Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members (50088 Views)

Female Lieutenant Pours Dirty Water On Corps Member In Calabar / Female Corper's Khaki Trouser Ripped During An Exercise At NYSC Camp / Kebbi Corpers Decamped For Smoking Weed And Other Drugs At NYSC Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by subcbouy: 7:19am On Dec 15, 2023
It is only in a zoo that an army will be harassing people it should protect. How dare an Army slap another human because of not in a lecture?

1 Like

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Tonnyray: 8:10am On Dec 15, 2023
The crass indiscipline of today's youth is a far greater tragedy than the brutality of the military.
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by ogbonti: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2023
MajorB009:

So in all the nonsense you wrote up there is physical assault the solution to this "indiscipline"?

You just type like who no get sense.

shorrop there Mr SABI SABI, there are 2 sides to every story, that is why in the law of natural justice, we have the maxim, "audi alteram patem" - which is hear the other side. Have you heard the other side? have you listened to the account of the so called "erring" officer? - You come here ranting?

HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF THIS SCENATIO?: what if the Officer politely asked the guy to leave, and in order not to feel small before the girl (food seller, he probably was toasting, since they were there gisting) and he talked disrespectfully to the officer; using belittling adjectives on him and the officer retaliated ? I am not excusing whatever the officer did, but have you heard his own account?

Just like the world accused Zinedine Zidane of head butting Gatusso in the Finals of the 2006 World Cup - who many believed contributed to France's failure to lift the World Cup after he was shown the red card - I blamed Zidane, I was supporting France BUT when I heard his own account that Gatusso called his mom a prostitute to his face, then I knew 9 out of 10 men will react without thinking. We all have blood flowing in our veins. That is why in law - we have MURDER and MANSLAUGHTER. IF that NYSC boy was in the lecture room, where his colleagues are, will this assault happen?

You come to nairaland, laced up in primitive emotions to judge someone based on woke sentiments and you have the nerve to rant ? Have you seen NDA (Nigerian Defense Academy) training video? do you see what cadets go through in their first year (not 21 days like in NYSC camp, but 365 day?) That is not assault, that is humiliation and I cant go through that - I thought it was a Nigerian thing until I watched the US Seals and US Marines cadet drill and there I realized that any MILITARY or PARAMILITARY camp comes with tough rules and crazy expectations. It is not a tea party - NYSC CAMP is not only for taking pictures and collecting allawee, IT IS WHERE SOME LEVEL OF DISCIPLINE, which your parents failed to give to you at home are enforced!

You are just an eediotttt@
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by AminaAk(f): 9:35am On Dec 15, 2023
allen113:
I don't need to read the whole story to know that the Corp member must have been at fault.

But come to think of it military personnel at Obubra camp were nice to us back then in Cross River State.
Most of the Abuja corps members are ajebo children who disrespect everybody around them. It's possible the spoilt brat didn't acknowledged the presence of the officer while others were leaving in a hurry to avoid wahala which provoked the officer. However, the officer should have used the appropriate disciplinary measures instead of physical assault.

2 Likes

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by rubyjan(f): 9:38am On Dec 15, 2023
Namaster:
Kill NYSC now!

Kill ke? shocked why not murder? Infact kukuma assassinate NYSC grin

1 Like

Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Whatisurproblem(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2023
Johnycastro18:
This is bad sad
the purpose of NYSC has overstay it's welcome, you carry who is trained to kill to control civilian, he's looking at them as target all the time
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Johnycastro18: 10:52am On Dec 15, 2023
Whatisurproblem:
the purpose of NYSC has overstay it's welcome, you carry who is trained to kill to control civilian, he's looking at them as target all the time
that is just it.....

They see this corpers as bloody civilians to be manhandle, which is bad.
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by bejick(m): 11:20am On Dec 15, 2023
Offpointng:

When was the last time you visited the above state to bring bout ur assertion that Boko haram dey do Army dirty??

reason why I called you ignorant

We need to take our Country back, Nigeria problem is those at the helms of affairs they dont want anything to work in Nigeria Imagine the amount Wike is using to renovate VP and Agbajajiamila House 15+10=25Billion Naira. Una oga for Military sidon dey look like ogbolo cos they done use money scatter their mouth while the ranks and files are in the bush dying like flies.
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Offpointng: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2023
bejick:

We need to take our Country back, Nigeria problem is those at the helms of affairs they dont want anything to work in Nigeria Imagine the amount Wike is using to renovate VP and Agbajajiamila House 15+10=25Billion Naira. Una oga for Military sidon dey look like ogbolo cos they done use money scatter their mouth while the ranks and files are in the bush dying like flies.

You get the gist and it's so sad really
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by ogbonti: 3:42am On Dec 16, 2023
MajorB009:

So in all the nonsense you wrote up there is physical assault the solution to this "indiscipline"?

You just type like who no get sense.

your fada!!!!
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Ambassadors: 12:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
My children can never do NYSC
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Fujiyama: 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2023
undecided

This thread has had page after page of some degenerates justifying and rationalizing the indefensible.

And yet...within the last 48 hours, over 112 souls perished in midnight attacks in several council areas in Plateau State. The military were unable to kill or capture even one of the terrorists. undecided

And to some creatures...'lazy' youth corpers and 'disrespectful' civilians are Nigeria's only problem. undecided

For several years now, terrorists have mapped out late December and early January for large scale slaughter of poor defenceless Nigerians who are just trying to survive in an extremely wicked, uncaring country. One would think that by now, the military should have a strategy to prevent these attacks. Well...obviously not. undecided

Instead of taking care of the real threats - the Nigerian army spends valuable airtime in clashes with corp members, LASTMA, police etc. over...nothing.

RIP to Plateau State's dead. Their country and its security forces failed them.
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:46pm On Jan 14
Who give am this kind endurance Trek as PPA assignment. undecided
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by Hannania(m): 2:15pm On Jan 16
Opportuneke:
This is my take on this issue…

The military is military any day anytime πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
Military works based on instructions and order πŸ’―

Why will you be in mammy when you were supposed to be receiving lectures, πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ That’s arrant nonsense, it’s indiscipline.

You don’t flout orders and think there won’t be consequences.

I served as far back as 2012 in Enugu state, Udi local government precisely during the days of Sullivan Chime as the governor.

Don’t come online to tell us bullshit πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

This so called woke generation are so indiscipline and leverage on social media as a tool of defense while playing the victim card.

I pity for this generation.

Nobody will harass you if you are discipline and adhere strictly to instructions.πŸ‘

After five years of postgraduate experience, I got to know how the military operates because I eventually became a member,πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ then you would realize that most of the things done out there are totally unacceptable because everyone tends to claim rights and freedom πŸ‘ŒπŸ»
Visit any military formation and see for yourself, they are always organized just because there’s law and order.

πŸ‘‰πŸΌπŸ‘‰πŸΌπŸ‘‰πŸΌHowever, I detest harassment as the case may be. But the media didn’t really propagate the real cause of the chaos.πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

We have all seen the kind of society we live in,πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ moral decadence has taken over the climes.

The children of this generation πŸ€”have no regards and respect for their elders all in the name of woke generation

Let’s always have it at the back of our mind that without an action, there can’t be reactions πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

In as much as the camp commandant maybe redeployed for going too far, I also foresee that the corp members in question may as well face dismissal or withdrawal from camp based on indiscipline πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

I rest my case.

You are free to speak bro.

I have spoken πŸ™ŒπŸ»

Kindly go through my write ✍🏻 up again, this time slowly please and without emotions πŸ™πŸ½

Kindly point out a place in my write up where I supported brutality and harassment πŸ€”

Was there a place I sided with harassment or brutality of any kind in my write upπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Please read again 🀭

I really appreciate your input, of course I don’t expect majority to agree with my point of view πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

However be reminded that the same Nigerians who have refused to obey LAWS AND ORDER in their own country and decided to travel out have been compelled to obey the laws of those countries they migrated to πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Those countries we all rush to because they are developed actually got to that stage because they are disciplined and they respect laws and order. πŸ™πŸ½

You made a salient point, we are not in junta however a sick corp member should report at the sick bay where he/she will be taken care of and can as well be given a medical paper stating the conditions of his health.

Assault is never an option, the camp commandant may have gone out of the box in addressing this issue.

You just stated that you served and never witnessed such situation, exactly my point, πŸ‘ something must have transpired. It’s just unfortunate the issue is not well handled.

Talking about soldiers welfare and wellbeing as well as military operations just like you mentioned sambisa, hmmm I will like to tell you that, if you think you know anything about the military, you don’t know shit.

Nigeria is gifted, Nigeria’s military is one of the strongest fighting forces on earth but there are somethings better left unsaid.

This is a discussion for another day πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

GOD BLESS NIGERIA πŸ™ŒπŸ»
Your type are meant to be in Sambisa to be wasted. You can show force on civilians but act cowardly to real terrorists. Just take a look at how you've displayed abrupt myopic view.

I don't expect more sha, it's the way every jack and harry is accepted to security agencies in Nigeria.
Re: Chaos At NYSC Abuja Camp: Alleged Assault By Commandant On Corps Members by TrustNone: 11:22pm On Mar 03
rubyjan:

Kill ke? shocked why not murder? Infact kukuma assassinate NYSC grin
hi what's up?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna Corpers Backing Their Bed Like Baby After Waking Up Late. Photos / Six Couples, 2019 Corpers Who Got Married (Photos) / I Need Advice On What To Do With My N300k Savings From Allaweee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.