Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,032 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year (19511 Views)

Airfares Drop As Foreign Carriers Unblock Low-priced Tickets / Airfares To UK, US, Others Jump By 55% / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Amount(m): 4:33am On Dec 18, 2023
Dittodat:

Stop lying and posting rubbish. You are posting rumors and unconfirmed false narratives. I'm a world traveler; I'm always on the go flying all over the world.
The flight from ATL to ACC (Accra Ghana) right on Delta is $4412 right now for the return flight from Dec 18th to Dec 25th.
If the flights to those countries are as cheap as you claimed, why is no one flying to them before connecting to Nigeria?
I live in Atlanta and am always on a Delta flight to Lagos every other month. I don't know of a single person here who has ever thought of flying to Ghana or Coutonu because it's cheaper. The fact is that they are not cheap. Go and book the flight and [post them online for everyone to see.
You people will start a useless rumor, and others will just buy the story without checking, including the lazy Nigerian journalists.
The fact remains that airfare has gone up all over the world drastically. The increase in Nigeria might have gone up exponentially, but Nigeria is not unique in this category.

What do you mean by 'the increase in Nigeria *might* have gone up exponentially'
youngman!!! Remove that 'might', call it what it is and stop defending the village president that have no clue on how to tackle the Nigerian economy

1 Like

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by iwaeda: 6:16am On Dec 18, 2023
Dittodat:

I have lived in Atlanta when most didn't even know where that was. More than likely, it was before you were even born.
The first time I traveled out of Nigeria was from Lagos to JFK, and the ticket price was N300 on a Nigeria Airways one-way ticket.
Think about it for a minute. Try and guess the year
BYE
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by freemanq(m): 6:32am On Dec 18, 2023
Nigeria is a joke can't provide security for road users, yet those that wants to use air can't afford it. And we claim to have government?
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Itzteewhy(m): 7:31am On Dec 18, 2023
Dittodat:

Mumu, 10k what year was that.
Do you know how much it cost now to travel by air in the US compared to 10 years ago? Do you know how much it cost to travel from the US to Nigeria now compared to 10 years ago?
There was a time that you can fly Delta from Atl Detroit for 60 dollars one way. Try 300 dollars now or more depending on time of the year and when you.buy your ticket.

You're the real retarded human being

Someone is making a case of what is happening in NIGERIA and you are bringing US shey na US we dey live

Oya the US you are using as a standard why don't you compare their Minimum wage, infrastructure, healthcare facilities, standard of living, GDP, HDI etc.... but no you wont do that anything to score cheap points is welcomed...

Mumu agbadorians miscreants that so much love his chain and want to remain in perpetual slavery..

1 Like

Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by 6footplus(m): 8:59am On Dec 18, 2023
Dittodat:

Mumu, 10k what year was that.
Do you know how much it cost now to travel by air in the US compared to 10 years ago? Do you know how much it cost to travel from the US to Nigeria now compared to 10 years ago?
There was a time that you can fly Delta from Atl Detroit for 60 dollars one way. Try 300 dollars now or more depending on time of the year and when you.buy your ticket.

No lies were told here. I remember flying Kaduna to Lagos for an interview back in 2008/2009 for 10k on Aero. And I had just finished uni then.
Re: Airfares Skyrocket Ahead Christmas, New Year by Swiftgrp: 9:25am On Dec 18, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Not Leaving Nigeria - Virgin Atlantic / FG Deports 3 Koreans, Bans Them From Nigeria For 10 Years / Top 5 Interesting Places In Lagos To Celebrate Nigeria @ 59

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.