Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,585 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law (26826 Views)

Rivers State House Of Assembly, Factional speaker, Ehie Edison Resigns / Rivers Assembly: Ehie Edison Declares The Seats Of 25 Defected Members Vacant / Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by Areacleo: 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
casualobserver:
When I was young “chief” was a big deal but they gave away chieftancy so freely that now none of my generation places any value, regard or reverence for “chief” or has any desire to be one. Some that are chiefs dont call themselves chief.

Now they are giving doctorate to every riff raff, that there is suspicion when you use the title “Dr” even when you earned it and it was not bought online or dashed.
that's so true, I had this thoughts couple of weeks ago, that people use to pride themselves been called different chief titles when I was young but now many people in my Generation do not want it at all... Same will go the way of honorary doctorates very soon.
Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by CoronaVirusPro: 7:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
stanisbaratheon:

Keep fVcking yourself there

Cry more tongue

You both should go fvck yourselves!

millionboi2:
As e dey pain you,e dey sweet us
Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by casualobserver: 7:45pm On Dec 16, 2023
Kukutente23:

Why are you insulting a man for studying and getting an academic qualification
Could this be due to jealousy or just rotten manners?

Clearly you are poorly educated. Where did I insult the man? Feel free to provide it. Once again you provide an example for what I always preach on Nairaland….that Nigerians speak English but many lack comprehension and that is why students from Nigeria an English speaking country like are required to take English proficiency exams as a prerequisite for foreign admission. I simply made a comment that the title Dr does not have the same aura it used to have. Nothing there mentioned Edie or questioned the nature of his degree.

Go to school and learn English properly so you can understand what you read.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Coolsat:
He looks better than the governor. Shayo don affect Fubara's eyes see as e Dy shine shayo shayo

Why compare him with the Governor? The speaker is in his 30s.
Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by Kukutente23: 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
casualobserver:

Clearly you are poorly educated. Where did I abuse the man? Once again you provide an example for what I always preach on Nairaland….that Nigerians speak English but many lack comprehension. I simply made a comment that the title Dr does not have the same aura it used to have. Nothing there mentioned Edie or questioned the nature of his degree.

Go to school and learn English properly so you can understand what you read.
Shut your dirty trap you zombie
Who is the riff-raff you're referring to
I'm sure you don't even have a masters degree yet you're using your leprosy infested fingers to degrade another man's work all because of politics
If you have a problem with how degrees are awarded I suggest you return yours first cause you certainly don't deserve it
Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by casualobserver: 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2023
Kukutente23:

Shut your dirty trap you zombie
Who is the riff-raff you're referring to
I'm sure you don't even have a masters degree yet you're using your leprosy infested fingers to degrade another man's work all because of politics
If you have a problem with how degrees are awarded I suggest you return yours first cause you certainly don't deserve it

People who have received dodgy honorary doctorates and those including a famous online blogger who bought hers from an online university.

Show me where I refered to the speaker as a riff raff! Na English fail you!

As for degrees my grand father had a ph.D. Unlike you I’m not the 1 st generation to go to school. Where my ancestors started from in education, your generations have not reached! Women in my family were getting degrees long before women in your family started wearing clothes to cover their dignity!

Once again you’ve embarrassed yourself. I believe I warned you in a previous encounter to focus on your English comprehension such that you understand what is being said before you respond and avoid making an a r s e of yourself. You didn’t learn did you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
So with this PhD in law he can rewrite the laws in rivers state angry
Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by Toluabigr8(m): 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2023
WINDSOW:

Badt guy, u want nack her. cool cool cool cool

No time to check time cool cool
Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by favor914: 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2023
casualobserver:

People who have received dodgy honorary doctorates and those including a famous online blogger who bought hers from an online university.

As for degrees my grand father had a ph.D. Unlike you I’m not the 1 st generation to go to school. Where my ancestors started from in education, your generations have not reached! Women in my family were getting degrees long before women in your family started wearing clothes to cover their dignity!

Once again you’ve embarrassed yourself. I believe I warned you in a previous encounter to focus on your English comprehension such that you understand what is being said before you respond and avoid making an a r s e of yourself. You didn’t learn did you?
You even try, to dey waste time with that kukutente23 Thing.
Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by ufuosman(m): 10:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
Congrats
Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by Kukutente23: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
casualobserver:

Maybe you'll like it if someone start making snide remarks about PhD at the moment you mention that your grandfather had one.
I find it curious though that I mentioned your level of education but you went off hiding behind your grandfather may God rest his soul.
Stand on your own. Your grandfather lived his life and had his own achievements. Mention yours before your start denigrating others
Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by casualobserver: 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
Kukutente23:

Maybe you'll like it if someone start making snide remarks about PhD at the moment you mention that your grandfather had one.
I find it curious though that I mentioned your level of education but you went off hiding behind your grandfather may God rest his soul.
Stand on your own. Your grandfather lived his life and had his own achievements. Mention yours before your start denigrating others

I did not make snide remarks I made a statement of fact. Proliferation of fake and bought doctorates have debased the title Dr.

If I come from a family where my grandfather was one of the 1st Nigerians to get a phd, even before independence, if you had any brain cells I dont need to explain my level of education. The least educated of my grandfathers generation I.e the women was either a foreign trained registered nurse or a school teacher. Even my great grandfather was a Catechist which was as educated as you get in those days.

1 Like

Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by DoctorAyukebot(m): 10:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
jeromestarks:

Wow!
A speaker and now a Ph.D holder?
How did he get Ph.D at such young age? Someone said Doctorate takes at least 5 years.

If internet sources are anything to go by then Dr Ehie should be atleast 37, old enough to be a beneficiary of a Ph.D. Most PhD programs are tailored for three years if the candidate has a Masters degree. Consequently by 26 most dedicated students can be a recipient of a PhD.
Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by Kukutente23: 10:56pm On Dec 16, 2023
casualobserver:

I did not make snide remarks I made a statement of fact. Proliferation of fake and bought doctorates have debased the title Dr.

If I come from a family where my grandfather was one of the 1st Nigerians to get a phd, even before independence, if you had any brain cells I dont need to explain my level of education. The least educated of my grandfathers generation I.e the women was either a foreign trained registered nurse or a school teacher. Even my great grandfather was a Catechist which was as educated as you get in those days.
Can you give examples of fake and bought doctorates. And how convenient you realised that on a thread of a man who is giving you political blues. Funny enough you defended Tinubu's forged certificate with every vein in your body.

You're just making wild claims. There are three Nigerians who had PhD before independence so you're telling me your father was one of them?
Besides, it's you were discussing. Tell us your level of education and stop hiding behind audio grandfather

1 Like

Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by Kukutente23: 10:56pm On Dec 16, 2023
favor914:
You even try, to dey waste time with that Thing.
Is that why you scam people online

Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by SayNo2SmallPrik: 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2023
People wey no sabi book
Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by gucci20(m): 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2023
[quote author=fergie001 post=127516201][/quote] Congratulations to him...more grease to his elbow!! Please, Mr speaker always give your full support to the Governor. And save Rivers State from wicked wike!!!

1 Like

Re: Fubara, Odu Celebrate As Ehie Edison Bags Doctorate degree In Law by OLULAW: 2:07am On Dec 18, 2023
Nigerian universities churning out PhDs to every Dick, Tom and Harry, devaluing the award day after day to the point where it's mo longer worth the paper it's printed on. Sorry to say, I respect individuals who deliver but not the degrees they carry. Unbelievably, Goodluck holds a PhD and Mama Patience holds a BSc but both of them come across as individuals with no university education. Few days ago, I encountered a Nigerian woman who was called to the Nigerian Bar but couldn't defend his son on frivolous accusations by his classmates in school, suggesting she must have gone through university and law school by crook and hook. Let's see what this guy does with the PhD. Possibly, he just needed a title!

Is LASU still selling its degrees?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Activist, Ariyo-Dare Atoye Is Dead / Wike Supervises Destruction Of Arms Recovered During Rivers Amnesty Programme(Pi / "President Buhari Behind Crisis In Benue" - Middle Belt Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.