Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,441 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:00 PM

Herman Cain! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Herman Cain! (4540 Views)

Herman Cain's embarrassing Libya moment / The Powers Behind Herman Cain And Why He Will Win - 24 Minute Documentary / Black Republican Candidate Herman Cain Vs Obama In The Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herman Cain! by thameamead(f): 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2011
cap28:

ahh young love

well at least their marriage has stood the test of time.

What test of time? abeg, he loves blondes.
Re: Herman Cain! by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
Low key
Re: Herman Cain! by cap28: 12:23am On Nov 13, 2011
thameamead:

What test of time? abeg, he loves blondes.

but not enough to abandon his marriage for them,

those hags are nothing but flat out gold diggers and im sure he's smart enough to have figured that out.
Re: Herman Cain! by thameamead(f): 11:53am On Nov 14, 2011
cap28:

but not enough to abandon his marriage for them,

those hags are nothing but flat out gold diggers and im sure he's smart enough to have figured that out.

He's no different to Tiger Woods? What do you mean they are gold diggers? One of them might be, the one who is bn represented by the slapper that had an affair with Tiger Woods is a big LIAR. She gave a press conference, described the alledged incident by reading from a script, that is weird, if Cain has nothing to hide, then the women he paid off should be allowed to talk about it despite the legal binding stopping them from talking about it.
Re: Herman Cain! by Basseti: 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2011
Well, it is not even worth talking about Mr Cain anymore.

He was never a serious candidate and has done very little to pretend to be a serious candidate.

The GOP ticket is Romney's to lose
Re: Herman Cain! by tpia5: 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2011
the whole thing sounds very weird to me.

if indeed he did it, then i doubt he's discriminatory in his approach, meaning it would be any female and race in sight, not only white blondes.

if he prefers blondes then he wouldnt have stayed 43 years with a black woman.

a bit late and rather d.aft to start comparing him to white males with all this he prefers blondes talk.
Re: Herman Cain! by meonbooty: 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2011
tpia@:

the whole thing sounds very weird to me.

if indeed he did it, then i doubt he's discriminatory in his approach, meaning it would be any female and race in sight, not only white blondes.

if he prefers blondes then he wouldnt have stayed 43 years with a black woman.

a bit late and rather d.aft to start comparing him to white males with all this he prefers blondes talk.

Who doesnt like blondes?

When he married his wife, he was a nobody and no blonde would have given him a second look. But once he became the president or NRA, not yinbonyibons, he went after what he had always wanted, Blondes.

BTW, I love blondes, stupiddd, tall, and beautiful.
Re: Herman Cain! by tpia5: 10:19pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^you're white?

thought you were negroid.
Re: Herman Cain! by Roland17(m): 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2011
Its a very big pity he allowed himself to be deceived by the Tea Party, he made it worse by claiming he had no knowledge of the events that have brought him down (sexual harassment accusation) , he had no visible Nomination/ political structure/organization, this made it very easy for the hits to get him flatfooted, his 999 was not well researched as he was fond of altering the plan, it was against the 99% of Americans and just yesterday he displayed dismal knowledge of the American foreign policy, when asked about Obama's action against Libya, he really fumbled there. guess the GOP have got no option than to deal with the much hated Mitt Romney and this makes it easy for Obama to coast home with another victory.
Re: Herman Cain! by Basseti: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2011
Roland17:

guess the GOP have got no option than to deal with the much hated Mitt Romney and[b] this makes it easy for Obama to coast home with another victory[/b].

What makes you come to that conclusion?

As for Alhaji Cain, that dude only wanted to get free advertising as a result of running for the GOP nominee. He only wanted to increase his speaking fees and be able to sell his books. Not his fault that the GOP voters took him seriously.

I am just glad that we have had Obama as a marker for a black man running successfully for the POTUS or else the image of Cain would have been the poster child for a black man running for the presidency.
Re: Herman Cain! by preselect(m): 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2011
There he goes again! Lol!
Re: Herman Cain! by armyofone(m): 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
what is he waiting for? i thot he'd have gone by now.

13years of sha.gging a friend umm, Cain zip up your fly.
Re: Herman Cain! by justwise(m): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2011
armyofone:

what is he waiting for? i thot he'd have gone by now.

13years of sha.gging a friend umm, Cain zip up your fly.
grin grin grin thats a lot of sh[i]agi[/i]ng
Re: Herman Cain! by dayokanu(m): 9:10pm On Dec 01, 2011
Herman would take a decision next week whether to continue his campaign
Re: Herman Cain! by Sagamite(m): 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2011
It has become and offence to shag women?

Tshcew! Shior! undecided
Re: Herman Cain! by armyofone(m): 9:22pm On Dec 01, 2011
a big offence, stay with ya wife ku.nt for better or for worst.

shior kelebe cheesy
saga how now.
Re: Herman Cain! by Sagamite(m): 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
armyofone:

a big offence, stay with ya wife ku.nt for better or for worst.

shior kelebe cheesy
saga how now.

grin grin grin grin grin

I dey o.

You dey?
Re: Herman Cain! by armyofone(m): 3:25am On Dec 02, 2011
Kampe o
cool

Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin

I dey o.

You dey?
Re: Herman Cain! by Sagamite(m): 7:10am On Dec 02, 2011
armyofone:

Kampe o
cool

Shebi you go still vote for me even when I don shakpana all the girls for work and my street na?
Re: Herman Cain! by thameamead(f): 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2011
Sagamite:

It has become and offence to sleep with women?

Tshcew! Shior! undecided

it is an offence o, Cain has no shame, a married man sleeping with women left, right and centre. , shior!
Re: Herman Cain! by Sagamite(m): 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2011
thameamead:

it is an offence o, Cain has no shame, a married man sleeping with women left, right and centre. , shior!

How does that restrain him from setting presidential policy? You think na papal policy e dey run for?
Re: Herman Cain! by armyofone(m): 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2011
thank you, a disgrace to real men with something between their legs.

i can't wait for his wife to dump his sorry behind and go away with a fortune. shameful man, i don't like men who don't consider the woman in their lives.

i'm glad those women came out. he took advantage of vulnerable women (looking for job)
shame on Cain.

thameamead:

Re: Herman Cain! by Sagamite(m): 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2011
armyofone:

thank you, a disgrace to real men with something between their legs.

i can't wait for his wife to dump his sorry behind and go away with a fortune. shameful man, i don't like men who don't consider the woman in their lives.

i'm glad those women came out. he took advantage of vulnerable women (looking for job)
shame on Cain.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He took advantage of "vulnerable" women looking for a job?

Why did they go to him? Why did they not go to HR and drop their CVs? To take advantage of his "vulnerabilty" to boo[i]b[/i]s? tongue grin

Please see the real victim in this. grin
Re: Herman Cain! by isalegan2: 2:01am On Dec 04, 2011
The big wuss dropped out.

Herman Cain Suspends His Campaign
New York Times

An unapologetic and defiant Herman Cain suspended his presidential campaign on Saturday, pledging that he “would not go away” even as he abandoned hope of winning the Republican nomination in the face of escalating accusations of sexual misconduct.

“As of today, with a lot of prayer and soul searching, I am suspending my presidential campaign,” Mr. Cain said at a rally here, surrounded by supporters chanting his name. “Because of the continued distractions, the continued hurt caused on me and my family, not because we are not fighters. Not because I’m not a fighter.”

In suspending his candidacy, as opposed to saying that he was quitting the race or ending his bid, Mr. Cain maintained his ability to accept money to pay for his campaign so far and to finance the new venture that he called his Plan B: to travel the country promoting his tax and foreign policy plans. If Mr. Cain had decided to formally close his campaign organization, he would not be able to use donations that may come in.

The collapse of Mr. Cain’s candidacy, which took off despite his eclectic background as a former pizza executive with virtually no political experience, eliminated another Republican candidate who had briefly led in the polls and drew voters who were unhappy with the assumed frontrunner, Mitt Romney. Newt Gingrich, who is now rising in the polls, could well benefit from Mr. Cain’s exit.

Mr. Cain said he would issue an endorsement soon, without indicating whom he would back.

Mr. Cain, with his wife, Gloria, at his side at the Atlanta rally, said the accusations of sexual harassment and of a 13-year affair were untrue. “I’m at peace with my God,” he said. “I’m at peace with my wife, and she is at peace with me.”

He went out much the way he came in. The circuslike atmosphere — complete with numerous delays, barbecue, a blues band and supporters in colonial-era dress — was in keeping with the campaign’s irreverence and disarray since its inception.

For days now, the campaign had fueled a “will he or won’t he?” storm of speculation, at once thriving on the news media’s attention while denouncing it as the cause of Mr. Cain’s plummeting popularity. Mr. Cain’s critics have long posited that he has been more interested in creating celebrity for himself — as a means to sell books and increase speaking fees — than in making a serious bid for the presidency.

Indeed, in his remarks, Mr. Cain boasted about rising from near obscurity, saying, “Right now, my name I.D. is probably 99.9.”

Still, Mr. Cain, whose standing among likely Republican caucusgoers in Iowa in the latest poll by The Des Moines Register stood at 8 percent, took what may be his last moment in such a large spotlight to denounce the political culture in Washington.

Mr. Cain’s admirers in Atlanta were surprised and disappointed. They blamed the news media, with one of them screaming into the press area after Mr. Cain’s speech.

Lisa Chambers, 48, an unpaid volunteer with the campaign from Snellville, Ga., said: “This is not what I wanted. Not at all. I’m not sure what to do now. I’m so disappointed.”

But other supporters were more pragmatic. Dean Kleckner, a former president of the Iowa Farm Bureau, who gave Mr. Cain an early endorsement, said: “I hate to say this, because he was a remarkable man in many ways, but I honestly think he did the right thing. I’m disappointed in a way, relieved in a way. The polls were just killing him lately.”

Mr. Cain’s political unraveling was as swift and sudden as his ascent. It began just one month after an unlikely surge in the polls, from the bottom ranks to the top tier of Republican candidates, fueled by the strength of his performance in debates, the novelty of his 9-9-9 tax plan, and his Sept. 24 surprise victory in the Florida straw poll.

With his golden voice and folksy manner, Mr. Cain appealed to voters who sought an anti-establishment candidate. Mr. Cain, 65, grew up in poverty in the segregated South, the son of a janitor and a maid. But beyond his personal charm and rags-to-riches biography, he had an eclectic, intriguing résumé: chief executive of Godfather’s Pizza, conservative radio host and chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Mo.

Toward the end of October, more than one survey found that Mr. Cain, who has never held public office, essentially tied with Mr. Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who has had a consistent lead in most polls.

The accusations of sexual misconduct rocked the campaign of a candidate who professed to be a devout Christian and family man, pitching himself to the conservative core of the Republican Party, stood accused of a pattern of lewd sexual behavior by several women. And some of the details were graphic.

A Chicago woman, Sharon Bialek, was the first to come forward publicly. Ms. Bialek said that Mr. Cain made an unwanted and rough physical advance on her 14 years ago when he was the chief of the National Restaurant Association, a lobbying group. After taking her out for a night on the town in Washington, she said, he suggested she engage with him sexually in return for his assistance in finding a job.

Within days, a second woman came forward. That woman, Karen Kraushaar, 55, worked in the government affairs office of the restaurant association for a relatively short time from 1998 to 1999, her tenure being cut short, she said, by her run-ins with Mr. Cain and the discomfort it created for her.

Two other women who complained of harassment by Mr. Cain remained anonymous. But one of those women and Ms. Kraushaar both received the equivalent of a year’s salary in settlements from the restaurant group.

From the moment the harassment accusations were revealed by Politico, on the night of Oct. 30, Mr. Cain, 65, has strongly proclaimed his innocence and sought to cast blame for what he called a smear campaign in a number of different directions. He first accused the liberal news media, then the rival campaign of Gov. Rick Perry of Texas. Ultimately, the Cain campaign acknowledged that it had no evidence of a conspiracy. But still, Mr. Cain’s own version of events surrounding the accusations shifted again and again. Inexperienced on the national stage, he issued an avalanche of confusing and often contradictory statements.

Polls conducted at the time, however, suggested that the crisis was not eroding Mr. Cain’s standing as a top-tier candidate. He continued to campaign as if he was not at the center of a swirling controversy, ignoring the accusations in speeches and not taking questions on the subject from reporters.

“We’re getting back on message, end of story,” Mr. Cain said after a debate in early November. At no point during the nearly three-hour event, a fund-raiser that began with cocktails, did he address the accusations.

“Don’t even go there,” Mr. Cain warned reporters who clamored to ask him at least one question after the event.

But the accusations of sexual misconduct were not Mr. Cain’s only stumbling block.

The very qualities that endeared Mr. Cain to so many conservatives appeared to be beginning to undercut his chances, as questions were raised about his management style and foreign policy expertise.

In a videotaped interview with the editorial board of The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that went viral on the Web, Mr. Cain became flustered when asked to assess President Obama’s policy toward Libya, raising questions about his command of foreign policy as he lurched over five minutes from awkward pauses to halting efforts to answer.

Compared with his rivals, Mr. Cain hardly campaigned in New Hampshire and Iowa. Former staff members complained that he spent the bulk of his time on a book tour through the South when he should have been organizing a grass-roots operation. He occasionally mishandled potential big donors or ignored real voters, former staff members and supporters said in interviews.

Still, the “Cain train,” as he liked to call his campaign, chugged along, drawing spirited crowds who chanted “9-9-9” and “We want Herman Cain!”

As Thanksgiving approached, it seemed as though Mr. Cain might survive his troubles after all. The whirlwind of news about the allegations had died down a bit. And Mr. Cain spent his time off the trail brushing up on foreign and national security issues. But just then, on the Monday after Thanksgiving, a fifth woman, Ginger White, came forward, telling a local television reporter in Atlanta, that she and Mr. Cain had only recently ended a 13-year extramarital affair.

Ms. White produced phone records in an effort to prove that they called or texted each other frequently, and Mr. Cain acknowledged giving her financial support — and also, that his wife of 43 years had been unaware of what he insisted was only a friendship.

The day after Ms. White’s revelation, Mr. Cain said he was considering dropping his bid, as leading conservative voices and party leaders began to question his handling of all the women’s claims. And some of his supporters and defenders also began backing away.

On a conference call with staff members and a few big supporters on Tuesday, Mr. Cain said, “It’s also taken a toll on my wife and my family, as you would imagine.”

As of late Thursday, Mr. Cain said that the ultimate decision would rest with Mrs. Cain, with whom he spent Friday night at home in suburban Atlanta.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/us/politics/herman-cain-suspends-his-presidential-campaign.html?_r=1&hp
Re: Herman Cain! by armyofone(m): 3:45am On Dec 04, 2011
and why is he putting on dark glass?
ashamed to let the world see his red eyes?
i hope he zip his fly henceforth and not send poor wifey to early grave.
go and sin no more (sin more) you are now free to go take advantage of more women.
good raddiance to stinking rubbish.

why was the wifey there btw? she should be home resting and let him carry his cross alone  tongue
Re: Herman Cain! by AfroBlue(m): 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2011
Re: Herman Cain! by thameamead(f): 10:55am On Dec 05, 2011
Mr No Shame "am at peace with my wife and she is at peace with me, he dropped out because he is guilty of having had a mistress for 13yrs. I feel sorry for wife, he's humilated her, its not all bad news he can always go on a speaking tour, he can take Sarah Palin's place, they are both clueless about foreign policy. Newt Ginrich will definately be the Republican candidate, he's nothing to write home about, he's no different to Cain, seriel philanderer,married to his mistress, he's on his third marriage, he had to buy her $1M diamands so as to support him, he accepted millions of dollars from one of the sub-prime mortgage companies, he's arrogant, cocky,
Re: Herman Cain! by cap28: 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2011
I cant understand why he got involved with this rubbish in the first place - all this stuff about his personal life was bound to come out of the closet.

thameamead:

Mr No Shame "am at peace with my wife and she is at peace with me, he dropped out because he is guilty of having had a mistress for 13yrs. I feel sorry for wife, he's humilated her, its not all bad news he can always go on a speaking tour, he can take Sarah Palin's place, they are both clueless about foreign policy. Newt Ginrich will definately be the Republican candidate, he's nothing to write home about, he's no different to Cain, seriel philanderer,married to his mistress, he's on his third marriage, he had to buy her $1M diamands so as to support him, he accepted millions of dollars from one of the sub-prime mortgage companies, he's arrogant, cocky,

Yeah you're spot on about Gringrich - ive never liked him, i remember when he was trying to impeach Clinton over the Lewinsky scandal even though unknown to the public he was carrying on an affair with another woman whilst still married.  If not for his money no woman would give him the tiime of day.
Re: Herman Cain! by armyofone(m): 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2011
someone should ask him to dye that whitish hair. it will be interesting if they pick him over Romney. I'm waiting for their first meeting in few weeks time.
Re: Herman Cain! by Sagamite(m): 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
Thameamead and armyofone, why are you hating on this man's game na? shocked

He is vulnerable, all he needs at this moment is your support. tongue grin
Re: Herman Cain! by tpia5: 10:44pm On Dec 06, 2011
far too easy to pin s.ex on a black man.
Re: Herman Cain! by preselect(m): 11:54pm On Dec 06, 2011

If not for his money no woman would give him the tiime of day.

That's like saying 'if not for sex I would never have put my pen-s into her vag-na'
That's the attraction of women grin
99.9% of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ten Youngest Current World Leaders / Israel Downs Iranian Drone, Strikes Syria; Israeli F-16 Shot Down, Pilots Safe / Here Is What The Ancient Israelites Looked Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.