either tracking the phone or destroying it using the IMEI number, sometimes I want to forget and move on but it's really difficult.
Please if you have experienced something like this advise me on what I should do because I'm devastated.
Oga be smart now...simply tack the dispatch rider...At least he called you with a number...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by Cutecharlz(m): 6:58am On Nov 06, 2021
Shit happens...but how was the phone blocked?
Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by bravoluv83(m): 7:01am On Nov 06, 2021
Except say them use woman do the business, because from day 1 na woman I dy speak with both on WhatsApp call and normal call, I think it's woman, man no Dy involve.
When misfortune hit her now dem go call devil forgetting that karma is a bitch
NobleSeed:
shocked shocked
Bro you bleep up Big time,why you go send phone back with dispatch Rider and expect to get your money back in your absence? No na.
Even if you want to take that route you would have tell the dispatch rider not to give him the phone on the ground that your money be transfer to you back...
90k this period no be moi moi ooh.
Next time Play more safer,some people can't be trusted again when it involves money matter!!
If tumoro now him run mad them go dey shout village people nonsense..
Sorry for your ordeal .
Modified: chances of that person being a female is very slim undecided if na guy man op no go try am ..na format the person use for am .na guy man run you street.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by bravoluv83(m): 7:02am On Nov 06, 2021
Cutecharlz:
Shit happens...but how was the phone blocked?

1 Share

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by 22o62021: 7:06am On Nov 06, 2021
Contact your bank and her bank to revert the money

Or flag her account

7 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by bravoluv83(m): 7:08am On Nov 06, 2021
She used goKada to send the phone to me, she deleted all her adds from Jiji, I have d number of the dispatch rider but I haven't been able to reach him
bkool7:
What has happened has happened? I hope you've learnt your lesson

Has she also deactivated her Jiji profile?

What about the dispatch rider, do you have his contact?

If not, with her phone number you can trace her.

Did you pay cash or transfer?

Is the dispatch bike branded....what company?

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by bravoluv83(m): 7:11am On Nov 06, 2021
Can that money be reversed ??
22o62021:
Contact your bank and her bank to revert the money

Or flag her account
Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by Adenugbaraphael(m): 7:11am On Nov 06, 2021
Get in touch with the police and report to the bank the lady uses to explain the issue so that they will freeze her account. Whenever she comes to the bank for complaint, you and the police would be alerted from the her bank.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by bkool7(m): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2021
bravoluv83:
She used goKada to send the phone to me, she deleted all her adds from Jiji, I have d number of the dispatch rider but I haven't been able to reach him

With all these info, you can get her with police help but since corruption is rampant it'll cost you money.
Or try tracing the dispatch and tell him ur story. Maybe he can locate her for you.
Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by bravoluv83(m): 7:36am On Nov 06, 2021
Ok thank you, although I don't have money for police people, I will reach the bank
Adenugbaraphael:
Get in touch with the police and report to the bank the lady uses to explain the issue so that they will freeze her account. Whenever she comes to the bank for complaint, you and the police would be alerted from the her bank.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by Freighthost: 7:41am On Nov 06, 2021
Try n go o store next time to buy a phone pls

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by GraphicsMaster1: 7:47am On Nov 06, 2021
bravoluv83:
Ok thank you, although I don't have money for police people, I will reach the bank
That 90k will settle the police and you will still have change.
Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by Yewandequeen(f): 7:52am On Nov 06, 2021
GraphicsMaster1:
That 90k will settle the police and you will still have change.
did you try reaching out to the dispatch rider you used in sending the phone back? At least he might know the thieves house.

And I think you should post the account details you made transfer to.
Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by Brushstrokes20: 7:57am On Nov 06, 2021
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it!.... undecided

Too many crooks litters the cyber space...

May the criminal be found!
Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by chicoMX(m): 7:58am On Nov 06, 2021
It would cost you at least 150k buy a new Samsung A32...

Omo OP. Just learn your lessons, and move on
Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by Lamanii22(f): 8:06am On Nov 06, 2021
You shouldn't have returned the phone just like that... But I won't blame you much cause you trusted her after the first transaction was successful....
Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by HornyTave: 8:08am On Nov 06, 2021
bravoluv83:
That's your opinion, but it's out of context because that is not the reply I need now, about being wise ? I'm very wise just had no idea or clue that she wanted to do something like that

you're not wise, you only seem wise.

One rule of the street is always believe people want to scam you, your family members inclusive.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by HornyTave: 8:14am On Nov 06, 2021
if you want to follow the law, do it now but if an backyard u wan use, give her like 1 week, use another number call the delivery man, say u get pick up for another location entirely, then arrange boys wait for the delivery man.
the man go take Una meet the gal

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji by Swaylore: 8:21am On Nov 06, 2021
chicoMX:
It would cost you at least 150k buy a new Samsung A32...

Omo OP. Just learn your lessons, and move on

No sir. Around 110k will buy you brand new

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy / Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS / Cool Movies To Watch To Make Your Weekend Interesting - Direct Download Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.