Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers (510 Views)

Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF / Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos / Buhari: Foreign Groups Bent On Destroying Nigeria Behind Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by horsepower102: 3:30am On Dec 15, 2023
Imo state has surpassed Delta, Awka Ibom and Anambra state to become the 3rd largest state economy in Nigeria with a GDP of $8,452,776,534,748 billion.

Source (page 156): https://budgit.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/2023-State-of-States-updated-.pdf

Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by horsepower102: 3:31am On Dec 15, 2023
Top 10 Ranking

Lagos
Rivers
Imo
Akwa Ibom
Delta
Anambra
Ogun
Ondo
Niger
Kaduna
Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by CoronaVirusPro: 3:32am On Dec 15, 2023
The giant strides of APC rule is finally coming to light!

God bless Imo State!

While other South East States were voting to despise APC at the expense of competence and accountability, Imo state was voting in the line of what’s best for them.

3 Likes

Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by SoNature(m): 3:33am On Dec 15, 2023
Do you people believe this data?

That's because I don't.

By the way, I am from Imo State (before someone will call me an Ogbomoso man 😅)

2 Likes

Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by Raskimonojendor: 3:33am On Dec 15, 2023
SoNature:

That's because I don't.

By the way,.I am from Imo State (before someone will call me an Ogbomoso man 😅)
😂😂😂
Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by horsepower102: 3:34am On Dec 15, 2023
SoNature:

That's because I don't.

By the way,.I am from Imo State (before someone will call me an Ogbomoso man 😅)

I believe it. Tremendous investments has poured into imo state recently especially in the hospitality and Petrochemical sector.
Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by horsepower102: 3:42am On Dec 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
The giant strides of APC rule is finally coming to light!

God bless Imo State!

While other South East States were voting to despise APC at the expense of competence and accountability, Imo state was voting in the line of what’s best for them.

It Has nothing to do with the political party in charge. The investments that shot up Imo state GDP started before uzodinma was declared governor by Supreme Court in the previous election.
Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by freemanq(m): 3:42am On Dec 15, 2023
But 90% are very poor
Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by CoronaVirusPro: 3:44am On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:

It Has nothing to do with the political party in charge. The investments that shot up Imo state GDP started before uzodinma was declared governor by Supreme Court in the previous election.

It started during Okorocha, and that still makes it one of giant strides of APC

Repeated consolidation of predecessors vision.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by horsepower102: 3:45am On Dec 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

It started during Okorocha, and that still makes it one of giant strides of APC

Repeated consolidation of predecessors vision.

Yes but also remember that okorocha spent over first half of his term under APGA.
Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by horsepower102: 3:46am On Dec 15, 2023
freemanq:
But 90% are very poor

The most ignorant statement so far. Go and price land in imo state and see if you can afford it.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by CoronaVirusPro: 3:48am On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:

Yes but also remember that okorocha spent over first half of his term under APGA.

APGA has never been know for growth. Where is Anambra which happens to be their pilot state?

Look at the development in Ebonyi in last 8 years. Anambra is still struggling to replicate such in last 16 years.

Give it to APC! It’s the best thing that happened to Nigeria in last five decades.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by horsepower102: 3:52am On Dec 15, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

APGA has never been know for growth. Where is Anambra which happens to be their pilot state?

Look at the development in Ebonyi in last 8 years. Anambra is still struggling to replicate such in last 16 years.

Give it to APC! It’s the best thing that happened to Nigeria in last five decades.

I can’t help but laugh 😂.
Please don’t say this loud in public.
Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by fnep2smooth(m): 4:25am On Dec 15, 2023
freemanq:
But 90% are very poor
as you poor in reasoning
Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by SoNature(m): 4:29am On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:

I believe it. Tremendous investments has poured into imo state recently especially in the hospitality and Petrochemical sector.

Yes, I see your point.

Waltersmith is taking a bold step in Imo State. God will bless their founder. The company is even getting started with that Modular Refinery because they intend to expand the capacity of the refinery and build an industrial park in the same area.

I am also keeping an eye on the Shell gas and NNPC/Seplat gas projects. These projects will transform the state, attract new investments into the state and give lots of people jobs.

Imo State hasn't been fortunate with good governors like her sister states in the region though.

1 Like

Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by Onyiiobi7735(m): 4:42am On Dec 15, 2023
Tales by moonlight 🌛.How can an elephant 🦣fly,or a crocodile 🐊climb?
I will only believe this if I come across it on other news websites or TV news channels.Is it Owerri that has nothing except hotels and hotels that will push Imo state to the third largest economy in Nigeria,or what?
But honestly the state capital generates a high volume of bleeping, with the huge numbers of hotels and nightclubs there.
As I write now,new hotels are being built somewhere in Owerri to accommodate the high volume of sex in that state.
Lol!

1 Like

Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by Mynd44: 4:45am On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:
Imo state has surpassed Delta, Awka Ibom and Anambra state to become the 3rd largest state economy in Nigeria with a GDP of $8,452,776,534,748 billion.

Source (page 156): https://budgit.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/2023-State-of-States-updated-.pdf
Imo has a GDP of 8 trillion?

As Sexkillz once said
If you will post, don't drink
If you drink, don't post
Re: Imo State Is Now The 3rd Largest Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos And Rivers by Mynd44: 4:46am On Dec 15, 2023
Oh yeah,

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

2 Likes

(1)

Please Which Promise Has Tinubu Kept Since May 29? / Abia State Is Free At Last. When Imo? When Nigeria? / Ondo 2024: Why APC Faithful Should Honour Akeredolu’s Wish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.