Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale (19281 Views)

Ondo Gov, Aiyedatiwa, EXCOs Pay Condolence Visit To The Akeredolus (Photos) / Ondo Acting Gov, Aiyedatiwa Freezes LGs Accounts / Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by GuruboiNaija: 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
Former Senior Special Assistant on Special Duties and Strategy to the late Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State, Doyin Odebowale, has explained why he can’t work with the newly sworn-in governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa.

Odebowale explained that he worked with Akeredolu for about three decades, hence can’t commit the same level of dedication and loyalty to Aiyedatiwa.

Odebowale, alongside other key aides to late Akeredolu, resigned their appointments following the governor’s death.

On Wednesday, Akeredolu gave up the ghost in Germany after battling with prostrate cancer.

Addressing journalists in Akure, Odebowale recalled how he convinced Akeredolu to contest the 2018 gubernatorial election.

He said, “I have worked with Akeredolu for 30 years. I was the last person who convinced him to contest the previous election.

“I wrote all his campaign content. It is more of a personal reason for me. I have nothing against whoever is in office now.

“I have nothing left to do in the office when the person who brought me there is no longer there. I can’t remain in that space and pretend.

“I can’t be as committed as I was with Akeredolu because I got all his support. It was not political. He gave me the wings to fly. He was my brother, like a family.”
https://.ng/2023/12/31/ondo-why-i-cant-work-with-gov-aiyedatiwa-akeredolus-ex-aide-odebowale/

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by Racoon(m): 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2023
Just dey play! Next person on board please.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by duduade: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
If you can't work with him, another person who will be loyal to him will work with him.

Obviously the new Governor couldn't and never was interested in working with someone who was loyal to his ex boss who himself was never loyal to I presume

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by illicit(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2023
Whatever

🦧

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by JAMO4REAL1(m): 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2023
Good of u loyal to ur master after death correct man i likeu

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by bennybuhari: 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
Fear fear, liar liar. You were all over the tv abusing the deputy governor and saying Akeredolu will return. Now you quickly ran away when that same deputy is the governor

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by Judolisco(m): 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
Talk Truth... U dey part of d people wey dey fight d current governor

Na akeredolu u dey serve or ondo?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by abobote: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
There's no way you can work with him, the explanation is not needed

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by Redomi(m): 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
Shame make you resign

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by opamoses1: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
Like the new governor cares.

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by Tofu4us: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by grandstar(m): 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2023
Both seem to have fully white hairs

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by opamoses1: 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2023
Paystack:
Yorubas are not united.

They believe Ekiti, Ondo and Ogun are slaves of Hausa and Fulanis

Apart from head chopping which other good thing can come out of those caves?
New goverment new dispensation.

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by YesDaddyTill203: 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
Respect.

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by opamoses1: 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2023
Paystack:
Yorubas are not united.

They believe Ekiti, Ondo and Ogun are slaves of Hausa and Fulanis

Apart from head chopping which other good thing can come out of those caves?
You are a tribalist.

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by seunayantokun(m): 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2023
Some things are better imagined than experienced. How many people know that Lucky Aiyedatiwa was suggested to Akeredolu by Betty? But he and others have backstabbed the couple, if the interview granted by Akeredolu's ex aide is anything to go by.
https://www.youtube.com/live/ZFx3QkkDtyk?si=elvFf-CC2HpKq8Xu
Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by Chispa: 4:35pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ebi n pa wa o. Tinubu.

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by opamoses1: 4:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
Chispa:
Ebi n pa wa o. Tinubu.
Lol. Some people are hungry before Tinubu and they will still be hungry after Tinubu. E.g the e-beggers on Nairaland.

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by tophumble(m): 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2023
When u are serving the state, ur loyalty should be to the state, so even if Aketi is no more and u believe that he shares the same ideology with the present Governor, then it will not be hard to remain loyal.

Just tell us that u felt u will succeed Aketi, but since his death did not allow that arrangement to stand, u had to resign. Simple!
Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by Starships4u(m): 4:44pm On Dec 31, 2023
Politrics
Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by wunmi590(m): 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2023

Lies upon lies, if they give you ticket yo run as the governor you will ba? Since you said you have nothing left to fo in the government...

Believe politicians at your own peril
Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by Wuless82(m): 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2023
Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by regaliaregalia: 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2023

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by YourGFsnatcher: 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
I hope its true

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by Stanbaba30: 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2023
Loyalty is sacred. God bless your decision. 🙏

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by MamaletASO: 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2023
This newly accidentally ondo state governor sworn-in must definitely have a very bad past antecedents...

He command NO respect from people because he is a nobody..without good past..

I quote:
...I have nothing against whoever is in the office now..

Re: Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale by Panfido: 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2023
There is more to this your explanation that you are not vomitting. It is well.

Soldiers Take Over Azibaola Robert's Construction Site / Ngwuta Earns N24m Annually, Spent N500m In 10 Months –AGF / Police Teargas And Injure Shia Muslims On Arbaeen Trek In Abuja (Photos)