Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG (8181 Views)

NLC Warns Imo Govt, Wike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique On Nationwide Strike / Fuel Price Increase: We Will Shutdown Nigeria, NLC Warns In New Year Message / Fuel Price: Again, FG Rejects Govs’ N380/Litre Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by Emyogalanya: 6:39am On Dec 15, 2023
as if they'll do anything to tinubu. Na we go still suffer am. Well 750 per litter is already upon us. We're just trying to Brace up
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by ITbomb(m): 6:42am On Dec 15, 2023
So World Bank no fit advise federal government to increase minimum wage, na only fuel price dem see
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by Djele: 6:46am On Dec 15, 2023
Who still takes NLC serious
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by Blackdisciple(m): 6:56am On Dec 15, 2023
Should bankin Duniya tells us what to do in our country cos last I checked bankin Duniya is in Switzerland not nigeria....
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by gladdensir(m): 7:02am On Dec 15, 2023
tunjijones:

This Ur begging don dey turn to scam.

You have been using this same video and format for more than 2 yrs now

They should keep blocking his account whenever they see this post of his. I wonder how the mods takes this.
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by UptownVibes(m): 7:07am On Dec 15, 2023
They should make it 2k per litre,so that Obi won't be able to afford it.. That's the mind of agbadorians,forgetting that Obi is a formal governor.. cheesy

Una mind go dey las las.. Bulabalu is yet to complete 1year,all of them don lean for neck.. grin Stup*d people..

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by Blacktruth: 7:18am On Dec 15, 2023
Nlc and FG na twins , dem know weitin dem dey do , nor be me una wan decieve
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by obinna58(m): 7:24am On Dec 15, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
As an average Nigerian, the only thing we benefited from Nigeria was subsidized fuel and subsidized tuition fees in higher institutions.
Now tell me what do we gain from Nigeria again?
If you believe that this apc government will use the maney realized from subsidy removal to do anything positive in Nigeria then you are a fool.
I believed it was for better only for them to start looting the money again and lying, I admit I was a fool
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by bluefilm: 7:25am On Dec 15, 2023
But why is world bank so evil?

Is it because the world bank is owned and controlled by the illuminati and the illuminati doesn't like to see human beings happy?

God forbid BAT thing
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by sallazlee(m): 7:33am On Dec 15, 2023
Wahala and this country, is like bread and butter.

Birds of the same feather
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by lomprico(m): 7:35am On Dec 15, 2023
If they want to consider it, they should also consider other things WB suggested.
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by adenigga(m): 7:40am On Dec 15, 2023
nurey:
May the fuel price of #750 favour me and my family
You're a self centered fellow, believe me!!! sad
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by epainos: 7:45am On Dec 15, 2023
Nigeria had been in a serious crisis before Buhari and Jagaban. Even the crisis had been there before OBJ's second term. Babangida started this whole wahala Nigeria is facing.

From my analysis, the price of fuel is around N750. The problem is that if Nigeria puts it at this price, those people will still embezzle the profit so that it is as if they embezzle it under subsidy.

I have searched deep and I have concluded that the way out is to split Nigeria NOW. The longer we stay together, the more we are in trouble. Nations that will come out of Nigeria will first struggle to get their balance, eventually one or two will pick up. The people of the ones that refuse to pick up are the main demons Nigeria is facing today. I can guess who they are, but it will be termed tribalism now. For your info, Igbo will prosper if you can unite...so, don't think Igbo is the target here.

The last time, the investment minister packaged over N1 billion for travelling to Thailand for investment...lol...and Oshiomole being an ex-gov who understands foreign investment well told her to her face stylishly that she is a thief. angry I guess the young woman doesn't realise to date that Osho called her a thief. grin Let Naija person go to Harvard to study...the fellow is returning to steal. Yeye people.

We all go collect am in this Naija. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by Cj4charles(m): 8:10am On Dec 15, 2023
Blazebond:
Na Dem okonjo iweala advise be that nau,nor be she dey run world bank?abi Una nor wan call her name form the matter because she be Nigerian
Go school, you say na SKULL MINING better pass... Now see the results

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by BscHolder: 8:18am On Dec 15, 2023
tunjijones:

This Ur begging don dey turn to scam.

You have been using this same video and format for more than 2 yrs now
5 years and still counting.
Na God go punish am as he dey carry person situation take scam

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by safetyInspector(m): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2023
And you think that you will not start buying it at 850 if they implement the 750 price?
lizko:
We are already use to 750/litre for long here in Borno state, the should talk another thing. NLC toothless bull dog.
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by nairalanda1(m): 8:32am On Dec 15, 2023
I challenge NLC to set up fuel stations and sell fuel from them at 40 naira per liter since they think that is the way to go.
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by geokentech: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2023
@Geoken Tech Services Nig Limited, we are available for:
1. Geotechnical Services ( Soil testing, Piling)
2. Borehole drilling
3. Water treatment
Contact...08060360538
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by nairalanda1(m): 8:35am On Dec 15, 2023
epainos:
Nigeria had been in a serious crisis before Buhari and Jagaban. Even the crisis had been there before OBJ's second term. Babangida started this whole wahala Nigeria is facing.

From my analysis, the price of fuel is around N750. The problem is that if Nigeria puts it at this price, those people will still embezzle the profit so that it is as if they embezzle it under subsidy.

I have searched deep and I have concluded that the way out is to split Nigeria NOW. The longer we stay together, the more we are in trouble. Nations that will come out of Nigeria will first struggle to get their balance, eventually one or two will pick up. The people of the ones that refuse to pick up are the main demons Nigeria is facing today. I can guess who they are, but it will be termed tribalism now. For your info, Igbo will prosper if you can unite...so, don't think Igbo is the target here.

The last time, the investment minister packaged over N1 billion for travelling to Thailand for investment...lol...and Oshiomole being an ex-gov who understands foreign investment well told her to her face stylishly that she is a thief. angry I guess the young woman doesn't realise to date that Osho called her a thief. grin Let Naija person go to Harvard to study...the fellow is returning to steal. Yeye people.

We all go collect am in this Naija. grin

Or they should simply let the market set the price of fuel

Niger republic is poorer than even Northern Nigeria,. They pay over 1000 for fuel there. They also have poorer access to power than we do.

Even if you split Nigeria, petrol has to be sold at a profit to make refining it here profitable
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by Fizalis(m): 8:40am On Dec 15, 2023
How will it favour you, you a not a fuel station owner or marketer so how will it favour you? The gods are waiting to hear your explanation Oga!
nurey:
May the fuel price of #750 favour me and my family
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by Willie2015: 8:50am On Dec 15, 2023
lizko:
We are already use to 750/litre for long here in Borno state, the should talk another thing. NLC toothless bull dog.
. Abi o.. its N700 Benue...no shaking

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by HighTable(m): 9:09am On Dec 15, 2023
I don't understand why it is world bank dictating our fuel price, and Nigerians will be thinking we are independent angry
BULLSHIT!
This people they don't want Nigeria to be better than most European countries, they don't want another Libya where fuel is next to free for their citizens.
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by epainos: 9:21am On Dec 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

Or they should simply let the market set the price of fuel
Then, it will be around N750. Macro and microeconomics and pointers are saying it is around this price. Then, NLC will go on strike as usual. Lol. And then more damage will be done. Lol. It has been so since the 80s.

Niger republic is poorer than even Northern Nigeria,. They pay over 1000 for fuel there. They also have poorer access to power than we do.
Will Nigerians accept it? Nope. They will go on strike. And do you blame them? Accepting such an increment is a big sacrifice, but Nigerians in power take advantage of it. For example, the whole of Nigeria agreed with IBB from 1985 to around 1990 that we should readjust. That mad general brought Olu Falae who gave us a structural adjustment program (SAP). Guess what? We saved money. Luckily, the Kuwait war broke out and the price of oil went up and we made massive profit. Babangida and his boys stole all. Lol. And this is what happens every time. They ask us to make sacrifices, but they still steal it and make it harder. Lol.

Take a look at Tinubu. He campaigned against Jonathan to not remove subsidies, and scattered everywhere. He used it to remove him from power, but the same Tinubu approved the removal of subsidies the first day he became the president. Lol. Yes, we are saving money, but they are using the money to do what? Enrich themselves...take out too many people on useless trips...and even his investment minister came forward with a 1 billion naira trip to Thailand. Lol. Adams Oshiomole told her that she is a thief stylishly. Lol. Of course, they have seen the money we have saved from removing subsidies and they are ready to loot everything again instead of them to use the money for the development and installation of infrastructure all over the nation. We need the network intact now. We need massive construction in every part of the nation. We don't need paper GDP rubbish...we need physical development.

Even if you split Nigeria, petrol has to be sold at a profit to make refining it here profitable
It amazes me how people don't see the reason to split. Wow. And how did you connect gas sales to splitting?

Well, if we split, we can focus on our regions. Ibo won't need to go to Abuja to make money....Hausas won't need to do the same. The idea of nepotism will be automatically eradicated. Also, this will erase the issue of Boko Haram Ipob and many other groups sabotaging the effort of a false unified Nigeria.

There will be no more Abuja...no more useless collabo. There will be no more using tribalism to pick who becomes the president....so the possibility of choosing the right people for the job will be increased.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by TruthsFM: 9:29am On Dec 15, 2023
I hope the fg yield to NLC advice here
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by Funkybabee(f): 9:34am On Dec 15, 2023
That's why I still prefer Buhari, with all the pressure they pressured him, he didn't succumbed to them, he stands his firm

You see that world bank, I don't think they want good thing for Nigerians, they won't keep backing down with that subsidy thing, they wanted to see Nigeria in suffering and the more he keeps giving them their way, the more they will keep demanding.

Buhari didn't listen to them, what president with mouth action we have, no anything, npower payment nothing, afi enu.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by nairalanda1(m): 10:29am On Dec 15, 2023
epainos:

Then, it will be around N750. Macro and microeconomics and pointers are saying it is around this price. Then, NLC will go on strike as usual. Lol. And then more damage will be done. Lol. It has been so since the 80s.

Will Nigerians accept it? Nope. They will go on strike. And do you blame them? Accepting such an increment is a big sacrifice, but Nigerians in power take advantage of it. For example, the whole of Nigeria agreed with IBB from 1985 to around 1990 that we should readjust. That mad general brought Olu Falae who gave us a structural adjustment program (SAP). Guess what? We saved money. Luckily, the Kuwait war broke out and the price of oil went up and we made massive profit. Babangida and his boys stole all. Lol. And this is what happens every time. They ask us to make sacrifices, but they still steal it and make it harder. Lol.

Take a look at Tinubu. He campaigned against Jonathan to not remove subsidies, and scattered everywhere. He used it to remove him from power, but the same Tinubu approved the removal of subsidies the first day he became the president. Lol. Yes, we are saving money, but they are using the money to do what? Enrich themselves...take out too many people on useless trips...and even his investment minister came forward with a 1 billion naira trip to Thailand. Lol. Adams Oshiomole told her that she is a thief stylishly. Lol. Of course, they have seen the money we have saved from removing subsidies and they are ready to loot everything again instead of them to use the money for the development and installation of infrastructure all over the nation. We need the network intact now. We need massive construction in every part of the nation. We don't need paper GDP rubbish...we need physical development.

It amazes me how people don't see the reason to split. Wow. And how did you connect gas sales to splitting?

Well, if we split, we can focus on our regions. Ibo won't need to go to Abuja to make money....Hausas won't need to do the same. The idea of nepotism will be automatically eradicated. Also, this will erase the issue of Boko Haram Ipob and many other groups sabotaging the effort of a false unified Nigeria.

There will be no more Abuja...no more useless collabo. There will be no more using tribalism to pick who becomes the president....so the possibility of choosing the right people for the job will be increased.

Even then at the end, sell at a profit to keep business well run
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by epainos: 10:40am On Dec 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

Even then at the end, sell at a profit to keep business well run
And then loot the profit to keep business running well? grin They tell you they will make business running, but they always loot everything...so business has refused to run well since 1960. Or you dont get my explanation how everything was structured well under IBB and business ran well , and they looted all? Tinubu has saved money...and he is already looting all in the name of foreign trips...and you still dont get it.

Some people are created to never understand anything and everything. So, how some of us ended up with such is my only concern. angry We gat to split oooo...cos e no go work to dey drag common sense with some people. O boy.... a don tire ooo with my explanation and you still insist in your business wan run. How? How business go take run? How? One of the best out there...Ngozi Iweala has written everything about it...and she has written the solutions. They kidnapped her dad cos of it. See eh! I dont enjoy rubbish debate oooo...this this is so clear...i have explained with past examples...yet, you refuse to see the truth. You see it.. but tribalism has blinded you grin We gat to split ooo.

Oga...make naija split...that is the only solution. Some nations will save money and loot...while some other will save money and make their new nations prosper. We know the tribes that are likely to loot because they have always been vagabonds....but we wont say it. Maybe you belong to that tribe and it is why you want to be an everlasting parasite on others. grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by Josywhyte: 10:46am On Dec 15, 2023
Fuel price will be 1000 before Xmas day...mark my words. That's FG's plan
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by nairalanda1(m): 10:50am On Dec 15, 2023
epainos:

And then loot the profit to keep business running well? grin They tell you they will make business running, but they always loot everything...so business has refused to run well since 1960. Or you dont get my explanation how everything was structured well under IBB and business ran well , and they looted all? Tinubu has saved money...and he is already looting all in the name of foreign trips...and you still dont get it.

Some people are created to never understand anything and everything. So, how some of us ended up with such is my only concern. angry We gat to split oooo...cos e no go work to dey drag common sense with some people. O boy.... a don tire ooo with my explanation and you still insist in your business wan run. How? How business go take run? How? One of the best out there...Ngozi Iweala has written everything about it...and she has written the solutions. They kidnapped her dad cos of it. See eh! I dont enjoy rubbish debate oooo...this this is so clear...i have explained with past examples...yet, you refuse to see the truth. You see it.. but tribalism has blinded you grin We gat to split ooo.

Oga...make naija split...that is the only solution. Some nations will save money and loot...while some other will save money and make their new nations prosper. We know the tribes that are likely to loot because they have always been vagabonds....but we wont say it. Maybe you belong to that tribe and it is why you want to be an everlasting parasite on others. grin
Okay,

1. Open a fuel station

2..Help the poor by selling fuel at N40 per liter.

Thanks

Nothing is free in Freetown.
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by nairalanda1(m): 10:54am On Dec 15, 2023
epainos:

You can split Nigeria into fifteen countries, or keep it united, it still does not change the fact that one liter of petrol right now costs over N800 to refine....and must be sold at a profit so that costs can be recovered, and monies paid for upgrades, salaries for workers, etc etc.

That's the cold fact.
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by Tianamen1: 11:23am On Dec 15, 2023
nairalanda1:

You can split Nigeria into fifteen countries, or keep it united, it still does not change the fact that one liter of petrol right now costs over N800 to refine....and must be sold at a profit so that costs can be recovered, and monies paid for upgrades, salaries for workers, etc etc.

That's the cold fact.

What role does the Naira exchange rate play in the price of petrol?

Who is responsible for the fall in value of the Naira.

Between 2003 and 2010, the Naira rose in value from about N140 to about N116 to $1. Oil prices did not rise beyond $80 per barrel then. Why did the naira rise then and what is so different now?

These are the important questions and not whether the government is subsidizing fuel or electricity
Re: Fuel Price: Reject World bank's ₦‎750/Litre Proposal, NLC Warns FG by nairalanda1(m): 11:26am On Dec 15, 2023
Tianamen1:

What role does the Naira exchange rate play in the price of petrol?

Who is responsible for the fall in value of the Naira.

Between 2003 and 2010, the Naira rose in value from about N140 to about N116 to $1. Oil prices did not rise beyond $80 per barrel then. Why did the naira rise then and what is so different now?

These are the important questions and not whether the government is subsidizing fuel or electricity

Open a petrol station and sell petrol at 40 naira per liter then.

Make we check something.

I can't help you see reality, old man.

Now call me an oppressor for standing up for your right as a business person to set your price. Don't forget to call me a tinubu slave too cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obama In A Controversial Treason Scandal As He Threatens WAR On Isreal / Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices / Lawan, Gbajabiamila Under Pressure Over Juicy Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.