Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike (500 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Peter Obi And Wike (Throwback) / Late Chief Konam Porbeni Reburied In Aduku In Bayelsa State.. / Between Governor Masari And Pot-Bellied Permanent Secretary. See Reactions (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by Papparassi: 11:33am On Dec 14, 2023
Open letter to Governor Siminilaye Fubara (GSSRS) and FCT minister, Chief Ezenwo Nyesom Wike (CON, GSSRS)

I write this letter in all sense of responsibility as an Elder Statesman in Rivers State and Nigeria.

I worked in the Brick House, with Governor Alfred Diette Spiff, the first Military Governor of Rivers State as a Sub lieutenant in 1971, I also worked with (Retired) Admiral Sulieman Saidu, the Military Administrator of Rivers State in 1978 when he was COMMANDING officer of the NNS AKASO. I was the Lieutenant Commando and Executive officer of the NNS AKASO and his Defacto next in COMMAND when he was military Administrator of Rivers State in 1978. Furthermore, former Rivers State Governor, (Retired) Col Dauda Komo (1994 – 1996) worked with me, when I was a member of the PRC, Provisional Ruling Council And Flag Officer, Eastern Naval Command, I therefore have reasonable knowledge of the BRICK HOUSE.

It baffles me that what happened between former Governor(s) Rotimi Amaechi and Nyesom Wike in 2017 is now repeating itself in the person of Nyesom Wike now FCT minister and Governor Siminilaye Fubara.

As an Elder statesman with experience in Rivers state history and investment(s) in Rivers state, I here by call for reason and peace between current, Governor Siminilaye Fubara and FCT minister in the person of Nyesom Wike.

Peace is the linkage between Development and Democracy.

There is need for peace in Rivers state to attract investment and development.

When I left public office in 1999 as a Federal minister, Rivers state was higher than Lagos interms of investment opportunities when embassies and Federal ministries relocated to newly created FCT, Abuja.

However because of the development accumen of President Bola Tinubu who was then Governor of Lagos. He was able to attract development and peace to Lagos by creating the right atmosphere for investment. Today Lagos economy is the 5th largest in Africa

In conclusion. I urge Governor Siminilaye Fubara and the FCT minister, Chief Nyesom Wike to put aside thier ego and put Rivers state first before personal interest(s)

God bless Nigeria. God bless Rivers state. God bless the Ijaw nation.

Signed.

Admiral Festus Porbeni.(mni, CFR) Retired.
Re: Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by Fuckyoumod: 11:53am On Dec 14, 2023
Who is Pobeni? And what's his business with Rivers politics?

Make una respect una self ooh
Re: Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by Ance4Liverpool: 11:56am On Dec 14, 2023
Nothing like peace for now,Wike should be disgrased politically if i where fubara i will go and bring Rotimi Amechi closer in other to help in dealing with wike wotoworosly.

2 Likes

Re: Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by pquaver(m): 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2023
Papparassi:
Open letter to Governor Siminilaye Fubara (GSSRS) and FCT minister, Chief Ezenwo Nyesom Wike (CON, GSSRS)

I write this letter in all sense of responsibility as an Elder Statesman in Rivers State and Nigeria.

I worked in the Brick House, with Governor Alfred Diette Spiff, the first Military Governor of Rivers State as a Sub lieutenant in 1971, I also worked with (Retired) Admiral Sulieman Saidu, the Military Administrator of Rivers State in 1978 when he was COMMANDING officer of the NNS AKASO. I was the Lieutenant Commando and Executive officer of the NNS AKASO and his Defacto next in COMMAND when he was military Administrator of Rivers State in 1978. Furthermore, former Rivers State Governor, (Retired) Col Dauda Komo (1994 – 1996) worked with me, when I was a member of the PRC, Provisional Ruling Council And Flag Officer, Eastern Naval Command, I therefore have reasonable knowledge of the BRICK HOUSE.

It baffles me that what happened between former Governor(s) Rotimi Amaechi and Nyesom Wike in 2017 is now repeating itself in the person of Nyesom Wike now FCT minister and Governor Siminilaye Fubara.

As an Elder statesman with experience in Rivers state history and investment(s) in Rivers state, I here by call for reason and peace between current, Governor Siminilaye Fubara and FCT minister in the person of Nyesom Wike.

Peace is the linkage between Development and Democracy.

There is need for peace in Rivers state to attract investment and development.

When I left public office in 1999 as a Federal minister, Rivers state was higher than Lagos interms of investment opportunities when embassies and Federal ministries relocated to newly created FCT, Abuja.

However because of the development accumen of President Bola Tinubu who was then Governor of Lagos. He was able to attract development and peace to Lagos by creating the right atmosphere for investment. Today Lagos economy is the 5th largest in Africa

In conclusion. I urge Governor Siminilaye Fubara and the FCT minister, Chief Nyesom Wike to put aside thier ego and put Rivers state first before personal interest(s)

God bless Nigeria. God bless Rivers state. God bless the Ijaw nation.

Signed.

Admiral Festus Porbeni.(mni, CFR) Retired.

I have obidients can read and understand the bolded? Everytime FCT developed lagos.. ... Hope u can read well..
Re: Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by Dubetex96(m): 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2023
Agreement is Agreement!!!!

Sim fubara 3 - 0 Hitler of obiakpor

Anything that can bring pain and sorrow to the Hitler I will support it with my full chest.
Re: Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by Philistine(m): 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2023
We don't want peace; we want problems.
Re: Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by Papparassi: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2023
Wike has lost this battle..
Re: Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by hisexcellency34: 5:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
Festus stay away from this. We want to crush Wike totally
Re: Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by Papparassi: 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
BREAKING: The caretaker committee chairman of the APC in Rivers State, Tony Okocha, has said President Tinubu’s move to end the rift between the state governor, Simi Fubara and the FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike has collapsed as crisis in the state has continued to fester.

Addressing a press conference at the APC national secretariat on Thursday in Abuja, following the developments in the state, including the peace move by Tinubu to end the strained relationship between Fubara and Wike, Okocha said, “I wasn’t part of it, but whatever that was it, has broken down, and it has been broken irreconcilably.”

He also said the four members of the state House of Assembly led by the factional Speaker, Edison Ehie, who sat and passed the budget presented to them by Governor Fubara for the 2024 fiscal year were dwelling on illegality, saying their action would not stand.

Okocha said the APC was wooing Wike to defect to the party, stressing that as soon as he becomes a member of the APC, he would become the party’s leader in the state.
Re: Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by Papparassi: 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
Irreconcilable
Re: Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by FreeStuffsNG: 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
Who is Pobeni? And what's his business with Rivers politics?

Make una respect una self ooh
Smh. You are being utterly disrespectful and it's not funny.

Re: Retired Admiral Festus Porbeni Calls For Peace Between Governor SIM And Wike by Fuckyoumod: 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Smh. You are being utterly disrespectful and it's not funny.
Oyedepo was referring to jobless youths like you.

(1) (Reply)

How Can Any Good Leader Have The Money To Run For Presidency In Nigeria? / In This World Before Them Use You, Use Your Sense. Aisha????? / Mend Statement:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.