Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... (29806 Views)

Demolition: Lagos Won’t Bow To Propaganda – Commissioner / Ijede Road: Baba Suwe, 454 Other Property Owners Get ₦2.2 Billion Compensation / Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by Jeyun: 2:51pm On Dec 15, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Don't yield to any plea

Any structure not legally and properly erected should be Demolished

I'm a real niggar. I repeat Demolish it

We should stop being emotional and sentimental in this country
see who dey talk as if your papa gets one illegally place sand for hebadon
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by HardBishop: 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
sultanofpigs:
Spread the word bro...

Their treachery MUST be rewarded...

They should receive what they give instantly...

the nepotistic attitude of GEN BUHARI didn't make yorubas complain but when GOOD LUCK Appointed everyone, they complained a lot even the CHRISTIANS AND PASTORS THERE that they are sidelined.

who complained much as they have as TINUBU appointed his whole cabinet yorubas?

Imagine having that audacity to claim the presidency must be from hausas to Yoruba and vice versa!!!!!! infact after TINUBU tenure, it must go to the north and we claim we're neighbors,
IS IT NOT TREACHERY AND BETRAYAL?.

let them go and form alliance with the north.. we don't need them close to the south.
I just hate the CUNNIEST DIRTY BEAST.

2 Likes

Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by ojasweb(m): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2023
Dreal1247:
But before committing ones life savings to any project, one is supposed to embark on comprehensive due diligence and proper environmental impact assessment.

Only few people are truly interested in following the due process.

I am working on a project and the process is quite tough.

I have done the approval and paid nearly 2M to the state government, excluding tax which is required for the full approval. Even at that, i still need to write letter for inspection at every stage of the process.

Many people just play victim but deep down they know that they don't do the due diligence.

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by PHAYOL81: 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
Alright
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by depato88(m): 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
Resetinc:

All these idiots on a faceless platform rejoicing over the demolition of people houses,, most you, your parents can’t afford 10 bags of cement …
The people whose houses are being destroyed are still better than you till tomorrow…
Nobody who use his hard earned money to build a house would be rejoicing when another persons house is being demolished, no matter the stories from government….
So when I read silly comments , I know it’s from low-life idiots who don’t even know the cost of a bag of cement..

U said it all bro

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by pfadom: 3:10pm On Dec 15, 2023
Law is law! Lawlessness is lawlessness!! This endless bending of rules and regulations has worsened the degree of impunity with which people break our laws.

The social and environmental impacts of this acts would consume both the law-breakers and lives and properties of the innocent residents of Lagos State.

raysplashinfo:
This is what I mentioned on Tokunbo Wahab page on Facebook that a guy came for me.

There should always be corrective measures since preventive measures wasn't taken into place.

Demolishing all those building worthy of millions of Naira is an eyesore , especially during this Economic Meltdown.

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by Father4all: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
una go get sense by force or you think this is your primitive village in anambala where you act like animals? cheesy
got lost jare. Son of a Bit.ch
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by SonOfDSoil01: 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2023
Father4all:
got lost jare. Son of a Bit.ch
hahaha pained flat head loser…keep crying grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by forexprophet(m): 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2023
After they have demolished Igbo houses. It's now tilting to Yoruba side, they want to negotiate.

dre11:
Demolition: Lagos yields to pleas, gives property owners options to re-establish setbacks

https://guardian.ng/news/demolition-lagos-yields-to-pleas-gives-property-owners-options-to-re-establish-setbacks/

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by smileyoo: 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2023
Resetinc:

All these idiots on a faceless platform rejoicing over the demolition of people houses,, most you, your parents can’t afford 10 bags of cement …
The people whose houses are being destroyed are still better than you till tomorrow…
Nobody who use his hard earned money to build a house would be rejoicing when another persons house is being demolished, no matter the stories from government….
So when I read silly comments , I know it’s from low-life idiots who don’t even know the cost of a bag of cement..

Gbamsolutely.
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by ajebuter(f): 4:20pm On Dec 15, 2023
The places that really deserve urgent demolition and compensation to owners are:

Jakande Estate in Adeniji Adele especially phases 1-3

Also Dolphin Estate lkoyi

These estates are built right on canal passage ways

Owners should be fully compensated before demolition

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by sulaak(m): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2023
Dreal1247:
But before committing ones life savings to any project, one is supposed to embark on comprehensive due diligence and proper environmental impact assessment.

Nigerians are careless people. Always cutting corners and crying when caught.
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by jojothaiv(m): 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2023
Finally, eliminating the poor wouldn't reduce poverty rate...
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by optionalY09: 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2023
ajebuter:
The places that really deserve urgent demolition and compensation to owners are:

Jakande Estate in Adeniji Adele especially phases 1-3

Also Dolphin Estate lkoyi

These estates are built right on canal passage ways

Owners should be fully compensated before demolition

Nobody is going to be compensated for building illegal structure anywhere. If you have built on government land. Remove it before i come and if i have to remove it for you you will pay the cost of removing it or go to jail. Are you all fvcking crazy
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by Advancedman(m): 6:54pm On Dec 15, 2023
dre11:
Demolition: Lagos yields to pleas, gives property owners options to re-establish setbacks

https://guardian.ng/news/demolition-lagos-yields-to-pleas-gives-property-owners-options-to-re-establish-setbacks/

Rubbish! Did they violate the law in the first place both canal and setback violation is total demolition plus demolition charges.
Good riddance to wicked rubbish.
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by 7upnigeria: 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2023
Resetinc:

So when I read silly comments, I know it’s from low-life idiots who don’t even know the cost of a bag of cement..

Even if their parents cant afford 10 bags of cement. At least, their parents are not stupid the ones that gave birth to you, and that if it's not an unknown man that impregnated your mother. Money does not come to people based on how smart or intelligent they are. Go to UK, Britain, America, Canada and build house anywhere you like and see what happens to you. You cant even talk to a woman anyhow, you'll just find yourself in jail or they send you back to wherever you came from. Things you cant do in countries where the system is working, you want to do in Lagos because you feel the system IS NOT WORKING.
They'll make you understand that the SYSTEM IS WORKING HERE IN LAGOS.

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by Father4all: 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
. Mumu. Born bast.ard
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by Menclothing: 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2023
Do the right thing
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by xukwaa: 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2023
Imagine a sudden onset...Things happening suddenly in Nigeria.
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by Father4all: 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
your families shall cry before the end of this year
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by Christistruth03: 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2023
raysplashinfo:
This is what I mentioned on Tokunbo Wahab page on Facebook that a guy came for me.

There should always be corrective measures since preventive measures wasn't taken into place.

Demolishing all those building worthy of millions of Naira is an eyesore , especially during this Economic Meltdown.

Can the Problem Be Solved?
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by honeyB2018: 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2023
dre11:

They have done what they intended to do, this is just damage control.
We know the game.

1 Like

Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by Sammy249: 1:06am On Dec 16, 2023
I don't understand the pity party again is this supposed to be a Christmas gift or id it that soje Lagos state government officials or Lagos state politicians in Apc and thier friends have lobbied the state government and they are now trying to act like they are tryingbto find a better way , how can there be a better way for cushioning flood that as been blocked by greedy , self centered and careless law breaking land owners,so with this it means there is no thorough rule of law. Nigeria system is pity that's why we are not developed and our economy is pathetic, we pity criminals and kill legitimate investors and hardworking investors with corruption , Nigeria everything is upside down , this is a very corrupt society facts . I pity innocent house owners who obeyed the law and didn't build beyond stipulated area to block the water ways when that flood comes soon they will suffer for the crimes they didn't commit and suffer for self-centered land owners fact.
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by Larryndelaw: 2:49am On Dec 16, 2023
raysplashinfo:

Don't say these by the time erosion started in Lagos
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by sweetgala(m): 10:07am On Dec 16, 2023
raysplashinfo:

The only corrective measure is to re-establish the setbacks as stipulated.

If you think those walls and whatever structures wouldn't still come down you must be deluding yourself, from the above it seems he's just giving them some days to take down their walls and any sections of their houses that touch set-back or he'll do it for them
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by sweetgala(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2023
Resetinc:

You're just saying nonsense, the building contravenes the law, and those buildings are also negatively affecting the lives of other home owners and residents.

People are getting flooded and loosing their properties, I have read stories of vital documents getting destroyed in floods, cars damaged, most flooded houses are damagd because we don't build hosuess with moisture membranes in Nigeria so thr foundation becomes weakened.
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by Abufo: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2023
raysplashinfo:

For God sake ...there is no problem that does not have some sort of solution...even if the solution is not 100% perfect! The canal is expected to carry a specific volume of flood water per distance....if the width has been constrained by development ..........the government should recover as much as possible by taking down fences and boys quarters........to recover the remaining volume,the owners and especially the developers maybe surcharged for the cost of increasing the depth of the canal............if the canal no longer has the required width,compensate by at least increasing depth if possible! The lagos government demolition was even understandable.....it is the FHA abule ado demolition that i find morally reprehensible! you bring down a house because the road network is narrow?? some people get mind o!
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by tomoregie: 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2023
In a recent meeting, Otunba Olumide from Megamound Investment Limited was asked to leave due to his assertive stance. He insisted that his Certificate of Occupancy and other approvals predated the establishment of the Ministry of Environment, asserting that the ministry had no jurisdiction over the estate. Additionally, there have been instances where Megamound's security personnel have reportedly hindered the entry of Lagos State authorities, including EKDC, into the estate.

It appears that Mr. Olumide opted to sell land to developers rather than allocate space for essential flood drainage, which has been a longstanding issue. Furthermore, it has come to light that his brother Gbenga engaged in land reclamation from the canal, subsequently selling it to developers. These developers then built on the land and sold the properties to buyers, many of whom, unfortunately, have yet to receive their rightful documents and titles.

The Ministry of Environment's upcoming initiatives are likely to impact over 100 homes, despite the consideration of alternative proposals. The financial implications of these developments have, regrettably, been transferred to the residents who purchased their homes from Megamound without knowledge of these complications—a truly regrettable circumstance.

the Megamoud rep and estate agents still market properties on promo sales to unsuspecting nairalanders without disclosing all the dubious practices they engage in
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by tomoregie: 6:35pm On Feb 15
ojasweb:

Only few people are truly interested in following the due process.

I am working on a project and the process is quite tough.

I have done the approval and paid nearly 2M to the state government, excluding tax which is required for the full approval. Even at that, i still need to write letter for inspection at every stage of the process.

Many people just play victim but deep down they know that they don't do the due diligence.

What about properties already built and sold without approval? can you please state the Lagos State Office where this is treated?
Re: Demolition: Lagos Yields To Pleas, Gives Property Owners Options To ......... by ojasweb(m): 9:01pm On Feb 15
tomoregie:

What about properties already built and sold without approval? can you please state the Lagos State Office where this is treated?

Property built without approval can still get post construction approval, however, it may be costlier than the preconstruction approval. Importantly, the land must be free from acquisition or disputes.

My own was processed by a person in town planning office. However, the main approval and stage supervision is handled by LASBCA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amputee Joins Buhari Trekkers, Set Out To Abuja From Kaduna Pics / Photos : Jega Leaves INEC, Hands Over / Ummukhulthum Abubakar Sadiq Graduates With 1st Class In Medicine In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.