Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts (23391 Views)

Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale / Ondo Gov, Aiyedatiwa, EXCOs Pay Condolence Visit To The Akeredolus (Photos) / Ondo: Akeredolu’s Planned Return Sets Acting Gov In Panic Mode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by jookco(m): 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
spy24:
angry

I will always say it, the biggest problem we have in Nigeria are governor's first, followed by the legislative arm at the federal level of government

Those two arms/tiers of government causes this country more arm than the presidency but Nigerians won't understand

Absolutely

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by jaxxy(m): 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
favor914:
Foolish Governor, where did he get those powers from, joint account doesn’t make it your account, na the state legislators I will blame, where is the law separating the accounts of the state & Local Government? they are all the same criminals, in fact we are all criminals.

Nonsense.

I'm more interested in accountability and transparency. How we we hold these people accountable for how public funds are spent.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by Hoelujohn: 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2023
ednut1:
Imagine the president freezing the account of all state governors. LGA are supposed to be autonomous. what is all this rubbish na
Imagine the federal government paying the salary of state teachers. That's what is happening in states. Pry sch Teachers are meant to be paid by LGA but the state government is the one doing so. What do you expect?

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by Melagros(m): 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2023
iwaeda:

Power is transient. Aketi may NEVER return as governor. If we all realise this. grin grin grin grin
Iwaeda you didn't answer my question. You used to be pro but now you're against...what's up
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by frankson1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 16, 2023
favor914:
Foolish Governor, where did he get those powers from, joint account doesn’t make it your account, na the state legislators I will blame, where is the law separating the accounts of the state & Local Government? they are all the same criminals, in fact we are all criminals.

Nonsense.

He did well.

All accounts should remain frozen until he settles into his new position before the LG Chairmen withdraw and waste funds ment for developments.
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by bentenny(m): 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
Sincerely,one of biggest stumbling block to the progress of Nigeria is our lopsided,wicked and undemocratic constitution!

1 Like

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by Ayatullah(m): 6:33pm On Dec 16, 2023
TREAD CAREFULLY MR. DEPUTY GOVERNOR!

Has he forgotten he signed an undated resignation letter kept safely inside President Bola Ahmed Tinubu's drawer?

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by JAMO4REAL1(m): 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2023
He just started very soon he go start sacking the commissional

1 Like

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by izubext007: 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
Another war 🔫 is cooking
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
favor914:

Nonsense.
read your constitution State and local govt maintain joint account until it's reviewed gorvenors have enormously powers in that regard..
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by PHAYOL81: 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
When power changes hands, the aura around the atmosphere changes. Whether this is good or bad for the people of ONDO, only tomorrow shall tell. I don't wann get to foreward in my judgement

1 Like

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by jrusky(m): 7:39pm On Dec 16, 2023
free2ryhme:

Dem go hear am

Bro just watch as those busy body from my region a k a nose divers will carry Ondo matter for head and start attacking you for speaking a word of wisdom.

Now the fight against him is getting bigger, Aketi loyalist one side, the state assembly one side now the Local Govt chairmen one side.

In life when you fail to understand there is time to talk and time to keep quiet, time to go loud and time to reserve, time to fight snd time to shield the sword that person will end in a pit of doom.

Mr Ayedatiwa calm down those singing your praise today will mock you tomorrow life is slow and steady and not gragra like those motherfucker ipobidients "666" sons and daughters of the beast bastards.
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by Fearyourcreator: 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2023
spy24:
angry

I will always say it, the biggest problem we have in Nigeria are governor's first, followed by the legislative arm at the federal level of government

Those two arms/tiers of government causes this country more harm than the presidency but Nigerians won't understand
NIGERIAns no dey really think deep na... Very easy to decieve

1 Like

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by Fujiyama: 9:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
undecided

So we are still on this.

Nearly a quarter of a century after this country's return to civil rule - and the tier of government that's closest to the people is still in slavery? undecided

This country is going nowhere fast. The steps to deepen this democracy (and make it work the way proper democracies should) are right in front of us. We either take them or we don't.

Contact your SHA lawmaker right now and tell him/her that there will be electoral consequences if local governments are not allowed to do their jobs. This joint account nonsense has got to go. If your lawmaker doesn't respond with answers, remind him/her of your powers of recall. And if your state governor ignores your views on this matter - send him a message that you'll be waiting for him at the polls.

Do something.

Now.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by lordphenom: 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
adigun27:
Godbless the acting Governor Mr acting Governor plss the pallaitive for civil servant are not paid to some people I means 35k, plss probe that,all d fake created lcda plss probe,state security network amotekun should be probe, osopadec should also be probe,owo poly covertion to university without paying owned salary for 9month should be probe, ondo women sweeper should be probe no human should be paid 10k per month,and they are collecting 50k from Govt ment, contract awarded should by Jide should be probe, forgery should be probe and finally aragbaye, akinterinwa, bola alabi,jide Betty head of service should all be probe

If you realise that the signature that placed him there was also forged, you won't be saying all these. He can't probe signature forgery... Never
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by ufuosman(m): 10:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by Omodua(m): 10:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

One failed presidential candidate like that did not even conduct LG elections for the 8 years that he was in power for. He grabbed all the LG funds to himself.

Name Names.

Coward.
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by nnol(m): 10:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

One failed presidential candidate like that did not even conduct LG elections for the 8 years that he was in power for. He grabbed all the LG funds to himself.

Lol, nah Kwankwaso be that.
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by Caseless: 2:22am On Dec 17, 2023
favor914:

Nonsense.
During the constitutional amendment, some house of assemblies voted against their own autonomy. You don't expect them to work to make the LGs autonomous.

True independence for CBN, INEC, Judiciary, state houses of assembly, LGs, police, etc, would definitely JumpStart our development.
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by Caseless: 2:29am On Dec 17, 2023
Fujiyama:
undecided

So we are still on this.

Nearly a quarter of a century after this country's return to civil rule - and the tier of government that's closest to the people is still in slavery? undecided

This country is going nowhere fast. The steps to deepen this democracy (and make it work the way proper democracies should) are right in front of us. We either take them or we don't.

Contact your SHA lawmaker right now and tell him/her that there will be electoral consequences if local governments are not allowed to do their jobs. This joint account nonsense has got to go. If your lawmaker doesn't respond with answers, remind him/her of your powers of recall. And if your state governor ignores your views on this matter - send him a message that you'll be waiting for him at the polls.

Do something.

Now.
It's not that easy. I don't know why framers of the constitution were so stupid not to make the state assembly, State electoral commissions, State house of assembly, LGs, State judiciary, etc, not truly independent, but kept under the control of the governor.

In fact, some SHAs voted against giving autonomy in the last constitutional amendment exercise.

The state should be detached from the LGs and should not be the ones conducting elections for them. They should stop this appointments of LGs chairmen.
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by Fujiyama: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2023
Caseless:
It's not that easy. I don't know why framers of the constitution were so stupid not to make the state assembly, State electoral commissions, State house of assembly, LGs, State judiciary, etc, not truly independent, but kept under the control of the governor.

^^^
"They" did it on purpose. It was deliberate.

And...those who did it are not stupid. Far from it. They knew exactly what they were doing.

It was all by design.

However...the solution is straightforward. Although this matter may seem complicated and difficult, it is not. Local governments are a constitutionally ordained tier of government...and should not be enslaved by any other tier of government. The matter IS settled. The choice is in the hands of Nigerians: insist through your representatives that local governments must be allowed to perform their constitutional duties without let or hindrance. If Nigerians choose to ignore an obvious solution to some of their most urgent daily problems...then we deserve all the pain and suffering we are going through - and more.

Caseless:
In fact, some SHAs voted against giving autonomy in the last constitutional amendment exercise.

^^^
Of course they did. They are doing the bidding of the political interests who put them there...and they will keep up with this outrageous behaviour until voters say "enough". It is up to voters to say "enough"!

Caseless:
The state should be detached from the LGs and should not be the ones conducting elections for them. They should stop this appointments of LGs chairmen.

^^^
You think "they" don't know all this? undecided

Like I said, it is up to Nigerians to decide how they want to live. If Nigerians in remote (and not so remote) communities believe that it makes sense for a state governor in the state capital (hundreds of kilometres away) to decide if, when and how trunk C roads are constructed and maintained...or that it makes sense for state governors to decide how waste disposal is carried out in a fishing or farming community in a border town or village...then we deserve all the hardship that comes our way.

A significant proportion of Nigerians (young people obviously) have shown time and again that they can actually demonstrate high levels of voter participation or citizen action - if they want to. This Big Brother Naija and Big Brother Africa nonsense has proved this - in the initial editions at least - when viewers could vote (by text) for or against "house members" on these shows. (I don't know how the current format works.) So...Nigerians in their tens of thousands can vote on a TV show (and campaign relentlessly on behalf of BBN 'house members' they don't even know shocked) but the same Nigerians don't care about how their local government is run?

We are not serious.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by AmazingELixir: 11:38am On Dec 17, 2023
adigun27:
Godbless the acting Governor Mr acting Governor plss the pallaitive for civil servant are not paid to some people I means 35k, plss probe that,all d fake created lcda plss probe,state security network amotekun should be probe, osopadec should also be probe,owo poly covertion to university without paying owned salary for 9month should be probe, ondo women sweeper should be probe no human should be paid 10k per month,and they are collecting 50k from Govt ment, contract awarded should by Jide should be probe, forgery should be probe and finally aragbaye, akinterinwa, bola alabi,jide Betty head of service should all be probe

grin grin grin

If they probe all the agencies and personalities you listed who then is left out in the government.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by Ayopercent(m): 11:49am On Dec 17, 2023
Hoelujohn:

Imagine the federal government paying the salary of state teachers. That's what is happening in states. Pry sch Teachers are meant to be paid by LGA but the state government is the one doing so. What do you expect?
My brother, it's not really like that. The primary school education/teachers is been sponsored by three fathers (federal, state and local govt), this happened as a result of the UBE act... States also domesticate the act (SUBEB). UNTIL WE HAVE TRUE FEDERALISM, THIS AND OTHER PROBLEMS CONTINUES...
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by Arapmoi22: 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2023
Acting Governor Aiyedatiwa has termed this news as "FAKE NEWS"
Re: Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts by adigun27: 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2023
Who is Bello
iwaeda:

Has FG Paid the N35k after September, Nlfpmod. Ondo is close to my heart, because of love. He may sack ALL the commissioners, except, Bello. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? / Obiano Moves To Construct Railway In Anambra / Buhari To Commission Ikeja Bus Terminus As He Visits Lagos Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.