Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? (363 Views)

How Can I Become A Web Developer? / Must I Become A Programmer To Own A Start-up? / HELP Needed On A Magneto Ecommerce Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by oluwaniyi66(m): 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2023
Hi all,

Please I need advise and guidance on how to become a magneto developer. Thank you
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by qtguru(m): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2023
Magento you need PHP, Advanced PHP Design Pattern and their Mage class documentation. Magento is complex af though
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by Alphabyte2: 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2023
oluwaniyi66:
Hi all,

Please I need advise and guidance on how to become a magneto developer. Thank you

You don't need to learn theme/template development in PHP using Magento when there is themeforest just learn how to deploy on hosting provider like namecheap or hostinger cpanel hosting . Check YouTube on how to deploy and customize Magento.It involves understanding basic PHP Magento's architecture.
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:33am On Dec 16, 2023
Men find something better and learn. If you want to work with big high end commerce systems I will be looking at something like sap hybris.
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by LooneyLester: 11:15am On Dec 16, 2023
Learn scala or ocaml now before you regret it
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2023
LooneyLester:
Learn scala or ocaml now before you regret it

Ocaml is useless for someone in Nigeria. How many Nigerians living in Nigeria without a green card will work at jane street or capital one?
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by Alphabyte2: 1:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Ocaml is useless for someone in Nigeria. How many Nigerians living in Nigeria without a green card will work at jane street or capital one?

U can if you leave the country and obtain residency
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
Alphabyte2:

U can if you leave the country and obtain residency

But not easy to obtain residency so its useless. It also costs money to leave the country so people need what will give them money now.
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by Alphabyte2: 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

But not easy to obtain residency so its useless. It also costs money to leave the country so people need what will give them money now.

Yeah it is expensive but many developers are leaving Nigeria because no job in the country many work visa are hiring software engineers especially senior engineers.

I know of someone that is an android developer and cybersecurity analyst he left the country because no future for him in Nigeria .
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by bassdow: 7:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
oluwaniyi66:
Hi all,

...but you failed to list out your current skill set, and if you speak any computer languages at all
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by bassdow: 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
Alphabyte2:

You don't need to learn theme/template development in PHP using Magento when there is themeforest just learn how to deploy on hosting provider like namecheap or hostinger cpanel hosting . Check YouTube on how to deploy and customize Magento.It involves understanding basic PHP Magento's architecture.

Then he's neither a designer nor a developer. Just a hustler
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by bassdow: 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Yeah it is expensive but many developers are leaving Nigeria because no job in the country many work visa are hiring software engineers especially senior engineers.

I know of someone that is an android developer and cybersecurity analyst he left the country because no future for him in Nigeria .

...yet I myself have had opportunity of leaving the country 3-times already but turned it down. 2 of such opportunities were from clients. All I needed was my passport.

You see eh, most people leaving the country don't necessarily have reasons to. na same country una dey rush comot, Oyinbo dey rush enter. You see people spending so so much to leave the country and to make matters worse, they mostly have no skills to begin with. They just have this mentality of when I get there, I would find a way.

Hopefully, anyday I final decides leaving, I wouldn't regret not taking the opportunities when they presented themselves.
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by Alphabyte2: 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2023
bassdow:

...yet I myself have had opportunity of leaving the country 3-times already but turned it down. 2 of such opportunities were from clients. All I needed was my passport.

You see eh, most people leaving the country don't necessarily have reasons to. na same country una dey rush comot, Oyinbo dey rush enter. You see people spending so so much to leave the country and to make matters worse, they mostly have no skills to begin with. They just have this mentality of when I get there, I would find a way.

Hopefully, anyday I final decides leaving, I wouldn't regret not taking the opportunities when they presented themselves.

In the US and UK thousands have lose their job due to rise in cost of operation. Look at what is happening in FANG where senior engineers are laid off . Data have shown inflation and foreign Nigerian citizens have to compete with exceptional Ex FANG engineers. Leading to higher level of depression. 2023 has One of highest employment rate in US.

Life abroad is all about work for many hours to pay bills you have little time to make friends. It is not for the lazy but hard working PHD holder abroad can do care job cleaning up houses of people .
Re: How Can I Become A Magneto Developer? by oluwaniyi66(m): 11:14am On Dec 21, 2023
bassdow:

...but you failed to list out your current skill set, and if you speak any computer languages at all

Thank you sir.

Currently a react developer. I think becoming a shopify developer is better? How can I become shopify developer?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Junior Dev Wanted / Help!! / How Hard Is Data Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.