Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace (15719 Views)

Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React / Robbers Attack Air Peace Aircraft While Taxiing To Take Off At Lagos Airp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by samuelson06(m): 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
OdafeESNkingsly:

Just look at mumu talk

That's like a bank saying their Generator wasn't working and they ask customers to go out because of heat for 2 hours without apologies

Or Uber and Taxify Driver you paid to drive you delayed you for 2 hours without apologies, and still went on to say he was fixing his AC

And to come back after 2 hours under the sun

Very stupid people are are still supporting Airpeace on this thread

#50k to #100k ticket

You are the stupid person here. Do you expect them to carry around a device that's part of an airport? Go play your gambling, please. That's all you know.

1 Like

Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by OdafeESNkingsly: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
samuelson06:

You are the stupid person here. Do you expect them to carry around a device that's part of an airport? Go play your gambling, please. That's all you know.

It's not part of an airport but a generator

How stupid are youths of this generation
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Uwaiwe: 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2023
nlfpmod:

Air Peace
Yeye Airpeace currently their passenger s are stranded at Nnamdi int airport Abuja. Flight from Abj to port Harcourt schedule for 15:50 in the afternoon till now, 20:50 the flight has not departed and no reason given by Airpeace . If Airpeace is not ready for business they should stop taking passengers for granted. How do you expect passengers to wait from 3pm till midnight still no.hope of travelling
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by nedekid: 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
immortalcrown:
The passenger wey make the video go dey ashamed now. If Airpeace na wicked company, na to sue the passenger. And you know what? Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Every small thing, people don make video post. E dey help most times. But e dey flop sometimes.

Do you know why I believe Airpeace? If GPU was not the problem, the airport authority will not let Airpeace blame GPU because a false blame on the airport GPU means a defamation to the airport authority.
Exactly.
What they could do is ban him on all airpeace flights, talk to other airlines to do the same.
Make him de enter peace mass transit or better still drive himself.

1 Like

Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by magzey: 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2023
OdafeESNkingsly:

Are you programmed to ask foolish question
good answer grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Salowise: 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2023
immortalcrown:
The passenger wey make the video go dey ashamed now. If Airpeace na wicked company, na to sue the passenger. And you know what? Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Every small thing, people don make video post. E dey help most times. But e dey flop sometimes.

Do you know why I believe Airpeace? If GPU was not the problem, the airport authority will not let Airpeace blame GPU because a false blame on the airport GPU means a defamation to the airport authority.

Sue him for what exactly, if there wasn't a fault somewhere he wouldn't have made a complaint, and airpeace never denied it but came out to say yes there was something wrong but wasn't from us.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by immortalcrown(m): 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2023
Salowise:
Sue him for what exactly, if there wasn't a fault somewhere he wouldn't have made a complaint, and airpeace never denied it but came out to say yes there was something wrong but wasn't from us.
He should have said he doesn't know what was wrong with the aircraft. But he specifically said the aircraft was faulty.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Salowise: 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
immortalcrown:
He should have said he doesn't know what was wrong with the aircraft. But he specifically said the aircraft was faulty.
If it were you, what will you say in that situation especially when you have no knowledge about aviation aside boarding flights.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by immortalcrown(m): 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2023
Salowise:
If it were you, what will you say in that situation especially when you have no knowledge about aviation aside boarding flights.
I will simply say the flight was delayed for a reason unknown to me.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Nonywendy(m): 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2023
UptownVibes:
I know that Ground Power Unit is different.. The passenger could only explain what he observed,cux I was not there and you weren't there either. And I say again, If the aircraft was actually faulty, you don't expect the company to come out to say it was faulty.. I no put water for mouth talk am..
Airpeace makes a post where their aircraft is faulty and when it's resolved. Haven't u seen severally when they said their aircraft has engine damage due to bird strike? Airpeace is being fair and open to their passengers bro
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by fitinwell: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2023
nlfpmod:

Air Peace

Then what happens to Airpeace APU...

If the GPU was faulty at that time.. then the Pilot may engage the APUs and also power up the Engines on idle mode... To power up the cooling units...
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Salowise: 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
immortalcrown:
I will simply say the flight was delayed for a reason unknown to me.
You sound cool but I'm coolest grin grin Sha different people have a way they react, for me I'll not say a word as long I'm safe I'll just walk as if nothing happened while others do the talking. But his statement never got to the point of being sued, it's good he made the statement so that those people will fix things.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by NwaliE01: 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
OdafeESNkingsly:

Just look at mumu talk

That's like a bank saying their Generator wasn't working and they ask customers to go out because of heat for 2 hours without apologies

Or Uber and Taxify Driver you paid to drive you delayed you for 2 hours without apologies, and still went on to say he was fixing his AC

#50k to #100k ticket

I actually took out time to go through your piece thinking I will see sence in it but unfortunately, it was missing.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by muykem: 11:12pm On Dec 15, 2023
immortalcrown:

Do you know why I believe Airpeace? If GPU was not the problem, the airport authority will not let Airpeace blame GPU because a false blame on the airport GPU means a defamation to the airport authority. So, the passenger intended to cast Airpeace but ended up casting the airport authority.
You can't sue the passenger. Something actually went wrong and the passenger is not a professional to understand aviation terms.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Charlesedet: 11:39pm On Dec 15, 2023
Gpu na power bank wer airport authorities d provide for different airlift companies operatiñ within d port, den deuse charge d plane Everytime d plañe station for airport.
So na airport authorities fault, d passenger just sub glo 5gb hourly plan plan wer for expire before dem land
😜😜🤔😜😜😜🤔🤔🤔😜😜
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by buJu234: 11:42pm On Dec 15, 2023
Airline operators should expect more of these na...

As more and more ignorant Nigerians travel by air due to insecurity, they will be complaining about things they knw nothing about.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by davidque007(m): 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2023
That passenger did not tell a lie, he may not have understood exactly what was going on but something major was definitely wrong. I say this confidently because i also experienced the same power issue on today's Airpeace flight as well. Now i understand why almost all their flights were delayed. It also turned out that i must have flown with this same plane that was reported. While we were taxing, we had to stop because power went off in the plane and kept doing that for close to an hour before we were able to fly, some passengers had already started to rant and shout at the pilot to let us out. I hope Airpeace tackles this issue squarely and not risk the lives of people
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Ucheamani(m): 11:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
OdafeESNkingsly:

Just look at mumu talk

#50k to #100k ticket

Why not check the meaning of GPU instead of comparing apple with oranges

1 Like

Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Ucheamani(m): 12:03am On Dec 16, 2023
Kcfresh2103:
undecided aircraft not faulty, but GPU was unserviceable. At the end there was an issue that required you guys attention to be fixed and was fixed. So which one be all this denial tactics.

GPU is like a generator owned and operated by the airport mgt. They are used to power the aircraft while on ground and part of the facilities paid for by airlines in an airport terminal. Airline cannot reasonably be held responsible for a faulty ground handling system
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by TheOldGods: 1:12am On Dec 16, 2023
immortalcrown:

Do you know why I believe Airpeace? If GPU was not the problem, the airport authority will not let Airpeace blame GPU because a false blame on the airport GPU means a defamation to the airport authority. So, the passenger intended to cast Airpeace but ended up casting the airport authority.
sue him for what exactly?
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by dakido(m): 2:41am On Dec 16, 2023
RisenJoe:
This issue wasn't even airpeace fault sef,

EG_the GPU na like fuel pump for filling station, if the fuel pump get fault den you can't refuel to power your motor

Some Nigerians with their oversabi beer parlour analysis, everybody wan trend online to the extent that no due process is followed to ask questions about events.

Bro, the aircraft was faulty!!! But it isn’t a major fault that affect safety of the passengers when airborne. The power unit of the aircraft which is meant to power things like light, AC, and other minor things before the aircraft engine is been put on during Taxi to then take over wasn’t working. So they’ll have to deploy GPU “ground power unit” to power the minor things while passengers board to avoid heat or discomfort.

If airpeace sue this one for defamation now, hope say he go come defend himself and bring evidence backing what he said, talk no dey cheap like dat lol cos what you say can save or kill someone.

Now that this thing have happened, I know that some sadwesters skull miners will start spewing rubbish out of that mouth they use to eat algae soup. Haters of Igbo people, but God pass una.

BTW everything in Nigeria is tribalized since the emergenc of APC
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by makaveli902: 6:02am On Dec 16, 2023
immortalcrown:

They should have explained this in the first instance, not wait until someone has made a video or something before coming out clean.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 16, 2023
That's one hell of a misinformed malfeasant Agbado miscreant.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 16, 2023
That's one hell of a misinformed malfeasant Agbado miscreant trying to lamba air peace. But then again, something was actually FAULTY. Peace to both parties.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Solsix(m): 7:49am On Dec 16, 2023
immortalcrown:

Erisco comes to mind
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Pootle: 11:06am On Dec 16, 2023
MadamExcellency:

If the AC in my car runs out of gas, does it mean my car is faulty and cannot move?

good question, you know why this country cant get better na because oversabi plenty pass ppl wey sabi undecided
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by safetyInspector(m): 12:01pm On Dec 16, 2023
You are talking as if you are not in Nigeria. No airline in this country pays you for delay, they only apologies to you. Ibom Air cancelled my flight to Calabar to Abuja on 24th Oct. I got the cancellation email by 10pm 23rd night for 24th afternoon flight. I could not get any other flight from Calabar, I had only an option of doing Calabar-Abuja by road because I had a flight out of Abuja the next day. It took Ibom Air 3weeks to refund me and they said that Insurance cost is not refundable.
OdafeESNkingsly:

Show me where delays are agreed to in a ticket flight

It's like you think you are talking to a novice in aviation sector
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Jasonekah98: 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
People saying the passenger was right so not even know the meaning and function of a gpu. You've got the internet, please use it. The plane itself wasn't faulty, the GPU na external device on it's own. Una go just read something, then reply to show your naivety and your lack of reading skills. Pathetic lot
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by magicminister: 5:31am On Dec 17, 2023
We do not thank airpeace enough for what they are doing for Nigerian aviation!
flew around the country using airpeace and it was some of the best landings I have ever experienced and I have flown around the world.
Re: Our Aircraft Was Not Faulty, The GPU Was Unserviceable - Air Peace by Godsownfc(m): 7:02pm On Jan 02
Make e no happen again oh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Opens Visa Centre In Abuja / Nigeria Excluded As UAE Announces 5-Year Multiple-entry Tourist Visa / Mojor Towns In Northern Nigeria(arewa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.