Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim (12879 Views)

NLC Writes FG, Dismisses Claims Of 80% Agreement Fulfilment / FG Dismisses Coup Fear, Ex-generals Warn Politicians Again Bad Governance / FG Dismisses Report Of Execution Of Nigerians In Saudi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by waveman2: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2023
Nigeria slaves to the west.IMF will not give loans if nigeria still pay subsidy,they like the suffering nigerian are passing through,they are not talking about our foreign exchange all which would solve our problems 85% if addressed.
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Chetas81(m): 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2023
WORLD BANK 🏦 AND IMF SUPPOSED ASKED NIGERIAN WHAT THEY DO WITH BORROWING MONEY, IF THEY REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by ViceGovernor: 7:41pm On Dec 14, 2023
opamoses1:
Okay. We in Benin Republic, Cameroun, Chad, and Niger republic wants the Nigerian government to bring back subsidy.
Omo Benin no more kpayo for una again.

Epo ofe la finito 😌
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by magzey: 7:51pm On Dec 14, 2023
Pakute:

Ok na, it is absolute wickedness ontop say President Tinubu commot subsidy but una don quick forget say the Agulu fraud been also campaign to commot subsidy. When Agulu fraud dey chestbeat ontop say e go remove subsidy, una dey open teeth dey clap for am. But i know say your bitterness is because na Tinubu win, you wished it was Obi.
I have one news for you, that Agulu fraud will never become the President of my dear country, i like to see that una bitterness continue to dey burn una wella.
you don finished them wella Chai !!! grin grin grin

Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Ate247(m): 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2023
nairalanda1:
cheesy

APC and self deceit.

Landing cost of fuel early October was 720 naira.

Fuel price is between 580 and 700 naira.

Let them not make me laff like hyena
done mind all this senceless supporters. FG still pays for subsidy. Landing cost has increased from 720
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:12pm On Dec 14, 2023
Lies kee u FG..... no worry one day is one day.......

You will surly become busymeat...
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Ofunaofu: 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
Pakute:

Yeah, govt still dey pay subsidy in certain areas e.g subsidy still dey on electricity but the subsidy on petrol is gone, down inside the lagoon. No more fuel subsidy.

The subsidy for electricity means that they are subsidizing darkness
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by PHAYOL81: 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2023
Hopefully so
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Fujiyama: 8:52pm On Dec 14, 2023
Pakute:
Yeah, govt still dey pay subsidy in certain areas e.g subsidy still dey on electricity but the subsidy on petrol is gone, down inside the lagoon. No more fuel subsidy.

^^^
There is a subsidy on PMS. You know this.

The facts don't care how you feel.
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by IbeOkehie: 8:56pm On Dec 14, 2023
Current Price of Petrol on the world market as of today, Dec 14 2023 = $2.20 per gallon or $0.55 per liter. Anyone can look this up on any financial website, IT'S NOT A SECRET.

$1 = 1220₦ so $0.55 = 660₦

This means the current price of petrol in Nigeria should be ₦660 per liter.

We can give some allowance, plus or minus, for local sourcing, price lag, transport to different locations and other costs.

A good guess is that the true cost of fuel in Nigeria without subsidy is at least ₦600 to ₦720 per liter.

So is the general price of petrol in Nigeria around than ₦600?

If the price is less than ₦600 , we can say for sure that the Federal Government is still paying a subsidy for petrol in Nigeria. That's the fact, the absolute truth...and it doesn't matter if you support subsidies or not.

Remember, the leaders of this same party currently in control of government also told us in from 2011 to 2015 that "there is nothing like fuel subsidy, fuel subsidy doesn't exist." They've started again. With their record, I'm inclined to believe the World Bank, not the Federal Government.

If you're a Nigerian reading this, please use your brain, I'm sure you have one.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: ‘subsidy Is Gone’, FG Dismisses World Bank’s Claim by Abrahamweb(m): 10:24pm On Dec 14, 2023
Pakute:

Ok na, it is absolute wickedness ontop say President Tinubu commot subsidy but una don quick forget say the Agulu fraud been also campaign to commot subsidy. When Agulu fraud dey chestbeat ontop say e go remove subsidy, una dey open teeth dey clap for am. But i know say your bitterness is because na Tinubu win, you wished it was Obi.
I have one news for you, that Agulu fraud will never become the President of my dear country, i like to see that una bitterness continue to dey burn una wella.

Brainless idiot.
Did the person you quote mention any name?
Always showing your stupidity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Razes Ibori's House In Victoria Island, Lagos - Breaking News. / 9 More Political Parties Join CUPP, Endorse Atiku / INEC Presents List Of Voters To Political Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.