Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. (988 Views)

Tell Tinubu That Nigeria Is Not Lagos If You Really Care"β€”Kayode Ogundamisi / Senator Daduut Congratulates President Tinubu, Says Nigeria Is In Good Hands / Peter Obi Flies Economy To Egypt (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by creativehubb: 9:35am On Dec 15, 2023
Nigercity:

You just sounded like an illiterate
Go through the thread you will realise you are the only one ranting
IGR and GDP are too different things
South West is still they most indebted region in the country despite having high i.g.r ! The even borrow to till build airport and other things
Unlike Anambra that built an airport without borrowing
Also only an illiterate will start yelling about Igbos migrations!
Because using Google map
And all statics available will tell you that south east is the most dense populated region in Nigeria,
(Go and verify) if you actually understand the meaning of population density!
Anambra alone is the second most dense populated state after Lagos, so is only natural if south easterns migrate!
Also not everyone is leaving south east
Like you myopic people in South West imagines,
fact check, use your phone open Google map, you will realise that the biggest built up urban space (or metropolis) in Nigeria is onistha metropolis which have almost being merged with Owerri in far away IMO as one big city! This is bigger than Lagos, plus agbara,ota, and mowe urban spur by landmass but less in population!
(Technology is always available to verify this fact)
I wonder why
You all thinks that all Igbos are outside South East
Am sure you don't know the meaning of 'constitute'...it means a part of a whole. I didn't say IGR is same as GDP, I said IGR constitutes GDP, and this is a fact.

You people always sound stupid because you are half baked literates, and like to tell lies to yourself to suit your inferiority complex. IGR inclusive of federal allocations, plus royalties and foreign receipts, make up GDP.

Nobody cares about buildings, that is not part of indices they use to check the health of a state, try to talk about relevant things, not posting nonsense on nairaland...what use is buildings if there is no economic vibrancy and buoyancy, you will just have empty buildings.

Southwest can borrow because it has credit worthiness, banks and financiers see it's IGR and know it can successfully pay back it's interest on loans, and they are using the loans to acquire more assets that will bring in more IGR. You are a fool for saying IGR is not important, what good is a business if it doesn't make revenue, you make revenue and expand.

You are dull, just writing epistle saying nothing. Learn how to read and comprehend, I never saw where I wrote that IGR is same as GDP. Am telling you IGR is a fundamental indices to check the health of a business or state. You can fool your fellow Igbos not us Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by creativehubb: 9:44am On Dec 15, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

Lol! Igbophobic rabid animals will never stop having ulcers and Low BP over Igbo issues.
Stop sounding stupid it's irritating, maybe you can go have ipobland and post biafra made news there. Fake moderfuckers.
Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by creativehubb: 9:46am On Dec 15, 2023
Nigercity:

Poor in which investment?
Anambra has more indigenous investment per month than any Nigeria state, Abia and IMO of recent is currently doubling up in investment

Unless you are talking about foreign investment, where Lagos,ogun takes they lead
And it's somehow bad because it's killing our local currency,
We should encourage local investment, local production and exportation to grow our economy!

For security
Insecurity in South East is overhyped by media, unknown gunmen only attacks rural part of imo and Anambra and have almost been flushed out of lately
Enugu and ebonyi, including ABA and umuahia part of Abia are one of the safest states in Nigeria!
Reason why different show and cultural festival are being held in Enugu of lately!
Then for i.g.r
Common sense should tell you that over 90% of companies in South East are indigenous, hence a little or no taxes are been paid
You can goggle it
Some years ago Abia state government announce 5 years tax waivers for there indigenous investors
Ask yourself why most south east states have more higher GDP (which is a real index for measuring development) more than most south west state
Despite south west having more i.g.r
They are still the most indebted region in the country!!
If you like giving yourself hope with I.G.R
Aba made statistics.
Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by Objectivist04: 9:49am On Dec 15, 2023
You are right about the IGR, the problem is that most it these money ends up in private pockets but Enugu state governor with his disruptive economic policy is going to change the narrative.
Enugu will soon shut the mouths of those who are bragging with IGR, as am talking to you, enugu is doing 10b monthly, when the data for 2023 IGR will be released Enugu will record a quantum leap, am expecting not less than 80b
Mba is a radical.
moppie123:

We need to do a lot to widen the tax net in Nigeria. A lot of loopholes and leakages. Advanced countries do 20 -25% of their GDPs as IGR meanwhile in Nigeria we do less than 5% to 5% of GDP. Imagine Nigeria with an about $400bn+ GDP having a revenue of N10tn which is just about $11 - $12bn. The same can be said about our states. Imo state with a GDP of N8tn+ GDP has a budget of about N400bn+ and most of it is made up of loans.

One way we can improve our IGR is by digitising the processes, upscaling the informal economy and strengthening SMEs. There should be measures in place to track earnings of individuals and businesses and tax appropriately. The manual process of collecting tax through agberos leaves room for missing funds. Above all, government should be accountable and stand up to the responsibility of leading right. People will be compelled to pay tax when they see their tax working for them.

1 Like

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by creativehubb: 9:50am On Dec 15, 2023
Workch:
IGR does not contribute to GDP, I know you failed economics or passed it via special centre or some sort of malpractice but I can help you.

GDP is gross domestic product, it's means the value/amount of production happening in your state. Meaning, the amount of finished products coming out of your state which is an indication of the economic worth of your state.

IGR is a factor of how efficient a government can tax existing businesses in the state, whether or not they are production based businesses that add to the GDP of the state.

Did you skip economics classes? This is why we always preach that children pay attention in class else I wouldn't have to teach an adult basic economics that he would have grasp long before now.

GDP means gross domestic product, this is a total of revenue and assets a state or business has or earns, including IGR, royalties, investments, assets, foreign receipts (paid in by indigenes abroad)...IGR is indeed the most fundamental indice to judge a state by, if a state don't earn good IGR over a long period of time, it's assets decays or are sold off, it's a matter of time before bankruptcy comes calling.

What is revenue, revenue is earnings, what is IGR, IGR means Internally generated revenue. States earn IGR from a number of areas not just taxes, Lagos state earns a lot from it's investments, and assets it created.

Seems you fools don't understand English. If you don't earn revenue your state is a useless liability. Revenue, earnings is what you use for everything...you fools can have buildings but without productivity and IGR, your state remains ghost towns, those buildings are not assets...no economic viability, no IGR, just a parasitic state.

NB: when they say product in economics, it means an end... products can be in form of services, in economics products means value...gross domestic product means gross domestic value, assets and investments creates value, and IGR means revenue inflow from within the state, this means value that is derived within the state.

You need to go back to secondary school, seems simple economic terms confuse you.

Dumb head.

1 Like

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:24am On Dec 15, 2023
creativehubb:

Stop sounding stupid it's irritating, maybe you can go have ipobland and post biafra made news there. Fake moderfuckers.
Lol! Stop sounding stupid, idiotic, animalistic and deranged.It is irritating.
I derive pleasure from the cries of Igbophobes like you.
How many Fake or original products have you manufactured in your useless and miserable life?
Lol!
Keep wailing like a frustrated banshee.

3 Likes

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by SSFeedsNigeria: 10:47am On Dec 15, 2023
Stop comparing apples with grapes!
I will willingly pay tax in developed countries because I'm sure no bastard will run away with the money!

In the developed societies, you see your tax being utilized to make life easy for everyone but in Nigeria, the corrupt politicians will embezzle everything. Have you asked yourself why despite all the tax Ogun state is collecting from Agbara/Ota axis yet that area has the worst roads in Nigeria? Have you asked yourself why despite all the so-called IGR Ogun is generating yet the state government can't build a small airport without borrowing yet Anambra completed a fairly big airport without borrowing a dime?

Also ask yourself why SW towns and villages are littered with decrepit shanties while SE towns and villages are filled with modern duplexes?

Continue deceiving yourselves!!!

moppie123:

We need to do a lot to widen the tax net in Nigeria. A lot of loopholes and leakages. Advanced countries do 20 -25% of their GDPs as IGR meanwhile in Nigeria we do less than 5% to 5% of GDP. Imagine Nigeria with an about $400bn+ GDP having a revenue of N10tn which is just about $11 - $12bn. The same can be said about our states. Imo state with a GDP of N8tn+ GDP has a budget of about N400bn+ and most of it is made up of loans.

One way we can improve our IGR is by digitising the processes, upscaling the informal economy and strengthening SMEs. There should be measures in place to track earnings of individuals and businesses and tax appropriately. The manual process of collecting tax through agberos leaves room for missing funds. Above all, government should be accountable and stand up to the responsibility of leading right. People will be compelled to pay tax when they see their tax working for them.

3 Likes

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by OfficialAPCNig: 10:52am On Dec 15, 2023
creativehubb:

You people always sound stupid, maybe you think everyone is as stupid as you. IGR constitutes GDP...IGR means revenue inflow, you generate revenue by the quality of assets and investments you have. Low or poor IGR shows you are not productive.

Stop talking like a fool, this is nairaland with people wiser than you Igbos.

Without federal allocations southeast will be a dead zone, you idiots will be shouting biafra Biafra, Biafra has given you nothing but death and destruction...you make your money outside biafra land... Southwest, North, South South, Biafrans are everywhere like refugees. Am not southwest, am a Nigerian, I know facts.
If you make noise finish, you will still depend on Imo gas to power Lagos. Just a flip of the switch, you'll be in total darkness.

Again, IGR = Taxes.

Imo has bigger economy than any of your SW states expect Lagos. That is what matters

3 Likes

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by SSFeedsNigeria: 10:54am On Dec 15, 2023
Lol, utter delusions!

I want you guys to answer these simple questions and stop being senseless;

Why can't Ogun build a small airport without borrowing despite its so-called massive IGR yet Anambra built a fairly big airport without borrowing a dime?

Why are the roads around Agbara/Ota still the worst in Nigeria despite the so-called huge IGR?

Why are yorubas still living mostly in decrepit shanties without toilets despite their states high IGR while Igbos mostly live in modern houses with indoor plumbing despite relatively low IGR?

Answer those simple questions if you have common sense!!!

creativehubb:

GDP means gross domestic product, this is a total of revenue and assets a state or business has or earns, including IGR, royalties, investments, assets, foreign receipts (paid in by indigenes abroad)...IGR is indeed the most fundamental indice to judge a state by, if a state don't earn good IGR over a long period of time, it's assets decays or are sold off, it's a matter of time before bankruptcy comes calling.

What is revenue, revenue is earnings, what is IGR, IGR means Internally generated revenue. States earn IGR from a number of areas not just taxes, Lagos state earns a lot from it's investments, and assets it created.

Seems you fools don't understand English. If you don't earn revenue your state is a useless liability. Revenue, earnings is what you use for everything...you fools can have buildings but without productivity and IGR, your state remains ghost towns, those buildings are not assets...no economic viability, no IGR, just a parasitic state.

NB: when they say product in economics, it means an end... products can be in form of services, in economics products means value...gross domestic product means gross domestic value, assets and investments creates value, and IGR means revenue inflow from within the state, this means value that is derived within the state.

You need to go back to secondary school, seems simple economic terms confuse you.

Dumb head.

3 Likes

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by Workch: 10:55am On Dec 15, 2023
creativehubb:

Dumb head.
nawa o

1 Like

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by creativehubb: 11:16am On Dec 15, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

If you make noise finish, you will still depend on Imo gas to power Lagos. Just a flip of the switch, you'll be in total darkness.

Again, IGR = Taxes.

Imo has bigger economy than any of your SW states expect Lagos. That is what matters
Lots of gas in South South, the gas in Imo is very minute compared to what South South produce. Southeast is a parasite to Nigeria, Nigeria will do better without southeast.

2 Likes

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by Nigercity: 11:17am On Dec 15, 2023
creativehubb:

Am sure you don't know the meaning of 'constitute'...it means a part of a whole. I didn't say IGR is same as GDP, I said IGR constitutes GDP, and this is a fact.

You people always sound stupid because you are half baked literates, and like to tell lies to yourself to suit your inferiority complex. IGR inclusive of federal allocations, plus royalties and foreign receipts, make up GDP.

Nobody cares about buildings, that is not part of indices they use to check the health of a state, try to talk about relevant things, not posting nonsense on nairaland...what use is buildings if there is no economic vibrancy and buoyancy, you will just have empty buildings.

Southwest can borrow because it has credit worthiness, banks and financiers see it's IGR and know it can successfully pay back it's interest on loans, and they are using the loans to acquire more assets that will bring in more IGR. You are a fool for saying IGR is not important, what good is a business if it doesn't make revenue, you make revenue and expand.

You are dull, just writing epistle saying nothing. Learn how to read and comprehend, I never saw where I wrote that IGR is same as GDP. Am telling you IGR is a fundamental indices to check the health of a business or state. You can fool your fellow Igbos not us Nigerians.
Lmao grin >: grin

My reply pain you.. lolz.i feel your pain
Stop replying me without fact!
Like I said i.g.r is not a measure of development rather GDP
Whatever else you are saying is nonsense πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
If it pain you go hug transformer
At the end of the day ogun and ondo with high I.G.R cannot even build an airport without borrowing upandan
Meaning IMO indegens with high there GDP will just contribute money and build airport!
While Anambra govt will easily do they same without borrowing
Not you trying to flex of on borrowing
In a region where states borrow to pay to workers!

In Anambra and Abia more than 90% of companies are indigenous and they pay little tax, sometimes ago in Abia, Abia state gave 5 years tax waivers to it indigenous investors (Google about it)
Like I said keep deceiving yourselves with I.G.R
That in real sense doesn't really means anything near development!
And stop quoting me
I wouldn't reply you henceforth!
I can't be seen arguing with someone who lacks comprehension!

4 Likes

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by Kossyso: 11:18am On Dec 15, 2023
OP just be calming down. Are you paid to create stupid threads up and down this platform?
Allow Imo and SE in general to grow at their own pace and stop all this unnecessary comparison. It's getting out of hand!

1 Like

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by Broveens42(m): 11:21am On Dec 15, 2023
Beremx:
So you think it's all about gas exploration? How does gas exploration increase the IGR of a state?

Do you know how many people come into imo every weekend on holidays?
Do you know?
Do you know owerri is the home to family of expatriates who work in the Niger Delta.
You do not realize how much imo generates from hospitality industry alone, that's why you are here spilling ignorance

3 Likes

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by odduduwa: 11:23am On Dec 15, 2023
PureFace1:

You guys should keep deceiving yourselves in the East.

There are taxation and over taxation in the East, it is just that you guys are not that productive and can't generate much when it come to services and industrial sector.

GDP of states in Nigeria is mostly connected to the Natural resources deposit and potential of the state not the real reality but the prospect when the state fully explore its potential plus the natural resources.

The reason why Imo GDP is high is because of Oil and having the highest deposit of Gas which translate to a very big domestic product output when fully invested on it is not because of its industrial capacity or services.

I thought southeast is barren

1 Like

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by Beremx(f): 11:28am On Dec 15, 2023
Broveens42:

Do you know how many people come into imo every weekend on holidays?
Do you know?
Do you know owerri is the home to family of expatriates who work in the Niger Delta.
You do not realize how much imo generates from hospitality industry alone, that's why you are here spilling ignorance
apart from Owerri, nothing is happening in Imo State. The Hopeless Governor should develop other zones in Imo
Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by creativehubb: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2023
Nigercity:

At the end of the day ogun and ondo with high I.G.R cannot even build an airport without borrowing upandan
Meaning IMO indegens with high there GDP will just contribute money and build airport!

In Anambra and Abia more than 90% of companies are indigenous and they pay little tax, sometimes ago in Abia, Abia state gave 5 years tax waivers to it indigenous investors (Google about it)
And stop quoting me
Just highlighting how dumb igbos are. Dumb heads. Hope you got a crash course in economics. I hate dumb heads.

2 Likes

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by Broveens42(m): 11:36am On Dec 15, 2023
Beremx:
apart from Owerri, nothing is happening in Imo State. The Hopeless Governor should develop other zones in Imo

Says a keyboard warrior
I'm currently in imo, and I can tell you, after mabkwe , Hope is the next in infrastructural development.
Have you been to Amaraku recently, okigwe?
Do you know how many rural roads have been built?
you can at least come down to imo state or look up my threads

1 Like

Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by 07kjb: 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2023
creativehubb:
Compare southeast state to southeast state, comparing Lagos to any southeast state is like comparing heaven to hell. Check statistics southeast states are very poor in IGR, poor in investment, poor in security...you people are at the bottom.

If you like shout from morning till night, go paste picture of other places as southeast, no investment or visitor will go to southeast, as long as ipob and ESN terrorists are there holding you people as slaves. Nobody wants to be around barbarians.

What do u even think IGR IS?

FOR THE FACT SOUTHEASTERNERS DOESN'T WANT TO TAX THEIR PEOPLE TO DEATH.. DOESN'T MEAN THAT OGUN IS BETTER THAN IMO... INFACT IMO IS MILES AHEAD OF ANY WESTERN STATE
Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by NewDea4: 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
Imo wey be say na only hotel and Ashawo industry dey there, with plenty yahoo boys and their pot of progress cheesy
Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by PureFace1(m): 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

Again, IGR = Taxes.

You guys are really delusional lol

Imo only have the highest gas reserve doesn't mean it is the only one, Lagos have its own gas reserve and even Ondo in south west have gas reserve.

You guys are clowns, which country in the world can survive without taxes, the developed countries you want to run to depend a lot on taxes.

Nigeria is already complaining of low revenues and want to find a way to increase taxes, if not that South East states are parasites and depend mostly on allocation from Federal government, you think if every states have autonomy without handout from federal government every month where would states in the East get the revenue to survive from ? from trees and by begging abi ?
Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by PureFace1(m): 1:03pm On Dec 15, 2023
Nigercity:

And stop quoting me

Your mentality is very poor in the East.

Ogun state borrowing to build Airport doesn't mean it doesn't have the capability to build without borrowing , it is just base on the decision of the governor at the helm plus debt can also be use to boost the development of a state if properly managed.

Borrowing can increase capital inflow that can spur development and boost economy. Only poor people see debts as a bad thing, America have the highest debts in the world and also the world top economy.

There's no rich man in the world today without debts, most of their investments and projects are being finance with various loans that will later be repay back.

Dangote is the richest man in Africa and also sure he also have the most debts, you think the refinery he is building would be possible without borrowing ?

No Financial institutions lend money to poor organizations that wouldn't be able to pay back, debts of Southwest states is also another prove of economic strength.

I'm sure your type will be boasting of being richer than Dangote because he borrowed billions to build refinery or have debt in billions.
Re: Expect Imo State Economy To Almost Catch Up On Lagos If They Have Good Hands. by wiseoneking: 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2023
PureFace1:

I can see you are a quack economy professor

How does foreign investment kill local currency and economy ? China is what it is today because of foreign investment, part of the reason why China can't easily confront the West is because their economy is tied together.

And Anambra economy is not really bigger than most south west state because Ogun, Ondo and Oyo is matching it bumper to bumper even without Lagos.

Waoooh, so Anambra state apart from Imo are far more bigger economical than SW States apart from Lagos Our common wealth? Despite the federal govt marginalization. The Great Dot Nation ruling over the big for nothing empty size called Nigeria. Thesame is the Dot nation of Israel controlling people ( middle east / Arab world) that are 300 times larger than them in land size as well as 100 times that of their population.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Raises Exchange Rate For Cargo Clearance To N1,356/$ / Why Google Call Dangote "Owner" Of Nigeria / Are The Political Parties Ready?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.