Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Help With Stocks And Brokers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help With Stocks And Brokers (784 Views)

Forex Brokers In Nigeria / Stocks And Real Estate: Which Is Better? / I Resigned From A Forex Brokerage Firm; Falsehood Of Some Brokers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Stocks And Brokers by KingDavids: 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2007
I subsribed to the first bank IPO and the only document i have today is only the payment voucher.
Now my question is (1) what are the processes of engaging a broker(2) what documents are expected from myself/broker
(3)How soon do i get a share certificate from First bank(4) what is the cost of these transactions with a broker varying from managing my units and commissions?
Re: Help With Stocks And Brokers by atilla(m): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2007
sorry for my quick response

subsribed to the first bank IPO and the only document i have today is only the payment voucher.
Now my question is (1) what are the processes of engaging a broker(2) what documents are expected from myself/broker
(3)How soon do i get a share certificate from First bank(4) what is the cost of these transactions with a broker varying from managing my units and commissions?

1. Fill the account opening forms and then
2. u will provide KYC documents (passport photo, id and utility bill) broker :CSCS account number, your statement, receipt for cash/certs
3. Approximately January
4. In my company 1.5% commision buying and selling.

if you need moreinfo let me know

www.citiinvestcap.com
Re: Help With Stocks And Brokers by mee25(m): 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2007
@ATILLA

Approximately january even with the new directives of SEC and CBN that certificates should be issued 6 nweeks post public offers?
Re: Help With Stocks And Brokers by Temmie10(m): 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2007
Actually if the certs come out in January, i would be surprised, thats only 6 months,
I expect it would take longer.
Re: Help With Stocks And Brokers by atilla(m): 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2007
@mee25 yes now. This is Nigeria if they change something now it wouldnt affect things that were gone in the past e.g the first bank offer. besides that January is wishful thinking.

(1) (Reply)

Get A Free Website With Every Domain Purchase Starting From N6000 / Monitor Your Stocks Online! / Will Game Business And Game Competition Give Huge Profits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.